AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 6 October 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which is the 1st Indian state to use ‘Make in India’ drones for delivery of COVID-19 vaccines under ‘ICMR’s Drone Response and Outreach in North East (i-Drone)’?
Union Health Minister Mansukh Laxmanbhai Mandaviya launched a delivery model namely ‘ICMR’s Drone Response and Outreach in North East (i-Drone)’. ICMR stands for New Delhi based Indian Council of Medical Research.
i. This is for the first time that a ‘Make in India’ drone was used in South Asia to transport COVID-19 vaccine in Manipur.
- Name India’s first ‘Vertical Lift Railway Bridge’ that will connect Rameswaram Island with mainland of Tamil Nadu.
1) Vembanad Rail Bridge
2) Bogibeel Rail Bridge
3) Nehru Setu Bridge
4) Pamban Railway Bridge
5) Adam’s Rail Bridge
Answer-4) Pamban Railway Bridge
The Ministry of Railways announced that the construction work of the new 2.05 km Pamban Railway Bridge in Mandapam will be completed by March 2022. The bridge will connect Rameswaram to the mainland in Tamil Nadu. It will be India’s first vertical lift railway bridge over the sea.
i. Railway Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) is developing the sea bridge with the cost of Rs 250 crore.
- Where will India’s 1st & World’s 3rd ‘Ropeway Public Transport’ be set up at the cost of Rs. 400 crores?
1) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
2) Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh
3) Haridwar, Uttarakhand
4) Kolkata, West Bengal
5) Puri, Odisha
Answer-1) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
India’s 1st and world’s 3rd ropeway for public transport was proposed to be constructed in the city of Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh to ease the traffic congestion. 80% of the cost will be supported by the centre, whereas the state government will take care of the remaining 20% cost.
i. Kashi Vishwanath Temple and Dashashwamedh Ghat will be easily accessible through this initiative.
- Which Small Finance Bank (SFB) recently (in Oct’ 21) launched a Current Account named ‘Supreme’ for Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)?
1) Equitas SFB
2) ESAF SFB
3) Suryoday SFB
4) Capital SFB
5) Ujjivan SFB
Answer-2) ESAF SFB
ESAF Small Finance Bank (SFB) has launched ‘Supreme’, a Current account for Non-Resident Indians (NRIs).
• There are 11 SFBs in India. Shivalik SFB Limited is the recently added SFB, it became the 1st urban cooperative bank (UCB) to be converted into SFB in 2020.
About ESAF Small Finance Bank:
Headquarters – Thrissur, Kerala
MD & CEO – Kadambelil Paul Thomas
- Which country will receive Tax Expertise from India (as of Oct’ 21) under the Tax Inspectors Without Borders (TIWB) programme?
1) Sri Lanka
3) Sierra Leone
Tax Inspectors Without Borders (TIWB) launched its programme in Seychelles where India was chosen as the Partner Administration and has also provided Tax Expert for the same.
i. The Indian Army and Seychelles People’s Defence Forces conducts joint military exercise ‘LAMITYE’ biennially.
- What was ‘Global Merchandise Trade Volume Growth Rate’ projected by the WTO for 2021 (as of Oct’ 21)?
The World Trade Organization (WTO) upgraded its global merchandise trade volume growth to 10.8% in 2021 which is an upward revision from 8% forecasted in March 2021.
i. Global GDP growth is estimated to 4.1% in 2022, up from 3.8% previously.
- Name the Persons who won ‘2021 Nobel Prize’ in Physics along with Italy’s Giorgio Parisi.
1) Ardem Patapoutian & David Julius
2) Klaus Hasselmann & Roger Penrose
3) Reinhard Genzel & Andrea Ghez
4) Syukuro Manabe & Andrea Ghez
5) Syukuro Manabe & Klaus Hasselmann
Answer-5) Syukuro Manabe & Klaus Hasselmann
The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences at Stockholm Sweden honoured the Japanese-American Syukuro Manabe, Klaus Hasselmann of Germany, and Giorgio Parisi of Italy for the 2021 Nobel Prize in Physics.
i. It was given for ground breaking contributions to their understanding of complex physical systems.
- Who was recently (in Oct’ 21) appointed as India Country Head by The International Finance Corporation (IFC)?
1) Wendy Werner
2) Jun Zhang
3) Makhtar Diop
4) Abhishek Yadav
5) A P Maheshwari
Answer-1) Wendy Werner
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) appointed Wendy Werner as the new Country Head for India. She was IFC trade & competitiveness manager for East Asia and the Pacific.
About International Finance Corporation (IFC):
Headquarters- Washington DC, United States
MD- Makhtar Diop
- Which country successfully test fired ‘Zircon (Tsirkon)’, a hypersonic cruise missile in October 2021?
1) North Korea
Russia successfully test fired a Zircon (Tsirkon) hypersonic cruise missile from the Severodvinsk nuclear submarine for the 1st time.
Capital – Moscow
President – Vladimir Putin
Currency – Russian ruble
- What was the theme of the 2021’s ‘World Space Week’ that is annually observed across the globe from 4th to 10th October by the UN?
1) The Moon: Gateway to the Stars
2) Women in Space
3) Satellites to improve lives
4) Exploring New Worlds in Space
5) Remote Sensing – Enabling Our Future
Answer-2) Women in Space
The UN’s World Space Week is annually observed across the globe from 4th to 10th October to commemorate contributions and achievements made in the field of space science and technology.
i. The theme of World Space Week 2021 is “Women in Space” to create awareness of the issue of gender diversity in the space sector.