AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 29 April 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Indian Navy participated in the bilateral naval exercise ‘VARUNA-2021’ with ________ in April 2021 at the _________ region.
1) USA, Indian Ocean
2) France, Arabian Sea
3) France, Bay of Bengal
4) Japan, Bay of Bengal
5) Japan, Arabian SeaAnswer-2) France, Arabian Sea
The 19th Edition of the Indian and French Navy Bilateral Exercise ‘VARUNA-2021’ took place in the Arabian Sea from April 25-27, 2021.
Varuna is a bilateral naval exercise initiated in 1983; it was named as ‘VARUNA’ in 2001. Varuna is the god of oceans.
Japan is set to conduct a Joint Military Drill with US & French troops in May 2021.
- Which countries (in Apr’21) along with India launched the ‘Supply Chain Resilience Initiative (SCRI)’ for creating a free, transparent trade & investment environment?
1) China & Russia
2) USA, Japan & Australia
3) USA & Australia
4) China, Russia & Turkey
5) Australia & JapanAnswer-5) Australia & Japan
On April 27, 2021, During a trilateral Ministerial Meeting, the Trade Ministers of India, Japan & Australia virtually launched the ‘Supply Chain Resilience Initiative (SCRI)’.
SCRI aims to build a resilient supply chain with focus on a free, transparent trade & investment environment in the Indo-Pacific region and reduce the dependence on China.
- In April 2021, the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare certified 14,491 Hectares of land as ‘Organic Area’ under the ‘Large Area Certification (LAC)’ scheme.
Identify the points that are correctly related to Organic Certification in India:
A) India’s 1st large contiguous territory, the 14,491 hectares of land, certified as Organic Area is located in Punjab
B) LAC certifications is provided under the Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY)
C) Sikkim is the World’s 1st fully organic state
1) Only B & C
2) Only A & C
3) All A, B & C
4) Only B
5) Only A & BAnswer-1) Only B & C
Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare (MoA&FW) has certified around 14,491 Hectares of land in Car Nicobar and nancowry group of Islands in UT of A&N as ‘Organic Area’ under the ‘Large Area Certification (LAC)’ scheme of the PGS-India (Participatory Guarantee System) certification programme.
Andaman & Nicobar became the 1st large contiguous territory to be conferred with organic certification.
Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY) launched in 2015 is a component of Soil Health Management (SHM) provides LAC certifications.
In 2020, Sikkim became the 1st State in the World to become fully organic.
- What is India’s rank in the ‘Chandler Good Government Index (CGGI) 2021’ the 1st Edition produced by Chandler Institute of Governance (CIG)?
5) 49Answer-5) 49
India with an index score of 0.516 has been ranked 49th in ‘Chandler Good Government Index (CGGI) 2021’ – 1st Edition produced by Chandler Institute of Governance (CIG). The Index was topped by Finland, followed by Switzerland & Singapore.
Ranks of India’s Neighbours: Pakistan – 90, Sri Lanka – 74th, China – 41.
- Which organisation (in Apr’21) announced a financial assistance of Rs 135 crores to India for procuring medical supplies including oxygen to tackle COVID-19?
5) AppleAnswer-1) Google
Sundar Pichai, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Google and Alphabet, announced that Google will provide around Rs 135 crore as an aid to India to tackle the COVID-19 crisis in India. Google’s fund will help India to procure medical supplies including oxygen and testing equipment.
- Which organisation projected India’s GDP to grow by 11% in FY-22 in its Asian Development Outlook in April 2021?
1) Moody’s Analytics
3) World Bank
4) Bank of America
5) Asian Development BankAnswer-5) Asian Development Bank
Asian Development Outlook (ADO), 2021 was released by Asian Development Bank (ADB) on April 26, 2021, in which it forecasted the Indian economy to grow at 11 per cent in FY22 from 8% earlier and it also predicted a GDP expansion in FY22 at 7 per cent. It also pointed out the risk in economic recovery due to an increase in COVID-19 cases.
- Who became the 1st Asian Women to receive the ‘WILD Innovator Award’ in 2021?
2) Dr. Maria Caffrey
3) Miranda Wang
4) Dr Krithi K Karanth
5) Rosamira GuillenAnswer-4) Dr Krithi K Karanth
On April, 27,2021, the WILD ELEMENTS Foundation has awarded Dr Krithi K Karanth, Chief Conservation Scientist at Bengaluru-based Centre for Wildlife Studies (CWS), the ‘WILD Innovator Award’ for 2021, she became the first Indian and Asian woman to receive such an award.
- Padma Bhushan awardee Manoj Das passed away in April 2021. In Which field he was awarded Padma Bhushan in 2020?
2) Public Affairs
3) Literature & Education
4) Social Work
5) MedicineAnswer-3) Literature & Education
On 27th April 2021, Legendary Odia and English writer, Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan awardee Manoj Das passed away at the age of 87 in Puducherry.
Manoj Das was awarded Padma Shri in 2001 and Padma Bhusan in 2020 for his contribution in the field of Literature & Education.
- When is the World Day for Safety and Health at Work annually observed by the UN?
1) 25th April
2) 29th April
3) 26th April
4) 27th April
5) 28th AprilAnswer-5) 28th April
The United Nations World Day for Safety and Health at Work is annually observed across the globe on 28th April to highlight the prevention of accidents and diseases at work and to raise awareness about occupational safety and health.
ILO released a report “Anticipate, prepare and respond to crises: Invest now in resilient Occupational Safety and Health systems”.
- Which article of Indian Constitution provides power to the President of India to appoint the Prime Minister & the Council of Ministers?
1) Article 14
2) Article 75
3) Article 51
4) Article 62
5) Article 58Answer-2) Article 75
Article 75 of the Constitution of India reads “The Prime Minister shall be appointed by the President and the other Ministers shall be appointed by the President on the advice of the Prime Minister”.