AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 14 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 14, 2017, Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved, ‘ISS’ for farmers for the year 2017-18. Abbreviation ‘ISS’ stands for:
1.Interest Substitution Scheme
2.Interest Subvention Scheme
3.Interest Scrutiny Scheme
4.Interest Security Scheme
5.Interest System SchemeAnswer – 2.Interest Subvention Scheme
The Central Government will provide interest subvention of 5% per annum to all prompt payee farmers for short term crop loan up to one year for loan up to Rs. 3 lakhs borrowed by them during the year 2017-18.
- On June 14, 2017, Union Cabinet approved a MoU between India and __________ on agriculture cooperation
5.NigeriaAnswer – 1.Palestine
Union Cabinet has given its ex-post facto approval to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare and the Ministry of Agriculture in the State of Palestine on agriculture cooperation.
- Which mission has been launched by Ministry of Railways to refurbish 40,000 old coaches in next five-and-a-half years for enhancing passenger comfort and experience?
1.Mission New Rail
3.Mission Naya Humsafar
5.Mission Best RailAnswer – 4.Mission Retro-Fitment
The total cost of modifying and retro-fitting 40,000 coaches will be nearly Rs 15,000 crore. The retro-fitted coaches will be stronger and will not climb on other coaches in case of accident as they will be fitted with centre buffer couplers which have inherent anti-climbing property.
- Which State Government has launched, ‘Anuyatra’, an empowerment programme for the differently-abled?
5.KeralaAnswer – 5.Kerala
‘Anuyatra’ is aimed at bringing the differently abled to the mainstream and making the state differently abled-friendly. It is a joint initiative of Kerala Social Security Mission under state Social Justice Department, the State Initiative on Disabilities (SID) and the Magic Academy with the support of Departments of Health, Education, Local Self Government and National Health Mission. The Academy has imparted free magic training for the children with an objective of creating confidence and self esteem among them under a special programme titled “M-Power”.
- On June 14, 2017, Union Cabinet was apprised about a Memorandum of Understanding which has already been signed in April 2017, between India and _______ for cooperation on youth matters.
5.AzerbaijanAnswer – 1.Armenia
The objective of the MoU is to strengthen and encourage cooperation between the two countries on youth matters through participation in events and activities, information and knowledge sharing and youth exchanges between the two countries.
- The statistics ministry is set to change the base year of national accounts to ___________ from 2011-12 after completion of the household consumer expenditure survey and labour force data by the end of 2018.
5.2017-18Answer – 5.2017-18
Earlier in 2015, the Central Statistics Office (CSO) under the Statistics Ministry had changed the base year for tabulating the Gross Domestic Product or size of economy to 2011-12 from 2004-05.
- Which two core conventions on child labour were ratified by India on June 13, 2017, at the International Labour Conference in Geneva?
1.Convention 136 and Convention 180
2.Convention 137 and Convention 181
3.Convention 138 and Convention 182
4.Convention 139 and Convention 183
5.Convention 140 and Convention 184Answer – 3.Convention 138 and Convention 182
On June 13, 2017, India ratified two important core conventions on child labour – pertaining to minimum age for admission to employment and worst forms of child labour – at the International Labour Conference in Geneva, Switzerland. The two core conventions signed by India are Convention 138, which sets minimum age for admission to employment and Convention 182, which penalises and prohibits the worst form of child labour.
- India conducted week-long bilateral maritime exercise in June 2017 with which country?
5.Sri LankaAnswer – 4.Australia
Three Indian warships arrived in the port city of Freemantle in Western Australia on June 13, 2017 to participate in a week-long naval exercise off the Western Australian coast. The so-called Exercise Australia-India (AUSINDEX) is the first-ever bilateral military exercise in Australian waters involving the Indian Navy and Royal Australian Navy and aims to develop a deeper understanding and cooperation between the two navies
- On June 13, 2017, Reserve Bank of India identified 12 non-performing accounts representing ____% of gross NPAs in Indian banking system, which will be immediately taken up under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC)
5.45%Answer – 1.25%
Internal Advisory Committee (IAC) of RBI comprising majorly of central bank’s independent board members held its first meeting to consider cases under the new IBC. The IAC followed an objective and non-discretionary criterion that all accounts with total outstanding loans greater than Rs 5,000 crore, with at least three-fifths (60%) classified as non-performing by banks as on March 31, 2016, should be referred under IBC.
