AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 3 March 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
- In March 2023, NTPC Limited installed India’s 1st Air-Cooled Condenser (ACC) in its North Karanpura supercritical thermal plant in ____________.
1) Madhya Pradesh
5) KarnatakaAnswer-3) Jharkhand
NTPC Limited (NTPC), India’s state-owned power company, has installed India’s first Air-Cooled Condenser (ACC) at its North Karanpura supercritical thermal plant in Jharkhand, which would aid in water conservation.
• On March 1, 2023, NTPC started commercial operation of the first unit of 660 MW in North Karanpura (3 X 660 MW), in Jharkhand.
• With this, the standalone and group commercial capacity of NTPC will become 58979 MW and 71594 MW respectively.
i. This plant will provide Jharkhand, Bihar, West Bengal, and Odisha with economic power as it is built on one of the most effective supercritical technologies and is located 10 kilometres from a coal source.
ii. NTPC Limited (NTPC) has completed consolidating its Renewable Energy (RE) portfolio under a single umbrella entity, NTPC Green Energy Limited (NGEL). It involves the transfer of NTPC’s RE assets/ entities to NGEL, a fully-owned subsidiary of NTPC that was established on April 7, 2022.
- According to the data released by the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE) in March 2023, India’s unemployment rate rose to _______ in February 2023 from 7.14% in January 2023.
5) 7.30%Answer-1) 7.45%
According to the data from the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE), India’s unemployment rate rose by 7.45% in February 2023 from 7.14% in January 2023. The unemployment rate was 8.30% in December 2022, 8.03% in November 2022, and 7.92% in October 2022.
i. Rural unemployment declined to 7.23% in February 2023 from 8.55% in January 2023, and Urban unemployment rose to 7.93% in February from 6.48% in January.
• Haryana had the highest unemployment rate among the state with 29.4%, followed by Rajasthan (28.3%) and Sikkim (21.0%).
• Chhattisgarh has the lowest unemployment rate among the states with 0.8%, followed by Madhya Pradesh (2.0%) and Odisha (2.1%).
- Name the Institute in Assam that has recently (in Feb ‘23) signed an MoU with Samagra Shiksha Assam (SSA) to develop scientific temper among students.
1) Indian Institute of Information Technology- Guwahati
2) National Institute of Technology- Silchar
3) Indian Institute of Technology- Guwahati
4) All India Institute of Medical Sciences- Guwahati
5) National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research- GuwahatiAnswer-3) Indian Institute of Technology- Guwahati
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IIT-G), Assam, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Samagra Shiksha, Assam, (SSA) under the Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan of the Ministry of Education to develop scientific temper and strengthen students’ ability to handle challenging environments.
i. The IIT-G collaborates with other higher education institutes through the Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan to mentor higher secondary schools across Assam.
ii. IIT Guwahati would assist SSA in conducting various State-level activities in a hybrid mode in State-run schools in Assam for secondary students as part of this collaboration.
- Name the Indian Naval Ship (INS) that has recently (in Feb ‘23) participated in United Arab Emirates (UAE)’s IDEX 23 (International Defense Exhibition) and NAVDEX 23 (Naval Defense Exhibition 23), held in Abu Dhabi.
1) INS Arihant
2) INS Sumedha
3) INS Kamorta
4) INS Sahyadri
5) INS ShivalikAnswer-2) INS Sumedha
Indian Naval Ship (INS) Sumedha of the Indian Navy participated in two important regional naval and defence exhibitions: IDEX 23 (International Defense Exhibition) and NAVDEX 23 (Naval Defense Exhibition 23) held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE) from February 20 to 24, 2023.
• IDEX 23 is the flagship defence exhibition of the UAE.
i. INS Sumedha is a Saryu-class Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel (NOPV) that was launched in March 2014.
• It is the third in the series and was constructed at Goa Shipyards Limited.
- Who has been recently (in March ‘23) elected as the new President of Vietnam?
1) Le Duc Anh
2) Tran Dai Quang
3) Vo Van Thuong
4) Nguyen Xuan Phuc
5) Vo Thi Anh XuanAnswer-3) Vo Van Thuong
On 2nd March 2023, The National Assembly (NA) of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam elected Vo Van Thuong (Võ Văn Thưởng) (52 years old), a member of the Politburo of the Communist Party of Vietnam, as the new President of Vietnam for a term running until 2026.
i. He took oath as the new president of Vietnam during the NA’s extraordinary meeting in Hanoi, Vietnam.
ii. Vo Van Thuong succeeds Nguyen Xuan Phuc, who resigned from the post of President in January 2023.
