Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 1 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 February
- The Finance Minister Aruin Jaitley announced TEC India as the agenda of the Union Budget 2017-18 on February 1, 2017. What does E stands for in TEC India?
Answer – C.Energize
Union Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley presented the Union budget 2017-2018 in Lok Sabha on February 1, 2017. This is the fourth budget by the Narendra Modi government.It is the first budget after major changes in Indian economy like Goods and Services Tax and Demonetization in 2016. The agenda for the Union Budget 2017-18 is TEC India, where T stands for Transform, E stands for Energize and C for Clean. The agenda seeks to transform the quality of governance and life of people; Energise various sections of society especially the youth and the vulnerable to bring out the best in them and Clean the country from the evils of corruption, black money and non-transparent political funding.
- The Union Cabinet has approved to amend the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order 1950 Bill to modify SC list for which state?
Answer – A.Odisha
The Union Cabinet under the Chairmanship of Prime Minster Narendra Modi on February 1, 2017 gave its approval to amend the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order, 1950 Bill to make changes the list of Scheduled Castes in Odisha. Besides, the cabinet also approved amending the Constitution (Pondicherry) Scheduled Castes Order, 1964 to change the name of the Union Territory Pondicherry to Puducherry. The amended Bill will be shortly introduced in the parliament under the name Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Orders (Amendment) Bill, 2017. Additionally, Sualgiri/Swalgiri caste which is a part of already included Sabakhia caste has been made eligible to be included in the list of SC in Odisha.
- How much amount has been allocated under MNREGA for the year 2017-18 in the Union Budget presented by Finance Minister on February 1, 2017?
Answer – D.Rs.48,000 crore
Allocation under MNREGA increased to Rs.48,000 crore in 2017-18 from Rs 38,500 crore in 2016-17. This is highest ever allocation. Women participation in MGNREGA has increased to 55% compared to less than 48% in the past. Total allocation for rural, agriculture and allied sectors for 2017-18 is Rs 1,87,223 crore which is 24 percent more than previous year’s allocation.
- With which country India conducted a high level consultation on January 31, 2017 to share views on counter terrorism?
Answer – B.Russia
A high-level consultation was held between India and Russia on January 31, 2017 in New Delhi to share views on threats posed by terrorism. Indian side was led by Preeti Saran, Secretary (East), Ministry of External Affairs while Russia was led by H.E. Oleg V. Syromolotov, Deputy Foreign Minister. Both sides shared views on issues related to terrorism including state-sponsored, cross border terrorism faced by India.
- Centre has extended the tenure of loan under Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) Mission from 15 years to ________ years on February 1, 2017?
Answer – A.20 Years
The Union cabinet led by PM Modi has given its approval on February 1, 2017 to extend the tenure of loans under the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) Mission from the current 15 years to 20 years. Besides the scheme has been introduced for the middle income group (MIG) category and an initial allocation of Rs. 1000 crore has been made at Budgetary Estimate stage in 2017-18 for the proposed CLSS for MIG. For economically weaker sections of society/Lower Income Group (LIG), the scheme has been named as CLSS.
- The Union cabinet has approved to amend which Bill on February 1, 2017 to declare Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM), Kurnool as an institute of national importance?
A.Indian Institutes of Information Technology Act, 2002
B.Indian Institutes of Information Technology Act, 2012
C.Indian Institutes of Information Technology Act, 2014
D.Indian Institutes of Information Technology Act, 2011
Answer – C.Indian Institutes of Information Technology Act, 2014
The Union Cabinet approved introduction of the Indian Institutes of Information Technology (Amendment) Bill, 2017 in Parliament on February 1, 2017. The Bill seeks to amend the Indian Institutes of Information Technology Act, 2014, which defines the status of Institutions of National Importance on the IIITs and also provides for matters connected with administering these IIITs. The amended Bill aims to include Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM), Kurnool in Andhra Pradesh in the Act and declare it as an institute of National Importance with the power to award degrees to students
- Where was the Digital Radio Round Table Conference organized on January 31, 2017?
