AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 9 September 2022 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs recently (in Sept ‘22) extended the cease-fire agreement with the National Socialist Council of Nagaland-Khaplang (NSCN-K) Niki group to _________.
1) December 2022
2) January 2023
3) November 2022
4) August 2023
5) September 2023Answer-5) September 2023
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Government of India (GoI), has granted a one-year extension to the cease-fire agreement with the National Socialist Council of Nagaland-Khaplang (NSCN-K) Niki group, a split-off faction of the Naga insurgency organisation NSCN, with effect from September 8, 2022, to September 7, 2023.
i. The ceasefire agreement between the GoI and the NSCN (K) Niki has been in effect for a year, from September 2021.
ii. The NSCN was formed in 1980 but split into two groups NSCN-K & NSCN-IM in 1988 and The NSCN-K was founded by Myanmar-based SS Khaplang in 1988 after detaching from NSCN.
- In September 2022, the government of India set up a committee to review the formula to moderate the pricing of gas produced by companies.
The committee will be headed by whom?
1) Saket Kumar
2) Ajay Sareen
3) Rajesh Abrol
4) Kirit Shantilal Parikh
5) Suresh PrabhakarAnswer-4) Kirit Shantilal Parikh
The government of India (GoI) set up a Committee to review the formula to moderate the pricing of gas produced by companies.
i. The committee, chaired by Energy Expert Dr. Kirit Shantilal Parikh (Kirit S Parikh), a former Member of the Planning Commission(GoI), will include members from the fertiliser ministry, as well as gas producers and buyers.
ii. The committee aims to lower inflation and promote the use of cleaner fuel. It will suggest a “fair price to the end consumer”.
- Which company recently (in Sept ‘22) launched ‘Kisan Safalta Card’ to provide financing facilities for farmers?
1) Godrej Agrovet Ltd
2) Star Agribazaar Technology Pvt Ltd
3) Raghuvansh Agrofarms Ltd
4) Agrifeeder Agricultural Services Ltd
5) Goodricke Group LtdAnswer- 2) Star Agribazaar Technology Pvt Ltd
Star Agribazaar Technology Private Limited (Agribazaar), an electronic agri mandi, has launched ‘Agribazaar Kisan Safalta Card’, a farmer-centric card that supports farmers to meet their pre-harvest and post-harvest farm requirements and other related expenses.
i. The farmers can use the card to avail the financing facility. The funding through this is restricted to buying farm inputs.
- Name the bank that recently (in Sept ‘22) partnered with PayNearby Technologies to boost the bank’s priority sector lending (PSL) target segment.
1) IndusInd Bank
2) YES Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) HDFC BankAnswer-4) Axis Bank
Axis Bank has partnered with PayNearby Technologies Private Limited, a technology-based company to boost credit growth in meeting the bank’s priority sector lending (PSL) targets segment.
i. All Banks are required to extend 40 percent of their overall lending to priority sectors, which include loans to agriculture and Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sectors.
ii. Through this partnership, Axis Bank could reach the customers in remote regions and provide banking solutions digitally.
- Which bank recently (in Sept ‘22) collaborated with the WAAREE Energies Ltd to provide finance for solar projects?
1) Bank of Maharashtra
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Bank of Baroda
4) State Bank of India
5) Bank of IndiaAnswer-4) State Bank of India
The State Bank of India (SBI) and WAAREE Energies Ltd. (WAAREE), India’s largest manufacturer of solar photovoltaic (PV) panels, has signed an agreement for solar projects.
i. It enables WAAREE to obtain unsecured financing for solar projects through SBI’s Surya Shakti Solar Finance Scheme and to provide working capital for its channel partners through the Electronic Dealer Finance Scheme (EDFS).
ii. Through the Surya Shakti Solar Fund Scheme, WAAREE aims to use a credit line worth over Rs. 500 crores and offer loan applicants a digital platform to seamlessly finance solar projects.
- Name the personality who was recently (in Sept ‘22) appointed as the Secretary General of the All India Football Federation (AIFF).
1) Kushal Das
2) Shaji Prabhakaran
3) Kalyan Chaubey
4) Sunando Dhar
5) Subrata PaulAnswer-2) Shaji Prabhakaran
The All India Football Federation (AIFF) appointed Shaji Prabhakaran as its new Secretary General who resigned the post of Football Delhi president.
i. The appointment of Prabhakaran as Secretary General and Sunando Dhar as the new Deputy Secretary General of the sports body was carried out by the newly-formed executive committee of the AIFF, whose president is Kalyan Chaubey.
- Who was recently (in Sept ‘22) appointed as the Brand Ambassador of Pintola, an Indian Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company?
1) Gurpreet Singh Sandhu
2) Subrata Paul
3) Manpreet Singh
4) Sunil Chhetri
5) Sandesh JinghanAnswer-4) Sunil Chhetri
Indian superfood brand Pintola, the Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company has appointed renowned Indian Football Captain Sunil Chhetri as Brand Ambassador.
i. In 20 years of Sunil Chhetri’s professional career, this was his first partnership with an FMCG company in India.
- Who recently (in Sept ‘22) won a gold medal in the Malaysian Age Group Rapid Chess Championship in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia?
1) Divya Deshmukh
2) Anishka Biyani
3) Nutakki Priyanka
4) Priti Deshmukh
5) Rakshitta RaviAnswer-2) Anishka Biyani
Anishka Biyani, a 6-year-old girl from Mumbai (Maharashtra), won a gold medal in the Malaysian Age Group Rapid Chess Championship in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
i. Anishka, a first-grade student achieved the feat in the Under-6 Open category (girl’s category) with a score of 4 points out of a possible six to clinch the title.
ii. She was also qualified as one of the best Under-7 players in the All India FIDE (The International Chess Federation) Rating Chess Tournament held in Yousufguda, Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Padma awardee Ramchandra Manjhi recently (in Sept ‘22) passed away. In which field did he receive Padma Shri award in 2021?
1) Science and Engineering
2) Social work
3) Literature & Education
5) ArtAnswer-5) Art
Padma Shri Ramchandra Manjhi, renowned Bhojpuri folk dancer (well known for Launda Naach) and theatre artist passed away in Patna, Bihar. He was born in Saran District, Bihar.
i. Manjhi was the one who gave international recognition to ‘Launda Naach’.
ii. In 2021, he was honoured with the Padma Shri award in the Arts field.
Note- ‘Launda Naach’- folk dance (men crossdress as women) of the Bhojpuri speaking Community of India, Nepal, Mauritius and the Caribbean Islands.
- Who authored the book, ‘India’s Economy From Nehru To Modi: A Brief History’?
1) Raghuram Rajan
2) Amartya Sen
3) Pulapre Balakrishnan
4) Sanjeev Sanyal
5) Kaushik BasuAnswer- 3) Pulapre Balakrishnan
A new book titled ‘India’s Economy From Nehru To Modi: A Brief History’ authored by Pulapre Balakrishnan, Professor of Economics, Ashoka University and published by Permanent Black in association with Ashoka University will be launched.
i. The book is about the economic progression of India from the time of Pandit. Jawaharlal Nehru to the current Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi.