AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 11 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On July 10, 2018, the Gujarat government gave approval for additional _____ to develop infrastructure for the state’s “Seema Darshan” or border tourism project at Nadabet near Suigam in Banaskantha district?
1.Rs 39 crore
2.Rs 45 crore
3.Rs 50 crore
4.Rs 25 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs 39 crore
Following the approval, a proposal will be sent to Union ministries of Home and Tourism for financial assistance. The border tourism project is being developed on the pattern of Wagah Border. It entails development of an exhibition hall and a parade ground with an amphi theatre for 5,000 people. The development will be done under phase-2 of the project.
- On July 11, 2018, the first-ever metal craft exhibition was held in Chilling village of _____?
4.Leh, Jammu and Kashmir
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Leh, Jammu and Kashmir
It was organised by the Youth Association for Conservation and Development Hemis High Altitude National Park, in collaboration with Heritage Home Chilling, showcasing the indigenous craft to the visitors. The exhibition of this 400-year-old craft will remain open for the next two months. Chilling is known for its metal craftwork, which began decades ago and it is considered to be its identity. This event would encourage and involve young generations in the village to continue this craft.
- On July 11, 2018, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, released the final rankings of States in Ease of Doing Business in New Delhi. Which state topped the rankings of States in Ease of Doing Business?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Andhra Pradesh
DIPP, Ministry of Commerce and Industry in collaboration with the World Bank conducted an annual reform exercise for all States and UTs under the Business Reform Action Plan (BRAP). The aim of this exercise is to improve delivery of various Central Government regulatory functions and services in an efficient, effective and transparent manner. Under the BRAP 2017 is based on a combined score consisting of Reform evidence score that is based on evidences uploaded by the States and UTs and Feedback score that is based on the feedback from the users. The feedback was collected through 50000 face-to-face interviews. 78 reforms out of 372 were identified for the survey. More than 5,000 private sector users in 23 States and UTs, including 4,300 businesses and 800 architects, lawyers and electrical contractors from across the country shared their experience.
- On July 11, 2018, the Directorate General Factory Advice Service & Labour Institutes (DGFASLI) and _____ Maritime Board (GMB) have signed a MoU to bring changes in working of ship recycling industry and to improve safety and health of the workers and supervisors in Alang?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Gujarat
The MOU was signed between Dr. Avneesh Singh, Director General, DG FASLI and Vice Chairman, Shri Ajay Bhandoo from GMB. The MOU will augment the activities in the field of OSH, especially in training of workers and supervisors of Ship Recycling Yards in Alang, Gujarat. It will also help in improving the working conditions and quality of work life of workers, thereby improving the image of industry world-over. This will also contribute in prevention of occupational injuries and diseases.
- Union Minister of State (MoS) for Human Resource Development of India, Upendra Kushwaha was on an Official Visit to the Republic of Marshall Islands (RMI) from 10-11 July 2018. He met with the President of Republic of Marshall Islands (RMI) ____?
1.Dr. Hilda Heine
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Dr. Hilda Heine
Meeting was held between MoS and H.E. Dr. Hilda Heine, President of the RMI and Minister of Foreign Affairs, John M. Silk and several Cabinet members of the RMI. Discussions on bilateral relations and commitment on areas such as blue economy, adaptation-mitigation practices for climate change, disaster preparedness, health, education, renewable energy among others. RMI showed interest and discussed in the fields of education, healthcare and wellness, acknowledging the importance of yoga. RMI also shared its interest to join the International Solar Alliance (ISA) at the earliest.
- On July 9, 2018, The 15 member UN Security Council adopted Resolution ____ aimed at formulating a framework for protection, rights, well-being and empowerment of children throughout the conflict cycle at the UN Headquarters in New York City?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.2427
The adoption of the resolution preceded a high-level open debate on children and armed conflict, which was chaired by Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven, whose country holds the presidency of the Security Council for July. It opposes the recruitment and use and exploitation of children by parties to armed conflict. It also condemns attacks against schools and hospitals and the denial of humanitarian access by parties to armed conflict and all other violations of international law committed against children in situations of armed conflict.
