Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- The India – UAE cultural celebrations festival was launched at _________ with a tribute video featuring both Mahatma Gandhi and late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan
Answer – B.Abu Dhabi
India-UAE Cultural Celebrations: a cultural partnership for a positive future is a cultural engagement programme between India and the United Arab Emirates, which celebrates the long-standing relationship between the two countries and looks to strengthen existing cultural and economic ties.
- Which Indian Naval Ship is on a two-month deployment in the south Indian Ocean with an aim to provide surveillance support in the region?
Answer – A.INS Shardul
The warship during the initial phase of deployment carried out joint EEZ (Exclusive Economic Zone) surveillance of Mauritius from March 8 to 26 in close coordination with that country’s National Coast Guard. After successful completion of joint EEZ Surveillance of Mauritius, the warship entered EEZ of the Seychelles on March 27, for Phase I of similar EEZ surveillance.
- Chief Minister of which State has launched ‘Deendayal Rasoi Yojana’ in 49 districts of the state?
Answer – C.Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has launched subsidized meal scheme at Rs.5 in Gwalior. This scheme helps people to get economical nutritious and good quality food under the Deendayal Rasoi Yojana at cheaper rates. It was launched in 49 districts across the state.
- Quoting of Aadhaar /Enrolment ID of Aadhaar application form, for filing IT returns and application for allotment of Permanent Account Number (PAN) will be mandatory with effect from:
A.April 1, 2018
B.January 1, 2018
C.October 1, 2017
D.July 1, 2017
Answer – D.July 1, 2017
The Finance Act, 2017 introduced Section 139AA of the Income-tax Act, 1961 which states mandatory quoting of Aadhaar /Enrolment ID of Aadhaar application form, for filing IT returns and application for allotment of Permanent Account Number (PAN) with effect from July 1.
- From July 2017, Madhya Pradesh Govt. will start a one year diploma course for teaching Hindu priesthood. This course has been named as:
Answer – A.‘Purohityam’
The Madhya Pradesh Government-run Maharshi Patanjali Sanskrit Sansthan plans to launch one year diploma course from July 2017 known as “Diploma in Purohityam“for teaching priesthood. This course will be offered to all irrespective of caste, gender or religion.
- The responsibility to operate Unit 1 of Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant, the country’s largest nuclear power generation unit, has been handed over to India. This joint venture plant has been built in collaboration with:
Answer – B. Russia
The Moscow-based ASE Group of Companies, a subsidiary of ROSATOM State Atomic Energy Corporation said the entrusting of the responsibility to India follows signing of a joint statement by it and the Nuclear Power Corporation of India, confirming the fulfilment of all warranty terms and obligations of the overseas contractor.
- India has ranked _____ out of 136 countries on Global Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report 2017 published by World Economic Forum (WEF)
Answer – C.40th
This marks a commendable jump of 12 spots as compared to previous year’s rank. International openness reflected through strong policy reforms such as implementing visa on arrival and e-visas and improvements in the country’s surface transport infrastructure are the reasons responsible for improvement in India’s rank this year.
- India has ranked ______ out of 41 countries in bribery and corrupt practices in businesses as per the EY (Ernst & Young) Europe, Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA) Fraud Survey 2017.
Answer – D.9th
The ranking has improved marginally since 2015 in which India ranked 6th. Improvement in India’s rank has been attributed to emphasis on transparency in governance and better regulatory scrutiny. Countries which rank higher than India in this survey are: Ukraine, Cyprus, Greece, Slovenia, Croatia, Kenya, South Africa and Hungary.
- India has signed $175 million loan agreement with which international financial organisation for improving Solar Transmission System?
A.Asian Development Bank
B.International Monetary Fund
D.New Development Bank
Answer – A.Asian Development Bank
The Government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) have signed a $175 million loan agreement to support construction of high voltage transmission systems. The project will improve the capacity and efficiency of interstate transmission networks, particularly in transmitting the electricity generated from the new solar parks to the national grid.
- As per ‘Asian Development Outlook, 2017’ released by Asian Development Bank (ADB), the Indian economy is estimated to grow by ____ per cent in 2017-18 and 7.6 per cent in the next fiscal
A.7.1 per cent
B.7.2 per cent
C.7.3 per cent
D.7.4 per cent
Answer – D.7.4 cent
The ADB report mentioned that impact of the demonetisation of high value banknotes is dissipating as the replacement banknotes enter circulation. It also added that stronger consumption and fiscal reforms are also expected to improve business confidence and investment prospects in India. The Indian economy is estimated to have grown by 7.1 per cent during last fiscal.
- Aerospace firm of which country has signed a $2 billion contract with India to supply medium and long range missile defence systems?
State-owned Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) announced that it has been awarded its largest defence contract of almost $2 billion for supplying advanced medium-range surface-to-air missile systems (MRSAM) to India. IAI said it would also supply additional long-range air and missile defence systems (LRSAM) for the first locally produced Indian aircraft carrier.
