AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 20 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 20, 2018, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, J P Nadda released the National Health Profile (NHP)-2018 prepared by CBHI and also the National Health Resource Repository (NHRR). What is the full form of CBHI?
1.Central Bureau of Health Intelligence
2.Central Bureau of Humanity and Integrity
3.Central Bureau of Health Investiagtion
4.Central Bureau of Hygiene and Intelligence
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Central Bureau of Health Intelligence
The National Health Profile covers demographic, socio-economic, health status and health finance indicators, along with comprehensive information on health infrastructure and human resources in health. According to the report India has shown impressive gains with 22% reduction in Maternal Mortality since 2013. Uttar Pradesh with 30% decline has topped the chart in the reduction of Maternal Deaths.
- Minister of Commerce and Industry, Suresh Prabhu announced Implementing the Indian National Strategy for Standardization in the 5th National Standards Conclave in _____ on June 19-20 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.New Delhi
Commerce Secretary, Ms. Rita Teaotia and Joint Secretary, Department of Commerce, Sudhanshu Pandey were also present during this occasion. Two reports were also released by the Minister, Indian National Strategy for Standardization (INSS) and CII-ASL Study on TBT/SPS Notifications. This would boost both exports as well as domestic economic growth by realizing their value in market.
- Government has set up a Chief Ministers Subgroup to Coordinate Policy Approaches for Agriculture and MGNREGS. Chief Minister of which state has been made as the Convener of the committee?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Madhya Pradesh
Decision taken at the 4th meeting of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog on 17thJune,2018. It would come out with approaches with emphasis on pre-sowing and post-harvest interventions using MGNREGS to further improve the thrust on incomes, water conservation and waste to wealth. This will improve thrust on Water Conservation, individual Beneficiary Schemes, Construction of Rural Haats, Vermi-Composting etc. The Committee will submit its report within three months from its date of constitution.
- On 18th June 2018, the 11th report of the Common Review Mission of the National Health Mission (NHM) was released and it has stated that, women bear uneven burden in family planning with women accounting for more than ____ per cent of sterilisations in India?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.93 %
The report also states that male sterilisation services still remain inadequately available in India. The data has been cited from the Health Management Information System (HMIS) where states upload data on different parameters of NHM. As per HMIS in 2017-18 (till October) out of the total 14,73,418 sterilisation procedures only 6.8 % were male sterilisation and 93.1 % were female sterilization. This is a very slight improvement from previous years when women accounted for 98 per cent of the total sterilisations.
- On June 20, 2018, Under ‘Adopt a Heritage’ Scheme, 3 MoUs have already been signed and 6 are at an advanced stage and how many more Adarsh Monuments are enlisted for coverage under the scheme?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.31
The Ministry of Culture launched a report on Adopt a Heritage’ Scheme of the Government of India . The scheme is being implemented by the Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Culture and Archaeological Survey of India. The project primarily focuses on providing basic amenities that includes cleanliness, public conveniences, drinking water, ease of access for differently abled and senior citizens, standardized signage, illumination and advanced amenities such as surveillance system, night viewing facilities, tourism facilitation center.
- On 19th June 2018, the Visva-Bharati University received ____ central grant for setting up a ‘Yoga Gram’ in the university campus, in Kolkata?
1.Rs 2 crore
2.Rs 50 lakh
3.Rs 5 crore
4.Rs 10 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Rs 5 crore
Prof Samiran Mondal, Head of Department of Yogic Art and Science, said that, small ‘yoga’ themed cottages with tiled or straw roofs will be made in the ‘Yoga Gram’. Even tourists can participate in sessions conducted there. Work for the first phase of the project has started. Work is done on 15 acres of land in the compound of the ‘Vinay Bhavan’, the Institute of Education of the university. Books and audiovisual aids will also be available on the 2000-year-old yoga culture.
- Which state government has decided to provide star rankings to its panchayats based on 7 social parameters under its 7-Star Gram Panchayat Rainbow scheme?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Haryana
Nearly 1,120 villages of Haryana have obtained the rankings under Haryana’s 7-Star Gram Panchayat Rainbow scheme, launched in January 2018. Information regarding this was announced by Haryana Agriculture minister O P Dhankar at a State level Panchayat Performance Assessment Committee (SPPAC) meeting at Chandigarh on 19th June 2018. The panchayats will be judged based on sex ratio, education, hygiene, environment preservation, governance and social participation.
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has adopted Jagatpur village in ____ for its Swachhata Abhiyaan?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Delhi
The sanitation drive of KVIC started with a plantation drive and ended with cleanliness drive in the bank of river Yamuna. Also, KVIC is setting up 20 park benches on the bank of river Yamuna. Under KVIC’s Swachhata Mission, the next cleanliness drive will start in Juhu Beach of Mumbai.
- On June 20, 2018, the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation announced which city of Meghalaya as the 100th Smart City?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Shillong
Earlier 99 smart cities had been selected in four rounds of competition under the Smart Cities Mission. 20 cities were selected in January 2016, 13 cities in May 2016, 27 cities in September 2016, 30 cities in June 2017 and 9 cities in January 2018.
- Russia would hold talks about the tri-service military exercise with India called _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.INDRA
On June 20, 2018, According to a news agency , Russia would hold talks about the tri-service military exercise with India called : ‘INDRA’. Indra-2018 will take place in an Indian military base in the second half 2018. Combined military Russian Eastern Military District force will participate in the exercise. The previous Indra execise was held in 2013 in Mahajan Field Firing range in Bikaner.
- On 18th June 2018, who became the richest man in the world with a net wealth of $141.9 billion, as per the Forbes World’s Billionaires list?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Jeff Bezos
Bill Gates, the principal founder of Microsoft Corporation, is the second-richest man in the world with a net wealth of $92.9 billion. Warren Buffet, who is one of the most successful investors in the world, has secured third place with a net wealth of $82.2 billion. Jeff Bezos officially became the richest person in the world in early 2018. Amazon has become the second most valuable company in the world after Apple.
- On June 20, 2018, The Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship ____ returned from his visit to Austria and Germany?
4.Narendra Singh Tomar
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Dharmendra Pradhan
The Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan participated in the 7th OPEC International Seminar organised by the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) as a special guest in Vienna, Austria from 19-20th June 2018. Energy Ministers from all the OPEC countries including Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iran as well as Russia, China, Oman participated in the Conference. India’s engagement with OPEC is important as India sources about 82% of crude oil, 75% of natural gas and 97% of LPG from OPEC member countries.
- On June 20, 2018, With a view to promote the Priority Sector Lending guidelines for housing loans with the Affordable Housing Scheme, the RBI has changed the eligilibity conditions of the priority sector lending. Previous eligibility – from 28 lakh (for metropolitan cities) has been changed to what amount?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.35 lakh
For economically Weaker Sections and Low Income Groups the eligibility has been changed as follows:
Previous eligibility Changed eligibility
From 28 lakh (for metropolitan cities) To 35 lakh
From 20 lakh ( for other centres) To 25 lakh
These changes are valid till the overall cost doesn’t exceed Rs. 45 lakh for metropolitan and Rs. 30 lakh for other centres. The Existing limit of family income of Rs. 2 lakh per annum has been changed to to Rs 3 lakh per annum for economically weaker group and Rs . 6 lakh for low income groups.
- On June 20, 2018, AU Small Finance Bank announced that it has received shareholders approval to raise Rs 1,000 crore from Singapore-based investment firm ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Temasek
On June 20, 2018, AU Small Finance Bank announced that it has received shareholders approval to raise Rs 1,000 crore from Singapore-based investment firm Temasek. AU Bank’s shareholders include IFC, Warburg Pincus, Chrys Capital and Kedaara Capital. This would be its first largest primary capital infusion in the bank since its last raise in 2011-12.
- On June 20, 2018, UIDAI CEO said that 18,000 centres have come up for enrolment and updation of the biometric ID. Name the CEO of UIDAI?
1.Ajay Bhushan Pandey
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ajay Bhushan Pandey
They are called the ‘Bank Aadhaar Kendras’. It was after the private as well as public sector banks had to set up Aadhaar facility in at least one out of 10 branches a year ago. 10,000 branches of private and public sector banks have set up Aadhaar enrolment and updation centres and 8,000 such centres have come up in post offices out of 13,000. Overall, about 26,000 centres are slated to come up at banks and post offices.
- Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) has supplied nearly 60,000 tonnes of steel material for the 111-km-long Jiribam-Tupul-Imphal new broad gauge railway project in which state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Manipur
SAIL has supplied TMT rebars and structural, HR Plates and Sheets, Plate Mill Plates for this project. SAIL has been supplying the materials manufactured in the advanced mills at Durgapur, IISCO, Rourkela and Bokaro plants. The project was taken up in 2008. It is a National Project. It consists of the construction of 111-km long broad gauge railway line that includes 9 stations at: Dolakhal, Kaimai Road, Kambiron, Thingou, Khongsang, Noney Tupul, Haochang Road and Imphal, 148 bridges & 45 tunnels. In this tunnel No. 12 is 11.55-km long. It is India’s longest tunnel. The project is carried out in two sections.
- On June 20, 2018, which entity unveiled its ‘Women Wizards Rule Tech’ programme for women techies to support women in being successful and thus increasing the number of women as senior officials in the IT field?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Nasscom
The Women Wizards Rule Tech was announced in March at the Nasscom Diversity and Inclusion Summit in Chennai as a joint initiative by the Nasscom Sector Skills Council and the Data Security Council of India. This initiative will aid women techies in core technologies like IT-Information Technology Enabled Services (ITES), Business Process Management (BPM), product and research and development (R&D) sectors.
- Central Water Commission (CWC) has entered into a Collaboration Agreement with software giant for flood forecasting?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Google
CWC is India’s top technical organization in the field of Water Resources. CWC will use latest advances made by Google in the in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and geo spatial mapping. These advances will be used for effective management of water resources in flood forecasting and spreading of flood related information to people through platforms developed by Google. This initiative will help crisis management agencies to handle extreme hydrological events in a better way. As per this Agreement, CWC and Google will exchange technical expertise in the fields of artificial intelligence, machine learning, geospatial mapping and analysis of hydrological observation data.
- On 19th June 2018, _____announced the launch of a training programme for journalists, to create awareness against misinformation and offering new tools against fake news?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Google
The Google News Initiative India Training Network will offer training to 8,000 journalists in English and 6 other Indian languages in the next 1 year. The network will select 200 journalists from Indian cities. They will be provided training to enhance their skills in verification and training during five-day boot camps. The boot camps will be organised for English and 6 other Indian languages. This network of certified trainers will in turn train more journalists. The workshops will be conducted in English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Marathi and Kannada in various Indian cities.
- On June 20, 2018, One97 Communications, which runs Paytm, has appointed former RBI Deputy Governor _____ as an advisor?
1.Rama Subramaniam Gandhi
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rama Subramaniam Gandhi
On June 20, 2018, One97 Communications, which runs Paytm, has appointed former RBI Deputy Governor Rama Subramaniam Gandhi as an advisor. Gandhi was a member of the first Monetary Policy Committee. He has also been the head of two regional offices of the Reserve Bank. He also held a charge as the Director of the Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT), Hyderabad.
- Sikkim government has appointed _____ as its Brand Ambassador?
3.A R Rahman
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.A R Rahman
A R Rahman will promote and project Sikkim’s achievements at national and international level. A notification regarding this was issued by Chief Secretary A K Srivastava. In the beginning of 2018, Sikkim state government had made A R Rahman its Brand Ambassador of tourism and business.
- On June 20, 2018, Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley announced the resignation of Chief Economic Advisor _____ for family commitments?
2.N K Singh
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Arvind Subramanian
On June 20, 2018, Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley announced the resignation of Chief Economic Advisor Arvind Subramanian for family commitments . Subramanian was appointed as CEA to the finance ministry on October 16, 2014, for a period of threeyears. In 2017 his term was extended for a year.
- Microsoft has acquired ____, a video discussion platform, which has over 20 million teachers and students throughout the world as users?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Flipgrid
Flipgrid enables students to discuss and reply to topics with video clips. Now, Microsoft will make Flipgrid free for schools. Customers who already paid for a subscription will receive a prorated refund. Microsoft will help to develop the Flipgrid community. Flipgrid will retain its brand and team after the acquisition.
- The juvenile manta ray habitat located in the Gulf of ____ off the coast of Texas at US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)’s Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary, has become the first of its kind to be described in a scientific study?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Mexico
Researchers have discovered the world’s first known natural manta ray nursery that allows them to observe the juvenile manta ray in their habitat. Joshua Stewart, a PhD candidate at Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University, spotted juvenile mantas during a research on manta population structure at Flower Garden Banks in 2016. The study has been published in the journal Marine Biology. Oceanic manta rays (Mobula birostris) are known as the gentle giants of the sea.
