Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 19 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- Union Cabinet has given its approval for procurement of VVPAT Units for use in the General Elections, 2019. Abbreviation VVPAT stands for:
1.Voter Validation Paper Audit Trail
2.Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail
3.Voter Verifiable Paper Authentication Trail
4.Voter Validation Paper Authentication Trail
5.Voter Verifiable Paper Account TrailAnswer – 2.Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail
Govt. will purchase total 16,15,000 VVPAT units during 2017-18 and 2018-19. Tentative price of each unit is Rs. 19650/-. These units will be purchased from Bharat Electronics Ltd., Bangalore and Electronics Corporation of India Ltd., Hyderabad.
- Union Cabinet has approved signing of the Protocol amending the Convention between India and ______ for avoidance of Double Taxation
5.ItalyAnswer – 1.Portugal
In order to ensure prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income, Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing of a Protocol amending the Convention between India and Portugal for avoidance of double taxation.
- Union Cabinet has decided to impose a ban on the use of red beacons atop vehicles of government officials and VIPs. This rule will be effective from:
1.September 1, 2017
2.August 1, 2017
3.July 1, 2017
4.June 1, 2017
5.May 1, 2017Answer – 5.May 1, 2017
The ban also applies to vehicles of Prime Minister, President, Vice-President, Chief Justice of India, Chief Ministers of States, Central and State Cabinet ministers, Judges of High Courts and Supreme Court and all bureaucrats. Beacons will be allowed only for emergency vehicles viz. ambulances and fire brigades as well as for police and army vehicles.
- Which yojana has introduced by West Bengal Govt. that converging five separate beneficiary schemes for workers in unorganised sectors and self-employed people?
2.Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna
4.Janani Suraksha Yojana
5.Social Security YojanaAnswer –5.Social Security Yojana
Around 5 crore people will be benefitted with the introduction of Social Security Yojana with around 1 crore direct beneficiaries. People will be deriving more benefits with the introduction of the new single scheme compared to that of the previous five different schemes.
- Which State Govt. signed a power purchase agreement (PPA) with the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) to supply 24 per cent of electricity generated from an upcoming ultra mega solar project in the state?
5.PunjabAnswer – 1.Madhya Pradesh
This agreement is for supplying electricity to DMRC from the Rewa ultra mega solar project to be set up in Madhya Pradesh. Rewa Ultra Mega Solar (RUMS) project is a joint venture of Solar Energy Corporation of India and MP Urja Vikas Nigam, where in both parties have 50 per cent stake.
- As per the report, titled ‘Youth in India‘, released by released by Ministry of statistics and programme implementation, sex ratio in India will dip to ______ girls for 1,000 boys in 2031
5.868 girlsAnswer – 2.898 girls
The report mentioned that “reduction in sex ratio of youth is found to be much more than that of the overall population. It has come down to 939 in 2011 from 961 in 1971 and is projected to decline further to 904 in 2021 and to 898 by 2031”.
- Uttar Pradesh State Govt. has decided to rename Agra airport as
1.Subhash Chandra Bose Airport
2.Chandra Shekhar Azad Airport
3.Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Airport
4.Bhagat Singh Airport
5.Dr. B R Ambedkar AirportAnswer – 3.Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Airport
In a state cabinet meeting headed by CM Yogi Adityanath, a decision was taken to name the civil terminal being constructed in Gorakhpur Air Force Station after Maha Yogi Gorakhnathji. Likewise, Agra airport will now be named after Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya.
- The Human Resource and Development (HRD) Ministry has formed a committee to review the recommendations made by a University Grants Commission (UGC) panel on implementation of the 7th Pay Commission in educational institutions. This committee is head by:
1.Amit Kumar Verma
2.Vaibhav Narayan Tripathi
4.Kewal Kumar Sharma
5.Rakesh Narayan MishraAnswer – 4.Kewal Kumar Sharma
Union HRD minister Prakash Javadekar has said that “Seventh Pay Review committee for implementing the recommendations (of the 7th pay commission) in educational institutions, universities and colleges has submitted its report to the Ministry. I have constituted a committee headed by Higher education secretary Mr. Kewal Kumar Sharma to study them”.
- India has ranked at _____ position in the 2017 A.T. Kearney Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Confidence Index
5.12th positionAnswer – 1.8th position
India ranked at 8th position in the 2017 A.T. Kearney Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Confidence Index. In 2016 edition of this index, India ranked at 9th position. US has topped A.T. Kearney Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Confidence Index for the fifth year in a row.
- US President Donald Trump has ordered federal agencies to look at tightening the H1B visa programme. This decision is part of which agenda followed by Trump administration?
5.’America Leads’Answer – 2.’America First’
H1B visas are intended for foreign nationals in occupations that generally require higher education, including science, engineering or computer programming. This move is a deterrent to Indian IT companies which sends hundreds of software engineers to the US on H1B visas.
- In the latest World Economic Outlook (WEO), International Monetary Fund (IMF)has cut down India’s growth forecast for year 2017 by 0.4 percentage points to ______ %
5.7.6%Answer – 3.7.2%
The report mentions that India’s growth prospects in medium term are favourable. If reforms are carried out as per the plans and supply-side concerns are addressed, India’s growth rate is expected to be 8% in the medium term.
