We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 6 October 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs October 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
i-Drone: South Asia’s 1st Indian drone to deliver COVID-19 Vaccines launched by Mansukh MandaviyaOn October 4, 2021, Union Minister Mansukh Laxmanbhai Mandaviya, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoH&FW) launched a delivery model namely ‘ICMR’s Drone Response and Outreach in North East (i-Drone)’. This will ensure the reach of life-saving vaccines to everyone.
- ICMR stands for New Delhi based Indian Council of Medical Research.
- ICMR tested the vaccine delivery capacity of drones in collaboration with Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur (Uttar Pradesh) on the basis of which the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA), Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and other regulatory authorities have granted permission to fly drones Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLoS).
Indian Drone used for the 1st time in South Asia for Vaccine Delivery
This is for the first time that a ‘Make in India’ drone has been used in South Asia to transport COVID-19 vaccine. It covered an aerial distance of 15 kms in 12-15 mins from the Bishnupur district hospital to Loktak lake, Karang island in Manipur for administration at the PHC (Primary Health Care).
- The actual road distance between these locations is 26km.
i.This i-Drone has been designed to overcome the challenges of health care delivery by deploying Unmanned Aerial vehicles (UAV) / drones to remote areas and hard to reach Indian terrains.
ii.Currently, this delivery project received nod for implementation in Manipur, Nagaland, and Union Territory (UT) of Andaman and Nicobar Island.
Rajesh Bhushan, Secretary, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Balram Bhargava, Director General, ICMR and other senior officers.
India’s first vertical lift railway bridge to be completed by March 2022The Ministry of Railways announced that the construction work of the new 2.05 km Pamban railway bridge in Mandapam will be completed by March 2022. The bridge will connect Rameswaram to the mainland in Tamil Nadu.
- It will be India’s first vertical lift railway bridge over the sea.
- Railway Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) is developing the sea bridge with the cost of Rs 250 crore.
- The new bridge has 100 spans of 18.3 meters and one navigational span of 63 meters.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the project in March 2019 at Kanyakumari.
Objective of the new bridge
i.It will allow the Indian Railways to operate trains at a higher speed with more weight.
ii.It will also increase traffic between the mainland of Pamban and Rameswaram.
The existing Pamban Rail Bridge
i.The original Pamban railway bridge was built in 1914 to connect Mandapam to the Rameswaram Island situated in the Gulf of Mannar.
ii.It was the only link connecting the two locations until a new road bridge was built parallel to the sea link in 1988.
iii.As the bridge is 105-year-old and not suitable to speed up-gradation, the Railways Minister has decided to build a new bridge that will have a vertical shaft to allow for ferries to pass under when trains are not operating.
Note: The proposed new facility will have electro-mechanical controlled systems which will be interlocked with train control systems.
About Ministry of Railways
Union Railway Minister – Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Badshahpur (Orissa) constituency
Union Minister of State – Shri Raosaheb Patil Danve and Smt. Darshana Jardosh
About Railway Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL)
Chairman and Managing Director– Pradeep Gaur
Headquarters- New Delhi
MoEF&CC launched guidelines for Ecotourism & for Monitoring DolphinsThe Union Minister Bhupender Yadav, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) released the ‘Guidelines for sustainable Ecotourism in forest and wildlife areas’ to promote a better understanding of nature and wildlife conservation during the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti (October 2, 2021) and heralding the Iconic Week of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav of MoEFCC (4-10th October 2021).
- These will be applicable for sites in forests, wildlife areas and eco-sensitive zones.
Other Releases by Bhupender Yadav:
i.He released a field guide for monitoring Ganges and Indus river dolphins, associated aquatic fauna and habitat. This is for the first time that a standardized monitoring protocol has been made for synchronised dolphin enumeration exercise.
- This exercise will be undertaken in the 8 states of Assam, West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Punjab.
- This will be an important constituent of “Project Dolphin” which was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on August 15, 2020 to save both river and marine dolphins.
ii.He also launched a web portal on the ‘Wetlands of India Portal’, which will act as single-point access to all information relating to wetlands.
iii.He flagged off a rally on wheels ‘India for Tigers’.He flagged off the Tiger rallies from three tiger reserves Navegaon Nagzira tiger reserve- Maharashtra, Biligiri ranganatha temple tiger reserve, Karnataka and Sanjay Dubri Tiger Reserve, Madhya Pradesh.
iv.The rallies will culminate at Ranthambore, Kanha, Melghat,Bandipur, Similipal, Sunderbans, Manas, Palamau and Corbett tiger reserves, representing our country’s initial nine tiger reserves designated under The Project Tigerin1973.
