AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs July 1 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 30, 2018, At the 42nd session of the World Heritage Committee of UNESCO at Manama in Bahrain , India’s nomination of the “Victorian and Art Deco Ensembles of _____” was inscribed on UNESCO’s World Heritage list?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Mumbai
India has managed to get inscribed seven of its properties/sites on the World Heritage List of UNESCO. India now has overall 37 World Heritage Inscriptions with 29 Cultural, 07 Natural and 01 Mixed sites. In addition, 42 sites from the country figures in the Tentative List of World Heritage and the Ministry of Culture would be recommending one property every year for nomination to UNESCO. India stands second largest in number after China in terms of number of World Heritage properties in ASPAC (Asia and Pacific) region, it is overall sixth in the world.
- On June 29, 2018, where was the fourth National Consultation Meeting of Ministers of States & UTs, in-charge of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs held?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.New Delhi
Discussion on measures required to maintain and manage prices of essential food items at reasonable level through appropriate policy intervention. Improving the spread, coverage and strength of price reporting centres, which report the prices of 22 essential food items daily for robust submission of data. The need for setting up of State Level PSF for addressing the state-specific concerns. Price Stabilisation Fund (PSF) as an instrument to tackle inflationary trends in important agri-horticultural commodities.
- Where was “AgriVikas 2018”, a conclave on agriculture and allied sectors held on 29th June 2018?
4.Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Bhubaneswar, Odisha
22,000 rural haats will be upgraded to Gramin Agricultural Markets and linked with the e-National Agriculture Market to enable farmers sale directly to potential buyers. 585 e-mandis were already connected to the e-NAM under agricultural market reforms. This would helpin direct contact with the buyers for the farmers and is also committed to realizing centre’s scheme of doubling farmers income by 2022.
- On 29th June 2018, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao laid foundation stone for _____ in Jogulamba Gadwal district, Telangana?
1.Gattu irrigation project
2.Godavari irrigation project
3.Marua irrigation project
4.Mauli irrigation project
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Gattu irrigation project
The Gattu irrigation project will provide water to 33,000 acres in 4 mandals of Jogulamba Gadwal district. Nearly 2.8 tmc of water will be supplied to 41 tanks. K Chandrasekhar Rao said that, the government will spend Rs 554 crore for the project.
- On 29th June 2018, which state government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System (RIMES) for effective management of disasters?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Odisha
The Odisha State Disaster Management Authority (OSDMA) signed an MoU with RIMES for improving early warning system for effective management of all types of disasters in Odisha. This agreement will lead to development and pilot implementation of decision support systems for automating risk assessment, advisory generation and dissemination. This will enable OSDMA to assess and manage risks from flood, tsunami, drought, heat wave, lightning and road accidents. These tools will be built with open-source software platforms and public domain data sets, with complete involvement of OSDMA and its line departments and collaborating agencies.
- On June 29,2018, The Central Reserve Police Force launched ‘_____ Helpline’, a distress helpline for the people of Jammu and Kashmir?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Madadgaar
The helpline number is : 14411. It is a 24 hour helpline giving assistance ranging from medical help to financial help. This is the first one of a kind helpline and mainly focuses to serve and protect children and women of the region from any harassment or assault being faced by them. This is also available to pilgrims and tourists visiting Jammu and Kashmir and students residing in the region.
- On June 30,2018, The Minister of State (I/C) for Tourism Shri. K.J. Alphons inaugurated the Institute of Hospitality Management in _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Jodhpur
On June 30,2018, The Minister of State (I/C) for Tourism Shri. K.J. Alphons inaugurated the Institute of Hospitality Management in Jodhpur . India is among the fastest growing Tourism economy in the world. In 2017, the Indian tourism receipts went up by 20.8% against a global growth rate of 7%.It is expected that in three years India will be able to double the revenue from foreign tourists.
- Which National Park has become the largest habitat of the endangered estuarine crocodiles in India with a record number of 101 nesting sites?
1.Bhitarkanika national park
2.Simplipal National Park
3.Gulf of Kutch National Park
4.Sulthanpur National Park
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Bhitarkanika national park
A total of 101 nesting sites of estuarine crocodiles were found by enumerators. In 2017, 80 nesting sites were spotted. A 25 % increase in nesting sites has been witnessed. A female crocodile lays 50 to 60 eggs. At least 1698 crocodiles, including albino species, were counted in 2018 along the water-bodies of Mahanadi delta region. In 2017, this count was 1682. Estuarine crocodiles are also spotted in Sundarban areas of West Bengal. This region has India’s largest mangrove cover.
- Which Indian airport has been ranked as the fifth least punctual airport in the world, as per a study conducted by OAG, a global leader in providing flight information?
