Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 26 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- What was the 2017 theme of ‘World Intellectual Property Day (WIP)’, celebrated on April 26, 2017?
1.“Innovation for Sustainable Development”
2.“Innovation – Improving Lives”
3.“Protecting the Rights of Innovators”
4.“Innovation for Inclusive Growth”
5.“Innovation – Towards Green Future”Answer – 2.“Innovation – Improving Lives”
World Intellectual Property Day is celebrated to learn about the role that intellectual property rights (patents, trademarks, industrial designs, copyright) play in encouraging innovation and creativity. This year’s theme explores how innovation is making our lives healthier, safer, and more comfortable, turning problems into progress.
- Which among the following is a key provision of the draft model law ‘Agricultural Produce and Livestock Marketing (Promotion and Facilitating) Act (APLM), 2017’?
1.The draft model law seeks to establish a regulated wholesale agri-market at a distance of every 80 km.
2.Only by paying unified single fee, farmer/trader will be able to transact in all such regulated agri-markets within the state.
3.Specific limits on market fees and commission charges payable by a farmer.
4.All regulatory powers, including the power to issue new licences will lie with the office of the director of agricultural marketing in the state.
5.All of the aboveAnswer – 5.All of the above
This draft model law seeks to liberalise the trade in agri-products and livestock and will thereby help in doubling farmers’ income by 2022 as farmers will have more avenues to sell their produce and get better prices.
- How many new Iconic places will be taken under the Phase II of Swachh Iconic Places initiative for raising the standard of swachhta and visitors’ amenities?
1.five iconic places
2.ten iconic places
3.fifteen iconic places
4.twenty iconic places
5.twenty five iconic placesAnswer – 2.ten iconic places
These ten new iconic places are: 1. Gangotri, 2. Yamunotri. 3. Mahakaleshwar Temple, Ujjain, 4. Char Minar, Hyderabad, 5. Church and Convent of St. Francis of Assissi, Goa, 6. Adi Shankaracharya’s abode Kaladi in Ernakulam, 7. Gomateshwar in Shravanbelgola, 8. Baijnath Dham, Devghar, 9. Gaya Tirth in Bihar and 10. Somnath temple in Gujarat.
- Subscribers of which Govt. Yojana can now have online access to their statement of transaction (e-SOT)?
1.Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
3.Pradhan Mantri Aawas Yojana
4.Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana
5.Atal Pension YojanaAnswer – 5.Atal Pension Yojana
The subscribers of Atal Pension Yojana (APY) can now have online access to their statement of transaction (e-SOT) and Permanent Retirement Account Number (e-PRAN). Through the newly launched online tool, APY subscribers can get account related information viz. pension commencement date, pension amount, transaction details, name of the nominee, name of the associated bank etc.
- Which country will host 18th World Road Meeting(WRM 2017) on November 13, 2017?
5.South AfricaAnswer – 1.India
The WRM, the biggest global platform for road engineers, safety and transport experts and companies engaged in road safety products, will be attended by over 4,000 delegates from across the world. The theme of this year’s edition is ‘Safe Roads and Smart Mobility: The Engines of Economic Growth’.
- Which among the following has become India’s first public hospital to start plaque brachy therapy facility for the treatment of eye tumours?
1.All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
4.Kokilaben Ambani Hospital
5.P D Hinduja HospitalAnswer – 1.All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
The facility is a form of local radiation delivered to the eye through a radioactive device which is attached to the eye for a temporary period of time. It will treat children suffering from a type of cancer called Retinoblastoma and adults who suffer from melanoma.
- Which State Govt. has set up an anti-land mafia task force?
5.KarnatakaAnswer – 3.Uttar Pradesh
Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh has set up a high-powered task force in UP to ensure that the land mafia and the encroachers are brought to book and land or property grabbing can be stopped. The task force has been empowered to take action even against those who encroach on public land in the name of religion.
- G-20 Finance Ministers’ and Central Bank Governors’ Meeting was held on 21 April, 2017 in:
5.Washington D.C., USAnswer – 5.Washington D.C., US
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley was on an official visit to United States from 21st to 25th April 2017. On April 21, 2017, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley along with Mr. Urjit Patel and Mr. Shaktikanta Das attended the G-20 Finance Ministers’ and Central Bank Governors’ Meeting in Washington D.C.
- A Pakistan court has allowed Hindus to worship at a Shiva temple in _______district which had been off-limits to them for 20 years.
5.FaisalabadAnswer – 2.Abbottabad
A bench of the Peshawar High Court (PHC) headed by Justice Ateeq Hussain Shah permitted Hindus to worship at the Shiv Jee temple of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa under section 20 of the Constitution. The temple had been closed for any religious activity over a property dispute.
- Which private sector bank has announced a tie-up with Paisabazaar.com under which the bank will offer conditionally approved loans to the latter’s existing customers?