- On July 11, 2018, Nepali Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli inaugurated a library built by the Indian Government in the presence of Indian Ambassador Manjeev Singh Puri. How much financial assistance did India offer for construction of the building?
1.NRs. 56.89 million
2.NRs. 43.94 million
3.NRs. 25.50 million
4.NRs. 75.44 million
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.NRs. 43.94 million
This would provide research and reference facilities to the researchers and academicians of India and Nepal. It has a facility of an advanced offset press for printing of books. Nepal received financial assistance of NRs. 43.94 million from India for construction of the building. The Nepal Academy with the Indian Government has planned to develop the library as a digital library.
- On July 11, 2018, US President Donald Trump’s administration announced a package of ____% tariffs targeting Chinese exports worth USD 200 billion?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.10
This is in the backdrop of Trump administration urging China to stop its unfair practices and open its market which China refused to do. Earlier in March, the US imposed massive trade tariffs amounting to USD 60 billion on China, in an effort to stop the latter from stealing “intellectual property” from American companies. In retaliation, China imposed trade tariffs on the US amounting to USD 3 billion in April.
- On July 11, 2018, India secured what position among the world’s largest economy overtaking France, according to World Bank data on gross domestic product (GDP) of countries for 2017?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.sixth
India has recorded a GDP of USD 2,597,491 million, followed by USD 2,582,501 of France, while United Kingdom recorded a GDP of USD 2,622,434 million. India has recovered from the effects of demonetisation and the Goods and Services Tax (GST). World Bank has predicted the GDP of India in FY2019 to be 7.3%.The International Monetary Fund (IMF) also stated that it expected India to re-emerge as one of the fastest growing major economies in the 2018 – 2019 period, projecting the country’s growth rate at 7.4 percent in 2018.
- On July 11, 2018, HDFC securities announced launch of Mutual Funds transactional capabilities on Facebook Messenger through their virtual assistant, ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Arya
Through conversational style of investing, customers will invest in a language they understand and not get caught up in stock market jargons. It is a familiar platform for investing that gives a time independent and an all-inclusive (portfolio status, research, stock quotes) window.
- On 11th July 2018, BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) launched India’s first Internet telephony service. What is the name of the service?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Wings
Wings was launched by Minister of state (Independent charge) for Communications Manoj Sinha. Now, customers can use their BSNL landline on their mobile phone with Internet Telephony. Using this service customers can make and receive calls over the Internet from anywhere in India or abroad. This service will use a Mobile Numbering Scheme. It will require an SIP Client (soft app) to be downloaded and installed on a smart device (laptop, smartphone, tablet). Internet telephony is a kind of communications technology that allows voice calls and other telephony services like fax, SMS and other voice-messaging applications to be transmitted through the Internet.
- On July 11, 2018, according to a ‘Twiplomacy’ study on ‘world leaders on social media’ conducted by communications firm Burson Cohn & Wolfe (BCW), Prime Minister Narendra Modi is the ____ most followed world leader on Twitter with 42 million followers on his personal account @NarendraModi?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.3rd
As of May 18, 2018, Modi is just behind US President Donald Trump and Pope Francis. With 52 million interactions over the past 12 months, Narendra Modi stands to be the second most influential leader in the world after US President Donal Trump. Prime Minister @NarendraModi has featured on more than 20,000 Twitter lists, way behind President Trump, Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, and three others. The official account of the Prime Minister @PMOIndia boasts of the fourth largest following with 26 million followers.
- On July 11, 2018, The BJP Tripura state committee proposed the government to appoint gold medal winner in the FIG World Challenge Cup in Mersin, Turkey, ____, as brand ambassador of the state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Dipa Karmakar
On July 11, 2018, The BJP Tripura state committee proposed the government to appoint gold medal winner in the prestigious FIG World Challenge Cup in Mersin in Turkey Dipa Karmakar, as brand ambassador of the state. 24 year old Dipa had created history becoming the first Indian to finish fourth in gymnastics at the Olympics. She is also the first from her country to win a gold medal in an international gymnastics event.
- On July 11, 2018, who was appointed the next Ambassador of India to the Democratic Republic of Congo?
