AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 29 May 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development partnered with the Ministry of External Affairs to extend the ‘Sakhi-One Stop Centres (OSC)’ scheme to Foreign countries.
What are the points that are correctly related to the Sakhi-OSC scheme?
A) Indian Overseas Women in 9 Foreign countries will be protected from violence in public & private space
B) Sakhi-OSC scheme was launched by the Ministry of Women & Child Development in 2019
C) It is a 100% centrally sponsored scheme under Nirbhaya Fund
1) Only B & C
2) All A, B & C
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only A & C
Answer-5) Only A & C
‘Sakhi-One Stop Centres (OSC)’ is a scheme of the Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) to support women affected by violence in public and private space.
i.The WCD Ministry in partnership with the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has decided to set up 10 OSCs to support Indian Overseas Women in 9 countries – Australia, Canada, Singapore, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, UAE, and Saudi Arabia (2 OSCs).
ii.The Sakhi-OSC scheme was set up in 2015 by the Ministry of WCD.
iii.It is a 100% centrally sponsored scheme under Nirbhaya Fund.
- __________ virtually organised the 4th BRICS Working Group Meeting (in May’21), where Indian side was represented by ______________.
1) Russia, Harsh Vardhan Shringla
2) China, Sanjeev Kumar Varshney
3) Brazil, Harsh Vardhan Shringla
4) China, Harsh Vardhan Shringla
5) Russia, Sanjeev Kumar Varshney
Answer-2) China, Sanjeev Kumar Varshney
The 4th BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) Working Group Meeting 2021 took place virtually from May 25-26, 2021. It was sponsored by the Department of International Cooperation, Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), China and organized by the China National Center for Biotechnology Development. Indian side was led by Dr Sanjeev Kumar Varshney.
- A 1st of its kind Environment Surveillance Platform in Asia called “Precision Health Platform” was launched in ____________ for conducting surveillance in __________ system.
1) Bangalore; Primary Health Care Surveillance
2) Mumbai; Primary Health Care Surveillance
3) Hyderabad; Primary Health Care Surveillance
4) Bangalore; Sewage Surveillance
5) Hyderabad; Sewage Surveillance
Answer-4) Bangalore; Sewage Surveillance
Karnataka Government has launched India’s 1st City-wide Environmental Surveillance Platform named ‘Precision Health Platform’ in Bengaluru. It is a city-wide sewage surveillance system which will help officials track COVID-19 at an early stage and make preparations to face it. The platform is also the 1st of its kind in Asia.
i.Partners – United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the COVID Action Collaborative
- Who was awarded the 2020 Energy Frontier Award also known as the International Eni Award 2020?
1) Amartya Sen
2) Nambi Narayanan
3) C. N. R. Rao
4) Bismillah Khan
5) Udupi Ramachandra Rao
Answer-3) C. N. R. Rao
Bharat Ratna awardee, Professor Chintamani Nages Ramachandra Rao (C.N.R. Rao) has received the Energy Frontier Award 2020 for research into renewable energy sources and energy storage. The Energy Frontier Award 2020 is also known as the International Eni Awards 2020.
The award is considered the Nobel Prize in Energy Research.
- Who became the 1st Indian to win the annual ‘World Choreography Award’ during the 10th annual award ceremony in 2020?
1) Suresh Mukund
2) Prabhu Deva
3) Remo D’Souza
4) Terence Lewis
5) Punit Pathak
Answer-1) Suresh Mukund
Emmy Award-nominated choreographer Suresh Mukund became the 1st Indian to receive Annual World Choreography Award, he won the 10th Annual World Choreography Award 2020.
- Who was elected as the President of Syria in May 2021?
1) Barham Salih
2) Abdallah Salloum Abdallah
3) Mustafa Al-Kadhimi
4) Bashar al-Assad
5) Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi
Answer-4) Bashar al-Assad
Bashar al-Assad was re-elected for a 4th seven-year term as the President of Syria. He received around 95.1% of the votes cast and won the election.
Bashar Al-Assad became the president of Syria at the age of 34, succeeding his father Hafez al-Assad in 2000.
- In May 2021, the Central Government extended the tenure of Samant Kumar Goel the Secretary of _____________ and _____________ the Director of Intelligence Bureau by 1-year.
1) Central Bureau of Investigation; Praveen Sinha
2) Research and Analysis Wing; Arvind Kumar
3) Central Bureau of Investigation; Arvind Kumar
4) Research and Analysis Wing; Praveen Sinha
5) National Investigation Agency; Yogesh Chander Modi
Answer-2) Research and Analysis Wing; Arvind Kumar
The Union Government has extended the tenure of Research and Analysis Wing(RAW)’s secretary, Samant Kumar Goel and Intelligence Bureau (IB)’s Director Arvind Kumar by one year.
- Which organisation is planning to launch its 1st Mobile Robot Rover to Moon, ‘VIPER’ in 2023?
3) Virgin Galactic
Recently, US space agency NASA has announced plans to send its first mobile robot VIPER Rover to the Moon in 2023. Mobile robots will search for ice and other resources on and below the surface of the moon. VIPER stands for Volatiles Investigating Polar Exploration Rover.
- India’s first self-use Rapid Antigen Test Kit for Covid-19 was launched by which pharmaceutical company?
1) Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
2) Torrent Pharmaceuticals
3) MyLab Discovery Solutions
4) Aurobindo Pharma
Answer-3) MyLab Discovery Solutions
The Pune-based company MyLab Discovery Solutions has developed India’s first self-use Rapid Antigen Test Kit for Covid-19 called Mylab CoviSelf. It has been approved by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
- What is the theme of 2021’s Menstrual Hygiene Day which is annually observed across the globe on 28th of May?
1) #NoMoreLimits – Empowering Women and Girls Through Good Menstrual Hygiene
2) To Bleed without Violence
3) Periods in Pandemic
4) Action and Investment in Menstrual Hygiene and Health
5) It’s time for Action
Answer-4) Action and Investment in Menstrual Hygiene and Health
Menstrual Hygiene Day is annually observed across the globe on 28th May to educate the importance of Menstrual hygiene. The day aims to promote menstrual health and hygiene for all women and girls.
The theme of 2021 Menstrual Hygiene Day is “Action and Investment in Menstrual Hygiene and Health.”