AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 27 & 28 June 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- How many states were surveyed (as of June’21) by the environment ministry in the 1st of its kind forest survey that used LiDAR technology?
Prakash Javadekar virtually released the Detailed Project Reports (DPRs) of Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) based survey of forest areas for 10 states. The survey is the 1st of its kind in India which uses LiDAR technology to map forest resources, thereby eliminating human-animal conflicts.
10 states – Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Nagaland, and Tripura
- What are the points that are correctly related to the India Smart Cities Awards 2020 announced by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA)?
A) Indore and Surat won the Smart City award, while Ahmedabad topped the Smart Cities Leadership Award
B) For the 1st time, MoHUA announced awards to states for overall performance of the smart cities, which was won by Tamil Nadu
C) 3 Urban development schemes – Smart Cities Mission, HRIDAY & Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban were launched were launched on 27th June 2014
1) All A, B & C
2) Only A & C
3) Only A & B
4) Only B & C
5) Only A
Answer-5) Only A
June 25, 2021 marks the 6th anniversary (launched in 2015) of the launch of 3-transformative Urban Missions viz. Smart Cities Mission (SCM), AMRUT (Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation) and Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U).
MoHUA announced the India Smart Cities Awards 2020:
i.Indore and Surat won the Smart City award
ii.Ahmedabad topped the Smart Cities Leadership Award
iii.Innovative idea award was won by Indore, Madhya Pradesh
iv.For the 1st time, MoHUA announced awards to states for the overall performance of the smart cities, which was won by Uttar Pradesh
- India’s electric vehicle promotion scheme “FAME India Phase II” launched in 2019 with an outlay of ___________ up to 2022 was extended (in June’21) till March _________.
1) Rs 10,000 crore; 2023
2) Rs 20,000 crore; 2023
3) Rs 1 lakh crore; 2024
4) Rs 10,000 crore; 2024
5) Rs 1 lakh crore; 2023
Answer-4) Rs 10,000 crore; 2024
India’s flagship Electric Vehicles (EV) promotion scheme, ‘FAME India Phase II’ (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India Phase II) has been extended for 2 more years till March 2024.
i.It was launched in April 2019 with an outlay of Rs 10,000 Crore for a period of 3 years up to 31 March 2022.
- Where was the 2-day long Hemis Festival celebrated in June 2021?
3) Himachal Pradesh
5) Arunachal Pradesh
The two days grand Hemis festival was celebrated by the people of Ladakh and the Tibetian community on 20th and 21st of June 2021. It is celebrated at the sweeping courtyard of Hemis monastery, Ladakh. It is believed to be the birth anniversary of Guru Padmasambhava popularly known as the second Buddha.
Lieutenant Governor: Radha Krishna Mathur
Capital: Leh, Kargil
- Name the organisation that launched the FY21 annual survey on ‘Computer Software and Information Technology Enabled Services (ITES) Exports’
1) National Informatics Centre
3) NITI Aayog
In June 2021, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) launched the FY21 round of its annual Survey on ‘Computer Software and Information Technology Enabled Services (ITES) Exports’.
i.RBI has also launched the FY21 round of its annual survey on ‘Foreign Liabilities and Assets of Mutual Funds and Asset Management Companies’.
- In June 2021, India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) revised India’s GDP forecast for FY22 to ______
National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER), forecasted India’s GDP growth for FY22 in the range of 8.4-10.1 percent with 11.5 percent growth in the Q1FY22(April – June, 2021). It estimated a contraction of 7.3(-7.3) percent in FY21.
i.India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) reduced India’s GDP growth forecast for FY22 to 9.6% from its earlier estimate of 10.1%.
- In FY21, China became the _____ largest exporter destination for India, while __________ remains India’s top export partner.
1) 4th; UAE
2) 2nd; UAE
3) 3rd; UAE
4) 3rd; USA
5) 2nd; USA
Answer-5) 2nd; USA
As per the Central government data, China replaced the United Arab Emirates (UAE) as the 2nd largest export destination for India in FY21. The United States (US) remained as India’s top export partner.
- Who was ranked as the World’s Most Generous Philanthropist of the 20th Century by the Hurun Report and EdelGive Foundation?
1) Azim Premji
2) Warren Buffett
3) JN Tata
4) Bill Gates
5) Mackenzie Scott
Answer-3) JN Tata
Jamsetji Nusserwanji (J N) Tata has emerged as the biggest philanthropist globally in the last century (between 1901-1999) by donating $102.4 billion, according to the list of top 50 givers prepared by the Hurun Report and EdelGive Foundation.
- Who was appointed (in June’21) as the Chairman of National Dairy Development Board (NDDB)?
1) Meenesh Shah
2) Verghese Kurien
3) Varsha Joshi
4) Dilip Rath
5) Gurdeep Singh
Answer-1) Meenesh Shah
National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) Executive Director Meenesh Shah has taken additional charge as the Chairman of NDDB for six months with effect from June 1,2021.
- When is the World Humanist Day annually observed across the globe?
1) 21st June
2) 23rd June
3) 25th June
4) 24th June
5) 22nd June
Answer-1) 21st June
The World Humanist Day is annually observed across the globe on 21st June to create awareness about the ways to spread information and combat misinformation about the positive aspects of Humanism, a means to affect the change in the world.