1.Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai
2.Indra Gandhi International Airport, Delhi
3.Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru
4.Mangalore International Airport, Mangalore
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai
Indira Gandhi International airport in Delhi, the 16th busiest airport in the world, has secured 451st position among the 513 airports worldwide, in flight punctuality. No major Indian airport appeared in the top 200 in ‘on-time performance’ (OTP). But, Port Blair airport in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands got the worldwide rank of 65, with punctuality rate of 84.6 %.OTP for Delhi was 70.7 %. Nagoya Komaki Airport in Japan has topped the global ranking list with OTP rate of 94.5 %.OTP for Mumbai was 60 %. Hyderabad airport was ranked 246, Bengaluru airport – 262 and Kolkata – 270.
- On June 30,2018, which stock exchange entered into an agreement with the Bombay Metal Exchange (BME) for the growth and systematic development of commodity derivatives markets?
1.National Stock Exchange (NSE)
2.Kolkata Stock Exchange (KSE)
3.Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
4.Indian Stock Exchange (ISE)
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
With its domain knowledge and unique stakeholders ranging from importers, traders to corporates, the BME will assist the BSE in designing new and innovative deliverable products in commodities like aluminium, copper, zinc, nickel and lead among others. The BSE can take advantage of the expertise of the stock exchange’s educational programmes to enter the commodities markets. The agreement will also help in launching new and innovative products, adding more value to the existing commodities value chain and ecosystem with the objective of developing and strengthening commodity derivatives market.
- On June 30,2018, which Indian company agreed to a 50-50 joint venture with Germany’s Thyssenkrupp to create Europe’s second-largest steel company after Lakshmi Mittal’s ArcelorMittal?
2.Reliance Industries Limited
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Tata Steel
The new steel company will have a total workforce of 48,000 employees spread across 34 sites, producing about 21 million tonnes of steel a year with revenues of around Euro 15 billion. The joint venture will create a strong pan-European steel company that is structurally robust and competitive. In case of an initial public offering (IPO) of the JV, Thyssenkrupp will receive a higher share of the proceeds, reflecting an economic ratio of 55/45. Thyssenkrupp said it also has the right to exclusively decide on the timing for a potential IPO.
- On 29th June 2018, Imran Khwaja, Mahinda Vallipuram and ____ were elected as the associate member directors on the International Cricket Council (ICC) board at the ICC annual conference?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Tony Brian
Imran Khwaja hails from Singapore. Mahinda Vallipuram is from Malaysia. They both have retained their position as associate member directors. Tony Brian from Scotland has been appointed the new associate member director. He succeeds Namibia’s Francois Erasmus. The newly-elected directors will be on the ICC board for a term of 2 years. They were elected by the voting associate members of ICC and the regional representatives.
- Name the Indian American who has been appointed the CEO of Democratic National Committee (DNC) of United States?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Seema Nanda
Democratic National Committee (DNC) is the decision-making body of the Democratic Party in the United States. Seema Nanda has become the first Indian American to be appointed as operational head of a major American political party. She is at present the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, United States. As CEO of DNC, she will manage its day-to-day operations. The DNC coordinates strategy to support Democratic Party’s candidates for local, state and national office.
- Who has become the first Sikh man to be hired as an anchor by a news channel in Pakistan?
3.Ravi Kumar Bhagat
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Harmeet Singh
Harmeet Singh is a resident of Chakesar city, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. He has joined the Public News channel. Recently, Manmeet Kaur had become the first female Sikh reporter of Pakistan. Harmeet Singh completed his masters in journalism from Federal Urdu University, Karachi. He started his carrier as a reporter.
- Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) MD and CEO _____ and executive director R K Gupta have been divested of all their functional responsibilities with immediate effect?
1.Mahesh Kumar Jain
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Ravindra Marathe
This decision was taken in an emergency board meeting held on 29th June 2018. This decision has been taken following their arrests made by the economic offences wing of the Pune police for allegedly violating RBI norms in granting a loan to a real estate developer. They are currently on bail. Another Executive Director A.C. Rout has been given the responsibilities of MD and CEO of Bank of Maharashtra. MD and CEO Ravindra Marathe, executive director R K Gupta and other top officials of BoM were arrested in connection with a cheating case filed against D S Kulkarni and his wife Hemanti. In May 2018, Pune police had filed a 37,000-page charge sheet against D S Kulkarni and Hemanti. As per the charge sheet, the total scam is worth Rs 2,043.18 crore.
- On 30th June 2018, who was appointed the Director and General Manager of United India Insurance Company with effect from 1st July 2018?
1.K B Vijay Srinivas
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.K B Vijay Srinivas
Before this, K B Vijay Srinivas was serving as Chief Marketing Officer and General Manager of National Insurance Company Ltd. K B Vijay Srinivas has over 37 years of experience. He has also written articles in journals of insurance, tax and other subjects. He has received various awards. He is also an associate member of Insurance Institute of India.
