AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 4 & 5 April 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- DSIR launched its flagship program, DSIR-PRISM (Promoting Innovations in Individuals, Startups and MSMEs) Scheme in partnership with 3 major National Initiatives – Unnat Bharat Abhiyan, RuTAG & Smart India Hackathon.
Select the correctly matched initiative & its parent organisations:
A RuTAG IIT Delhi
B Smart India Hackathon Ministry of Science & Technology
C Unnat Bharat Abhiyan Ministry of Education
D DSIR-PRISM Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship
1) Only C
2) Only A & C
3) Only B & D
4) Only A & D
5) Only A, B & CAnswer-2) Only A & C
Dr Harsh Vardhan virtually inaugurated the Alignment and Awareness Event for Publicity of DSIR-PRISM Scheme (Department of Scientific and Industrial Research-Promoting Innovations in Individuals, Startups and MSMEs) aimed at creating a platform for technology innovation was held at IIT Delhi.
· The event was organized by DSIR, Ministry of Science and Technology in partnership with 3 major National Initiatives namely Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA), Ministry of Education; RuTAG, IIT Delhi; and Smart India Hackathon (SIH), Ministry of Education.
- What is the World Merchandise Trade Volume growth for 2021, projected by WTO (as of Apr’21)?
5) 3.45%Answer-3) 8.0%
World Trade Organisation (WTO), revised its global merchandise trade volume growth for 2021 to 8% from the earlier forecast of 7.2% in October 2020.
2019 2020 2021 2022 Annual % of World Merchandise Trade volume 0.2 -5.3 8.0 4.0
On 15th February 2021, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala from Nigeria was appointed as the 7th Director-General of WTO.
Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
Establishment – 1 January 1995
- Which international organisation released the “Forest Governance by Indigenous and Tribal Peoples” report that highlights the importance of Indigenous & Tribal people as the guardians of Forest?
1) World Wide Fund for Nature
2) World Economic Forum
3) International Union for Conservation of Nature
4) World Bank
5) Food and Agriculture OrganizationAnswer-5) Food and Agriculture Organization
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in association with Fund for the Development of Indigenous Peoples of Latin America and the Caribbean (FILAC) has released a report “Forest Governance by Indigenous and Tribal Peoples”.
· The report states, Indigenous and Tribal Peoples in Latin America and the Caribbean are the best guardians of their forests.
- What was the change made by RBI for supervising Indian Payment Companies, after the leak of financial data of 200 million Indian users from JusPay & Mobikwik?
1) Companies shall include 3D Secure authentication
2) Companies shall provide Compliance Certificate once in 2-years
3) Companies shall include 3D Secure & Address Verification Service
4) Companies shall provide Compliance Certificate twice in 1-year
5) Companies shall include Address Verification ServiceAnswer-4) Companies shall provide Compliance Certificate twice in 1-year
Following the rise in cyber-security breaches at Indian tech startups over the last few months, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has tightened its supervision norms over Payment companies that are storing customer data.
As per RBI’s norms, from April 1, 2021, all licensed payment system operators (PSOs) have to submit detailed “compliance certificates” to the RBI twice a year.
· These norms came after when the financial data of about 200 million Indian users were breached (especially from the systems of JusPay and Mobikwik).
- In April 2021, _____________ approved loan worth USD 32 Mn to ________ for improving its management capacity & quality of health services.
1) World Bank, Mizoram
2) Asian Development Bank, Rajasthan
3) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, Punjab
4) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, Mizoram
5) World Bank, PunjabAnswer-1) World Bank, Mizoram
In April, 2021, the World Bank Board of Executive Directors approved a USD 32 Mn (~INR 234.80 Crores) Project ‘Mizoram Health Systems Strengthening Project’ for improving management capacity and quality of health services in Mizoram.
The project will help Mizoram to improve quality certification at health facilities, enhance human resources, improve health insurance and other innovations.
About World Bank:
President – David Malpass
Headquarters – Washington D.C., USA
- Which state govt. recently (in Apr’21) got approval for financial assistance from the World Bank & Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) for its USD 300 mn canal-based drinking water projects?
5) Tamil NaduAnswer-4) Punjab
International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) of World Bank & Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) have approved the loan for the 300 Million USD (around Rs.2190 crore) for the canal-based drinking water projects in Punjab: Amritsar Project & Ludhiana Project.
About World Bank:
President– David Malpass
Headquarters– Washington DC, USAAbout Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB):
President– Jin Liqun
Headquarters– Beijing, China
- India’s fiscal deficit for 11 months of the FY21 reached 76% of the revised estimated fiscal deficit. What was the revised estimated Fiscal Deficit of India for FY-21 (Apr’20-Mar’21)?
1) Rs 12.05 lakh crore
2) Rs 13.71 lakh crore
3) Rs 18.48 lakh crore
4) Rs 14.05 lakh crore
5) Rs 7.24 lakh croreAnswer-3) Rs 18.48 lakh crore
In March, 2021 the Controller General of Accounts (CGA), notified the fiscal deficit for the 11months of FY21(Apr – Feb) stood at Rs 14.05 lakh crore which is about 76% of the revised estimates of Rs 18.48 lakh crore (9.5% of the GDP).
· Govt. in consultation with the RBI decided to borrow ₹7.24-lakh crore for the 1st six months of FY22.
· As per budget 2021-22, the government’s gross market borrowing will be Rs 12.05 lakh crore.
- Who was awarded with the Kalinga Ratna Samman for the year 2021 for his contribution to Odia literature?
1) Ganeshi Lal
2) Phagu Chauhan
3) Biswabhusan Harichandan
4) Jagdish Mukhi
5) Jagdeep DhankharAnswer-3) Biswabhusan Harichandan
On 2nd April 2021, M Venkaiah Naidu, Vice President of India presented the Kalinga Ratna Samman for the year 2021 to Biswabhusan Harichandan, an Odia-born, governor of Andhra Pradesh.
· Kalinga Ratna Samman is an annual award instituted by the Sarala Sahitya Sansad since 2007.
· The award recognises the contribution in the field of Odia literature.
- Honouring which Indian personality, the newly discovered flowering plant species from Western Ghats in Maharashtra was named as “Argyreia Sharadchandraji”?
1) Janaki Ammal
2) Narendra Singh Tomar
3) Rajendra Prasad
4) Sharad Pawar
5) Birbal SahniAnswer-4) Sharad Pawar
A new species of flowering plants belonging to the genus “Argyreia”, was discovered in Western Ghats at Kolhapur district, Maharashtra.
· The species is named as “Argyreia Sharadchandraji” to honour Sharad Pawar, former Union Agriculture Minister of India.
- Under which ministry does the PM-KUSUM (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan) function?
1) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
2) Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
3) Ministry of Power
4) Ministry of Water Resources
5) Ministry of New and Renewable EnergyAnswer- 5) Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
PM-KUSUM (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan) was launched in February 2019 under the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, to increase farmers’ income by selling extra electricity generated and reducing the over-dependence of farmers on diesel.