AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 5 January 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- In January 2022, ___________ partnered with Common Services Centres (CSC) to undertake India’s ______ cultural survey of villages called ‘Mera Gaon, Meri Dharohar’ through a mobile application.
1) Ministry of Rural Development; 1st
2) Ministry of Culture; 2nd
3) Ministry of Panchayati Raj; 3rd
4) Ministry of Culture; 1st
5) Ministry of Rural Development; 2ndAnswer-4) Ministry of Culture; 1st
The Ministry of Culture has partnered with the Common Services Centres (CSC) to undertake India’s first-ever cultural survey of its villages titled ‘Mera Gaon, Meri Dharohar’ through a mobile application. It will document the cultural identity at village level.
i. The survey is expected to be completed by mid-2022.
ii. As per the agreement, CSC will develop a mobile application and train Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) in conducting the survey.
Note- Common Services Centres is a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) under the Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY) & Dinesh Tyagi is Managing Director (MD) of CSC SPV.
- Which State became the 1st LPG enabled & Smoke Free state of India (in Jan’22) with the help of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) & Mukhya Mantri Grihini Suvidha Yojana (GSY)?
1) Himachal Pradesh
3) West Bengal
5) GujaratAnswer-1) Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh (HP) has become the 1st LPG (Liquefied petroleum gas) enabled & smoke free Indian state.
i. This success is backed by the Central Government’s Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) scheme and HP Government’s Mukhya Mantri Grihini Suvidha Yojana (GSY).
ii. Under the Ujjwala Yojana, 1.36 lakh free domestic connections were given in the state at a cost of Rs 21.81 crore, while under the Grihini Suvidha Yojana, 3.23 lakh housewives were provided free gas cylinders at a cost of Rs 120 crore.
- Which of the following companies recently (in Jan’22) commissioned the largest & Single site solar power project in India with a capacity of 600 MWs in Bikaner, Rajasthan?
1) Tata Power Solar
2) Vikram Solar
3) Jakson Group
4) Azure Power Global
5) Loom SolarAnswer-4) Azure Power Global
Azure Power Global commissioned a 600 Megawatts Interstate Transmission System (ISTS) connected solar project allocated by Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) in Bikaner, Rajasthan.
i. This is the largest solar power project in India, owned and operated at a single location by any developer.
ii. The solar power generated from the project will be supplied to SECI at a tariff of Rs. 2.53 (approximately US 3.5 cents) per kWh for 25 years.
About Azure Power Global:
CEO & MD – Ranjit Gupta
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
- Which of the following points are ‘correct’ with respect to the RBI’s framework (in Jan’22) regarding Small-value Offline Digital Payments?
A) Offline payments can be made using cards, wallets or mobile devices, but the payment should be done in face-to-face mode only.
B) The upper limit of an offline payment transaction was fixed at Rs 500, with a total limit of Rs 10,000 at any point of time.
C) The framework will enable the Authorized Payment System Operators (PSOs), Payment System Participants (PSPs), Bank & Non-Bank to conduct small value offline digital payments.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only A & CAnswer-5) Only A & C
Offline payments can be made using cards, wallets or mobile devices, but the payment should be done in face-to-face mode only.
i. The upper limit of an offline payment transaction was fixed at Rs 200, with a total limit on a payment instrument being at Rs 2,000 at any point in time.
ii. The framework will enable the Authorized Payment System Operators (PSOs) and Payment System Participants (PSPs), Acquirers and Issuers (banks and non-banks) to conduct small value offline digital payments.
iii. Offline transactions are expected to boost digital transactions in rural & semi-urban areas.
Note- An offline payment refers to a transaction that does not require internet or telecom connectivity to be effective.
- Which Organization recently (in Jan’22) launched Unified Presentment Management System (UPMS) to simplify the Recurring Bill Payments in digital transactions?
1) Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority of India
2) Reserve Bank of India
3) NPCI Bharat BillPay Ltd
4) Securities and Exchange Board of India
5) NPCI International Payments LtdAnswer-3) NPCI Bharat BillPay Ltd
NPCI Bharat BillPay Limited (NBBL), the wholly-owned subsidiary of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), launched a Unified Presentment Management System (UPMS), which will enable users to set up standing instructions on their recurring bill payments across all modes of digital payments.
About Unified Presentment Management System (UPMS):
i. UPMS will be available to customers through the centralized infrastructure and application support provided by Bharat BillPay Central Unit (BBPCU).
ii. UPMS enables the providers of the digital payments ecosystem to run through this innovative feature in the sandbox environment of Bharat Bill Payments System (BBPS).
- According to the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, India Achieved the Highest Export of _________in December 2021.
1) USD 20.56 Billion
2) USD 56.89 Million
3) USD 37.29 Billion
4) USD 29.8 Million
5) USD 49.92 BillionAnswer-3) USD 37.29 Billion
As per the data of the Ministry of commerce and industry, India’s merchandise export in December 2021 was about USD 37.29 billion, the highest ever monthly exports achievement.
i. So far in FY22 (i.e. from April to December 2021) the exports rose by 48.85 percent to 299.74 billion dollars (over USD 201.37 billion in April-December 2020).
ii. In FY22 (April-December, 2021) India has seen USD 179 billion services exports. India is expected to achieve the USD 400 billion merchandise exports target for FY22.
- Which is the World’s 1st Company to reach USD 3 Trillion Market capital?
5) AlphabetAnswer-3) Apple
Apple Inc.’s stock market value raised above USD 3 trillion & became the first company to achieve this milestone.
i. On the first day of trading in 2022 (i.e. On January 03, 2022), the company’s shares hit an intraday record high of USD 182.88, putting Apple’s market value just above USD 3 trillion.
ii. The stock ended the session up 2.5 percent at USD 182.01, with Apple’s market capitalization at USD 2.99 trillion.
- Name the 1st ‘Women of Colour’ who recently (in Jan’22) made a solo trip to the Earth’s South Pole.
1) Freya Stark
2) Ann Bancroft
3) Deeya Bajaj
4) Harpreet Chandi
5) Meher MoosAnswer-4) Harpreet Chandi
The Indian-origin British Sikh Army officer, Captain Harpreet Chandi became the 1st woman of colour to make a solo unsupported trek to the earth’s South Pole.
i. Captain Harpreet Chandi is a physiotherapist, who was popularly known as ‘Polar Preet’.
ii. She completed her 700 Miles solo expedition to the South Pole in 40 days.
- Who was recently (in Jan’22) appointed as the New Director General of National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) by succeeding Rajiv Ranjan Mishra?
1) D.P. Mathuria
2) G Asok Kumar
3) Ashok Kumar Singh
4) Binod Kumar
5) Pravin kumarAnswer-2) G Asok Kumar
The Additional Secretary under the Ministry of Jal Shakti, G Asok Kumar was appointed as the new Director General of National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) under the Ministry of Jal Shakti. He succeeded Director General, Rajiv Ranjan Mishra.
i. He is popularly known as ‘the Rain Man of India’ for his excellent work in rainwater harvesting under the “Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain” campaign.
• He received the SKOCH Award for Public Services in 2021
- Who was recently (in Jan’22) appointed as the ‘1st woman Chairman & Managing Director (CMD)’ of ONGC?
1) Roopa Kudva
2) Alka Mittal
3) Roshni Nadar
4) Aruna Jayanthi
5) Soma MondalAnswer-2) Alka Mittal
The Human Resources (HR) Director of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Alka Mittal was appointed as the 1st woman Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of ONGC, on additional charge.
i. Alka Mittal succeeded Subhash Kumar who retired on December 31 2021.
ii. She will hold the position as the CMD for 6 months or until a regular appointment for the post is announced.
iii. She was appointed HR Director of ONGC in December 2018 and she was also the 1st woman to hold the post as a full-time director in the board of ONGC’s history.