Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
Click Here to Read Current Affairs April 14 2017
- Which state has achieved 108% target under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Yojana (MGNREGS)?
D.HaryanaAnswer – C. Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Anil Sharma has said that under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Yojana (MGNREGS), 240 lakh mandays were generated against target of 218 lakh mandays during 2016-17 spending `625 crore against `396 crore target and the achievement was 108 per cent.
- Which airline operator has unveiled a special initiative called ‘Khel Yatra’ to identify and appreciate young budding talents from the underprivileged sections of the society?
D.IndiGoAnswer – A. SpiceJet
An inter-school 100 meter athletic competition Khel Yatra is a special initiative supported by SpiceJet to identify and appreciate young budding talents from the underprivileged sections of the society. The tournament enticed the budding participants with some very exciting prizes wherein the first prize was a round trip air tickets within India.
- Who among the following will direct a Biopic on Dalit Cricketer Baloo Palwankar?
D.Anurag BasuAnswer – B. Tigmanshu Dhulia
During an upheaval in the colonial India, a Dalit bowler became known for his heroic struggle. Filmmaker Tigmanshu Dhulia is now all set to make a biopic on the cricketer. Titled “Baloo”, the film will chronicle the story of the left-arm spinner Baloo Palwankar, who played for the Hindu Gymkhana Club in the early 1900s.
- April 13, 2017 marked the 98th anniversary of which incident related to Indian National Movement?
B.Execution of Bhagat Singh and other revolutionaries
C.Announcement of Cabinet Mission Plan
D.Jallianwala Bagh MassacreAnswer – D. Jallianwala Bagh Massacre
On April 13, 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh recalled the martyrs of Jallianwala Bagh massacre in Punjab, saying that their heroism will never be forgotten. The massacre occurred on April 13, 1919, when non-violent protesters, along with Baisakhi pilgrims, were subjected to unprovoked firing by the British Indian Army troops, commanded by Colonel Reginald Dyer.
- Which State’s police department has initiated ‘Tare Zameen Par’ programme for underprivileged children?
D.RajasthanAnswer – A. Jharkhand
With a motive to enlighten children in naxal-affected areas of Jharkhand’s Palamau district, Jharkhand Police has initiated Tare Zameen Par program to encourage children to lead happy lives. Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG), Vipul Shukla appealed to locals to donate bags, shoes, books and clothes that will be distributed among poor children.
- Which police squads have been launched by Haryana State Govt. to stop harassment of women in public places?
D.’Gulabi Squad’Answer – B. ‘Durga Vahini’
The Durga Vahini team comprises woman personnel, including nine Sub-inspectors of Police, 14 Assistant Sub-inspectors, six Head Constables and 13 constables, besides other police officers from each district. The campaign Operation Durga was launched after identifying places where such anti-social elements were indulging in eve teasing, vulgar comments, stalking and other similar activities.
- What is the code-name of operation launched by Indian Armed Forces in 1984 to capture the Siachen Glacier in the Jammu and Kashmir?
D.’Operation Cactus’Answer –C. ‘Operation Meghdoot’
‘Operation Meghdoot’, code-name for an Indian Armed Forces operation, was launched 33 years ago in 1984. It was launched to capture the Siachen Glacier in the Jammu and Kashmir. This military operation was unique as it was the first assault launched at the world’s highest battlefield. The military action resulted in Indian troops gaining control of the entire Siachen Glacier.
- Which recommendations pertaining to cab safety measures for women commuters given by Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) have been included in New Taxi Policy Guidelines?
A.The taxis should be mandatorily fitted with GPS panic devices.
B.The central locking system in the taxis should not be allowed.
C.The driver’s identification along with the photo and registration number of the vehicle must be displayed in the taxi
D.All of the aboveAnswer – D. All of the above
These measures have been recommended by the WCD Minister, Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi to the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and Shipping. The recommendations were made because of numerous cases of sexual harassment of women in cabs.
- Which Bollywood actress has featured in Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia list?
D.Anushka SharmaAnswer – A. Alia Bhatt
Actress Alia Bhatt has featured in Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia list. She is the only Bollywood actress who has made it to the list this year. Alia got her name in the elite list after acting in some of the highest earning films and for giving best performances in recent times.
- Which country has raised $9 billion through its first global Islamic bond issue?
