AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 29 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Recently (in Jan 2021), Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs increased the MSP of ________ in line with 1.5 times the average cost of production.
Based on the recommendations of the Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices (CACP), Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has given its approval for the Minimum Support Price (MSP) of copra for 2021 season. In this regard, MSP for Fair Average Quality (FAQ) of milling copra is increased by Rs.375 to Rs. 10335/- per quintal & the MSP for ball copra has been increased by Rs.300/-, to Rs. 10,600/- per quintal. The increase is on line with the principle of fixing the MSP at a level of at least 1.5 times the all India weighted average cost of production.
- Recently (in Jan 2021), Which state became the 1st in India to have 2 airstrips on expressways for emergency landing and take-off of fighter planes?
2) Madhya Pradesh
3) Himachal Pradesh
5) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-5) Uttar Pradesh
With the completion of the construction of the 3,300-metre-long airstrip near Kurebhar on Purvanchal Expressway, Uttar Pradesh has become the first state in the country with two airstrips on expressways to facilitate emergency landing and take-off of fighter planes.
- What was India’s FDI rate for 2020, as per UN – Conference on Trade and Development’s 38th Global Investment Trends Monitor?
1) Increased by 3 %
2) Decreased by 42 %
3) Increased by 42 %
4) Decreased by 8 %
5) Increased by 13 %
Answer-5) Increased by 13 %
In accordance with the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)’s 38th Global Investment Trends Monitor, after the 1990s, the year 2020 saw a fall down in Global foreign direct investment (FDI) which decreased 42% to $859 billion from $1.5 trillion in 2019. Contrarily, India saw a 13% increase in FDI to $57 billion which is driven by investments in the digital sector. Apart from FDI in the digital sector, another key reason for FDI rise in India is merger and acquisition (M&A) as Cross-border M&A sales grew 83% to $27 billion.
- Which country pledged USD 150,000 towards United Nations (UN) Peacebuilding Fund (PFB) for 2021, in January 2021?
On January 27, 2021, India has pledged USD 150,000 to activities of the United Nations (UN) Peacebuilding Fund (PFB) for 2021. It was announced by India’s Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador TS Tirumurti during a virtual address to the High-Level Replenishment Conference for the United Nations Peacebuilding Fund. Peacebuilding Fund (PBF) is the UN’s financial instrument to sustain peace in countries or situations at risk or affected by violent conflict.
- Recently (in Jan 2021), India’s Ministry of Textiles signed an MoU with M/s. Nissenken Quality Evaluation Centre. Which country will import Indian textile products as a result of this MoU?
On January 27, 2021 The Textile Committee, Ministry of Textiles, Government of India signed Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with M/s. Nissenken Quality Evaluation Centre, Japan through video conferencing to increase export of Textile and Apparel (T&A) to the Japan market. In 2019, Japan was the 3rd largest market for T&A products in the world. While India was the sixth largest exporter of T&A to the world.
- Which organisation signed a Framework for Strategic partnership agreement with India to enhance global energy security, in January 2021?
1) Energy Information Administration (EIA)
2) International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
3) International Energy Agency (IEA)
4) Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
5) International Energy Forum (IEF)
Answer-3) International Energy Agency (IEA)
On 27th January 2021, Government of India has signed a Framework for Strategic partnership agreement with the International Energy Agency (IEA) that will play a crucial role in enhancing global energy security. This initiative will pave the way for India to become a full time member of IEA. Strategic cooperation in IEA’s Clean Energy Transitions Programme (CETP) – Energy Security, Stability & Sustainability, Enhancing Petroleum storage capacity in India etc.
- Who recently (in Jan 2021), got appointed as the Managing Director (MD) of State Bank of India?
1) Swaminathan Janakiraman
2) Ashwini Kumar Tewari
3) Ashwani Bhatia
4) Only 1 & 2
5) All 1, 2 & 3
Answer-4) Only 1 & 2
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Swaminathan Janakiraman and Ashwini Kumar Tewari as new Managing Directors(MDs) of State Bank of India (SBI) for a period of 3 years. Swaminthan Janakiraman was serving as the deputy MD(finance) of SBI. Ashwini Kumar Tewari was serving as MD and Chief Executive Officer(CEO)of SBI Card, a subsidiary of SBI.
- What was India’s rank among the worst-hit countries due to extreme weather events, as per the 16th edition of “Global Climate Risk Index (CRI) 2021”?
India has improved its ranking to 7th in the 16th edition of “Global Climate Risk Index (CRI) 2021- Who suffers Most from Extreme Weather Events? Weather-related Loss Events in 2019 and 2000 to 2019” from 5th in CRI 2020, which has been released by Germany-based think tank Germanwatch. The list has been topped by Mozambique followed by Zimbabwe, and Bahamas. The index provides a list of worst-hit countries due to extreme weather events in 2000-2019.
- Who authored the book, “Big Billion Startup: The Untold Flipkart Story”, that won the Gaja Capital Business Book Prize 2020?
1) Vinod Mehta
2) Prem Prakash
3) O. V. Vijayan
4) Mihir Dalal
5) Chitra Subramaniam
Answer-4) Mihir Dalal
“Big Billion Startup: The Untold Flipkart Story”, written by investigative journalist Mihir Dalal, is a definitive account of the biggest start-up that redefined India’s e-commerce. The book was announced as the winner of the Gaja Capital Business Book Prize 2020.
- Which was the Nano satellite designed by college students, that will be launched by ISRO in February, 2021?
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is planning to launch ‘Sri Shakti Sat’ a satellite that was developed by 12 college students with inputs from ISRO. This satellite will be launched into outer space on February 28, 2021. It is a Nano Satellite, weighing just 460 gms. It is used to Perform Internet of Things (IoT) in Space and Inter Satellite Communication.