AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 14 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On July 14, 2017, Indian Railways launched its first 1,600 HP solar powered Diesel Electric Multiple Unit (DEMU) trainfrom:
1.Mumbai Central Railway Station
2.Safdarjung Railway Station, New Delhi
3.Ahmedabad Railway Station, Gujarat
4.Howrah Railway Station, Kolkata
5.Varanasi Railway Station, Uttar Pradesh
Answer – 2.Safdarjung station, New Delhi
The first DEMU Train with prototype solar based hotel load system has been manufactured by Integral Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai & fitted with solar panels by Indian Railway Organisation for Alternate Fuels (IROAF). The train has a life span of 25 years and has a capacity of 89 people per coach.
- Two-day national conference on crowd management concluded on July 12, 2017 at:
Answer – 1.Thiruvananthapuram
The conference was organised by the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) and Kerala State Disaster Management Authority (KSDMA). It set up the stage for adoption of best practices and use of technology to reduce risks at mass gathering events across the country.
- The Uttar Pradesh government has signed a MoU with the Centre for setting up of an All India Institutes of Medical Sciences(AIIMS) hospital in:
Answer – 3.Gorakhpur
The hospital will have 750 free beds and the project is set to cost Rs 1,750 crore. The foundation of the AIIMS at Gorakhpur was laid by Prime Minister Narendra Modi last year.
- The Union Governmenthas set up a new wing, ___________ to provide intelligence inputs
1.Directorate General of Information and Risk Management
2.Directorate General of Analytics and Information Management
3.Directorate General of Intelligence and Risk Management
4.Directorate General of Intelligence and Information Management
5.Directorate General of Analytics and Risk Management
Answer – 5.Directorate General of Analytics and Risk Management
Directorate General of Analytics and Risk Management (DGRAM) has been setup under the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC). The data analytics and processing by DGRAM will provide the CBEC with the national and sub-national perspective for policy formulation.
- Which among the following will be the first state police to get ‘super cop’ belts which are widely used by their counterparts in the UK, USA, and Russia?
Answer – 1.Delhi Police
The belt will help the cops carry wireless sets, pistols, and cartridges easily. Currently, a cop has to carry all his equipment separately, which becomes a liability while handling sensitive situations.
- India has ranked ________ out of 157 nations on a global index that assesses the performance of countries towards achieving the ambitious sustainable development goals (SDGs).
Answer – 2.116th
India is ranked 116th on the index with a score of 58.1, behind countries such as Nepal, Iran, Sri Lanka, Bhutan and China. Pakistan is ranked 122. Sweden leads the list, followed by Denmark and Finland. The United States ranks 42nd on the Index, while Russia and China rank 62nd and 71st respectively.
- On July 14, 2017, European Union (EU) and India announced the establishment of an IFM for EU Investments in India. Abbreviation IFM stands for:
1.Investment Funding Mechanism
2.Internal Facilitation Mechanism
3.International Facilitation Mechanism
4.Investment Facilitation Mechanism
5.International Funding Mechanism
Answer – 3.Investment Facilitation Mechanism
The mechanism will allow for a close coordination between the European Union and the Government of India with an aim to promote and facilitate EU investment in India. As part of the IFM, the EU Delegation to India and the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, agreed to hold regular high level meetings to assess and facilitate “ease of doing business” for EU investors in India.
- Ray Phiri, who passed away on July 12, 2017, was:
1.Human Rights Activist from South Africa
2.South African Cricketer
3.Jazz Musician from South Africa
4.South African Diplomat
5.Former Prime Minister of South Africa
Answer – 3.Jazz Musician from South Africa
Phiri was a vocalist and guitarist known for his versatility in jazz fusion. He received many music awards in his home country South Africa. Phiri became internationally known while performing on Paul Simon’s groundbreaking “Graceland” tour. Phiri contributed as a guitarist to Simon’s “Graceland” album in the 1980s
- According to a report titled ‘Measuring Global Migration Potential 2010-2015’by International Organisation for Migration (UN Migration Agency), after Nigeria, which country has the second highest number of adults planning to migrate to other countries?
Answer – 4.India
According to a report titled ‘Measuring Global Migration Potential 2010-2015’ by International Organisation for Migration (UN Migration Agency), India has the second highest number of adults planning to migrate to other countries with the US and the UK among the most favoured destinations.
- How much additional amount has been contributed by India to a UN partnership fund launched to support sustainable development projects across the developing world?
1.USD 1 million
2.USD 2 million
3.USD 3 million
4.USD 4 million
5.USD 5 million
Answer – 1.USD 1 million
The India-UN Development Partnership Fund was set up last month as a partnership between India and the United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC).
India had made an initial contribution of a million dollars when the fund was created.
- Beginning this year ‘Non-resident Indians’ will have to share the numbers of their overseas bank accounts, name of the banks, countries where the bank offices are located as well as the Swift codes and IBAN with Indian tax authorities. Abbreviation IBAN stands for:
1.International Bank Account Number
2.Inland Bank Account Number
3.International Bank Authorisation Number
4.Inland Bank Authority Number
5.International Bank Authority Number
Answer – 1.International Bank Account Numbers
Swift codes help in identifying banks and are used for cross-border wire transfer of funds between banks while IBAN is an extra number – over and above the usual bank account numbers – that come handy for making or receiving international payments.
- Which auto company has opened a new research and development (R&D) centre in China, the largest outside of Germany?
Answer – 4.BMW
The new R&D centre, covering an area of over 40,000 sq. metres, is located in Shenyang, capital of Liaoning province. It is an extension of the original one built in 2012, and is five times larger than the first-stage project.
- Who among the following has been chosen as the fourth President of Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore?
1.Prof. Aman Sardesai
2.Prof. Subra Suresh
3.Prof. Victor Fernandes
4.Prof. Jagmohan Bansal
5.Prof. Ankush Sen
Answer – 2.Prof. Subra Suresh
Prof. Subra Suresh will begin his presidency on January 1, 2018, when the current president, Prof. Andersson retires. In its QS World University Rankings this year, the Quacquarelli Symonds group placed NTU 11th in the world and the best in Asia.
- A group of Indian astronomers have discovered a massive supercluster of galaxies, and have named it:
Answer – 3.Saraswati
A group of Indian astronomers have discovered a massive supercluster of galaxies, and have named it Saraswati. The supercluster is about 4 billion light years away and is spread over 600 million light years across. This makes it one of the largest superclusters to be discovered and also the furthest.
- Liu Xiaobo, who passed away on July 13, 2017, had won Nobel Prize for:
Answer – 5.Peace
Liu received Nobel Peace Prize in 2010. He is also known for his role in the 1989 Tiananmen Square protests in Beijing. He was sentenced to 11 years in prison in December 2009 for “subversion”.
- Who is the author of the book “President’s Lady” (Pranaber Preyosi)?
Answer – 3.Sangeeta Ghosh
The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee received the first copy of the book “President’s Lady” (Pranaber Preyosi) on his wife Late Smt. Suvra Mukherjee on July 13, 2017 from Vice President of India, Mohd. Hamid Ansari who formally released it at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan. Ms. Sangeeta Ghosh is the author of this book.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.