- Where was the 58th National Inter-State Senior Athletics Championships (NISSAC) held from June 26 to June 29, 2018?
2.Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
3.Chennai, Tamil Nadu
4.Thiruvananthapuram, Tamil Nadu
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Guwahati, Assam
The 58th National Inter-State Senior Athletics Championships (NISSAC) was held at the Sarusajai Sports Complex in Guwahati, Assam from June 26 to June 29. It had 52 events for men and women.
- Who broke her 100m national record to become the fastest woman of the meet, in the 58th National Inter-State Senior Athletics Championships (NISSAC)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Dutee Chand
Dutee Chand broke her 100m national record to become the fastest woman of the meet. Dutee qualified in 100m and 200m in Asian Games. The 22-year-old Dutee Chand, representing Odisha, ran 11.29 second in the semifinal race from her national record of 11.30 and later clinched the gold in 11.32 in the final to establish herself as a gold medal contender in the upcoming Asian Games. The qualifying time in the event is 11.67 seconds.
- What was the theme of National Doctors’ Day that was celebrated on July 1, 2018?
1.zero tolerance against false medical practioners
2.zero tolerance to violence against doctors and clinical establishment
3.zero tolerance against unprofessional medical practioners
4.Equal facilities for all people seeking medical help
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.zero tolerance to violence against doctors and clinical establishment
In 1991, the Indian government declared July 1 as National Doctors day. This day marks the birth and death anniversary of the most famous physician of India Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy (Dr. B C Roy). Dr. B C Roy was born on 1st July 1882. He had received the Bharat Ratna Award in 1961. He was the second Chief Minister of West Bengal. Dr. B C Roy had played a major role in the formation of Indian Medical Association in 1928 and also in the formation of Medical Council of India (MCI).
- When was International Joke Day celebrated all over the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.July 1
International Joke Day is celebrated every year on 1st July. International Joke Day is said to have officially started in the United States. The first joke is often attributed to the Greeks.
- When did Indian Government celebrate the 1st Anniversary of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) as GST day?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.July 1
GST was launched on the 1st July 2017 at a grand ceremony in the Central Hall of Parliament. Union Minister for Railways, Coal, Finance & Corporate Affairs Piyush Goyal presided over as the Chief Guest of the event. Minister of State for Finance, Shiv Pratap Shukla was the Guest of Honour. The Constitution (122nd Amendment) Bill, 2014 was introduced in the Parliament on 19th December 2014. It was enacted as Constitution (101st Amendment) Act, 2016. The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council was notified with effect from 12th September 2016.
- On 21st June 2018, which online travel aggregator said that it has acquired Saudi Arabia’s Flyin to expand their business in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Cleartrip
The combined company will have over 60 per cent market share throughout the Middle East and improved profitability due to better unit economics and larger scale of operations. The company, however, did not give any financial details of the acquisition. The transaction, the largest in the travel space in MENA region, will offer Cleartrip a wider outreach and a larger client base in an adjacent market, providing economies of scale as well as enhanced competencies and regional knowledge.
- Environment Ministry has said that, the high pollution levels in Delhi during this time of the year is primarily due to dust storms from which state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rajasthan
The high pollution levels during this time of the year in Delhi are unusual and primarily due to dust storms from Rajasthan. Rajasthan is facing extremely dry weather conditions, with high temperatures and wind speeds. The wind direction in Delhi since June 10 has changed to West and North West and then since June 12 to West and South West, due to which hot air, along with dust from Rajasthan has started moving into Delhi. According to Indian Meteorological Department (IMD), the current surface winds in Delhi are in the range of 5-6 m/sec and wind direction is West to South West, which is likely to continue over the next three days. Therefore, it is expected that dusty conditions will prevail in Delhi over the next three days.
- Who was crowned the 55th Femina Miss India World 2018 title at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Indoor Stadium, in Mumbai?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Anukreethy Vas
The 55th Femina Miss India World 2018 winner is Anukreethy Vas from Tamil Nadu, while first runner-up is Meenakshi Chaudhary from Haryana and second Shreya Rao from Andhra Pradesh. Miss World 2017 Manushi Chhillar crowned her successor Anukreethy at the star-studded grand finale on Tuesday night in Mumbai at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Indoor Stadium.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the Chairman of Central Board of Indirect taxes and Customs (CBIC)?S Ramesh
- Who is the National President of Indian Medical Association (IMA)?Dr Ravi Wankhedkar
- Who is the President of Bombay Metal Exchange (BME)?Rikab V.Mehta
- Where is the headquarters of United India Insurance Company?Chennai
- What is the tag line of Indian Overseas Bank?Good people to grow with