- Contract that offers the buyer the right, but not the obligation, to buy or sell a stock/commodity/asset at an agreed-upon price during a certain period of time up to a specific date is referred to as:
5.Bills of ExchangeAnswer – 2.Options Contract
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has permitted commodity exchanges to launch options trading in commodity futures. Introduction of options trading is expected to enhance the depth of the commodity markets for hedgers and traders.
- Which company has entered into an exclusive pact with DBS Bank arm DBS Vickers Securities (Singapore) for co-branding and distribution of equity research to the latter’s global clients?
2.Anand Rathi Share and Stock Brokers
4.Emkay Global Financial Services
5.ICICI SecuritiesAnswer – 4.Emkay Global Financial Services
The agreement involves sharing of knowledge, co-branding of research and its distribution to the global clients of DBS Vickers. Besides, the partnership involves Emkay and DBS Vickers to jointly organise, arrange and participate in events to showcase and market India Research Reports and India Equities.
- Which among the following will be a co-partner country in ANUGA 2017- an international business platform for Food Industry to be held in Cologne, Germany from 7th -11th October 2017?
Union Minister of Food Processing Industries Smt Harsimrat Kaur Badal has signed the Memorandum of Understanding for Participation in the ANUGA Exhibition. For ANUGA 2017, e- commerce in food industry will be focussed for the first time.
- Which among the following has topped the 2017 BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands list, with a brand value of over $245 billion?
5.WalmartAnswer – 2.Google
Technology giant Google has topped the 2017 BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands list, with a brand value of over $245 billion. US tech giants Apple, Microsoft, and Facebook were also among the five most valuable brands.
- Michael A’Hearn was a pioneer in:
1.kidney transplant surgery
5.radiologyAnswer – 4.cometary science
NASA posthumously awarded the Exceptional Public Service Medal to University of Maryland Distinguished University Professor Michael F. A’Hearn, one of the world’s leading cometary scientists. The NASA Medal is for “fundamental work on comets and small bodies of the solar system, leadership in space missions, and ensuring public access to data from NASA missions and related projects.”
- Who among the following has been elevated to take charge of the commercial vehicle business at Tata Motors?
5.Maharshi DaveAnswer – 3.Girish Wagh
Wagh joined Tata Motors as a young graduate engineer via campus placement and rose through the ranks, having spent his entire career spanning 25 years in the company. He replaced Ravindra Pisharody who resigned earlier this month.
- Gaitri Issar Kumar has been named as India’s Ambassador to:
5.ChinaAnswer – 3.European Union
Gaitri Issar Kumar a 1986-batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, has been appointed as India’s next ambassador to Belgium. According to the external affairs ministry she will also be accredited as India’s ambassador to the European Union (EU). Reenat Sandhu, a 1989-batch IFS officer, will head India’s diplomatic mission in Italy. Ajit Vinayak Gupte from the 1991 batch, who is presently joint secretary in the ministry, has been appointed as ambassador to Denmark.
- In context of Indian Defence, what is ‘Nag’?
1.Multi-Barrel Rocket Launcher
5.Surveillance RadarAnswer –3.Anti-Tank Missile
On June 13, 2017, DRDO successfully test fired anti-tank missile ‘Nag’ in a desert in the western sector of Rajasthan. The “fire and forget” third generation anti-tank guided missile ‘Nag’ is equipped with the highly advanced Imaging Infrared Radar (IRR) seeker with integrated avionics, technology which is possessed by very few nations.
- What was the theme of ‘World Blood Donor Day’ 2017, celebrated on June 14, 2017?
1.Give Blood. Give Now. Give Often
2.Blood connects us all
3.Thank you for saving my life
4.Safe blood for saving mothers
5.Gove the Gift of LifeAnswer – 1.Give Blood. Give Now. Give Often
World Blood Donar Day is observed globally on 14th of June. This Day is celebrated to thank blood donors across the world and to raise awareness about the requirement of safe blood and blood products.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.