5.Kotak Mahindra BankAnswer – 3.Yes Bank
As part of the partnership, Yes bank will help Paisabazaar.com through its advanced analytics and data mining capabilities to offer customers of the financial marketplace with customised and conditionally approved offers across retail lending products.
- Which state’s Rural Development and Panchayat Raj (RDPR) Department has bagged e-Puraskar Award for the best performance in empowering panchayats by using Information and Communication Technology (ICT) tools, for 2016-17?
5.KarnatakaAnswer – 5.Karnataka
Among other states, Kerala bagged the second prize, while West Bengal secured third prize in the category of ICT tools. The cash prize for the first position is Rs. 2 crore, Rs. 1 crore for second position and Rs. 50 lakh for third position.
- On April 25, 2017, who among the following released Joint operational doctrine for army, navy, air force unveiled?
1.President Pranab Mukherjee
2.Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari
3.Prime Minister Narendra Modi
4.Defence Minister Arun Jaitley
5.Chairman of the chiefs of staff committee (CoSC) & Navy Chief Sunil LanbaAnswer – 5.Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee (CoSC) & Navy Chief Sunil Lanba
A “joint doctrine” envisaging deeper operational synergies among the army, navy and air force was unveiled on April 25, 2017. The three defence services will now follow a unified approach to deal with all possible security challenges including conventional and proxy wars. Navy Chief Admiral Sunil Lanba, the Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee (COSC) released the document in presence of Army Chief Gen. Bipin Rawat and IAF Chief B S Dhanoa.
- On April 26, 2017 which Asian country launched its first home-built aircraft carrier that was temporarily named Type 001A?
5.IndonesiaAnswer – 3.China
The carrier, 315 metres long and 75 metres wide, has a cruising speed of 31 knots and a displacement of 70,000 tonnes. It is slightly larger than the Liaoning, China’s first aircraft carrier, which was refurbished from the semi-completed Soviet carrier Varyag, which Beijing bought from a Ukrainian shipyard in 1998.
- Which institute has launched a web application that provides soil nutrient information and fertiliser recommendation for coffee plantation owners?
4.IIM – Kozhikode
5.Coffee Board of IndiaAnswer – 4.IIM – Kozhikode
Using this application, coffee growers can identify optimum levels of fertilizer use. Developed by the IIITM-K’s Computational and Data Analytics, Geo-Infomatics and Agri-Informatics teams, the Kaapi Soil Health Management and Monitoring (KSHEMAM) application, available on www.indiacoffeesoils.net , is a GIS-enabled support system developed for the central Ministry of Commerce.
- Scientists have found that _________, a caterpillar commercially bred for fishing bait has the ability to biodegrade polyethylene
5.Wax WormAnswer – 5.Wax Worm
This chance discovery happened when scientist and amateur beekeeper Federica Bertocchini picked parasitic wax worms from the honeycomb of her beehives and left them sitting in a plastic bag. When she returned to the bag, it was riddled with holes and many of the worms had escaped.
- India has won how many medals at US Open Karate Championship held in Las Vegas?
5.20 medalsAnswer – 4.16 medals
India finished with a rich haul of three gold, two silver and 11 bronze medals at the US Open Karate Championship held in Las Vegas. Shaifali Agarwal, Abhishek Sengupta won a gold medal, a silver in two different individual events. India also won a gold medal in the team event.
- Rasa Popov, who passed away on April 19, 2017, was a:
1.Serbian Chess Player
2.Serbian Ice Hockey Player
5.Serbian DiplomatAnswer – 3.Serbian Writer
Rasa Popov, legendary Serbian writer, publisher, actor and longtime broadcast journalist, associate of Mokrinski newspapers, star of children’s TV show Tips & Tricks (Fazoni i Fore) passed away in Belgrade at the age of 84.
- ‘International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day’ is observed on which date every year?
5.26th AprilAnswer – 5.26th April
An explosion at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in 1986 spread a radioactive cloud over large parts of the Soviet Union, now the territories of Belarus, Ukraine and the Russian Federation. Nearly 8.4 million people in the three countries were exposed to the radiation. On 8 December 2016 the United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution designating 26 April as International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day.
- Ballabgarh town in Faridabad district of Haryana has been renamed as:
5.BalchandgarhAnswer – 4.Balramgarh
Ballabgarh was a princely State, founded by Balram Singh in 1739. It is Situated around 30 km from Delhi on National Highway-2. Ballabgarh is a town and a tehsil (sub-division).
- Which private sector bank has won the prestigious ‘Golden Peacock Innovative Product/Service Award 2017’ for its innovative mobile technology product, SIMsePAY?
3.Karur Vysya Bank
5.Federal BankAnswer – 4.Yes Bank
The award was presented at the Dubai Global Convention 2017 for the 27th World Congress on Leadership for Business Excellence & Innovation. The Golden Peacock Awards, instituted by the Institute of Directors, India in 1991, are regarded as a benchmark of Corporate Excellence worldwide.