Answer –D.New Delhi
Union Minister for Information & Broadcasting M Venkaiah Naidu was inaugurated the Digital Radio or All Round Table Conference in New Delhi on January 31, 2017. Organiser: Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM) and Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Limited (BECIL). Aim: To stimulate the interests of the key Indian stakeholders in the public phase launch of the project to digitise radio in India, following the successful installation of DRM digital radio transmitters by All India Radio (AIR).
- How much amount of Appeal has been launched by UNICEF for the year 2017 on January 31, 2017 to help the distressed children across the globe?
A.USD 1.5 billion
B.USD 2.9 billion
C.USD 3.3 billion
D.USD 9.7 billion
Answer – C.USD 3.3 billion
The UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF) launched an appeal for the year 2017 on January 31, 2017 for USD 3.3 billion to help over 48 million children across the globe who are driven from their homes due to conflict, disasters and climate change. The appeal was made with regards to the fear that US may cut down its funding which is the top donor contributing about 40 percent to the international organizations.
- The World’s Largest Battery Storage Plant has been set up in which country on January 30, 2017?
A.California, United States
B.London, United Kingdom
Answer – A.California, United States
Tesla Motor Inc. and Southern California Edison have jointly launched World’s largest energy storage facilities on January 30, 2017 at the utility’s Mira Loma substation in Ontario, California. The facility was unveiled as part of the massive deployment of grid-connected batteries agreement made between the two companies in September 2016. The facility would reduce dependence on fossil fuels for generating energy and take advantage of wind and sun to deliver clean energy to power homes, businesses among other things.
- How much more housing units has been approved by the Israel’s Government to be constructed for the Jewish settlers in the West Bank on January 27, 2017?
Answer – A.3000
Israel Government decided to build 3000 units for Jewish settlers in the West Bank, and in occupied East Jerusalem. An Israeli official stated that Israel will be constructing the buildings in settlements located in the West Bank, and in occupied East Jerusalem. Earlier in January 2017, Israeli authorities had approved the construction of 2,500 housing units in the occupied West Bank. The official added that the decision was made “in response to the Palestinian bid at the UN General Assembly” in which the Palestinians were voted in as a non-member state after 138 countries voted for the bid, while only 9 countries voted against and 41 countries abstained.
- Which country has been invited as the Guest of Honour for the 2017 St. Petersburg International Economic Forum scheduled to be held from June 1 to 3, 2017?
Answer – B.India
India is invited as the Guest country for the upcoming 2017 St. Petersburg International Economic Forum which was scheduled to be held from June 1 to 3, 2017. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend the St Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF). India & Russia are working on the “bilateral aspect” during Modi’s visit o Russia. The SPIEF is an international economics and business event held annually with the participation of the President of the Russian Federation
- The Fiscal Deficit in the first nine months of 2016-17 was __________percent as compared to 87.9 percent for the same period in 2015-16.
Answer – A.93.9 Percent
Fiscal deficit in the first nine months of 2016-17 touched 93.9 per cent of the Budget target against 87.9 per cent for the same period a year ago. In value terms, the April-December fiscal deficit stood at Rs 5.01 lakh crore, or 93.9 per cent, of 2016-17 Budget estimates (BE). The fiscal deficit stood at 87.9 per cent in the corresponding nine months a year ago, as per 2015-16 Budget estimates.
- Arnab Goswami has changed the name of its proposed news channel Republic on January 28, 2017. What is the new name of the channel?
Answer – C.Republic TV
Arnab Goswami, managing director and editor-in-chief of ARG Outlier Media has changed the name of his proposed news channel Republic into Republic TV. This changes after BJP parliamentarian Subramanian Swamy raised issue against usage of the word ‘Republic’. Subramanian mentioned that letting a private venture use the word ‘Republic’ will be illegal under Emblems and Names (Prevention of Improper Use) Act, 1950.
