Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 16 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 February
- The 5 day Indian Panorama Film Festival 2017 has been organized in which State/Union Territory?
C.Andaman & Nicobar Island
D.GoaAnswer – C.Andaman & Nicobar Island
The Indian Panorama Film Festival kicked off in Port Blair on February 15, 2017. The five day film festival has been organized by the Directorate of Information, Publicity & Tourism, Andaman & Nicobar Administration in association with the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting and Directorate of Film Festivals/IFFI, New Delhi, Govt of India. About 15 films of different languages and different genre will be screened at two different venues including PBMC Auditorium and ITF Ground during the festival. The event will conclude on February 19, 2017.
- The Union Cabinet on February 15, 2017, has approved to set up Food Legumes Research Platform (FLRP) in which state?
D.West BengalAnswer – A.Madhya Pradesh
The Union Government chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on February 15, 2017 approved setting up of Food Legumes Research Platform (FLRP) at Amlaha, Sehore in Madhya Pradesh for meeting the emerging food security challenges. FLRP would be set up by the by International Center for Agricultural Research in Dry Areas (ICARDA) with satellite hubs in West Bengal (for pulses) and Rajasthan (for natural resource management).
- What is the rank of India in the Index of Economic Freedom 2017?
D.175Answer – B.143
India has been ranked 143 out of 186 economies in the annual Index of Economic Freedom 2017 released by top US based Think Tank, The Heritage Foundation. The Index measures the degree of economic freedom in the countries of the world. Hong Kong, Singapore and New Zealand are the top three nations in the Index respectively. India has been placed in the category of “Mostly Unfree” Economies in which the points ranges from 50.0-59.9.
- The three day International Conference on NexGen Technologies for Mining and Fuel Industries 2017 was organized in which Indian city?
D.New DelhiAnswer – D.New Delhi
Union Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Science Dr. Harsh Vardhan has inaugurated the three day International Conference on “NexGen Technologies for Mining and Fuel Industries” (NxGnMiFu-2017) in New Delhi on February 15, 2017 Aim : To innovate new techniques, technologies and applications for clean, safe, symbiotic sustenance of society, environment and industries in post-2020 era. The conference was organised by CSIR-Central Institute of Mining and Fuel Research, Dhanbad as a part of CSIR-Platinum Jubilee Celebration to commemorate 75th year of its foundation.
- What was the theme of the 2017 Indian Seed Congress held on February 12, 2017 in Kolkata?
B.Celebrate with Prosperous Seed
D.Seed of JoyAnswer – D.Seed of Joy
The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Shri Radha Mohan Singh inaugurated the Indian Seed Congress 2017 in Kolkata on February 12, 2017. The theme of Seed Congress is “Seed of Joy”. The theme is in line with vision of PM Modi government to bring happiness and prosperity in the lives of farmers by doubling their farm income by 2022.
- The state government of Kerala has given its in-principle approval on February 15, 2017 for setting up a Greenfield Airport at which of the given place pilgrim spots?
D.Sri Vallabha TempleAnswer – C.Sabarimala
The Kerala cabinet gave its in-principle approval on February 15, 2017 for setting up a Greenfield Airport at pilgrim centre Sabarimala located at the Periyar Tiger Reserve in the Western Ghat mountain ranges of Pathanamthitta District, Kerala. The state government has also directed Kerala State Industrial Development Corp (KSIDC) to conduct a study on the proposed airport.
- The central government has approved signing of an Air Services Agreement with which country on February 15, 2017 for smooth air services between the two nations?
D.FranceAnswer – B.Rwanda
The Cabinet approved the signing of Air Services Agreement between India and Rwanda which will enable the airlines of the two countries to operate services in each others’ territory. The Agreement has the potential to better develop the civil aviation sector of both the nations and hence boost greater trade, investment, tourism and cultural exchange between India and Rwanda and also strengthen.
- Which state inaugurated a Campaign against Drug Addiction on February 15, 2017 to make the state completely drug free?
