AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz August 1 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Who among the following has been elected as the new Prime Minister of Pakistan?
4.Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
Answer – 4.Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the nominee of ruling Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz’s (PML-N) has been elected as the new Prime Minister of Pakistan by the National Assembly. Abbasi will succeed Nawaz Sharif, who was ousted by the Supreme Court of Pakistan after being found guilty of corruption in the Panama Papers case last week.
- Which satellite will be launched by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) by the end of August 2017, to augment the existing seven satellites of NavIC constellation?
Answer – 1.IRNSS-1H
To be launched on board PSLV-C39, IRNSS-1H will be a “back up” navigation satellite for IRNSS-1A, one among the seven satellites in the constellation, as its three rubidium atomic clocks on board had stopped functioning.
- 19th round of the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership(RCEP)Trade Negotiating Committee (TNC) meetings and other related meetings were held from 17th to 28th July 2017 in:
Answer – 3.Hyderabad
The Meeting was inaugurated by Rita Teaotia, Secretary, Department of Commerce, Government of India on 24 July 2017. During the 19th round, parallel meetings were held by the three main Working Groups on Trade in Goods, Trade in Services and Investment, including their respective Sub-Working Groups.
- On July 31, 2107, Rajya Sabha passed ________ for setting up of a National Commission for Backward Classes.
1.Constitution 123rd Amendment Bill, 2017
2.Constitution 124th Amendment Bill, 2017
3.Constitution 125th Amendment Bill, 2017
4.Constitution 126th Amendment Bill, 2017
5.Constitution 127th Amendment Bill, 2017
Answer – 1.Constitution 123rd Amendment Bill, 2017
On July 31, 2017, Rajya Sabha passed Constitution 123rd Amendment Bill, 2017 by dropping Clause 3 which pertains to the insertion of a new article 338B about the constitution and powers of the National Commission for Backward Classes
- A campaign to protect children from major childhood diseases like measles, mumps and rubella has been started in which district of Himachal Pradesh from August 1, 2017?
Answer – 1.Kangra District
The campaign has been initiated by Dharamshala Municipal Corporation Mayor Rajni Vyas. Under the Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) vaccination programme, all children between the age of nine months to 15 years shall be vaccinated.
- The Supreme Court has imposed a ban on which of the following harmful heavy metals in the manufacturing of firecrackers as they cause air and noise pollution?
4.Mercury and antimony
5.All of the above
Answer – 5.All of the above
The Supreme Court maintained that it is the responsibility of the Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organisation (PESO) to ensure compliance of ban particularly in Sivakasi in Tamil Nadu where there are a large number of firecracker manufacturers
- On August 1, 2017, Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has announced a package of Rs ________ crore for relief, rehabilitation and building flood mitigation infrastructure in the flood-affected North-Eastern states including Assam.
Answer – 2.2350 crore
PM announced to set up a high-powered committee to find a long-term solution to the flood and erosion problem in the North East region. Out of the Rs 2350 crore announced by the PM, Rs 1200 crore will be given by the Union.
- As per ‘ICT Facts and Figures 2017’, released by the International Telecommunication Union(ITU), which two countries are home to 39% of the 830 million young people worldwide who use the Internet?
1.Brazil & China
2.China & Russia
3.Russia & India
4.India & China
5.India & Brazil
Answer – 4.India & China
As per the report, there has been a significant increase in broadband access and subscriptions with China leading the way. Youths (15-24 years old) are at the forefront of Internet adoption. In Least Developed Countries (LDCs), up to 35% of individuals using the Internet are aged 15-24, compared with 13% in developed countries and 23% globally.
- Which Asian country has formally launched its first overseas naval facility in Djibouti, an East African nation?
Answer – 1.China
This Chinese base in Djibouti is set to enable China to better support its patrols in waters off Somalia and Yemen and carry out international humanitarian operations as well as naval exercises.
- The new bilateral Agreement on Trade Commerce and Transit between India and ______ came into force on July 29, 2017.
The agreement aims to further strengthen the bilateral trade relations between India and Bhutan. It provides for a free trade regime between the territories of both countries. The agreement was last renewed on July 29, 2006 for ten years. The validity of the same was extended (with effect from July 29, 2016) for one year or till the new agreement comes into force, through the exchange of diplomatic notes.
- Who among the following has overtaken Hong Kong business magnate Li Ka-shing to become Asia’s second-richest man?
