AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs July 5 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On July 5, 2018, Union Minister of Coal, Railways, Finance & Corporate Affairs, Shri Piyush Goyal launched the Coal Mine Surveillance & Management System (CMSMS) and Mobile Application _____ on Swami Vivekananda’s death anniversary in New Delhi to pay tribute to integrity?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Khan Prahari
The CMSMS is a web based GIS application through which location of sites for unauthorised mining can be detected. The platform used in the system is of Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology’s (MeiTY) map which provides village level information. The boundary of all the coal mines are displayed on this map. The system will use satellite data to detect changes by which unauthorised mining activity can be detected. The complaint originating from coal mines allotted to Coal India will go to Coal India Offices and those originating from coal blocks not allotted to Coal India will go straight to the State Government Officers.
- On June 30, 2018, External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj inaugurated a three day 9th Heads of Mission Conference of all Indian ambassadors and high commissioners in _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.New Delhi
The theme of this year’s conference is : Unprecedented Outreach: Unparalleled Outcomes. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to address the heads of missions. The conference will brief the top diplomats on economic reform initiatives and measures taken for improving ease-of-doing business. Discussions on key foreign policy issues and goals will also take place.
- On July 5, 2018, _____, the apex body for implementation of the Centre’s ambitious Ayushman Bharat-National Health Protection Scheme, has launched a formal process to empanel public and private hospitals to achieve universal health coverage?
1.National Health Agency (NHA)
2.Indian Health Agency (IHA)
3.Central Health Organisation (CHO)
4.Universal Health Organisation (UHO)
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.National Health Agency (NHA)
The State Health Agencies (SHA) through State Empanelment Committees (SEC) will start empaneling private and public health care service providers and facilities in States and UTs. At the ground level, district, sub-district and block level workshops will be held to brief details of empanelment criteria, packages, processes and address any queries. Thereafter, hospitals interested to get empaneled can do so by visiting the web portal, www.abnhpm.gov.in where complete details of the process can be accessed. If the applicants meet the essential criteria , the State Health Agencies shall ensure empanelment.
- On July 5, 2018, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has entered into how many Unilateral Advance Pricing Agreements (UAPA) in May and June 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.3
On July 5, 2018, The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has entered into three Unilateral Advance Pricing Agreements (UAPA) in May and June 2018. The total number of APAs entered into by the CBDT has gone up to 223, which inter alia include 20 Bilateral APAs. The UAPAs entered pertain to consumer industry, automobile and precious stones & metals sectors of the economy. The international transactions covered in the agreements pertain to provision of corporate guarantee, purchase of brand, availing of grading services, availing of management services and payment of royalty.
- On July 5, 2018, The Centre and the state governments of Tripura and Mizoram signed an agreement for repatriation of thousands of people belonging to the ____ community from Tripura to Mizoram?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Bru
The Mou was signed among the Government of India, Governments of Mizoram and Tripura and Mizoram Bru Displaced People’s Forum (MBDPF) in New Delhi. The pact was signed in the presence of Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Tripura Chief Minister Beb and Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla. A committee under the Special Secretary (Internal Security) in the Home Ministry, Rina Mitra, will coordinate the implementation of this agreement. 32,876 people belonging to 5,407 families living in the refugee camps in the Jampui Hills of Tripura for two decades are being replaced to their home state.
- On 4th July 2018, IRCTC said that, ______ will be the first central paramilitary force to opt for e-ticketing instead of the railway warrant as per a MoU signed with the IRCTC?
1.Border Roads Organisation (BRO)
2.National Security Guard (NSG)
3.Indo Tibetian Police Force (ITPF)
4.Indian Coast Guard (ICG)
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.National Security Guard (NSG)
A memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed by the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) and the NSG at the headquarters of NSG in New Delhi. With this system the NSG personnel don’t have to carry railway warrants. Buying tickets through railway warrant system is a lengthy process. The NSG staff have to go to a railway reservation counter and exchange a railway warrant to reserve tickets. Railway warrant is a voucher issued for train travel for certain government employees, security force personnel and retirees at subsidised rates or free of charge. It can be exchanged for a ticket.
- On July 3,2018, the UP Government announced a new Defence Manufacturing policy named ‘UP Defence Aerospace Unit and Employment Generating Policy, 2018’. Under this scheme, the government will provide ____ % subsidy on circle rate of land purchased by investors?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.25 %
The government would provide 25 per cent subsidy on circle rate of land purchased by investors while transport subsidy of 50 per cent or Rs 2 crore per year would be given for importing equipment. The Government would provide subsidy on technology transfer, setting up of effluent treatment plant, setting up labs for quality control and patenting. It will provide 100 per cent subsidy on quality certification and trade mark, 100 per cent subsidy for stamp duty in Bundelkhand and Poorvanchal, 75 per cent in other areas while in Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida) and Ghaziabad, it will be 50 per cent. There would be additional 70 per cent rebate on State Government Sales Tax.
- On 5th July 2018, Karnataka Chief Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy presented the Congress-JD(S) coalition government’s first budget, announcing farm loan waiver worth _____?
1.Rs 34,000 crore
2.Rs 50,000 crore
3.Rs 45,000 crore
4.Rs 50,000 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs 34,000 crore
The budget has raised the rate of tax on petrol from the present 30% to 32%. This increases petrol prices by Rs 1.14 a litre. Rate of tax on diesel has been increased from the present 19% to 21%. It has increased the price of diesel by Rs 1.12 a litre. During the Assembly elections campaign, the JD(S) party had promised to waive farm loans borrowed from both cooperative and nationalised banks within 24 hours of coming to power.
- The main custodian banks shared a list of how many countries named as “high-risk jurisdictions” with Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) recently?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.25
China, UAE, Cyprus and Mauritius, along with 21 other countries have been named as “high-risk jurisdictions” by global banks acting as custodians for foreign funds. Large investors and beneficial owners of these funds entering India through high-risk jurisdictions will be highly scrutinized. Non-resident Indians and persons of Indian origin will face more obstacles in participating in funds set up in these countries for trading on Indian exchanges. HSBC, Deutsche Bank, Citi, Standard Chartered and JP Morgan are some of the banks that prepared the list.
- On July 5, 2018, RBI issued licence to which Chinese Bank to launch operations in India?
1.Bank of China
2.Investment Bank of China
3.Industrial and Construction Bank of India
4.Chinese National Bank
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Bank of China
This was done in the backdrop of Prime Minister Narendra Modi had made a commitment to Chinese President Xi Jinping to allow Bank of China to set up branches in India when they met on the sidelines of the SCO summit in Chinese city of Qingdao. This is the second Chinese lender to secure a licence to open a branch in India. In 2011, RBI gave approval to Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) to open a branch in India. It currently has a branch in Mumbai. This agreement comes after China agreed to relax tariffs on non-Basmati rice,sugar and other commodities from India.
- On July 3, 2018, The Finance Ministry announced that it has kept the interest rates on small savings schemes. What is the interest rate of National Savings Certificate (NSC)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.7.6
Schemes Interest rate 5 yr Senior citizen Savings Scheme (paid quarterly) 8.3 Savings Deposits 4% Public Provident Fund (PPF) 7.6 National Savings Certificate (NSC) 7.6 Kisan Vikas Patra (maturity in 11 months) 7.3 Sukanya Samriddhi Account 8.1 Term Deposit (1-5 years) 6.6-7.4 5 year Recurring Deposit 6.9
- On July 5, 2018, Bank of Baroda has increased the marginal cost based lending rates (MCLR) by what per cent for various tenors of loans?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.0.05 %
Tenors New Rates (in %) Overnight 8 One Month 8.5 Three Months 8.15 Six Months 8.35 One Year 8.50
- On July 5, 2018, which credit card issuer, announced the launch of ELA’ (Electronic Live Assistant), a virtual assistant for customer support and services?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.SBI Card
On July 5, 2018, SBI Card, the country’s second largest credit card issuer, announced the launch of ELA’ (Electronic Live Assistant), a virtual assistant for customer support and services. It is designed to enhance customer experience by providing relevant and instant responses to customer queries. Additionally, Customers can communicate with ELA in conversational language. The virtual assistant is currently hosted on the SBI Card website and will soon be integrated on the mobile app as well.
- On July 5, 2018, Indian Bank revised the interest rates on Foreign Currency Non-Resident (banking) term deposits with immediate effect. As per these changes, what is the interest rate for term deposit of 5 years?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.3.93 %
Term Deposits Rates (in %) >=1 year and < 2 years 3.59 >=2 years and <3 years 3.77 >=3 years and <4 years 3.89 >=4 years and <5 years 3.92 =5 years 3.93
- On July 5, 2018, Yes Bank said it has received approval from SEBI to start mutual fund business after RBI’s approval. The name of the Mutual Fund business is Yes Asset Management (India) Limited (YAMIL). It will have its Headquarters in which city?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Mumbai
The name of the Mutual Fund business is Yes Asset Management (India) Limited (YAMIL). It will have its Headquarters in Mumbai. The operational set up of YAMIL will include technology architecture, partnerships for fund accounting ,custodian services, registrar services and transfer agent services. It will leverage YES BANK’s Knowledge Banking expertise and relationship capital across retail, corporate and institutional investors. It will further complement Yes Bank’s retail liabilities and wealth management strategy. This will allow YAMIL to build on the bank’s distribution network to provide customers a seamless investment and banking experience.
- On July 4, 2018, Fusion Microfinance has reduced the interest rate for its existing customers by how many basis points?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.140
On July 4, 2018, Fusion Microfinance has reduced the interest rate for its existing customers by 140 basis points to 23 per cent from 24.4 per cent. The new rate of interest will be effective from June 1, 2018. This will allow new customers to avail loans at 23.5 per cent now instead of previous 24.6 per cent rate. The company had last reduced its rate in November, 2016 by 100 basis points.
- On July 4, 2018, ICICI Bank announced that its mortgage loan portfolio crossed the _____ milestone, making it the largest private player in the segment?
1.Rs 1.5 trillion
2.Rs 7 million
3.Rs 3.5 trillion
4.Rs 2 billion
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs 1.5 trillion
It is targeting to grow it to Rs 2 trillion by FY20. At Rs 1.5 trillion, the mortgage loan-book is half of the bank’s overall retail loan portfolio of around Rs 3 trillion which constitute 52 per cent of its total assets of USD 172.5 billion. It has also enabled an online repository of 30,000 approved projects across 40 cities to achive its target of 2 trillion. The bank will add 50 per cent more loan processing centres from the present 1,050 to many new locations in tier II and III towns as well as micro-markets of the major metros.
- International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) has issued the first BS-VI certification for a heavy duty engine model for which firm?
1.M/s Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicle Limited
4.Ford Private Limited
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.M/s Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicle Limited
The engine was developed and manufactured indigenously by Volvo Eicher in India. The compliance test of the engine has been successfully completed much earlier than the implementation date of 1 April 2020. The Indian Government has made a jump from the conventional BS-IV to directly adopt BS-VI emission norms as the next level for regulatory framework in India. The International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) is a division of NATRiP implementation society (NATIS).
- On 4th July 2018, Minister of State (Independent Charge), Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Giriraj Singh distributed the Swachhata Awards 2018 of MSME Ministry at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra in ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.New Delhi
Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) celebrated Swachhata Pakhwada from 16th to 30th June 2018. Industrial Clusters, Industry Associations and field offices of National Small Industries Corporation Limited (NSIC), Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC), DC(MSME), Coir Board were honoured for their contribution to Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan. This is the second year the MSME Ministry has given Swachhata Awards and held a healthy competition among industrial clusters and estates and its field offices for Swachhata. During the Swachhata Pakhwada, MSME Ministry and its subordinate organisations like KVIC, NSIC, National Institute for MSME and MSME-Development Institutes performed activities like rain-water harvesting, construction of garbage pits for conversion to manure, adoption of toilets in government schools for maintenance.
- On 1st July 2018, who became the first serving Indian Army officer and the only General in the world to have completed ‘Ironman’ competition held in Austria?
1.Major General VD Dogra
2.Major General Amit Bhatia
3.Major General Tanmoy Singh
4. Major General Praful Bhattacharya
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Major General VD Dogra
The Ironman is an international triathlon comprising 3 consecutive events: 3.8 km of swimming, 180 km cycling and 42.2 km of running (a full marathon). It is considered the toughest one day sport event in the world. The competitors have to finish the events in sequence within 17 hours to win ‘Ironman’ title. Major General VD Dogra finished the event in 14 hours and 21 minutes. The Ironman Austria was held on 1st July in Klagenfurt. Over 3000 athletes took part in the event. Major General VD Dogra is posted as Director General Resettlement.
- Who was elected the President of Delhi & District Cricket Association (DDCA) on 2nd July 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rajat Sharma
Rajat Sharma won 54.40 % of the total votes recorded. The DDCA elections were conducted between June 27 and June 30, 2018. Rakesh Kumar Bansal was elected as the Vice President with 48.87% votes. Former sports committee head Vinod Tiharawith 1374 votes became secretary. Rajan Manchanda with 1402 votes was made the joint secretary. Treasurer post was won by Om Prakash Sharma. Coach Sanjay Bhardwaj was elected for the director’s post (first-class cricketer). Renu Khanna was named thewoman director.
- Name the person who has been appointed the Chancellor of the University of Hyderabad (UoH) by President Ram Nath Kovind?
1.Justice P K Naidu
2.Justice L Narasimha Reddy
3.Justice Alok Sharma
4.Justice Ranjit Bhargav
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Justice L Narasimha Reddy
Justice L Narasimha Reddy is the former Chief Justice of the Patna High Court. He retired as the Chief Justice of the Patna High Court in July 2015. He succeeds C Rangarajan. The president in his capacity as Visitor of the University appointed Justice L Narasimha Reddy as Chancellor of UoH for a term of 3 years. Justice L Narasimha Reddy is also the Chairman of the Central Administrative Tribunal. He was the Judge of the Andhra Pradesh High Court from 2001 to 2015.
- Wipro has promoted its head of digital business ____ as a president?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rajan Kohli
Rajan Kohli has joined 7 other presidents of Wipro now. He will report to chief executive Abidali Neemuchwala. He will continue as the global head of Wipro Digital. Wipro also promoted 4 other executives as senior vice presidents. Other presidents at Wipro include: Bhanumurthy B M, chief operating officer, Saurabh Govil, chief human resources officer, Anand Padmanabhan, head of strategic sales.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has announced that, the first ____ test was performed successfully on 5th July 2018 at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.pad abort
The Pad Abort Test showed safe recovery of the crew module in case of any exigency at the launch pad. The PAT (pad abort test) is the first in a series of tests to qualify a crew escape system technology of a manned mission in the future. The Crew Escape System is an emergency escape method to quickly pull the crew module, the astronaut cabin, along with astronauts to a safe distance from the launch vehicle in case of a launch abort. The teams also tried out at least 5 new secondary technologies associated with satellite communication, navigation and telemetry during the test.
- The National Board for Wildlife (NBWL) has approved to include how many species recently in the recovery programme for critically endangered species?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.4
The National Board for Wildlife (NBWL) has approved to include 4 species: Northern River Terrapin (riverine turtle), Red Panda, Clouded Leopard and Arabian Sea Humpback Whale in the recovery programme for critically endangered species. This will enable targeted conservation of these species whose population is reducing. They are under the critically endangered to vulnerable categories according to the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN). The species recovery programme of the Union Environment Ministry is executed under Integrated Development of Wildlife Habitats.
- Name the shot putter who was given a 4 year suspension by anti-doping disciplinary panel of NADA for testing positive for anabolic steroids in a dope test before the 2016 Rio Olympic Games?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Inderjeet Singh
Inderjeet Singh was one of the first athletes to qualify for the 2016 Rio Olympic Games. But he was provisionally suspended on 26th July 2016 after he tested positive for banned substances: androsterone and etiocholanolone. The panel said that he has violated article 2.1 of anti-doping code. However the panel said that, NADA (National Anti-Doping Agency) and NDTL (National Dope Testing Laboratory) did not follow well known and established procedures while collecting the sample.
- On 4th July 2018, Nagpur, the second capital of Maharashtra, hosted the Monsoon session of the state Legislature after a gap of how many years?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.47
This will be the fourth time that the monsoon session of the state Legislature, normally held in Mumbai, will take place in Nagpur, which has been hosting the winter session. Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis hosted a customary tea party for political parties on the eve of the session, which will conclude on 20th of this month.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- What is the tag line of Corporation Bank?A premier public sector bank
- Name the CEO and headquarters of Indian Bank?CEO – Kishor Kharat, Headquarters – Chennai
- Who is the CEO of Bank Of China headquartered in Beijing?Gao Yingxin
- Name the Chairperson of CBDT?Sushil Chandra
- Where is Duler Stadium located?Mapusa, Goa