FSSAI signs MoU with Ministry Of Food Processing Industries to Support Micro Enterprises in Sector
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI), which aims to support Self Help Groups (SHGs), Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs)and producer cooperatives to improve the standard of their food businesses.
i.Food safety training
Training would be provided at the micro level food processing units to understand basics of manufacturing practices and good hygiene and other regulatory requirements. After completion of the training, ‘Food Safety Supervisor’ certificates will also be provided.
ii.Registration of micro enterprises
FSSAI and the ministry would provide support to micro enterprises towards obtaining FSSAI licence and registration.
About Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
Founded– August 2011
Headquarters-. New Delhi
Chairperson– Rita Teaotia
Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI)
Minister – Pashu Pati Kumar Paras (Hajipur,Bihar)
Minister of State– Prahlad Singh Patel (Damoh ,Madhya Pradesh)
India’s 1st, World’s 3rd Ropeway Public Transport Proposed to be Constructed in VaranasiIndia’s 1st and world’s 3rd ropeway for public transport was proposed to be constructed in the city of Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh to ease the traffic congestion.
- The ropeway service will cover an aerial distance of ~5 km from Cantt Railway Station (Varanasi Junction, Uttar Pradesh) to Church Square (Godauliya) in about 15 minutes.
- On completion, Varanasi will become the 1st Indian city and India will become the third country in the world (after Bolivia and Mexico City) to use ropeway services in public transportation.
- WAPCOS Limited, an accredited public sector enterprise under the Union ministry of Jal Shakti has proposed the cost of the ropeway service at ~Rs 400 crore.
ii.The service will commence with 220 cable cars/trolleys and 4 stations including Cantt railway station, Sajan Tiraha, Rathyatra, and Girjaghar (Godowlia) crossings.
iii.The cars will run at a height of 45 meter and through the ropeway around 8000 people could travel at a time (in two directions).
iv.Funding: 80 percent of the cost of the project will be supported by centre, whereas the state government will take care of the remaining 20 percent cost. The project will be built on a PPP (Public Private Partnership) model.
v.Through this initiative, the Kashi Vishwanath Temple and Dashashwamedh Ghat will be easily accessible.
About Uttar Pradesh:
Governor – Anandiben Patel
Wildlife Sanctuary – Sohagibarwa Wildlife Sanctuary
Airport – Allahabad Airport, Hindon Airport, Muirpur (Sonbhadra) Airport
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI Superseded Boards of Srei Firms to Start Bankruptcy ProceedingsOn October 04, 2021, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) superseded the Board of Directors of two Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs) viz, Srei Infrastructure Finance Limited (SIFL) and Srei Equipment Finance Limited (SEFL), due to governance issues and defaults in meeting their various payment obligations.
- RBI has appointed the former chief general manager of Bank of Baroda (BoB), Rajneesh Sharma as an administrator of SIFL and SEFL.
- The superseding of the board of directors was done by RBI through the exercise of powers conferred under Section 45-IE (1) of the RBI Act, 1934.
- To assist Sharma, RBI has appointed a 3-member advisory committee of R. Subramaniakumar, T.T. Srinivasaraghavan, and Farokh N. Subedar.
- RBI also intends to shortly start the process of resolution of the two NBFCs under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Rules, 2019.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
i.RBI was established in 1935 on the recommendation of the Hilton Young Commission
ii.It was nationalised in 1949
iii.The 1st headquarters of RBI was located in Kolkata in 1937 the headquarter moved on to Mumbai, Maharashtra.
>>Read Full News
ESAF SFB Launched Current account ‘Supreme’ for NRIsESAF Small Finance Bank (SFB) has launched ‘Supreme’, a Current account for Non-Resident Indians (NRIs).
- The service for NRI’s will be available at 277 branches across Kerala out of the total 550 branches pan India.
- The bank provides an enhanced ATM cash withdrawal limit of Rs 50,000/day, a Point of Sale (POS) transaction limit of Rs 80,000/day and an e-commerce transaction limit of Rs 20,000/day in India.
