AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 18 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 16, 2017, the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) launched a 24×7 helpline, _________ in Srinagar with an aim to help citizens
Answer – 2.’Madadgar
The helpline is the first of its kind in Kashmir with a toll free number (14411). The aim of the helpline is to assist Kashmiris, especially students studying all over the country who face security issues and other problems away from the home.
- On June 17, 2017, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj inaugurated ‘KIP’ for young overseas Indians at a function in New Delhi. Abbreviation KIP stands for:
1.Know India Programme
2.Knowledge India Programme
3.Knowledge Information Programme
4.Knowledge India Portal
5.Know India Portal
Answer – 1.Know India Programme
The Know India Programme is a three-week orientation programme for the Indian diaspora. The programme is aimed at promoting awareness on different facets of life in India and the progress made by the country in various fields such as economic and education.
- Central Govt. has announced the launch of how many new Post Office Passport Kendras in second phase?
Answer – 3.149
On June 17, 2017, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj announced the launch of 149 new Post Office Passport Seva Kendra (POPSK). These will be in addition to 86 POPSKs announced by the Ministry of External Affairs in the first phase, an initiative undertaken jointly by the MEA and the Department of Post.
- Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) the administrative authority of Atal Pension Yojana (APY)has now introduced “[email protected]”which involves a complete digital enrolment process. APY subscriber base has recently crossed:
Answer – 1.50 lakh
The digital subscription to APY has been enabled to give additional push to cover the as yet unreached population at greater ease. Currently APY subscribers’ base is more than 54 Lakhs subscribers.
- Sabarmati Ashram, which served as epicentre of India’s freedom struggle is located in which State?
Answer – 1.Gujarat
Sabarmati Ashram, which served as epicentre of the country’s freedom struggle during Mahatma Gandhi’s stay there, celebrated its centenary on June 17, 2017 in presence of his grandson and former West Bengal Governor Gopalkrishna Gandhi.
- Second annual meeting of the Asia Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)was held on June 16, 2017 in:
Answer – 2.South Korea
This meeting was jointly hosted by AIIB and South Korea. The meeting was chaired by South Korea Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Kim Dong-yeon. The theme of this year’s annual meeting was “Sustainable Infrastructure”.
- External Affairs Ministry spokesman Gopal Baglay said, air freight corridor between India and___________is on the verge of completion
Answer – 4.Afghanistan
The first Indian flight, which will fly over the Pakistani airspace like civilian planes do, will take off either this weekend or early next week. It will carry Indian products to Afghanistan and vice versa.
- Which among the following is the sixth bank against which the Reserve Bank of India has initiated Prompt Corrective Action (PCA)?
1.Bank of Maharashtra
4.Bank of India
Answer – 1.Bank of Maharashtra
RBI has said that the action is taken on Bank of Maharashtra in view of high level of bad loans. Earlier RBI initiated PCA on Central Bank of India, IDBI Bank, UCO Bank, Dena Bank and Indian Overseas Bank.
- Which office market in India has been ranked ninth most expensive prime office market market in the world?
1.Mumbai’s Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC)
2.S G Highway in Ahmedabad
3.Connaught Place in Delhi
4.M G Road in Bengaluru
5.Central Business District(CBD) of Nariman Point in Mumbai
Answer – 3.Connaught Place in Delhi
According to the bi-annual Global Prime Office Occupancy Costs survey of US-based CBRE, Connaught Place in Delhi has been ranked ninth most expensive prime office market in the world. Occupancy cost of Connaught Place in Delhi is $153.89 per square feet per annum.
- On June 13, 2017, which company announced commissioning of a 50-megawatt solar PV plant in Mahoba district, Uttar Pradesh, under the National Solar Mission Scheme?
Answer – 3.Adani Group
The plant has been set up with an investment of Rs. 315 crore. The technology used for setting up this plant includes String Inverter Technology with crystalline silicon modules that allow miniature level control of solar power generation. The transmission line runs up to 21.5 km.
- Queen of Dhwayah, 2017, the first beauty pageant for transgender women was recently held in:
Answer – 4.Kerala
Syama Sanju was declared the Queen of Dhwayah, the winner at Kerala’s first ever beauty pageant for transgender women. Jaz D’souza was crowned the first runner-up while Harini Chandana came third from among fifteen participants.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)has been working on a new propulsion system known as the ‘EP’ system that is set to usher in a new era of cost effective satellite launches. Abbreviation ‘EP’ stands for:
Answer – 1.Electric Propulsion
The Electric Propulsion (EP) system converts solar energy into electrical energy which, in turn, is used to change the velocity of a satellite in space. This technology was first used as a technology demonstrator in GSAT-9 or the South Asia Satellite launched on May 5, 2017.
- On June 15, 2017, NASA’s _______ spacecraft, designed to take astronauts to deep space destinations successfully completed a series of tests for its critical safety systems.
This week, NASA engineers tested the abort motor for Orion’s launch abort system (LAS). The launch abort system is an important part of making sure that crew members stay safe on the launch pad and on their way to space.
- Scientists at NASA have revealed that James Webb Mega telescope will observe Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune, as well as Trappist-1e, distant galaxies and asteroids. This telescope will be launched in which year?
Answer – 1.2018
According to NASA, the initial observations will explore a broad spectrum of the universe’s mysteries, including the first light and the birth of stars and planets. Scientists have selected some of the targets to be observed by the James Webb Space Telescope, the colossal instrument that will allow researchers to peer 13.5 billion years back in time.
- The World Twenty20 Championship’s seventh edition which was scheduled to be held next year has been postponed to:
Answer – 2.2020
The World Twenty20 Championship’s seventh edition next year is all set to be scrapped and pushed to 2020 as the top member nations will be busy with bilateral commitments in 2018.
- Sam Bezley, who passed away on June 12, 2017, was:
3.A space scientist
5.A Sports Journalist
Answer – 4.An Actor
Sam Beazley, who played Professor Everard in ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’, passed away on June 12, 2017. He was 101. He began his professional acting career as a teenager in 1930s, which saw him acting in films like “Hamlet” and “Romeo and Juliet”.
- Father’s Day is celebrated on which date every year?
1.2nd Sunday of June
3.3rd Sunday of June
5.4th Sunday of June
Answer – 3.3rd Sunday of June
Father’s Day is a celebration honoring fathers and celebrating fatherhood, paternal bonds, and the influence of fathers in society. Although Fathers Day is celebrated on different dates in different countries, many countries around the world celebrate Father’s Day on third Sunday of June.
- Board of Governors of the AIIB at their second annual meeting announced that its third annual meeting will be held in ______________ in June 2018
Answer – 3.Mumbai
Board of Governors of the AIIB at their second annual meeting announced that its third annual meeting will be held in Mumbai in June 2018. The objective of conducting the meeting in India is to deeply engage with local businesses and draw on the infrastructure expertise that India can offer.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.