AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 13 February 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Along with which organization the Ministry of Human Resource & Development and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare developed the curriculum for School Health Ambassador Initiative under Ayushman Bharat’s School Health Programme?
1) Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE)
2) Central Institute of Education Technology (CIET)
3) National Council for Educational Research and Training (NCERT)
4) Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
5) University Grants Commission (UGC)Answer-3) National Council for Educational Research and Training (NCERT)
Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Ramesh Pokhriyal “Nishank”, Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan jointly released curriculum for School Health Ambassador Initiative under Ayushman Bharat’s School Health Programme (SHP)during an occasion in New Delhi. The curriculum teachers will act as “Health and Wellness Ambassadors”. Ministry of Human Resource & Development and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) along with National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) has developed curriculum framework and training material for training of nodal teachers.
- The Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) has issued notification on January 10, 2020 which prohibited carrying of ______ in both domestic and International airports under Electronic Nicotine Delivery System (ENDS).
2) Vape pens
4) both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)Answer-5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
The prohibition of electronic-cigarettes by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, it has been decided that e-cigarettes includes all forms of electronic nicotine delivery system (ENDS), heat not burn products, e-hookah and the like devices,” stated the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security circular dated January 10.
- The Cabinet gives in-principle approval to infusion of capital of amount Rs. ______ to three public sector general insurance companies named Oriental Insurance Company Limited (OICL), National Insurance Company Limited (NICL) and United India Insurance Company Limited (UIICL).
1) 1000 Crore
2) 1500 Crore
3) 2000 Crore
4) 2500 Crore
5) 3000 CroreAnswer-4) 2500 Crore
Cabinet has given it’s in principle approval for capital infusion for three Public Sector General Insurance Companies (PSGICs), namely, Oriental Insurance Company Limited (OICL), National Insurance Company Limited (NICL) and United India Insurance Company Limited (UIICL). In this regard, Rs 2500 crore will be released reflecting critical financial position of these 3 PSGICs.
- The Union Cabinet approves the changes in ‘Direct Tax Vivad se Vishwas Bill, 2020’ to increase the scope of scheme will also include the disputes below ______.
1) 1 Crore
2) 5 Crore
3) 10 Crore
4) 10 Lakh
5) 50 LakhAnswer-2) 5 Crore
The Union Cabinet approved changes in the ‘Direct Tax Vivad se Vishwas Bill, 2020’ with the aim of reducing litigations related to direct taxes pending in various debt recovery tribunals (DRTs) involving over Rs 9.32 lakh crore the new changes seek to increase the scope of scheme will also include the disputes below Rs 5 crore. The scheme will remain open till June 30, 2020.
- With which country India has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the sustainable development in fisheries department September 2019 (cabinet approval in Feb 2020)?
1) Sri Lanka
5) BhutanAnswer-3) Iceland
The Union Cabinet has approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Iceland in the field of sustainable fisheries development. This MoU was signed by India and Iceland on September 10, 2019.
- Which is the 1st UT to pass resolution against Citizen Amendment Act (CAA), National Register for Citizens (NRC) and National Population Register (NPR) in assembly?
1) New Delhi
3) Jammu & Kashmir
5) LakshadweepAnswer-2) Puducherry
The Puducherry Legislative Assembly has passed a resolution against the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) 2019, the National Register of Citizens (NRC) and the National Population Register (NPR). The Legislative Assembly of Kerala, Punjab, Rajasthan, West Bengal, and Madhya Pradesh had passed a resolution against the CAA.
- Which state police has implemented “Operation Nakail” allotting unique number for auto-rickshaw drivers to curb crime?
1) Madhya Pradesh
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) TelanganaAnswer-3) Uttar Pradesh
The Senior Superintendent of Police Kalanidhi Naithani has announced that the Ghaziabad police station in Uttar Pradesh has launched “Operation Nakail” under which all auto-rickshaw drivers are allotted with a unique 4-digit number and all the drivers should paint the number on front, left, right and rear side of the auto-rickshaw which is used identify/verify the driver later. Customers can file complaints using the number if they face any harassment.
- Which Indian state signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with eGOV foundation for state-wide Implementation of Municipal finance accounting platform?