D.RajasthanAnswer – A.Himachal Pradesh
The Himachal Pradesh Governor Acharya Devvrat inaugurated a Campaign against Drug Addiction on February 15, 2017 organized by Shimla Press Club in Shimla. The campaign aims to make the state drug free. The Governor has announced to grant Rs 1 lakh to the Press Club Shimla for organising the campaign against drugs. Through the campaign, the state will make effort to eradicate drugs that not only affect the physical and mental health of the addict but also lead them towards increase in crime.
- The UNICEF has launched an appeal of $___________million on February 15, 2017 to 2 million acutely malnourished children across Sudan.
A.$ 100 million
B.$ 125 million
C.$ 110 million
D.$ 175 millionAnswer – C.$ 110 million
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) has launched a $110 million appeal on February 15, 2017 to help two million acutely malnourished children across Sudan including hundreds of thousands living in conflict areas. Sudan is home to around 13 percent of all children suffering from acute malnutrition across Africa. Two million children under five in Sudan are acutely malnourished. They have been displaced due to violence in Darfur, Regions of South and North Kordofan, Blue Nile and Abyei while many separated from their relatives and affected by grave violations.
- What is the name of the instant chat service launched by Citi Bank on February 16, 2017 to resolve the customers queries instantly?
D.CitiChat OnlineAnswer – B.Citibank Online
Mumbai based Citi Bank has launched instant chat services for customers named Citibank Online (CBOL) on February 16, 2017. With this India become the first country in Asia Pacific within the Citi network to have this kind of service. CBOL will focuses on resolving queries instantly regarding cards, loans, domestic and non-resident accounts, and online transactions. It will feature a regular chat facility for generic query resolutions. It does not require additional verification for the customer once logged in and authenticated.
- Indian Air Force officially inducted the first indigenously built Airborne Early Warning and Control System named as ___________ on February 14, 2017.
D.DRASHTIAnswer – B.NETRA
The IAF has formally inducted the first indigenously built Airborne Early Warning and Control System named as NETRA developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation at the Aero India exhibition on February 14, 2017. These airborne warning systems, capable of long range surveillance, are huge force multipliers. Netra is based on Embraer aircraft and three systems are to be developed. It is expected to achieve Final Operational Configuration (FOC) by June.
- The Reserve Bank of India has raised the limit of Gold Loans by Regional Rural Banks on February 16, 2017 from Rs. 1 Lakh to Rs. __________
A.Rs. 3 lakh
B.Rs. 1.5 lakh
C.Rs. 2 lakh
D.Rs. 4 lakhAnswer – C.Rs. 2 lakh
The Reserve Bank of India increased the gold loan limit for RRBs (Regional Rural Banks) to Rs 2 lakh from the current Rs 1 lakh on February 16, 2017 to help the farmers and artisans have access to credit who are willing to pledge gold as collateral. The limit has been doubled for the loans not exceeding 12 months from the date of sanction. Besides, the facility will be available with bullet repayment scheme. Under the scheme, while interest will be charged on a monthly basis on the total outstanding, it will become due for payment along with principal only at the end of 12 months from the date of sanction.
- Who has been appointed as the 13th Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu on February 16th 2017?
A.K T Rajenthra Bhalaji
B.K A Sengottaiyan
C.P Balakrishna Reddy
D.Edappadi K PalaniswamiAnswer – D.Edappadi K Palaniswami
The Tamil Nadu Governor C Vidyasagar Rao appointed Edappadi K Palaniswami as 13th chief minister of the state on February 16, 2017. His appointment is in acceptance of the letter submitted by Palaniswami on February 14, 2017 that he was elected as the leader of the AIADMK legislature party at a meeting of the party MLAs. The Governor has invited him to form the ministry at the earliest as well as requested him to seek the vote confidence of the assembly within 15 days.
