AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 5 & 6 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the Hackathon launched by Sanjay Dhotre (MoS–HRD and IT) to solve the problems due to COVID-19.
1) Hack Corona crisis – India
2) Hack for good cause
3) Hack it for good
4) Hack and Curb
5) Hack the Crisis – IndiaAnswer-5) Hack the Crisis – India
A 48 hours online hackathon namely “Hack the Crisis – India” was launched by the Minister of State (Mos) Electronics & Information Technology, Communications and Human Resource Development Sanjay Dhotreto solve the problems arised due to COVID-19 crisis.Its key focus is to develop Non-Medical Solutions to deal with the aftermath of Coronavirus (Covid-19). The Hackathon is organised by ‘Hack A Cause – India’ and ‘Ficci Ladies Organization Pune’ and supported by Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India (MEITY).
- Name the initiative launched by civil services officer’s association to fight COVID-19.
5) Kovid-ndAnswer-3) Caruna
Associations representing officers of Central Civil Services, including the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and the Indian Police Service (IPS), have created an initiative called ‘Caruna [Civil Services Associations Reach to Support in Natural Disasters]’ to asssit and supplement the government’s efforts to battle against Corona Virus (COVID-19).
- With which company National Health Authority (NHA) has partnered to provide transport services to frontline health workers?
5) Easy CabsAnswer-3) Uber
National Health Authority (NHA) partnered with Uber India to provide 24/7 free UberMedic transport services to India’s frontline healthcare workers and hospitals engaged in the treatment of COVID-19 patients.
- Find the operation which was conducted by Indian Air Force (IAF) to transport 6.2 tons of essentials medicines to Maldives.
1) Operation Safed Sagar
2) Operation Sanjeevani
3) Operation Vijay
4) Operation Vanila
5) Operation RahatAnswer-2) Operation Sanjeevani
Coronavirus (COVID 19) is causing terrible havoc in the country and the world currently. In such a situation, India is coming forward to help less capable countries in fighting Covid 19. In this sequence, the Indian Air Force (IAF) has launched ‘Operation Sanjeevani’ and air-lifted 6.2 tonnes of essential medical supplies to Maldives via transport aircraft C-130J as assistance in fight against the virus.
- The Blue-chip venture capital firms has jointly set up a ‘Action Covid-19 Team’ (ACT) Grants worth ________.
1) 50 Cr
2) 500 Cr
3) 100 Cr
4) 250 Cr
5) 10 CrAnswer-3) 100 Cr
Founders of leading startups, independent advisors, investors, supporters & blue-chip venture capital firms jointly set up a Rs 100 crore ‘Action Covid-19 Team’ (ACT) Grants a first-of-its-kind initiative globally aims to seed over 50 initiatives to support companies who work on products & services to combat COVID-19 pandemic.
- What is the amount released by Home minister Amit shah to all states under State Disaster Risk Management Fund (SDRMF) for 2020-21?
1) 8,963 crores
2) 12,421 crores
3) 10,230 crores
4) 15,851 crores
5) 11,092 croresAnswer-5) 11,092 crores
The Union Minister for Home Affairs, Shri Amit Shah has approved the release of Rs 11,092 crores to all States under the State Disaster Risk Management Fund (SDRMF) for 2020-21 after the Chief Ministers raised the issue of lack of funds in the state during a meeting through video conferencing with Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi.
- What is the revised Growth forecast for Indian in the FY21 as per Fitch Ratings (Earlier it was predicted as 5.1%)?
5) 2.5%Answer-4) 2%
Fitch Ratings has trimmed the Indian growth forecast for fiscal year (FY) 2020-2021 to 2% from 5.1% following the economic recession caused due to lockdown amid COVID-19 pandemic.This would be the slowest growth in India over the past 30 years. On global front, Fitch has predicted a contraction of 1.9% to 1.3% in GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth for FY 20-21.
- MadhabiPuri Bach has got 6months extension of service (till October 4, 2020) as whole-time member of which among the following institution/organisation?
5) NCLATAnswer-2) SEBI
The Government has extended the appointment of MadhabiPuri Bach as a whole-time member (WTM) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) by a period of 6 months (till October 4, 2020).
- Name the Indian NGO which has won the Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship 2020 for its exceptional work in the maternal and child health space in India.
5) KATHAAnswer-2) ARMMAN
ARMMAN, an India-based non-profit organization (NPO), has been awarded the Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship 2020 in recognition of its exceptional work in the maternal and child health space in India, along with 4 other awardees. ARMMAN is the only organization from Asia and Africa, selected from 700 organizations.
Following table shows the Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship 2020 winners:
Organization Founder Coverage ARMMAN Dr. Aparna Hegde India Center for Tech and Civic Life (CTCL) Tiana Epps-Johnson, Donny Bridges, and Whitney May United States Glasswing International Celina de Sola and Ken Baker Central America International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) Drew Kodjak Global Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP) Drew Sullivan and Paul Radu Global
- Name the Indian Institute which in collaboration with AIIMS-Rishikesh prepares a low-cost portable ventilator named “Prana-vayu”.
5) IIT-MadrasAnswer-2) IIT-Roorkee
IIT (Indian Institute of Technology)- Roorkee, Uttarakhand in collaboration with AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Science) Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, has developed a low-cost portable ventilator called ‘Prana-vayu’ costing just Rs.25,000. The commercial product will be around 1.5 feet by 1.5 feet for better portability.