1) Uttar Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
5) TelanganaAnswer-1) Uttar Pradesh
A Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) was signed between the Uttar Pradesh (UP) government and eGov foundation, Bengaluru, Karnataka, to implement the municipal financial accounting system.
- The 43rd session of the annual Governing Council meeting of the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) 2020 based on the theme “Investing in sustainable food systems to end hunger by 2030” held at Which country?
1) Geneva, Switzerland
2) Rome, Italy
3) Washington D.C, United States
4) London, United Kingdom
5) Vienna, AustriaAnswer-2) Rome, Italy
A 2-day long 43rd session of the annual Governing Council meeting of the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) 2020 based on the theme “Investing in sustainable food systems to end hunger by 2030” was held at FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization) headquarters in Rome, Italy from February 11- 12, 2020.
- The Sri Lankan Prime Minister had a 5-day visit to Indian between Feb 7 -11, 2020 to boost the Bilateral Partnership. Who is The Prime Minister of Sri Lanka?
1) Mahendra Rajapaksa
2) Gotabaya Rajapaksa
3) Maithripala Sirisena
4) Namal Rajapaksa
5) Sajith PremadasaAnswer-1) Mahendra Rajapaksa
Sri Lankan Prime Minister (PM) Mahendra Rajapaksa paid a 5-day visit to India from February 7-11, 2020 to boost bilateral partnership. This is his 1st official visit abroad after being appointed to the office by President Gotabaya Rajapaksa, his younger brother.
- The Sri Lankan Prime Minister arrived at Lal Bahadur Shashtri Airport for his 5-day visit to India (Feb 2020). Where is Lal Bahadur Shashtri Airport located at?
3) New Delhi
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) KeralaAnswer-4) Uttar Pradesh
Sri Lankan Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa arrived in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh (UP) at the Lal Bahadur Shastri airport and was given a warm welcome by senior officials and offered prayers at the famous Kashi Vishwanath temple.
- As per the world’s foremost financial site The Bakers’ ‘Top 500 Banking Brands 2020’ report which Indian Bank tops the list of ‘Highest increase in brand value’ among global banks?
1) Axis Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) IndusInd Bank
4) IDFC Bank
5) Yes BankAnswer-3) IndusInd Bank
As per the The Banker’s ‘Top 500 Banking Brands 2020’ report, India’s IndusInd Bank has topped the list of ‘Highest increase in brand value’ among global banks. It’s brand value saw an increase of 122% over the past 12 months. The bank reported total assets of Rs 3.1 lakh crore at the end of Q3 FY20.
- As per the world’s foremost financial site The Bakers’ ‘Top 500 Banking Brands 2020’ report India’s position in the list of ‘Top 50 By Total Brand Value by Country’ is/are ____?
5) 7Answer-3) 8
As per The Bakers’ ‘Top 500 Banking Brands 2020’ report the list “Top 50 By Total Brand Value by Country” has been topped by China, followed by United States (US) at 2nd position while Canada and the United Kingdom (UK) ranked at 3rd and 4th spots. Japan has moved up to fifth spot. India ranked 8th in this list in comparison to 10th place in 2019. India’s brand value is 26,516 $m in 2020 showing an increase of 13% in comparison to 23,409 $m in 2019.
- The Economic Intelligence Unit’s (EIU) estimated Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth rate for India in 2020 is/are _______?
5) 5.6%Answer-4) 6.1%
Economic Intelligence Unit (EIU) also estimated the GDP growth for India to 6.1 percent for 2020 from 4.9 percent estimated for the year 2019.
- The Global growth forecast predicted by the Economic Intelligence Unit (EIU) for the year 2020 reduced from 2.3% to _____?
5) 1.6%Answer-1) 2.2%
The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) has revised its Global growth forecast for the year 2020 to 2.2 percent from the previous 2.3 percent, and is because of the Impact in Global market created by Novel coronavirus outbreak in China.
- According to the Data released by National Statistics organisation (NSO) of Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (M0SPI) the retail inflation rose to 68 month high to ____ in January 2020.
5) 6.98%Answer-2) 7.59%
According to the data released by the National Statistical Organisation (NSO) of the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), Retail inflation rose to a 68-month high of 7.59 % in January 2020 as against 7.35% in December 2019 due to prices of food items such as vegetables, eggs, meat and fish, along with fuel became costlier.
- According to the Data released by National Statistics organisation (NSO) of Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (M0SPI) the Index of industrial production (IIP), the industry production slipped to ___ in December 2019 compared to 2.5% in December 2018?
5) 1.1%Answer-2) 0.3%
Index of industrial production (IIP) can also be seen falling, with industrial production slipping 0.3 % in December 2019 as compared to 2.5 % growth in the same month a year ago.
- Which Technological Giant company has launched “We think Digital” Programme in partnership with National Commission for Women (NCW) and Cyber Peace Foundation to provide digital literacy training to 1 Lakh women in 7 states (Feb 2020)?
5) LinkedInAnswer-3) Facebook
Facebook launched “We Think Digital” Programme to provide digital literacy training to 1 lakh women across 7 states, including Uttar Pradesh (UP), West Bengal & Bihar. It has been launched in partnership with National Commission for Women (NCW) and Cyber Peace Foundation.
- Arvind Kejriwal will sworn as Delhi Chief Minister for 3rd consecutive time. He Belongs to which party?
1) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
2) Indian National Congress (INC)
3) Communist Party of India (CPI)
4) Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)
5) Nationalist Congress Party (NCP)Answer-4) Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) party leader Shri Arvind Kejriwal, 51 years old, to be sworn as Chief Minister (CM) of New Delhi on February 16, 2020 at Ramlila Maidan, Delhi, with his cabinet members. He was CM of Delhi for consecutively 3 times during the period of 2013, 2015 and 2020.
- Which Indian Former Cricketer has been appointed as United Arab Emirates’ (UAE) director of Cricket (Feb 2020)?
1) Dinesh Mongia
2) Robin Singh
3) Hemang Badani
4) Anil Kumble
5) Harbhajan SinghAnswer-2) Robin Singh
Former India all-rounder Robindra Ramnarine Singh, 56 years old, appointed Director of Cricket of the UAE (United Arab Emirates). He was appointed by Emirates Cricket Board after the dismissal of head coach Douglas Robert Brown.
- Who has been appointed as the President of All-India Chess Federation (AICF) till 2023 declared by Justice Fakkir Mohamed Ibrahim Kalifulla former Supreme Court Judge?
1) Bharat Singh Chauhan
2) Naresh Sharma
3) M. Arun Singh
4) Vipnesh Bharadwaj
5) Ajay H. PatelAnswer-5) Ajay H. Patel
Justice Fakkir Mohamed Ibrahim Kalifulla, returning officer for the All-India Chess Federation (AICF) & former Supreme Court (SC) judge, has declared 5 persons for various posts for the period till 2023. The 5 persons elected unopposed are Ajay H. Patel as President, Bharat Singh Chauhan as the Secretary, Naresh Sharma as Treasurer, M. Arun Singh as Joint Secretary and Vipnesh Bharadwaj as Vice President.
- Which Indian City hosted the National water conference with the guidelines “Right to Water Act” and “Water Rights Act” in Feb 2020?
1) Uttar Pradesh
5) Madhya PradeshAnswer-5) Madhya Pradesh
The Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shri Kamal Nath has inaugurated the National water conference at Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. The conference is being held to finalize the guidelines of “Right to Water Act” or “Water Rights Act” and also discussed the water crisis in the state and also making the state a water-rich state.
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre’s (BARC) Bhabha Kavach Bullet Proof Jackets was inducted in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF). Where is headquarters BARC located at?
5) New DelhiAnswer-3) Mumbai
During a ceremony held at CISF (Central Industrial Security Force) UNIT, BARC Camp, Trombay in Mumbai, Maharashtra, Dr. Ajit Kumar Mohanty, Director BARC handed over 55 Bhabha Kavach bullet proof jackets to Rajesh Ranjan, Director General, CISF. The Bhabha Atomic Research Centre is at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Who is the No.1 Test batsman as per International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Men’s Test ranking 2020 (Released on 11 Feb, 2020)?
1) Steve Smith
2) Babar Azam
3) Virat Kohli
4) Marcus Labuschagne
5) Cheteswar PujaraAnswer-3) Virat Kohli
As per the ICC (International Cricket Council) Men’s test ranking 2020 released on 11th February 2020, Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli has retained his top position with 928 points in the list of batsmen. At the same time, Pakistan batsman Babar Azam, who scored a century in the first Test match against Bangladesh, has jumped two places to 5th in test batting rankings with 800 points.
