AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 18 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which country will host G20 summit in year 2019?
5.TurkeyAnswer – 2.Japan
During the 2017 G20 Summit in Germany, it was declared that Japan will host the G20 summit for the first time in 2019. India was the main competitor against Japan for the right to host the G20 summit in 2019 but New Delhi finally decided to support Tokyo’s bid.
- ‘Requisitioning and Acquisition of Immovable Property (Amendment) Bill, 2017’, a bill providing for amendment to the regulations governing compensation amount payable at the time of acquisition of immovable property by the central government was introduced in the Lok Sabha on July 18, 2017. This bill is an amendment to the original act that came into force in:
5.1948Answer – 1.1952
‘Requisitioning and Acquisition of Immovable Property (Amendment) Bill, 2017’ was introduced in the Lok Sabha on July 18, 2017, by Minister of State for Planning, Programme Implementation and Statistics Rao Inderjit Singh.
- A bill providing for setting up of the Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy in ______________ was introduced in the Lok Sabha on July 18, 2017.
5.AssamAnswer – 4.Andhra Pradesh
‘The Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy Bill, 2017’ was introduced by minister of state for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan. The institute would be established in Visakhapatnam district in pursuance of the central government’s commitment for setting up a petroleum university under the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014
- On July 18, 2017, the Supreme Court has allowed the Centre to replace the oversight committee set up to supervise the functioning of the Medical Coucil of India (MCI) with a fresh panel of how many eminent doctors?
1.8 eminent doctors
2.7 eminent doctors
3.6 eminent doctors
4.5 eminent doctors
5.4 eminent doctorsAnswer – 4.5 eminent doctors
A five-judge Constitution bench, headed by Chief Justice J S Khehar, said the Centre had proposed the names of five eminent doctors to replace the oversight committee whose term had just expired. Supreme Court also gave the Centre liberty to replace any doctor in the list with another if he does not wish to be a part of the oversight committee
- Which among the following city will host Horasis Asia Meeting, a global business meet in November 2017?
5.AjmerAnswer – 1.Kolkata
The Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC), in association with the West Bengal government, will host Horasis Asia Meeting, a global business meet, in Kolkata in November 2017. The two-day business meet, starting November 26, will focus on sustainable business practices in various areas, including power and energy.
- According to the International Migration Outlook 2017 report,Indians are among top asylum-seekersin other countries such as New Zealand, Australia, Finland, Japan, Latvia, Slovak Republic, United Kingdom and the United States of America. International Migration Outlook is published by which entity?
1.International Labour Organisation
2.Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
4.World Trade Organisation
5.European UnionAnswer – 2.Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
According to the International Migration Outlook 2017 report, Indians have sought asylum in more than 40 countries. Most of the Indian asylum seekers are students who apply for asylum in order to overstay their visa and people seeking low skill jobs.
- On July 18, 2017, which public sector bank launched a one stop integrated website for home buyers?
1.Bank of Baroda
2.Punjab National Bank
5.State Bank of IndiaAnswer – 5.State Bank of India
SBI has launched ‘SBI Realty’ www.sbirealty.in – a one stop integrated website for home buyers, who now mostly seek operational ease over anything else. The lender is expected to expand its home loan credit through such move.
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), a Navratna Schedule ‘A’ Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the financial year 2017-18 with the Defence Ministry. Headquarters of BEL is located in:
5.VisakhapatnamAnswer – 1.Bengaluru
The annual MoU was signed between Secretary (Defence Production) Shri Ashok Kumar Gupta on behalf of the Ministry of Defence and Chairman and Managing Director, BEL Shri MV Gowtama. The revenue from operations has been targeted at Rs. 9000 crore.
- Who among the following has been elected to a panel in the UK Parliament that examines the workings of the Home Office?
1.Preet Kaur Gill
5.Barinder KhalsaAnswer – 1.Preet Kaur Gill
Britain’s first woman Sikh MP Preet Kaur Gill has been elected to an influential cross-party panel in the UK Parliament that examines the workings of the Home Office. Gill, who won the Edgbaston seat for the Labour party in the June 8 snap general election, was elected to the Home Affairs Select Committee in the UK Parliament.
- Who among the following has been given the additional charge of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting after M Venkaiah Naidu resigned to contest the vice-presidential election?
5.Smriti IraniAnswer – 5.Smriti Irani
With Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu resigning from Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Cabinet, Smriti Irani was given additional charge of the Information & Broadcast Ministry and Narendra Tomar was made the Minister for Urban Development.
- Which two countries have jointly test-fired a hypersonic missile capable of moving at a speed eight times faster than sound as part of a $54-million research project?
1.US & UK
2.US & Australia
3.Russia & Japan
4.China & South Korea
5.Japan & AustraliaAnswer – 2.US & Australia
The test was part of a project called the Hypersonic International Flight Research Experimentation Program (HIFiRE) involving the US and Australian militaries, Queensland University, Australia’s Defence Science and Technology Group and private companies, including Boeing and BAE Systems. The hypersonic missile is capable of travelling at Mach 8 – eight times faster than the speed of sound, from between 3,836mph (6,200kmh) to almost 8,000mph (13,000kmh).
- On July 17, 2017, Ministry of Science and Technology launched ____________, a low-cost indigenous screening device to detect congenital hearing lossin newborns.
1.Sohum Hearing Screening device
2.Suvidha Hearing Screening device
3.Saral Hearing Screening device
4.Shukan Hearing Screening device
5.Satyam Hearing Screening deviceAnswer – 1.Sohum Hearing Screening device
The device was formally launched in New Delhi by the Minister of State for Science and Technology YS Chowdary. It has been developed by the School of International Biodesign (SIB) start-up Sohum Innovation Labs India Pvt. Ltd.
- Who has become the new president of Ramakrisahna Math and Mission?
5.Swami SiddhrajAnswer – 1.Swami Smarananandaji
Swami Smarananandaji was earlier one of the vice-presidents. He had served in many centres of the Order and was the general secretary before he took over as the vice-president. He will succeed Swami Atmasthanandaji who had died in June 2017.
- Scientists from which country have developed a 3D-printed soft silicone heart that closely resembles and functions like the human heart?
Scientists from Switzerland have developed a 3D-printed soft silicone heart that closely resembles and functions like the human heart, and could help save lives of people who suffer from cardiac failure.
- World football’s governing body FIFA has lifted the ban on the Football Association of which African country?
5.LiberiaAnswer – 3.Sudan
Lifting of the ban means that Sudan will be able to continue their campaign in the 2019 African Nations Cup qualifiers. The ban was imposed on the Sudan Football Association (SFA) for its failure to comply with its obligations stipulated in articles 14 and 19 of the FIFA Statutes
- ‘Nelson Mandela Day’ is celebrated on which date every year?
5.21st JulyAnswer – 2.18th July
Nelson Mandela International Day (or Mandela Day) is an annual international day in honour of Nelson Mandela, celebrated each year on 18 July, Nelson Mandela’s birthday. The day was officially declared by the United Nations in November 2009, with the first UN Mandela Day held on July 18, 2010.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.