- Which private sector bank’s Data Centre in Hyderabad has achieved the distinction of becoming the country’s first Platinum rated project under IGBC Green Data Centre Rating System?
5.Kotak Mahindra BankAnswer – 4.ICICI Bank
IGBC Green Data Centre Rating System would facilitate in providing tremendous tangible and intangible benefits. Tangible benefits include: 20 to 25 per cent reduction in Power Usage Effectiveness, 25 to 30 per cent reduction in water consumption. Intangible benefits include enhanced air quality, excellent day light, health and well-being of the staff operating in such facility.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has permitted banks to invest up to ____ per cent of the unit capital of the Real Estate Investment Trust (REITs) or Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs)
1.10 per cent
2.12 per cent
3.14 per cent
4.16 per cent
5.18 per centAnswer – 1 .10 per cent
RBI has also mentioned that banks’ exposure to REITs/InvITs will be within the overall ceiling of 20 per cent of the net worth permitted for direct investments in shares, convertible bonds/ debentures, units of equity-oriented mutual funds and Venture Capital Funds (VCFs).
- Rajasthan State Govt. has signed a revised MoU with which company for a 9 million metric tonne crude oil refinery at Barmer?
5.Cairn IndiaAnswer – 3.HPCL
After prolonged negotiations that lasted over three years, Rajasthan State Govt. has signed a revised MoU with HPCL for a 9 million metric tonne crude oil refinery at Barmer that would require investments of Rs 43,129 crore and produce fuels meeting BS-VI specifications.
- Which novel by Aniruddhan Vasudevan has been chosen for the translation prize in English 2016 by Sahitya Akademi?
1.’Women In India’
2.’Plight of Women’
3.’One Part Woman’
4.’Journey of a Woman’
5.’Struggle of a Woman’Answer – 3.’One Part Woman’
Aniruddhan Vasudevan’s One Part Woman, a translation of Perumal Murugan’s controversial Tamil novel Maadhorubaagan, has been chosen for the translation prize in English 2016 by Sahitya Akademi. The selection was based on the recommendations made by a jury comprising Malayalam poet and critic K. Satchidanandan, writer Githa Hariharan and translator and historian A.R. Vankatachalapathy.
- Hindu youth from Pakistan, named __________has been selected for the prestigious ‘Emerging Young Leaders Award’given by the US State Department
5.Manohar SinghAnswer – 4.Raj Kumar
Raj Kumar, a Hindu youth from Pakistan has been selected for the prestigious ‘Emerging Young Leaders Award’ given by the US State Department for his positive role in building sustainable peace. This is the 2nd edition of ‘Emerging Young Leaders Award’. Along with Raj Kumar, 9 other youngsters from Malta, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Algeria, Tajikistan, Belgium, Vietnam, Peru and Israel have also been chosen for this award.
- Who among the following has been appointed as the new chairman of the Bhakra Beas Management Board (BBMB)?
3.Devendra Kumar Sharma
5.Harshvardhan MalhotraAnswer – 3.Devendra Kumar Sharma
The appointment committee of the Union cabinet approved DK Sharma’s name, and the power ministry will issue a formal order soon. The appointment is for a period of three years on deputation from the date of assuming charge.
- Who among the following became the first cricketer to score 10,000 runs in T20 cricket?
4.AB de Villiers
5.Brad HodgeAnswer – 3.Chris Gayle
Chris Gayle accomplished this feat while playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore against Gujarat Lions in an Indian Premier League (IPL), 2017 match. Before the start of the 2017 IPL, Gayle needed 63 runs to reach the 10,000 milestone.
- Who among the following became the first visually impaired Indian runner to complete the historic Boston Marathon?
5.Naveen ShuklaAnswer – 1.Sagar Baheti
Sagar Baheti completed a distance of 42.16 kilometres in just over four hours. The 31-year old runner finished the 121st Boston Marathon as one of 30000 runners. It was supported by the Massachusetts Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (MABVI).
- Who among the following have been named as commentators by ICC for the upcoming Champions Trophy, scheduled to be held in England from 1-8 June 2017.
1.Kapil Dev and Alan Border
2.Sachin Tendular and Steve Waugh
3.Sourav Ganguly and Ricky Ponting
4.Rahul Dravid and Bruce Reid
5.Sunil Gavaskar and David BoonAnswer – 3.Saourav Ganguly and Ricky Ponting
Some of the other former captains in the commentator line-up include Brendon McCullum of New Zealand, Kumar Sangakkara of Sri Lanka and Graeme Smith of South Africa. This tournament will see a state-of-the-art coverage through 34 cameras at every game, including eight ultra-motion Hawk-Eye cameras, front and reverse view stump cameras and a Spidercam.
- Which Maoist Leader passed away on April 18, 2017?
3.K N Ramachandran
5.Dipankar RanaAnswer – 2.Narayan Sanyal
Narayan Sanyal played a key role in merger of Naxalite factions. Sanyal was known for his keen interest in football. He was born in an affluent family in undivided Bengal’s Bogra district.