- It has over 17,940 Non-Resident Savings Bank accounts from 121 countries globally and began offering NRIs savings bank in June 2018 and current accounts in May 2021.
- As of March 31, 2021, the bank’s deposits from NRIs was about Rs 2019.15 crore representing 22.44 percent of the bank’s total deposits.
About Small Finance Bank:
i.They are established as public limited companies in the private sector under the Companies Act, 2013 and governed by the provisions of RBI Act, 1934 and Banking Regulation Act, 1949
ii.There are totally 11 SFBs in India. Shivalik SFB Limited is the recently added SFB, it became the 1st urban cooperative bank (UCB) to be converted into SFB in 2020.
About ESAF Small Finance Bank:
Commenced Operation -2017
Headquarters – Thrissur, Kerala
MD & CEO – Kadambelil Paul Thomas
Seychelles’ Tax Inspectors Without Borders (TIWB) programme launched in Partnership with IndiaOn October 4, 2021, Tax Inspectors Without Borders (TIWB) launched its programme in Seychelles where India was chosen as the Partner Administration and has also provided Tax Expert for the same.
- The launch event was virtually attended by Jagannath Bidyadhar Mohapatra, Chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), and Rusudan Kemularia, Head of the TIWB Secretariat (Paris, France) along with other senior officials.
- TIWB is a joint initiative of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) launched in 2015.
i.Duration of program– Around 12 months
ii.Focus of program– Transfer Pricing cases of tourism and financial services sectors.
Role of India in TIWB program:
This programme is the 6th TIWB programme where India has provided its Tax Expert. India will lend its support for strengthening the tax administration of Seychelles by sharing technical know-how and skills with its tax auditors. This will be done in collaboration with the TIWB Secretariat and support of the UNDP Country Office in Mauritius and Seychelles.
Static Info about India-Seychelles Relations:
i.Seychelles is a country in East Africa and its capital is Victoria.
ii.In April 2021, Government of India (GoI) funded fast patrol vessel, PS Zoroaster, handed over to Seychelles.
iii.The Indian Army and Seychelles People’s Defence Forces conducts joint military exercise ‘LAMITYE’ biennially.
RBI Granted licence to NARCL; Permitted Emirates NBD Bank to Open Branches in IndiaOn October 04, 2021, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), gave a licence to the Rs 6,000 crore National Asset Reconstruction Company Ltd (NARCL) to start operations of the bad bank.
i.The licence was granted under the Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest (SARFAESI) Act, 2002.
ii.Background: In July 2021, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has incorporated the NARCL also known as Bad Bank /Asset Reconstruction Company (ARC) after its registration with the Registrar of Companies (RoC) Click here to know more
iii.Board of NARCL: Padmakumar Madhavan Nair, a stressed assets expert from the State Bank of India (SBI) was hired as the Managing Director (MD) of NARCL.
iv.Other Directors are Sunil Mehta, IBA’s Chief Executive, Salee Sukumaran Nair, Deputy MD of SBI, and Ajit Krishnan Nair, Canara Bank’s representative.
v.RBI has granted permission to Emirates NBD Bank, Dubai, the government-owned bank of UAE (United Arab Emirates), to open two more branches in India.
About Emirates NBD Bank:
Establishment – 2007
Headquarters (Global) – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Headquarters (India) – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Vice Chairman and Managing Director – Hesham Abdulla Qassim Al Qassim.
>>Read Full News
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
WTO raised 2021 Global Trade Volume Forecast to 10.8% from 8%i.On October 4, 2021, the World Trade Organization (WTO) upgraded its global merchandise trade volume growth to 10.8% in 2021 which is an upward revision from 8% forecasted in March 2021.
ii.For 2022, this growth will slow to 4.7% which still an increase from previous forecast of 4%.
iii.Global GDP (Gross Domestic Product) will grow 5.3%, up from 5.1% forecasted in March 2021.
iv.For 2022, Global GDP growth is estimated to 4.1% in 2022, up from 3.8% previously.
About World Trade Organization (WTO):
Director-General– Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
Members– 164 (including India)
Headquarters– Geneva, Switzerland
>>Read Full News
IREDA inks pact with NEEPCO to assist to develop renewable projects
Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with North Eastern Electric Power Corporation (NEEPCO) to assist in developing renewable projects and raising funds.