2.K P Singh
Answer – 4.Mukesh Ambani
According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Ambani’s wealth has seen a rise of $12.1 billion on account of surge in share prices of Reliance Industries. LiKa-shing is the richest man in Hong Kong with a business empire that ranges from telecommunications to retail and port.
- Which company has named Sameer Garde as President for its India and SAARC operations?
Answer – 3.Cisco
Sameer Garde joined the company on 1st August 2017. He succeeds Dinesh Malkani.
He will be responsible for Cisco’s senior-level external engagement, including those with government and industry associations.
- ______________, the first vice-chairman of NITI Aayog announced his resignation from office on August 1, 2017.
1.V K Saraswat
Answer – 2.Arvind Panagariya
Arvind Panagariya said, he has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to relieve him of his duties by 31st August as he was not getting an extension of leave from Columbia University. He is an economist and a professor of economics at Columbia University.
- Who among the following has been appointed as the Chief of the Indian Army’s Eastern Command on August 1, 2017?
1.Lt General Pawan Tomar
2.Lt General Ajay Rajput
3.Lt General Ankush Iyer
4.Lt General Abhay Krishna
5.Lt General Sandeep Menon
Answer – 4.Lt General Abhay Krishna
Krishna succeeds Lt Gen Praveen Bakshi who has retired from service. Krishna was currently serving as the Head of the Army’s Jaipur-based Southwestern Command. He has served four tenures along the Line of Actual Control on the northern borders and commanded an infantry battalion in Sikkim.
- As per two different studies, published in the journal Nature Climate Change, the global temperature is likely to rise more than _________ degrees Celsius by the end of this century.
1.2 degrees Celsius
2.2.5 degrees Celsius
3.3 degrees Celsius
4.3.5 degrees Celsius
5.4 degrees Celsius
Answer – 1.2 degrees Celsius
The study used statistical analysis to show that there is a 95% chance that Earth will warm more than 2 degrees at century’s end, and a 1% chance that it stays below 1.5 Celsius
- According to the latest ICC Test Rankings,which cricketer has maintained his top position in the bowlers’ list?
Answer – 3.Ravindra Jadeja
According to the latest ICC Test Rankings Ravindra Jadeja maintained his top position in the bowlers’ list, while India skipper Virat Kohli stayed at fifth place in the batting charts.
- Which city will host 2028 Summer Olympics?
2.Los Angeles, US
4.Durban, South Africa
Answer – 2.Los Angeles, US
Los Angeles has accepted a deal to stage the 2028 Olympic and Paralympic Games – which means that the 2024 Games will be heading to Paris. Paris and Los Angeles had both originally bid for the 2024 Games – but IOC president Thomas Bach told the two cities to work out a plan to share the 2024 and 2028 Olympics.
- Ustad Sayeeduddin Dagar, who passed away on July 30, 2017, was:
1.Eminent Tabla Exponent
2.Eminent Flute Exponent
3.Eminent Sarod Exponent
4.Eminent Dhrupad singer
5.Eminent Sitar Exponent
Answer – 4.Eminent Dhrupad singer
Ustad Sayeeduddin Dagar was born in Rajasthan on April 29, 1939 and was part of the illustrious Dagar family of musicians. He was the youngest of the famous seven ‘Dagar Bandhus’ and had dedicated his life to keeping the Dhrupad tradition alive.
- During India’s struggle for independence, Non-cooperation movement was launched on which date?
1.August 1, 1920
2.August 1, 1921
3.August 1, 1922
4.August 1, 1923
5.August 1, 1924
Answer – 1.August 1, 1920
The Non-cooperation movement was launched on August 1, 1920 by the Indian National Congress (INC) under the leadership of Mahatma Gandhi. It signified a new chapter in the history of Indian freedom struggle
- What was the theme of ‘World breastfeeding week 2017’celebrated from 1st to 7th August 2017?
1.“Sustaining Breastfeeding Together”
2.“Creating Awareness about Breastfeeding Together”
3.“Creating Awareness about Breastfeeding through Social Media”
4.“Propagating Breastfeeding for New Born”
5.“6 Months of Breastfeeding for New Born”
Answer – 1.“Sustaining Breastfeeding Together”
World Breastfeeding Week (WBW) is an annual celebration which is being held every year from 1 to 7 August. It was first celebrated in 1992 by World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA) and is now observed in over 120 countries by United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), World Health Organization (WHO) and their partners including individuals, organizations, and governments.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.