- Name the company which has launched India’s 1st home screening kit for covid-19 which was approved by ICMR.
3) GSK India
4) Bharat Biotech
5) MylabAnswer-2) Bione
Bengaluru based startupBione, a genetic and microbiome testing firm has launched India’s 1st home screening test kit for COVID-19 & is approved by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- Which Indian company has developed a technology named “ScitechAiron negative ion generator” to control virus infections in closed environment?
5) BioconAnswer-4) Jclean
Jclean weather Technology private limited, company of Science & Technology (Scitech) Park, Pune has developed a technology- “ScitechAiron negative ion generator” to control viral, bacterial and fungal infections in closed environments can clean the air & disinfect areas caused by COVID-19 positive cases & suspects.
- The Press Information Bureau (PIB) has set up COVID-19 fact check unit to curb fake facts and news. PIB comes under which ministry?
1) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
2) Ministry of Science and Technology
3) Ministry of Human Resource and Development
4) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
5) Ministry of Home AffairsAnswer-4) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
A COVID-19 Fact Check Unit (FCU) has been constituted in the Press Information Bureau (PIB) under the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting to prevent dissemination of fake facts and news related to the COVID-19 pandemic. The unit is headed by the PIB Director General (DG), Nitin Wakankar.
- For whom the Ministry of Human Resource and Development launched unique MHRD AICTE Covid-19 helpline portal?
1) Unorganised sector workers
2) Government servants
5) StudentsAnswer-5) Students
Union Minister of Human Resource Development (HRD) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched a unique MHRD All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) COVID-19 Student Helpline Portal to address the difficulties faced by students due to closure of colleges & hostels since March 25 because of the national lockdown.
- The 2021 World games was postponed to 2022 announced by its organisers. The World games 2021 was planned to be held at which city?
1) Birmingham, Alabama
2) New Delhi
5) ZurichAnswer-1) Birmingham, Alabama
The International World Games organisers announced that 2021 World Games to be held in Birmingham, Alabama, US has been postponed to the year 2022 due to the conflict of rescheduled dates of the Tokyo Olympics. The rescheduled dates of World Games are from July 7 to 17, 2022.
- What are the name of official mascots of 19th Asian games 2022 which is going to be conducted at Hangzhou, China?
4) Both 1) and 3)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)Answer-5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
The official mascots of the 19th Asian Games, to be from 10 to 25 September 2022, were unveiled at a 20 minutes digital launch ceremony in Hangzhou, China. The ceremony was conducted online due to the coronavirus pandemic. There are three mascots namely Congcong, Lianlian and Chenchen, which represents the UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) World Heritage sites of Hangzhou in eastern China. These three mascots for the XIX Asiadare collectively known as the “smart triplets”.
- America’s Bill Withers who passed away in April 2020 is _______.
1) Climate activist
5) BankerAnswer-4) Singer
American songwriter, soulful singer, guitarist & 3 times Grammy award winner Bill Withers passed at 81, due to heart complications in Los Angeles. He was born on July 4, 1938, in the coal-mining town of Slab Fork, West Virginia, United States.
- When was International Transgender Day of Visibility was observed annually?
1) March 8
2) March 31
3) February 23
4) January 18
5) April 2Answer-2) March 31
The International Transgender Day of Visibility is observed every year on March 31 globally since 2009, to celebrate transgender people to raise awareness of discrimination faced by transgender people worldwide and their contributions to society.This year Transgender Day of Visibility (TDOV) has the theme and hashtag #MoreThanVisibility.
- The International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action was observed every year on ________.
1) August 16
2) July 7
3) April 4
4) June 22
5) May 18Answer-3) April 4
The International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action is observed every year on April 4 globally to create awareness on landmines, other threats and progress towards their eradication.
- Which edition of raising day was celebrated by “Army Medical Corps” with the motto of “SarvesantuNirmaya” on April 3, 2020?
5) 16Answer-1) 256
On April 3, 2020,The Army Medical Corps (AMC) celebrated its 256th Raising Day and the day was raised based on the Royal Medical Corps. The 256th Raising Day was held with the motto “SarveSantuNiramaya”, meaning “Let all humans be free from disease and disability”.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the Organisation which designs the low-cost temperature gun to screen personnel at the entry gates of the yard. Answer-Naval Dockyard Mumbai
Naval Dockyard Mumbai designs low cost Temperature Gun. Naval Dockyard, Mumbai has designed and developed its own handheld IR based temperature sensor for undertaking screening of large number of personnel at the entry gates of the yard reducing the load on the security sentries at the gate.
- Name the Country which Host FIFA U17 women’s World cup and U20 Women’s world cup in 2020 (postponed). Answer-U17 – India & U20 – Panama/Costa Rica
FIFA has postponed the Under-20 Women’s World Cup Panama/Costa Rica 2020 – originally scheduled for August/September 2020 – and the FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020 – originally scheduled for November 2020.
- What is the Capital and Currency of Maldives? Answer-Capital – Malé & Currency – Maldivian Rufiyaa
- Who is the present Chairman of SEBI? Answer-Ajay Tyagi
- Name the country which host Asian Games 2022. Answer-Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
- Grammy Award is given in the field of? Answer-Music
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/current-affairs-april-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try April Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]
- Name the Organisation which designs the low-cost temperature gun to screen personnel at the entry gates of the yard.