1.Nina Tshering La
4.Amit Kumar Jain
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Nina Tshering La
On July 11, 2018, Ms. Nina Tshering La has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Democratic Republic of Congo. Ms. Nina Tshering La, presently Deputy Chief of Mission, Hanoi has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Democratic Republic of Congo. She is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
- On July 11, 2018, Punjab National Bank (PNB) and which entity initiated the process of selling at least 51 per cent stake in the mortgage lender PNB Housing Finance?
1.Aditya Birla Group
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Carlyle Group
PNB Housing Finance, a subsidiary of PNB, claims to be the fifth largest housing finance company with the asset under management of Rs 62,252 crore as on March 31, 2018. PNB owns 32.79 per cent stake and Carlyle Group, through its investment vehicle Quality Investment Holdings Quality Investment Holdings, owns 32.36 per cent of the paid up equity share capital of PNB Housing Finance. The company had registered a rise of 58 per cent in its net profit at Rs 829.41 crore in fiscal ended March 2018. Total income during the year stood at Rs 5,516.96 crore. PNB Housing had disbursed Rs 33,195 crore loans during 2017-18, an increase of 61 per cent over the preceding fiscal year. Its asset under management stood at Rs 62,252 crore as on March 31, 2018.
- Drug firm Aurobindo Pharma has received final approval from the US Food & Drug Administration (USFDA) to manufacture and market _____ tablets that is used for the treatment of patients with mild to moderate infections in the US market?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Azithromycin
The approval has been given for the strengths of 250 mg and 500 mg. The product will be launched in July 2018. The approved product is generic equivalent of Pfizer Inc’s Zithromax tablet. The approved product has an estimated market size of USD 132 million for the 12 months ending May 2018.
- On July 10 2018, India bagged three silver medals and a bronze to finish joint _____ with Iran in the Asia Cup World Ranking Tournament Stage 3 in Taipei?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.3rd
On July 10 2018, India bagged three silver medals and a bronze to finish joint third with Iran in the Asia Cup World Ranking Tournament Stage 3 in Taipei. Korea topped the tally with 14 medals, 8 of them being gold. Taipei bagged 5 medals with two gold medals. It will be concluded in two days to avoid the incoming super typhoon Maria.
- What was the theme of World Population Day that was celebrated on 11th July 2018?
1.Family Planning is the need of the hour
2.Family Planning is a Human right
3.Family Planning and Sustainable Goals
4.The right to family planning
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Family Planning is a Human right
It aims to spread awareness on issues such as overpopulation, under-population and birth control. UNFPA website called for government to “fulfill their commitments to ensure universal access to sexual and reproductive health care” and published the message as agreed at the 1994 international conference on population to celebrate the World Population Day.
- Which state government has decided to promote mechanised farming to encourage farmers to take up paddy cultivation on fallow land, as per which, National Bureau of Soil Survey and Land Use Planning (NBSS&LUP) at Nagpur has identified 13,408 hectares of fallow land in the state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Goa
The Goa government has decided to promote mechanised farming to encourage farmers to take up paddy cultivation on fallow land, an official has said. The National Bureau of Soil Survey and Land Use Planning (NBSS&LUP) at Nagpur has identified 13,408 hectares of fallow land in Goa, mostly in Tiswadi and Bardez talukas of North Goa district.
- Name the reigning World’s Ugliest Dog title winner that passed away in the United States on 10th July 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Zsa Zsa
On 10th July 2018, Zsa Zsa, the reigning World’s Ugliest Dog winner, passed away in her sleep, in the United States. Zsa Zsa was an English Bull Dog. She was 9 years old. She won the “World’s Ugliest Dog” title last month in the United States. Megan Brainard was Zsa Zsa’s owner. A prize money of $1,500 was awarded for winning the “World’s Ugliest Dog” title.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the MD and CEO of Punjab National Bank?Sunil Mehta
- Who is the Chairman & Managing Director of BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited)?Anupam Shrivastava
- Name the CEO and headquarters of HDFC Securites?CEO – Dhiraj Relli, Headquarters – Mumbai
- Where is Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary located?Jharkhand
- Where is Macchial Lake located?Himachal Pradesh