AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 6 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Where is CSIR–NIO (National Institute of Oceanography) conducting a 90-day Scientific Cruise Mission to study climate change & strengthen India’s Biotechnological research?
1) North Pole
2) Andaman & Nicobar
3) Bay of Bengal
4) Indian ocean
5) AntarcticaAnswer-4) Indian ocean
CSIR-NIO (National Institute of Oceanography) is set to launch a 90-day Scientific Cruise Mission to conduct genome & proteome mapping (nutrients) present inside single-cell organisms in the Indian ocean. The mission aims to take samples of water, sediments, planktons & various organisms in search of genomes & micro-nutrients to strengthen India’s research into commercial biotechnology applications. To understand the response of ocean to Climate Change & nutrient stress.
- Which city with a million plus population has topped the 2020’s Ease of Living Index that was released by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs?
5) BhubaneswarAnswer-3) Bengaluru
Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) released the Final Rankings of Ease of Living Index (EoLI) 2020.
Rank Ease of Living Index 2020 Population Million+ City Score 1 Bengaluru (Karnataka) 66.7 2 Pune (Maharashtra) 66.27 3 Ahmedabad (Gujarat) 64.87
- Which city with a million plus population has topped the 2020’s Municipal Performance Index (MPI) that was released by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs?
5) IndoreAnswer-5) Indore
Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) released the Final Rankings of Municipal Performance Index (MPI) 2020. This is the 1st time that MPI is being undertaken in India.
Rank Municipal Performance Index 2020 Population Million+ City Score 1 Indore
66.7 2 Surat
66.27 3 Bhopal
- Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has announced to retain its annual interest rates on provident fund(PF) for FY 2020-21 at ______.
5) 8.5%Answer-5) 8.5%
Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) announced to retain 8.5% annual interest rates on provident fund(PF) deposits for the financial year 2020-21. The decision was taken during the EPF’s Central Board of Trustees meeting, chaired by Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Minister of Labour and Employment. EPFO reduced the rate of interest to 8.5% for the financial year 2019-2020.
- Which company recently (in Mar’21) partnered with Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) & NITI Aayog to strengthen the Deep-tech startup ecosystem of India?
5) Texas InstrumentsAnswer-1) MathWorks
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog, partnered with MathWorks-the developer of mathematical computing software for scientists and engineers to strengthen the Deep-tech startup ecosystem of India. This partnership will provide the benefits to the startups supported by AIM, like providing access to state of the art MathWorks tools including MATLAB and Simulink.
- Which country is currently the India’s Largest trading partner (as of Mar’21)?
4) European Union
5) UKAnswer-3) China
Despite the bloody border conflict in 2020, ban on hundreds of Chinese mobile apps and restrictions in investment, China with $75.9 billion regained its spot as the Largest Trading Partner of India. China is closely followed by the USA and UAE as the 2nd and 3rd largest Trading Partners of India. 51% of the total imports from China were accounted for by the purchase of Heavy Machineries.
- As per the ‘Food Waste Index Report 2021’ around 931 mn tonnes of food is wasted in 2019. Which organisation released the report?
1) United Nations Environment Programme
2) Waste & Resources Action Programme
3) Food and Agriculture Organization
4) Both 1 & 2
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-4) Both 1 & 2
According to ‘Food Waste Index Report 2021’ compiled by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) & WRAP (Waste & Resources Action Programme) found that around 931 Million Tonnes (1.03 Billion Tons) of Food waste was generated in 2019. It equals to 17% of food produced globally. At the Global level, 74Kg per capita of food is wasted each year. In India the per capita food wastage is 50 Kg.
- Which organisation stated that India’s lockdown in 2020 has impacted 247 million children?
1) NITI Aayog
2) Amnesty International
4) Ministry of Education
5) UNICEFAnswer- 5) UNICEF
According to data released by UNICEF (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund), the closure of 1.5 Million schools due to pandemic & its lockdown in 2020 has impacted 247 Million Children enrolled in elementary & secondary schools in India. Globally around 888 Million children continue to face disruptions to their education due to full & partial school closures.
Executive Director – Henrietta H. Fore
Headquarters – New York, USA
- Which bank recently (in Mar’21) signed a strategic co-lending agreement with PNB Housing Finance to provide retail loans for homebuyers?
2) YES Bank
3) Kotak Mahindra Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) Federal BankAnswer-2) YES Bank
On 5th March 2021, PNB Housing Finance and Yes Bank signed a strategic co-lending service to provide convenient and customized retail loans to homebuyers at competitive interest rates.
MD & CEO of PNB Housing Finance – Mr. Hardayal Prasad
MD & CEO of YES Bank– Mr. Prashant Kumar
- When is the National Safety Day annually observed?
1) 1st March
2) 2nd March
3) 5th March
4) 3rd March
5) 4th MarchAnswer-5) 4th March
National Safety Day is annually observed across India on 4th March to create awareness about the safety and hygienic measures which should be inculcated in the lifestyle of the general people. The day marks the establishment of the National Safety council of India. National Safety Day 2021 is observed under the theme “Learn from Disaster and Prepare for a Safer Future”.