- On June 20, 2018, International Cricket Council (ICC) announced its Future Tours Programme (FTP) for 2018- ____ which includes the World Test Championship and a 13-team ODI league?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.2023
The ICC World Test Championship will be held in July of 2019. India will play the first match against West Indies . The Test championship will involve nine teams playing three home and three away series over a two-year cycle beginning in 2019. The two top-ranked sides will then progress to the June 2021 final to decide the World Test champions which may be held in Lord’s in July 2021.
- Name the Sri Lankan cricket captain who has been suspended from his side’s third and final Test against the West Indies as he was found guilty of ball tampering in the second day of the second Test, which ended at Gros Islet on 18th June 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Dinesh Chandimal
ICC Match Referee Javagal Srinath gave Dinesh Chandimal the maximum punishment under the code: two suspension points and a fine of 100 % of his match fee. Two suspension points is equal to a ban from one Test or two ODIs or two T20Is, whatever comes first. Dinesh Chandimal will not play in the day/night Barbados Test that starts on 23rd June 2018. As two suspension points is equal to four demerit points, these have been added to his disciplinary record.
- On 17th June 2018, which tennis player won his 98th ATP title by winning the Stuttgart Open, in Stuttgart, Germany?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Roger Federer
Roger Federer defeated Milos Raonic 6-4, 7-6 (7/3) in the Stuttgart Cup final. Roger Federer defeated Milos Raonic for the 11th time in 14 meetings. Roger Federer will be playing for a ninth Wimbledon victory next month. Roger Federer will get back the world number one ranking.
- On 20th June 2018, Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu received the book “Vedvigyan Alok” (Maharishi Aitareya Mahidas Praneet – Aitareya Brahmina ki Vaigyanik Vyakhya). The book has been written by ____?
2.Bala Krishna Murali
3.Acharya Agnivarat Naishthik
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Acharya Agnivarat Naishthik
On 20th June 2018, Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu received the book “Vedvigyan Alok” (Maharishi Aitareya Mahidas Praneet – Aitareya Brahmina ki Vaigyanik Vyakhya) written by Acharya Agnivarat Naishthik. Vedvigyan Alok is divided into 4 volumes. Vedvigyan Alok is the scriptural verse in Vedas’ prose. The Brahman textbooks were composed in Vedic Sanskrit. Vedic Sanskrit is considered extremely complicated.
- On June 20, 2018, The Union Human Resource Development Minister, Shri Prakash Javadekar launched the new digital initiative of HRD Ministry ‘National Digital Library of India’ in _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.New Delhi
NDL is the Single Window Platform that collects and collates metadata from premier learning institutions in India and abroad, as well as other relevant sources. It is a digital repository containing textbooks, articles, videos, audio books, lectures, simulations, fiction and all other kinds of learning media. It can be accessed by the digital library anytime and anywhere absolutely free of cost and will contribute greatly to the Government’s commitment towards “Padhe Bharat Badhe Bharat”.
- When is International Integration Day observed all over the world every year?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.June 16
International Integration is a financial concept in which countries have greater number of financial transactions, investments & interests outside their borders. Through financial integration countries become increasingly financially interdependent.
- What was the theme of theme for World Refugee Day 2018 that was celebrated on 20th June 2018?
1.Now More Than Ever, We Need to Stand with Refugees
2.Mission: Hold hands with the refugees
3.Support refugees, help them rise up
4.Help refugees and protect them from social discrimination
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Now More Than Ever, We Need to Stand with Refugees
World Refugee Day is observed every year on June 20th. This day honours the courage and perseverance of millions of refugees. In 2000, United Nations declared June 20 as World Refugee Day. This day marks the anniversary of the 1951 Convention Related to the Status of Refugees. The theme for World Refugee Day 2018 is: ‘Now More Than Ever, We Need to Stand with Refugees’.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Ukai Dam has been constructed on which river?Tapi River
- Where is Sultanpur National Park located?Haryana
- Who is the Chairman of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC)?Vinai Kumar Saxena
- Name the Chief of Naval Staff of India?Admiral Sunil Lanba
- Who is the Chairman of Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL)?P K Singh