- Which bank has recently (in March ‘23) completed the acquisition of Citibank India’s consumer Banking for Rs 11,603 crore?
1) HDFC Bank
2) South Indian Bank
3) Kotak Mahindra Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) Axis BankAnswer-5) Axis Bank
On 1st March 2023, Axis Bank Limited (formerly UTI Bank), a private-sector lender, completed the acquisition of Citibank India(Citi India)’s consumer Banking which includes loans, credit cards, wealth management and retail banking operations. The Axis Bank has paid a total purchase consideration of Rs 11,603 crore (USD 1.4 billion) to Citibank India.
i. Axis Bank is the 4th-largest credit card issuer with a total base of 8.6 million cards. The deal will increase its credit cardholder base by around 2.5 million, elevating it to India’s top three card businesses.
ii. Citigroup announced its plan to exit the consumer banking business in India in 2021.
- Name the rocket in which the spaceX recently (in March ‘23) launched its Crew-6 mission to the International Space Station (ISS) from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida, USA?
2) Atlas V
3) Falcon 9
4) Ariane 5
5) Falcon 1Answer-3) Falcon 9
On 2nd March 2023, SpaceX launched its Crew-6 mission to the International Space Station (ISS) with 4 astronauts on board reusable SpaceX Dragon spacecraft on a Falcon 9 rocket from the NASA(National Aeronautics and Space Administration)’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida, United States of America(USA).
• The first long-duration astronaut from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is among the 4 crew members flying to ISS. This is the 4th time this capsule, named Endeavor, is flown to space and the 4th time it will visit the ISS.
i. The Crew-6 launch is carrying 2 NASA astronauts, Mission Commander Stephen Bowen and Pilot Warren “Woody” Hoburg along with the UAE’s Sultan Al-Neyadi, and Roscosmos cosmonaut Andrey Fedyaev, who will serve as mission specialists for a space station science expedition.
- Padma Bhushan Awardee ‘Chandrashekhar Dasgupta’, passed away in March 2023.
In which field did he receive the Padma Bhushan Award in 2008?
1) Literature & Education
2) Civil Service
3) Science & Engineering
5) ArtAnswer-2) Civil Service
On 2nd March 2023, Chandrashekhar Dasgupta, a former Indian diplomat and the Padma Bhushan Awardee (2008), passed away at the age of 82. He was born on 2nd May 1940 in Kolkata, West Bengal.
i. Chandrashekhar Dasgupta was awarded the 3rd-highest civilian honour, the Padma Bhushan, for Civil Service (Delhi) in 2008.
ii. He wrote a book titled “War and Diplomacy in Kashmir, 1947-48” which discusses the onset of the Kashmir war and the Indo-Pakistan War of 1948. The “India and Bangladesh Liberation War” is another work by Chandrashekhar Dasgupta.
- Name the personality who recently (in March ‘23) edited a book, “The Book of Bihari Literature”, that was launched by Bihar Minister of Industry, Samir Kumar Mahaseth.
1) Abhay Kumar
2) Shivshankar Menon
3) Arindam Bagchi
4) Atul Khare
5) Shashi TharoorAnswer-1) Abhay Kumar
On 27th February 2023, Samir Kumar Mahaseth, Bihar Minister of Industry, released a book titled “The Book of Bihari Literature”, edited by Abhay Kumar, an Indian poet-diplomat, during Grand Trunk Road Initiatives 3.0(GTRi 3.0) held from 25th to 26th February 2023 in Patna, Bihar.
i. The book, published by HarperCollins, is a collection of short stories and poems written over a period of 2600 years, translated into English from various languages.
- Name the state that has recently (in March ‘23) signed an MoU with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) to implement Urban Cooling Programme.
2) Madhya Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
5) KeralaAnswer-4) Tamil Nadu
On 1st March 2023, the Tamil Nadu (TN) Government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) to develop a comprehensive Urban Cooling programme in Tamil Nadu to meet the objectives under the TN State Action Plan on Climate Change.
i. UNEP is undertaking a nationwide cooling programme in collaboration with the National Institute of Urban Affairs and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark to support Indian cities
ii. The TN Green Climate Company (TNGCC), India’s first-of-its-kind special purpose vehicle, directs 3 important government missions: the Green TN Mission, the TN Wetland Mission, and the TN Climate Change Mission.