- The MoU was signed by IREDA CMD Pradip Kumar Das and NEEPCO CMD Vinod Kumar Singh.
Objective of the collaboration
i.IREDA will take up techno-financial due diligence of renewable energy and energy efficiency and conservation projects for NEEPCO.
ii.It will also assist NEEPCO in developing an action plan to create and acquire renewable energy projects for the next five years
iii.The deal helps in achieving the government’s target of reducing carbon emission to 33 per cent by 2030.
iv.IREDA and NEEPCO will work together to promote further progress on renewable energy development and to address climate change.
Note: Earlier, IREDA has signed MoUs with SJVN, NHPC and TANGEDCO.
i.IREDA and NEEPCO are under the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy and Ministry of Power, respectively.
It stands for Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited
Chairman and Managing Director-Pradip Kumar Das
It stands for North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Limited
Chairman and Managing Director-Vinod Kumar Singh
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Syukuro Manabe, Klaus Hasselmann, Giorgio Parisi conferred with 2021 Nobel Prize in PhysicsRoyal Swedish Academy of Sciences at Stockholm, Sweden honoured the Japanese-American Syukuro Manabe, Klaus Hasselmann of Germany, and Giorgio Parisi of Italy for 2021 Nobel Prize in Physics.
- The three scientists were awarded for ground breaking contributions to our understanding of complex physical systems.
- Syukuro Manabe ,90, a Japanese-American meteorologist and climatologist and Klaus Hasselmann, 89, a German oceanographer have been for the physical modelling of Earth’s climate, quantifying variability and reliably predicting global warming.
- Giorgio Parisi has been recognized for the discovery of the interplay of disorder and fluctuations in physical systems from atomic to planetary scales.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
World Bank’s arm IFC appoints Wendy Werner as India Country HeadThe International Finance Corporation (IFC) has appointed Wendy Werner as the new Country Head for India. She will succeed Jun Zhang, who retired recently.Her main focus will be on growth and diversification of IFC’s portfolio in India.
About Wendy Werner:
Before this appointment, she was IFC trade & competitiveness manager for East Asia and the Pacific.
i.IFC has invested more than USD 24 billion (including mobilization) in more than 500 companies in India.
ii.India is one of the largest client countries of IFC, which has commitment of USD 1.7 billion investment by 2021.
iii.IFC has also committed to support a green, inclusive and resilient recovery in India.
About International Finance Corporation (IFC)-
It is an international financial institution that offers investment, advisory, and asset management services to encourage private sector development in developing countries.
- It is a member of the World Bank Group
Founded– 20 July 1956
Headquarters- Washington DC, United States
Managing Director- Makhtar Diop
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Govt Launched Web Portal to Find Solutions to India’s Waste ProblemsOn October 02, 2021, Taking forward Swachh Bharat and Unnat Bharat mission, the government has launched a web portal named ‘Waste to Wealth’ to bring together technology providers, government stakeholders, urban local bodies and users on the platform to seek solutions for the waste problems of the country.
- It will enable collaborations for sustainable development through a circular economy & community participation.
i.The waste to wealth mission gives importance to scientific processing of waste to build a zero land fill and zero waste nation.
ii.The Mission is one of the 9 scientific missions of the Prime Minister’s Science, Technology, and Innovation Advisory Council (PMSTIAC).
- The 9 missions of PMSTIAC include Natural Language Translation, Quantum Frontier, Artificial Intelligence (AI), National Biodiversity Mission, Electric Vehicles (EVs), BioScience for Human Health, Waste to Wealth, Deep Ocean Exploration, and AGNIi (Accelerating Growth of New India’s Innovations).
iii.The portal will provide data on innovative technologies and the projects taken up by the mission, track the progress of each project, host upcoming challenges, and generate awareness among users.
iv.The mission is headed by the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA). Shailja Vaidya Gupta is the Mission Director.
About Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA):
It is the chief advisor to the Government on matters related to scientific policy.
Establishment – November 1999
Headquarters – New Delhi
Principal Scientific Adviser to GoI – Professor K VijayRaghavan
In a 1st Russia Successfully Test Fired Zircon Hypersonic Cruise Missile from SubmarineAs per the data of the Russian Defence Ministry, Russia has successfully test fired a Zircon (Tsirkon) hypersonic cruise missile from the Severodvinsk nuclear submarine for the 1st time.
- The submarine performed two launches of the Zircon cruise missile and hit a target (mock targets) in the Barents Sea.
- At first it test-fired Zircon from the surface and then launched another missile from a submerged position in the White Sea.
- Zircon would be capable of flying at 9 times the speed of sound and have a range of 1,000 kilometres (620 miles).
- The defence ministry has equip both warships and submarines with the Zircon.
- In July 2021, Russia has test-fired a Tsirkon hypersonic cruise missile from the White Sea against a ground target located on the coast of the Barents Sea.
Cruise missile: These are guided missile used against terrestrial targets, that remains in the atmosphere and flies the major portion of its flight path at approximately constant speed.
Capital – Moscow
President – Vladimir Putin
Currency – Russian ruble
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Retired entrepreneur Jerry Rao penned a book on Gandhi’s political economyThe book titled Economist Gandhi: The Roots and the Relevance of the Political Economy of the Mahatma published by Penguin Random House provide insights into a hidden facet of Gandhi’s personality – his thoughts on economics and capitalism. The book was authored by retired entrepreneur Jerry Rao (Jaithirth Rao).
- The book also highlights some of his views on religion, ethics, human nature, education and society.
- The book describes that Mahatma Gandhi was not against business and capitalists but had a positive approach towards business.
- Rajmohan Gandhi has written the foreword of the book.
About Jaithirth Rao
i.He is popularly known as Jerry Rao
ii.He is an Indian businessman and entrepreneur.
iii.He is the founder and former CEO of the software company Mphasis and founder of Value and Budget Housing Corporation.
About Penguin Random House
Headquarters- New York, United States
National Pension System Diwas 2021 – October 1India celebrated the first-ever National Pension System Diwas (NPS Diwas) on 1st October 2021 to promote pension and retirement planning for a carefree ‘azad’ retirement.
NPS diwas is a campaign of Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority(PFRDA) launched as a part of the “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav”.
The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority(PFRDA) has decided to observe the 1st October 2021 as the “National Pension System Diwas”.
KVGB won 2 national Awards from PFRDA:
i.The Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB) sponsored by Canara Bank has won the 2 awards “APY Big Believers” and “Leadership Capital” from the PFRDA for significant enrollment under Atal Pension Yojana(APY).
ii.P Gopi Krishna, Chairman of KVGB received the awards from Supratim Bandyopadhyay, PFRDA Chairman, at Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
About Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority(PFRDA):
PFRDA is a regulatory body under the Ministry of Finance.
PFRDA regulates overall supervision and regulation of pensions in India.
Chairperson- Supratim Bandyopadhyay
Established on 10th October 2003
Headquarters– New Delhi
>>Read Full News
World Space Week 2021 – 4th to 10th OctoberThe United Nations(UN)’s World Space Week is annually observed across the globe from 4th to 10th October to commemorate contributions and achievements made in the field of space science and technology.
The week also recognizes and celebrates the historical role of women in space and aims to inspire the next generation of young girls to pursue their dreams in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and space.
- The theme of World Space Week 2021 is “Women in Space”.
The United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/54/68 on 11th February 2000 and declared the week 4th to 10th October as the World Space Week.
The first-ever World Space Week was observed from 4th to 10th October 2000.
Space4Women is a project of the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) to promote women’s empowerment in Space.
About United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA):
Director– Simonetta Di Pippo
Headquarters– Vienna, Austria
>>Read Full News
World Habitat Day 2021 – 4 OctoberThe United Nations(UN)’s World Habitat Day is annually observed across the globe on the first Monday of October to highlight the role of the citizens towards shaping the future of cities and towns.
The day is commemorated across the globe to highlight the condition of the towns and cities and the basic rights of all to adequate shelter.
World Habitat Day 2021 was observed on 4th October 2021.
- World Habitat Day 2020 was observed on 5th October 2020.
- World Habitat Day 2022 will be observed on 3rd October 2022.
The theme of World Habitat Day 2021 is “Accelerating urban action for a carbon-free world”.
i.The United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/40/202 on 17th December 1985 and decided to observe the first Monday of October as World Habitat Day.
The first ever World Habitat day was celebrated in 1986 under the theme “Shelter is my right”.
>>Read Full News
World Teachers’ Day 2021 – October 5The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO)’s World Teachers’ Day is annually observed across the globe on 5th October to celebrate the teachers across the globe.
The day also commemorates the adoption of the 1966 ILO/UNESCO Recommendation concerning the Status of Teachers.
- World Teachers’ Day is co-convened in partnership with the International Labour Organization (ILO), the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and Education International (EI).
- The theme of World Teachers’ Day 2021 is “Teachers at the heart of education recovery”.
i.UNESCO has decided to observe the International Teachers’ Day on 5th October of every year to create awareness about the importance of the teaching profession.
ii.The first ever World Teachers’ Day was observed in 1994.
>>Read Full News
Maharashtra signs Rs 2,823 cr deal with Causis E-Mobility for EV unitMaharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) has signed a deal, worth Rs 2,823 crore, with Causis E-Mobility Pvt Ltd, a joint venture of the United Kingdom (UK)-based Causis Group to set up zero-emission electric vehicles (EVs) manufacturing facility at Talegaon, near Pune, Maharashtra.
- The MoU was signed in presence of Minister of Industries Subhash Desai and Minister of Environment Aaditya Thackeray.
- This agreement becomes the first biggest investment under the Maharashtra EV Policy 2021.
Objective of the collaboration
i.To reduce the emission and to help in climate action.
ii.It aims to generate 1,250 employment opportunities.
iii.To help Maharashtra to lead the country in terms of the adoption of EVs in India.
Implementation of MoU
i.The deal was signed for phase-1 to manufacture three-wheelers for passenger transport and the facility will come up at Talegaon, Pune.
ii.In phase-2, it will set up a battery Gigafactory in Maharashtra to manufacture and supply batteries for EVs.
i.In July, the Maharashtra government had unveiled a comprehensive EV policy to boost the demand for e-vehicles and improve their supply through incentives.
ii.The new policy aims to electrify 10% of all vehicles by 2025.
iii. All new government vehicles, whether owned or leased, will be operating EVs within major cities from April 2022.
It stands for Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation
Founder-Government of Maharashtra
CEO-Dr P Anbalagan
Governor-Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Wildlife sanctuaries- Rehekuri Blackbuck Sanctuary located in Ahmednagar and Painganga Wildlife Sanctuary located in Amravati.
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 6 October 2021|
|1||i-Drone: South Asia’s 1st Indian drone to deliver COVID-19 Vaccines launched by Mansukh Mandaviya|
|2||India’s first vertical lift railway bridge to be completed by March 2022|
|3||MoEF&CC launched guidelines for Ecotourism & for Monitoring Dolphins|
|4||FSSAI signs MoU with Ministry Of Food Processing Industries to Support Micro Enterprises in Sector|
|5||India’s 1st, World’s 3rd Ropeway Public Transport Proposed to be Constructed in Varanasi|
|6||RBI Superseded Boards of Srei Firms to Start Bankruptcy Proceedings|
|7||ESAF SFB Launched Current account ‘Supreme’ for NRIs|
|8||Seychelles’ Tax Inspectors Without Borders (TIWB) programme launched in Partnership with India|
|9||RBI Granted licence to NARCL; Permitted Emirates NBD Bank to Open Branches in India|
|10||WTO raised 2021 Global Trade Volume Forecast to 10.8% from 8%|
|11||IREDA inks pact with NEEPCO to assist to develop renewable projects|
|12||Syukuro Manabe, Klaus Hasselmann, Giorgio Parisi conferred with 2021 Nobel Prize in Physics|
|13||World Bank’s arm IFC appoints Wendy Werner as India Country Head|
|14||Govt Launched Web Portal to Find Solutions to India’s Waste Problems|
|15||In a 1st Russia Successfully Test Fired Zircon Hypersonic Cruise Missile from Submarine|
|16||Retired entrepreneur Jerry Rao penned a book on Gandhi’s political economy|
|17||National Pension System Diwas 2021 – October 1|
|18||World Space Week 2021 – 4th to 10th October|
|19||World Habitat Day 2021 – 4 October|
|20||World Teachers’ Day 2021 – October 5|
|21||Maharashtra signs Rs 2,823 cr deal with Causis E-Mobility for EV unit|