AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 22 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- As per ‘Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (Amendment) Bill, 2017’, those teachers who do not possess the minimum qualification as on March 31, 2015 should acquire the same by:
1.June 30, 2019
2.March 31, 2019
3.January 1, 2019
4.March 31, 2018
5.January 1, 2018Answer – 2.March 31, 2019
On July 21, 2017, Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (Amendment) Bill, 2017, a bill amending the law on free and compulsory education to extend the deadline for teachers to acquire the prescribed minimum qualifications for appointment was passed in Lok Sabha.
- The Ministry of Rural Development will launch a new sub-scheme under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM)which will be named as:
1.Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana
2.Aajeevika Grameen Sahayta Yojana
3.Aajeevika Grameen Kalyan Yojana
4.Atal Grameen Express Yojana
5.Deen Dayal Grameen Express YojanaAnswer – 1.Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana
As mentioned by Minister of State for Rural Development, Ram Kripal Yadav the main objectives of Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana are to provide an alternative source of livelihoods to members of Self Help Groups (SHGs) under DAY-NRLM by facilitating them to operate public transport services in backward rural areas.
- Which country will host the fifth Global Conference on Cyber Space (GCCS) in November 2017?
5.IsraelAnswer – 3.India
India will host the fifth Global Conference on Cyber Space (GCCS) in November 2017 and plans to invite stalwarts of the Indian IT industry for it. One of the largest cyber security conferences in the world, GCSS will be held in New Delhi.
- The Centre has accepted a proposal to set up an Aerospace University in the country. The recommendation for the same was made by a high-powered Expert Group headed by:
1.B K Chaturvedi
2.L N Sanghvi
3.J P Madhok
4.B V Dholakia
5.L J SiddiquiAnswer – 1.B K Chaturvedi
The Centre has accepted a proposal to set up an Aerospace University in the country. A high-powered Expert Group headed by former Cabinet Secretary B.K. Chaturvedi has made the recommendation for the same.
- As per a report titled ‘Ending AIDS: Progress towards the 90-90-90 targets’by the Joint UN Programme on HIV/AIDS, UNAIDS, which country is among the 10 countries that accounted for more than 95% of all new HIV infections in the Asia and the Pacific region in 2016?
5.All of the aboveAnswer – 5.All of the above
As per a report titled ‘Ending AIDS: Progress towards the 90-90-90 targets’ by the Joint UN Programme on HIV/AIDS, UNAIDS The annual number of new HIV infections in Asia and the Pacific has declined from 310,000 in 2010 to 270,000 in 2016, marking a 13% drop. However, the report has identified India, China, Indonesia, Pakistan, Vietnam, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Thailand and Malaysia as top 10 countries which together accounted for more than 95% of all new HIV infections in the region in 2016.
- Which city has been selected by United Nations as the data hub for the Middle East North Africa and South Asia (MENASA) region?
5.Tunis, TunisiaAnswer – 3.Dubai, UAE
The UN has selected Dubai as the data hub for the Middle East North Africa and South Asia (MENASA) region for the city’s integrated initiatives to mine and manage its data.
- Which bank has launched “Met Loan & Life Suraksha” (MLLS) for its customers, which is a single premium plan covering the loan liability of a customer?
5.Syndicate BankAnswer – 2.Kanataka Bank
This new product will be available across all the 769 branches of the bank for its borrower clients. The bank also introduced ‘KBL MLLS’ app, which marks the celebration of 15 years of partnership with M/s PNB MetLife
- Which company has topped the latest edition of the Fortune Global 500 list, which ranks companies by their revenues in 2016?
5.Exxon MobilAnswer – 1.Walmart
197 Asian companies have featured in the latest edition of the Fortune Global 500 list, which ranks companies by their revenues in 2016. Total 7 Indian companies have featured in this list out of which four are from the public sector. Indian Oil, ranked at 168th is the only Indian company in the top 200.
- Who among the following will be the guest of honour at Toronto Film Festival fundraiser event on September 6, 2017?
5.Kareena KapoorAnswer – 2.Priyanka Chopra
Priyanka Chopra will be the guest of honour at the fundraiser event on September 6, 2017. The funds raised will help fund talent development programs at the Canadian festival to get more women behind and in front of the camera.
- Who among the following has been appointed as Secretary to President-elect Ram Nath Kovind?
5.Mrugesh PariharAnswer – 3.Sanjay Kothari
As per an order issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), Sanjay Kothari, Chairman of Public Enterprises Selection Board, has been appointed as Secretary to President-elect Ram Nath Kovind. Senior journalist Ashok Malik has been named as Press Secretary to Kovind.
- Who among the following has been appointed as the first female president of the UK Supreme Court?
5.Laura HawkingAnswer – 4.Brenda Hale
Lady Hale is a longstanding champion of diversity in the judiciary. Her appointment was announced on July 21, 2017, and she will take up the role on October 2, 2017, when she will be sworn in as president.
- Eurofins Scientific, the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing, is acquiring Advinus Therapeutics from which Indian Business Group?
3.Aditya Birla Group
5.Mahindra GroupAnswer – 2.Tata Group
The proposed Advinus buy will bring synergy to Eurofins, which recently raised 650 million euros through a bond issue, to fuel its growth plans. The transaction, expected to be concluded in the next few weeks, will complement the Luxembourg-headquartered Eurofins’ contract research, development and manufacturing capabilities.
- According to a study conducted by researchers from which University, castor seed plant can prove useful in fighting soil pollution?
2.University of Rajasthan
3.University of Hyderabad
4.University of Calicut
5.University of KotaAnswer – 3.University of Hyderabad
Castor seed plant is known to be one of the most sturdiest plants which has been observed growing in areas where the soil is highly polluted, including in areas where mining is carried out. Castor plants growing in these areas absorb toxic heavy metals from soil. Hence, Castor bean plants can be grown in such polluted lands and over a period of time the levels of heavy metals can be reduced in the soil.
- The Chennai Open tennis tournament, India’s only event in the ATP World Tour, will now be known as:
5.West Bengal OpenAnswer – 2.Maharashtra Open
India’s most celebrated tennis event, the ATP tournament which acquired heritage status as the ‘Chennai Open’, will now be held in Pune next year and would be henceforth called “Maharashtra Open”. IMG-Reliance, the right holders of the tournament along with Government of Maharashtra and Maharashtra State Lawn Tennis Association (MSLTA), made an announcement on July 20, 2017.
- Shivajirao Patil, who passed away on July 22, 2017, was:
1.Politician from Maharashtra
2.Historian from Maharashtra
3.Novel Writer from Maharashtra
4.Mathematician from Maharashtra
5.Painter from MaharashtraAnswer – 1.Politician from Maharashtra
Senior Congress leader and father of actress Smita Patil, Shivajirao Patil, passed away on July 22, 2017, after a brief illness. He was 92. Patil was a former MP and also a former member of the Maharashtra Legislature and the state cabinet.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.