- In which country, scientists have discovered nearly 540 million years ago fossil named Saccorhytus due to its small size and bag like structure?
Answer – D.China
A team of researchers has discovered a fossil in the Shaanxi Province of China, which they believe is the prehistoric ancestor of humans that existed about 540 million years ago. The team included those from the University of Cambridge in the UK and Northwest University in Xi’an China, with support from other colleagues at institutions in China and Germany. The little creature has been named as Saccorhytus due to its small and sack-like feature. The research was published in the Journal Nature on January 30, 2017.The Saccorhytus is a very old example of biological class “Deuterostome” which existed about 510-520 million years ago. These groups were ancestors to many species of animals including humans. Scientis say that this class of species has begun to diversify into different species in present day.
- Which company has been awarded as the best IT Startup under the IT (Information Technology) and ITES (Information Technology Enabled Services) category at the National Entrepreneurship Awards 2016 on January 30, 2016?
Answer – B.Lucideus
An IT Risk Assessment and Digital Security Services Providing Firm, Lucideus, was awarded the best IT Startup under the IT (Information Technology) and ITES (Information Technology Enabled Services) category on January 30, 2017 during the National Entrepreneurship Awards 2016. The award function was organized at the DRDO auditorium in New Delhi by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- Which of the following states have won the eGovernance awards for Excellence under the state category at the CSI -Nihilent eGovernance Awards held in Coimbatore on January 31, 2017?
A.Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
B.Haryana and Nagaland
C.Rajasthan and Telangana
D.Haryana and Rajasthan
Answer – C.Rajasthan and Telangana
Rajasthan and Telangana are bagged the eGovernance awards for Excellence under the state category at the CSI -Nihilent eGovernance Awards held in Coimbatore on January 31, 2017. Odisha and Nagaland bagged the Award of Recognition for the year 2016. eGovernance Awards are Instituted by the Computer Society of India’s (CSI) Special Interest Group with sponsorship from Nihilent Technologies
- Which bollywood actress has been recently appointed as the brand ambassador of the campaign ‘Swacch Bharat Abhiyan’ by the Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD)?
Answer – D.Anushka Sharma
Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma was appointed the first female ambassador of the campaign ‘Swacch Bharat Abhiyan’ by the Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD). Anushka will works with bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan for a nationwide health and sanitation campaign
- Researchers from which country have developed the world’s first heat-driven transistor?
Answer – A.Sweden
Researchers at Linköping University, Sweden have created the world’s first heat-driven transistor. The transistor is first in the world that changes its state by a heat signal rather than conventional electrical signal. The transistor is made up an electrolyte-gated transistor and an ionic thermoelectric super capacitor. The heat is first converted into electricity and then stored in the super capacitor. Even a fractional change in temperature is sufficient to cause a detectable current modulation in the transistor.
- Which West Indies Cricketer has been banned for a year by the Jamaican Anti-Doping Commission on February 1, 2017 for violating doping code?
Answer – B.Andre Russell
Jamaican cricketer Andre Russell (28) has been banned from all cricket for a year over a doping code violation by the Jamaican Anti-Doping Commission on February 1, 2017. Under World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) guidelines, elite athletes must file his/her details of whereabouts. Russell did not file his whereabouts on three occasions in 2015 as required, which constitutes a failed drugs test under WADA’s whereabouts rules.
- Former Union Minister E Ahamed who passed away on February 1, 2017 at the age of 78 was the MLA from which state?
Answer – C.Kerala
Former Union minister and Indian Union Muslim League leader E Ahamed has passed away in New Delhi on February 1, 2017.He was 78. Ahamed was first elected as MLA in 1967 and was member of the house in 1977, 1980, 1982 and 1987. He was sent to GCC countries as an Emissary of the then Prime Minister late Indira Gandhi in 1984. In the 2014 elections, Ahamed had won by the largest margin of over one lakh votes, in Lok sabha he represents Malappuram constituency in Kerala.