D.QatarAnswer – B. Saudi Arabia
The sale of Islamic bonds, known as sukuks, comes after the Saudi Arabia turned to the conventional global debt market for the first time October 2016, raising $17.5 billion in a bond issue.
- The United States has dropped _______________- the largest non-nuclear bomb in Afghanistan targeting ISIS tunnels.
A.’king of all bombs’
B.’father of all bombs’
C.’mother of all bombs’
D.’big brother of all bombs’Answer – C. ‘mother of all bombs’
The United States dropped the most powerful non-nuclear bomb in its arsenal on what it said was an ISIS cave complex in remote Afghanistan. The bomb is formally called the GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast. It can obliterate everything within a 1,000-yard radius.
- Which financial institution has approved $375 million loanto India for developing its first waterway project – The National Waterway 1?
A.International Monetary Fund
B.New Development Bank
C.Asian Development Bank
D.World BankAnswer – D. World Bank
World Bank has approved $375 million loan to India for developing its first waterway project – The National Waterway 1. Under this project, a navigable stretch of 1360 km will be developed on River Ganga from Varanasi (in Uttar Pradesh) to Haldia (in West Bengal). The loan has maturity of 17 years and grace period of 7 years.
- Loans extended under the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana(PMMY) during 2016-17 have crossed the target of Rs. ______
A.Rs. 1.8 lakh crore
B.Rs. 2.8 lakh crore
C.Rs. 3.8 lakh crore
D.Rs. 4.8 lakh croreAnswer – A. Rs. 1.8 lakh crore
Sanctions under PMMY currently stand at Rs. 1,80,087 crore with final data still awaited from some of the smaller non-banking lenders. Of this amount, Rs. 1,23,000 crore was lent by banks while non-banking institutions lent about Rs. 57,000 crore.
- Which operation has been launched by Income Tax Department to probe over 60000 individuals including 1300 ‘high risk’ individuals, who undertook high value cash transactions during note ban period?
A.Operation Black Money II
B.Operation Clean Money II
C.Operation Swachh Dhan II
D.Operation Dhan Chase IIAnswer – B. Operation Clean Money II
In this second phase of Operation Clean Money, the target group comprises of Businesses such as petrol pumps, hospitals and other essential services which have deposited much higher amount of cash during note ban period as compared to the previous period, Central and State Govt. employees including PSU employees who made large cash deposits, High Value Purchasers, Those who laundered money through shell companies, Individuals who did not respond to ITD queries under the first phase of Operation Clean Money.
- Centralized Processing Centre (CPC) of Income Tax Department is located in:
D.ChennaiAnswer – C. Bengaluru
The Department of Post has allotted a new pin code to the Central Processing Centre (CPC) to ensure that letters and mails sent by taxpayers and assessees are not lost and reach the centre without delay. The new pin code is–560500– while the CPC earlier used to sport the old pin code of–560100.
- Which Indian billionaire has acquired over 11 per cent stake in British mining company Anglo American?
D.Anil AgarwalAnswer – D. Anil Agarwal
With an 11.44 per cent stake, the London-based Anil Agarwal’s family-owned Volcan Holdings investment firm becomes the second largest shareholder with voting rights in the company. The transaction for a total of 160,685,162 shares took place on April 11, 2017.
- On April, 14, 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modiwas on a day-long visit to ________for a series of programmes to commemorate 126th birth anniversary of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar
D.KolahpurAnswer – C. Nagpur
PM Modi started the day by visiting sacred Deekshabhoomi and paid tributes to Dr. Ambedkar. ‘Deekshabhoomi’ is a sacred place associated with Dr. Ambedkar. On October14, 1956, Dr. Ambedkar along with his followers embraced Buddhism at this place.
- In a bid to encourage cashless transactions through the BHIM-Aadhar platform, PM Modi has announced two incentive schemes Referral Bonus & Cashback. These two schemes will be operational till:
A.July 14, 2017
B.October 14, 2017
C.January 14, 2018
D.April 14, 2018Answer – B. October 14, 2017
Under Referral Bonus (for consumers), existing users of BHIM app will get Rs. 10 cash bonus per successful referral. The individual, who adopts BHIM, too will get Rs. 10 credit. Under Cashback (for merchants), the merchants will get cashback for every transaction executed through BHIM-Aadhar platform. Rs. 485 crore has been allocated for implementing these two schemes.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification