Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- With which of the following organization, the Ministry of AYUSH has signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) on January 20, 2017 to co-regulate misleading advertisement in Ayush sector?
A.Advertising Standards Authority: ASA
B.Advertising Standards Council of India
C.Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI)
D.Advertising Standards BureauAnswer – B.Advertising Standards Council of India
Ministry of AYUSH has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) to curtail malpractices in the advertisement of AYUSH drugs in New Delhi on January 20, 2017. According to the MoU, ASCI will report to the Ministry of AYUSH, all advertisements in potential violation of the Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements) Act, 1954 and Rules under as well as non-compliance of ASCI’s CCC recommendations for the Ministry of AYUSH to take further action.
- Which state government launched a Nasha-Mukt campaign on January 21, 2017 by forming human chain to raise awareness for addiction free state?
D.Madhya PradeshAnswer – C.Bihar
The state Government of Bihar led by Nitish Kumar launched a ‘Nasha Mukt’ (Addidction-Free) State Campaign on January 21, 2017 with the formation of world’s largest human chain across the state. The move aims towards making the state free from intoxicating substance and tobacco products. Over two crore people participated in human chain including teachers and students of schools and colleges. The human chain that lasted for 45 minutes and was 11,292 km in length covering all panchyats and blocks of the state. Satellite, drones and low flying aircraft were deployed for taking images of the human chain.
- What is the name of the new Index to be developed by NITI Aayog together with World Economic Forum for measuring the innovation performance of the Indian states?
A.Most Innovative State Index
B.Innovative India Index
C.Innovation Measuring Index
D.India Innovation IndexAnswer – D.India Innovation Index
Government of India Think Tank NITI Aayog together with International bodies World Economic Forum, World Intellectual Property Organization and the Cornell University will develop an India Innovation Index to rank the Indian states so as to develop an innovative spirit among them. The index will measure and rank the innovation performance of all Indian states and hence drive India towards an innovation-driven economy.
- The Indian Railways has signed a Joint Venture Agreement with which state on January 20, 2017 for the development of railway infrastructure in the State?
D.BiharAnswer – A.Jharkhand
The Indian Railways signed a joint venture agreement with the state government of Jharkhand on January 20, 2017 for the development of railway infrastructure in the State. Aim: The JV agreement would enable to provide active representation to States in the Planning and Implementation of Railway Infrastructure Projects, take up railway project on state’s priority basis and generate more financial resources through participation of State & other stakeholders in the project specific subsidiaries.
- The Indian railway has decided to set up Railways of India Development Fund (RIDF) worth _______to support commercially viable projects in railway sector in India.
D.$2.5 billionAnswer – B.$5 billion
The Indian Railways has decided to set up a $5 billion Railways of India Development Fund (RIDF) so as to support commercially viable projects in railway sector in India. The World Bank would fund 80% RIDF while 20% fund would be raised by the Indian railways itself and managed independently by a non-government entity. Projects which can give early returns such as freight lines and electrification projects would be funded by the RIDF.
- The Union Cabinet has on January 18, 2017 approved to exclude the States/Union-Territories from investment through which of the following Funds?
A.National Small Savings Fund (NSSF)
B.National Rural Drinking Water Programme (NRDWP) Fund
C.National Disaster Response Fund (NDRF)
D.PM National Relief FundAnswer – A.National Small Savings Fund (NSSF)
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval on January 18, 2017 to exclude States/Union-Territories (with Legislature) except Arunachal Pradesh, Delhi, Kerala and Madhya Pradesh from National Small Savings Fund (NSSF) investments effective from April 1, 2016. Besides, it also approved to provide a one-time loan of Rs. 45,000 crore to Food Corporation of India (FCI) from NSSF to meet its food subsidy requirements.
- Who is the President of United Arab Emirates?
A.Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
B.Nayef bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
C.Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
D.Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al SaudAnswer – C.Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
Capital: Abu Dhabi, Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham, President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- FI@School initiative has been launched by which bank on January 20, 2017 to generate financial literacy among school children?
A.Kerala Gramin Bank
B.Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank
C.Baroda Gujarat Gramin Bank
D.Andhra Pragathi Grameena BankAnswer – A.Kerala Gramin Bank
Kerala Gramin Bank has launched a novel programme called FI@School at Assisi Vidyanikethan Public School, Kakkanad to propagate financial literacy among school children on January 20, 2017. Every branch of the bank has to tie up with nearest school to organise various programmes to literate school students. The bank has appointed magician Gopinath Muthukad as the brand ambassador for FI@School.
- The GST Council has decided to make tax evasion of how much amount as bialable offense so as to reduce the penal provision of the GST regime?
A.Rs. 1.5 Crore
B.Rs. 1 Crore
C.Rs. 1.5 Crore
D.Rs. 2 CroreAnswer – D.Rs. 2 Crore
The Centre and State Government has in a meeting decided to reduce some of the penal provisions of the GST regime in order to make it less burdensome. The GST Council has decided that tax evasion of upto than Rs. 2 crore would be bailable offense to ensure that the trader gets immediate bail while the non-bailable offenses would be limited to ‘forgery and non- deposit of collected taxes with the exchequer within the stipulated time frame.
- Which banks have been banned by the Government on January 20, 2017 to accept deposit under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Deposit Scheme (PMGKDS)?
B.Regional Rural Banks
D.Private banksAnswer – C.Cooperative banks
The Cooperative banks have been barred by the Government on January 20, 2017 from accepting deposits under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Deposit Scheme (PMGKDS) to stop any misuse of the deposited amount. The decision comes after the income tax department revealed that a large number of cooperative banks were manipulating and laundering undisclosed money after the government scrapped the old Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 banknotes on November 8, 2016.
- Which Indian e-commerce company has been ranked as the most trusted brand in The Indian E-tailing Leadership Index 2017?
D.JabongAnswer – B.Flipkart
The Electronic commerce company Flipkart has been ranked at the top position in the nationwide consumer study titled ‘The Indian E-tailing Leadership Index’ conducted by research firm Red Seer Consulting. This is the fourth consecutive year that Filpkart has retained its position as the most trusted e-commerce brand. It scored highest among all e-commerce platforms in India in areas like product selection, customer support, ease of return, refund and reverse pick up speed and speed of delivery.
- Which digital payment firm has launched a Mutual Fund platform in partnership with the Reliance Mutual Fund on January 20, 2017?
Digital Payment Platform, FreeCharge has launched a Mutual Funds investment facility on its platform in partnership with Reliance Mutual Fund on January 20, 2017. Under the facility users can invest in a “Money Market Mutual Fund” that seeks to provide higher returns than those available on savings bank accounts. Investment in FreeCharge’s Mutual Fund would entirely be paperless. The customer simply needs to register with his PAN or Adhaar card number. The facility would also provide the benefit of zero transaction charges and zero charges at redemption.
- Which Indian film has won the best feature film award at the International Borrego Springs Film Festival held in California, US on January 16, 2017?
D.AkeleAnswer – C.Saanjh
A film directed by Ajay Saklani in a Himachali dialect “Saanjh” has won the best feature film award at
international Borrego Springs Film Festival held in California, US on January 16, 2017. The award was received by film’s co-producer Anil Chandel.The film also received award of merit at the Accolade Global Film Competition.
- Which Indian has been appointed as the member of the FIFA’s finance committee on January 20, 2017?
A.Gurpreet Singh Sandhu
D.C K KhannaAnswer – B.Praful Patel
All India Football Federation (AIFF) President Praful Patel has been appointed a member of world governing body FIFA’s finance committee which will work from 2017 to 2021. Patel was appointed as senior vice-president of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) in December, 2016.
- Technology giant Microsoft has acquired which company on January 17, 2017 to accelerate innovation in enabling 3D for Everyone vision of Microsoft?