- Tata Motors Ltd has inked a strategic agreement with which technology giant on February 16, 2017 to make driving a more personalized experience for the customers?
D.Tata Consultancy ServicesAnswer – B.Microsoft India
Tata Motors Ltd and Microsoft India entered into strategic agreement on February 16, 2017 to collaborate on the technology front for making driving a more personalized experiences for the customers. As per the agreement, Microsoft will make use of its IoT (internet of things), AI (artificial intelligence) and machine learning technologies to develop a highly personalized, smart vehicle for the customers. The first vehicle showcasing such technological advancements will be unveiled at the Geneva International Motor show on March 7, 2017.
- Mumbai’s Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with which commodity exchange on February 16, 2017 to explore areas of cooperation?
A.Egyptian Commodities Exchange
B.Tokyo Commodity Exchange
C.Indonesia Commodity and Derivatives Exchange
D.Singapore Diamond Investment ExchangeAnswer – D.Singapore Diamond Investment Exchange
Mumbai based Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX) and Singapore Diamond Investment Exchange have signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to explore areas of cooperation on February 16, 2017. The agreement will to facilitate cooperation between the two exchanges in areas such as knowledge sharing and research, standardisation of the product for Indian markets. It will enhancing transparency in pricing, besides exploring further areas of collaboration.
- Which health institution has won the Kayakalp Award under the central government hospitals category on February 15, 2017 for maintaining high standards of sanitation and hygiene?
A.Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences, Shillong
B.National Institute of Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases, Delhi.
C.North Eastern Indira Gandhi . Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh,
D.All India Institutes of Medical Sciences, New DelhiAnswer – D.All India Institutes of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
India’s premier health institute the All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi was awarded the first prize of the Government’s Kayakalp Award under the Central Government Hospitals category on February 15, 2017 in New Delhi for maintaining high standards of sanitation and hygiene. The award was presented by the Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Shri J P Nadda and the All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi received a cash prize of Rs. 5 crore.
- Who has been appointed as the High Commissioner of India to Canada on February 16, 2017?
D.Vijay GokhaleAnswer – B.Vikas Swarup
The Indian Foreign Service (IFS) Vikas Swarup was appointed as India’s High Commissioner to Canada on February 16, 2017. He will replace Syed Akabarudddin who is who is moved as serving as India’s Permanent representative in the United Nations. Vikas is currently working as the spokesperson of Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).He had served the country’s in several embassies including US and Turkey.
- President Pranab Mukherjee appointed five new judges for the Supreme Court on February 15, 2017. With this the total number of judges in the apex court has increased to ______ from the present 23 judges.
D.24Answer – B.28
Five new judges are appointed to the Supreme Court by the President Pranab Mukherjee. Now the total number of judges in the Supreme Court rose to 28 from 23. The new judges appointed includes, Madras High Court Chief Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul, Rajasthan HC Chief Justice Naveen Sinha, Kerala HC Chief Justice Mohan M Shantanagouder, Chhattisgarh HC Chief Justice Dipak Gupta and Karnataka HC judge S Abdul Nazeer.
- Who has become the first Indian to be promoted by the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) as the Technical Delegate (TD) of the body?
D.Norman IsaacAnswer – D.Norman Isaac
The International Basketball Federation (FIBA) has promoted Norman Isaac as the Technical Delegate (TD) of the sport’s worldwide governing body. He has become the first Indian to be ever appointed to the post. In 2006, FIBA appointed him as the FIBA Commissioner at Muscat, Oman.
- As per the Monthly Analysis of Global Temperatures report by NASA scientists, January 2017 is the _______ warmest January in 137 years of modern record-keeping.
D.SeventhAnswer – B.Third
According to the Monthly Analysis of Global Temperatures report published by the NASA scientists at Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), New York, January 2017 has been recorded as the third warmest January in 137 years of modern record-keeping. As per the report, January 2016 was the hottest month with a temperature of 1.12 degree Celsius warmer than the mean January temperature from 1951-1980.