- Who among the following will be awarded 64th National Film Award in ‘Best Actor’ category?
A.Salman Khan for Sultan
B.Shahid Kapoor for Udta Punjab
C.Amitabh Bachchan for Pink
D.Akshay Kumar for Rustom
Answer – D. Akshay Kumar for Rustom
64th National Film Awards honouring best films and film related performances for the year 2016 were announced on 7th April 2017.The National Film Awards would be presented by Honourable President of India at a ceremony which is scheduled to be held on 3rd May 2017.
- Which gallantry award has been conferred on Lance Havildar Prem Bahadur Resmi Magar posthumously?
D.Param Vishisht Seva Medal
Answer – B.Kirti Chakra
Lance Havildar Prem Bahadur Resmi Magar of Gorkha Rifles has been conferred with Kirti Chakra by President Pranab Mukherjee at the defence investiture ceremony in New Delhi. The second highest peacetime gallantry award has been presented to the late Lance Havildar for his action in Jammu and Kashmir operation on June 16, 2016.
- Dave Smith of Australia has been appointed as Indian national coach of which sport?
Answer – B.Race Walking
Vijay Goel Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports has approved the appointment of foreign coaches and support staff for India’s athletics disciplines on April 6, 2017. The foreign coach selection committee lead by sports secretary recommended the name of the foreign coaches. They will work with Indian team until 2020 Olympics which will be hosted by Japan and they will be subject to performance review annually.
- Who among the following will head the Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) programme at Department of Science and Technology (DST) under Union Ministry of Science and Technology?
A.P R Laxminathan
B.L V Bhagwat
C.K R Murli Mohan
D.C K Ragahvan
Answer – C.C.K. Murli Mohan
The Department of Science and Technology (DST) under Union Ministry of Science and Technology has initiated a Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) programme. This programme has a financial outlay of Rs. 3000 crore, out of which Rs. 100 crore have been earmarked in the current financial year itself.
- ISRO and Indian Agriculture Ministry have decided to team up to Geo-Tag agricultural assets. What is the purpose behind this tie-up?
A.Better land and crop management
B.Formulating schemes for development in the agricultural sector
C.Getting real time status of agricultural assets
D.All of the above
Answer – D.All of the above
Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh is going to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with National Remote Sensing Agency (NRSA), ISRO, for geo-tagging the agriculture land created under Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojna (RKVA) in the country.
- For the first time, astronomers have detected an atmosphere around which exoplanet ?
Answer – A.GJ 1132b
Astronomers have detected an atmosphere around the super-Earth GJ 1132b. This marks the first time that an atmosphere has been detected around an Earth-like planet. The exoplanet GJ 1132b, which orbits the dwarf star GJ 1132, is located about 39 light-years away from Earth.
- India’s first DNA bank for wild animals will be setup by the Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI) located at __________ in Uttar Pradesh.
Answer – C.Bareilly
IVRI scientists are collecting DNA samples and serum of all wild animals for DNA bank. Now it has nearly 140 samples of 25 wild animals. Once the bank starts functioning, it will be able to tell the name and schedule of the species from a part of the meat, hair, blood, skin or bone of any animal.
- PV Sindhu attained her best ever world ranking by rising to ______ position on the latest Badminton World Federation rankings list
Answer – A. World No. 2
Rio Olympics silver medallist P V Sindhu has achieved a career-best world number two ranking in the latest Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings list. The 21-year-old from Hyderabad became the second Indian woman after Saina Nehwal to smash into the top-five of the world rankings by earning 75759 points.
- US based National Basketball Association (NBA) has launched India’s first basketball school in which city?
Answer – C.Mumbai
US based National Basketball Association (NBA) has launched its first basketball school in Mumbai, India on April 7, 2017. More schools will be opened in India and around the world in this year.
- Don Rickles, who passed away in USA on April 6, 2017, was a legendary:
Answer – C.Comedian
Rickles earned the nickname “Mr. Warmth” because of his insult comedy. He landed a small part in Robert Wise’s submarine drama “Run Silent, Run Deep” (1958), starring Clark Gable.
- Ikutaro Kakehashi, who passed away on April 1, 2017, was a pioneer of:
C.Open Heart Surgery
Answer – D.Digital Music
The founder of the iconic electronic musical instrument manufacturer Roland, Ikutaro Kakehashi died in Japan. He was 87. Kakehashi is also the godfather of Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI) which was developed by Kakehashi with Dave Smith.
- ‘World Health Day’ is celebrated on which date every year?
Answer – C.7th April
Every year, World Health day is observed on 7th April since 1950 to celebrate the founding day of World Health Organization in 1948. 2017 campaign is based on depression. This year’s theme of World Health Day is ‘Depression: Let’s Talk’.