D.UmbraAnswer – A.SimplygonExplanation :
American multinational technology company Microsoft has acquired Sweden-based company Simplygon to accelerate innovation in enabling 3D for everyone. Simplygon is a leader in 3D game optimisation, dedicated to helping creators and users of 3D data across industries optimise content pipelines and streamline workflows. It is the Developer of automatic 3D data-optimisation solutions and was developed by Donya Labs AB, a privately-held company based in Sweden
- Which Indian aircraft carrier ship has been installed with the ATM machine on board on January 21, 2017?
D.INS JalashwaAnswer – B.INS Vikramaditya
INS Vikramaditya, India’s biggest aircraft carrier ship has become the country’s first warship to have an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) onboard the vessel. The ATM has been installed by the State Bank of India (SBI) and will become operational from January 21, 2017. It will be operated through satellite link. It would enable the naval personnel onboard the ship to meet their cash requirement without the need to locate ATMs during the long deployment period of the warship.
- A new planet named ______ has been discovered by the scientists which could be the next habitable planet after Earth.
D.Wolf 1060cAnswer – A.Wolf 1061c
Scientists have discovered an exoplanet named Wolf 1061 located around 14 light years away from Earth that could be the habitable planet in the future after Earth. In an effort to find out if life thrives in any planet other than our Earth, the scientists carried out a research with focus on searching “habitable zones” regions where water could exist in a liquid state on the surface of the planet in the presence of sufficient atmospheric pressure.
- Which Indian football player has recently signed a deal to join Spanish football team Club Esportiu JUPITER, Barcelona?
D.Jayesh RaimalaniAnswer – D.Jayesh Raimalani
Indian footballer Jayesh Raimalani has signed a deal through Indo-Spanish football venture called Spaindia to join the Spanish Football Team, Club Esportiu JUPITER (CE JUPITER) based in Barcelona. The Rajasthan born footballer will join the Club’s U-19 team that plays in the National League. Besides, Jayesh will also play in its B Team that currently plays the Second Division of U-19 league system in Spain.
- Which device has been developed by the researchers that encase heart and gently squeeze to enable the weak heart to pump blood?
D.Digital Pumping DeviceAnswer – B.Robotic Sleeve
Researchers from Harvard University and Boston Children’s Hospital have developed a customizable soft robotic sleeve to encase a diseased heart and help it beat. The newly developed device is designed to help people who are experiencing heart failure. The soft, cup-shaped robotic device fits around the heart like a sleeve to give it gentle squeezes to help pump blood in patients with weakened hearts.
- Who is the author of the e-book titled RTI Act-Authentic Interpretation of the Statute?
D.Radha Krishna MathurAnswer – B.Shailesh Gandhi
Former Central Information Commissioner Shailesh Gandhi has authored an e-book in order to lend a better interpretation of the Right To Information legislation for common people. The 81-page e-book named ‘RTI Act- Authentic Interpretation of The Statute’ has been uploaded on www.Satyamevajayate.Info and can be downloaded for free. The link can also be shared on social media.The book is co-authored by Pralhad Kachare, a bureaucrat who earlier headed Yashwantrao Chavan Academy of Development Administration (YASHADA) in Pune and trained many officers in the field of RTI.
- How much amount of loan has been approved by the Government on January 18, 2017 to be provided to Food Corporation of India (FCI) from the National Small Savings Funds to meet its food subsidy requirement?
A.Rs. 50,000 crore
B.Rs. 40,000 crore
C.Rs. 45,000 crore
D.Rs. 55,000 croreAnswer – C.Rs. 45,000 crore
The centre has approved to provide a one-time loan of Rs. 45,000 crore to Food Corporation of India (FCI) from NSSF to meet its food subsidy requirements. FCI would also be required to reduce the amount of its current Cash Credit Limit with the banking consortium to the extent of the NSSF loan amount. For FCI, the interest and principal of debt would be decided by the budget line of Department of Food and Public Distribution while the repayment obligation of the FCI in respect of NSSF Loans would be treated as the first charge on the food subsidy released to the Food Corporation of India.