- Which team has won the 54th All India Bombay Gold Cup Tournament title held at Mahindra hockey stadium, Mumbai?
1) South Central Railways
2) Mumbai Customs
3) Indian Oil Corporation Limited
4) Indian Navy
5) Central Bank of IndiaAnswer-4) Indian Navy
Indian Navy, Mumbai (Maharashtra) has defeated South Central Railway (SCR), Secunderabad (Telangana) to win the 54th All India Bombay Gold Cup Hockey Tournament title for the 1st time with 4-1 scores in the final played at Mahindra Hockey Stadium, Churchgate, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Who Authored the Book “A Commentary & Digest on the Air, Act 1981” which was released by Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar (Feb 2020)?
1) K K Khandelwal
2) Vinod Rai
3) Sandip Sen
4) Milan Vaishnav
5) Goutam DasAnswer-1) K K Khandelwal
Manohar Lal Khattar, released a book titled “A Commentary & Digest on The Air, Act 1981” at Chandigarh, Haryana. The book was written by Dr K K Khandelwal and Published by the Bright Law House.
- Who has written the book “Messages from Messengers”?
1) Chetan Bhagat
2) Arundhati Roy
3) Vikram Seth
4) Aravind Adiga
5) Priti K ShroffAnswer-5) Priti K Shroff
“Messages from Messengers” book written by Priti K Shroff was launched in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The book deals with Indian culture and tradition and is suitable for everyone in all stages of life, as a tool for self-guidance.
- Wendell Rodricks who is in news recently (Feb 2020) is a _________?
1) Theatre Artist
2) Fashion Designer
5) Stunt ArtistAnswer-2) Fashion Designer
Famous Indian Fashion designer Wendell Rodricks, 59 years old, passed away at Colvale, Goa. He was born on 28th May 1960 in Goa.
- The World Radio Day (WRD) celebrated annually on February 13. What is the theme of WRD 2020?
1) Theme: ‘Dialogue, Tolerance and Peace’
2) Theme: ‘Radio and Sports’
3) Theme: ‘Radio and Diversity’
4) Theme: ‘Radio is You’
5) Theme: ‘Securing freedom of expression and journalists’Answer-3) Theme: ‘Radio and Diversity’
February 13, 2020, World Radio Day (WRD) is celebrated all over the world with the theme “Radio and Diversity”. The day aims to highlights the unique power of radio which connects lives and brings people together from across the world.
- When was ‘National Women’s Day’ observed on (Every year) _______?
1) March 8
2) February 13
3) February 8
4) May 19
5) January 4Answer-2) February 13
The birth anniversary of independence activist, Sarojini Naidu, every year India observes February 13 as it’s National Women’s day. She was born in 13 February 1879 in Hyderabad British India (now in Telangana, India). It should be noted that the International Women’s Day is observed on 8th March annually.
- Safer Internet Day 2020 with the theme “Together for Better Internet” was observed on ________?
1) February 11
2) February 12
3) February 13
4) February 14
5) February 15Answer-1) February 11
Safer Internet Day was observed on Feb. 11, 2020. The day is observed every year on the 2nd day of the 2nd week of February with an aim to provide safer & better internet, without getting their data leaked. The day was first initiated in Europe in 2004 as part of the EU Safe Borders Project. Theme: “Together for better Internet”.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the 1st women match referee at global event in cricket? Answer-GS Lakshmi
India’s GS Lakshmi has been selected by the International Cricket Council (ICC) to referee in the upcoming Women’s T20 World Cup (21 February – 8 March, 2020) in Australia, making her the first-ever woman match referee in a global ICC event.
- Where is the National Institute of Banking Management located at? Answer-Pune, Maharashtra
Recently in February 2020, The President of India Ram Nath Kovind addressed the Golden Jubilee celebrations at National Institute of Banking Management, Pune, Maharashtra.
- Where is the headquarters of Economic Intelligence Unit (EIU) located at? Answer-London, England
- What is the Capital and Currency of United Arab Emirates (UAE)? Answer-Capital – Abu Dhabi & Currency – UAE Dirham
- Where is the headquarters of National Insurance Company Limited (NICL) located at? Answer-Kolkata, West Bengal
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/february-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try February Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]