AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 26 May 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which country (in May’21) signed an Agriculture Action Plan with India for cooperation in the agricultural sector for a duration of 3-years?
5) IsraelAnswer-5) Israel
India & Israel have signed a three-year 5th Indo-Israel Agriculture Action Plan (IIAP) 2021-23 agreement for development in Agriculture cooperation. Under the work program, both countries will implement two initiatives namely ‘Indo-Israel Agricultural Project Centre of Excellence’ & ‘Indo-Israel Villages of Excellence (IIVoE)’.
Prime Minister – Benjamin Netanyahu
Capital – Jerusalem
Currency – Israeli Shekel
- In May 2021, NITI Aayog & TRIFED announced partnership for implementing Van Dhan Vikas Kendra (VDVK).
What are the points that are Incorrectly related to the VDVK partnership?
A) NITI Aayog will help in implementing VDVK’s in 39 aspirating tribal districts
B) Van Dhan Yojna was launched by TRIFED in 2018
C) VDVK is a program dedicated to provide technological education among schools in tribal areas
1) Only B & C
2) Only A & B
3) Only C
4) Only B
5) Only A & CAnswer-3) Only C
TRIFED is set to partner with NITI Aayog for implementation of Van Dhan Vikas Kendra (VDVK) initiative under Van Dhan Yojna in 39 Tribal Aspirational districts identified by NITI Aayog.
i.An additional 9900 VDVKs are proposed to be established in the 39 tribal aspirational districts, with Special focus on these aspirational districts, where tribal population is more than 50%.
ii.Van Dhan Yojna was launched in 2018 and is implemented by TRIFED.
iii.VDVK is a programme for value addition, branding & marketing of Minor Forest Produces.
- India is planning to re-introduce 10 Cheetahs from __________ in November 2021 at _____________ for the 1st time since Cheetahs were declared extinct in India in 1952.
1) Africa, Kuno National Park
2) South America, Balphakram National Park
3) South America, Kuno National Park
4) Africa, Balphakram National Park
5) Africa, Madhav National ParkAnswer-1) Africa, Kuno National Park
Cheetah, declared extinct in India in 1952 is set to be re-introduced into India in November, 2021 at the Kuno National Park, Madhya Pradesh (MP). It is the 1st time in the world that a large carnivore will be relocated from one continent to another.
Under ‘Project Cheetah’, 10 African Cheetahs will be brought from South Africa & Namibia and reintroduced in India.
- In May 2021, RBI issued guidelines for the amalgamation of District Central Co-operative Banks (DCCBs) with State Co-operative Bank (StCB).
What are the points that are correct with respect to the amalgamation procedure?
A) Section 44A of the Banking Regulation act, 1949 provides effective procedure for voluntary amalgamation of banking entities
B) More than one DCCBs can amalgamate with a StCB
C) The amalgamation procedure will be examined & recommended by NABARD
1) Only B & C
2) Only A & B
3) All A, B & C
4) Only B
5) Only A & CAnswer-3) All A, B & C
RBI notified the guidelines for the Amalgamation of one or more District Central Co-operative Banks (DCCBs) in a State with State Co-operative Bank (StCB) or amalgamation of one DCCB with another to form a two-tier Short-term Co-operative Credit Structure (STCCS).
i.Section 44A of the Banking Regulation act, 1949 provides effective procedure for voluntary amalgamation of two banking entities.
ii.The amalgamation has to be examined and recommended by National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
- Name the foreign payment solution company that became a Certified Partner of ‘RuPay SoftPOS’ by NPCI, in May 2021?
5) PayPointAnswer-2) PayCore
The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), has included PayCore, Turkey’s global payment solutions company as one of the certified partners for ‘RuPay SoftPOS’ to drive cashless payments across the country.
i.NPCI partnered with SBI Payments and launched ‘RuPay SoftPoS’ to transform NFC enabled smartphones into POS terminals for the merchants and retailers.
- Who recently (in May’21) got elected to the Badminton World Federation(BWF) council for a 4-years term?
1) Narinder Batra
2) Rajeev Shukla
3) Himanta Biswa Sarma
4) Jay Shah
5) Pullela GopichandAnswer-3) Himanta Biswa Sarma
The Badminton Association of India (BAI) president Himanta Biswa Sarma was elected to the Badminton World Federation(BWF) council for the period of four years i.e 2021-25.
- In May 2021, Palak Kohli and Parul Parmar qualified for the Tokyo Paralympics 2021. Palak Kohli is the world’s youngest player to represent in Paralympics in which sport?
4) Table Tennis
5) AthleticsAnswer-1) Badminton
Indian women’s pair of Palak Kohli and Parul Parmar have qualified for the Tokyo Paralympics 2021. They are the first Indian para shuttlers to qualify for the Tokyo Paralympics. Palak Kohli is ranked no.11 in the world and she is becoming the youngest para-badminton player in the world to qualify for Tokyo 2021 Paralympics.
- Annually, ________ is observed as World Thyroid Day to create awareness about Thyroid disease caused by the hormonal imbalance in the _________ shaped gland present in the neck.
1) 24th May, Leaf
2) 25th May, Oval
3) 24th May, Oval
4) 25th May, Butterfly
5) 23rd May, ButterflyAnswer-4) 25th May, Butterfly
World Thyroid Day is annually observed across the globe on 25th May to create awareness about the importance of Thyroid and educate about the prevention and treatment of Thyroid diseases.
Hyperthyroidism is a condition where the gland produces too much thyroid hormone leading to swelling of the thyroid gland, a butterfly-shaped gland in the front of the neck.
- Which state government approved implementation of 3 Welfare projects – “Lakshmi Bhandar Project”, “Student credit card initiative”, and “Duare Ration”?
1) West Bengal
4) Tamil Nadu
5) AssamAnswer-1) West Bengal
The West Bengal (WB) Cabinet headed by Mamata Banerjee approved 3 Welfare projects for implementation are Lakshmi Bhandar Project, a student credit card initiative, and ‘Duare Ration’.
i.Lakshmi Bhandar Project – Basic Income scheme for Female heads of households.
ii. Student Credit Card initiative – Low-interest Student loans up to INR 10 Lakh for higher education
iii.Duare Ration – Free doorstep delivery of monthly ration
- How many digits are there in an IFSC code?
5) 9Answer-3) 11
IFSC code used for electronic payments consists of 11-digits. Of the 11-digits, the first 4 digits represent the bank and the last 6 characters represent the branch. The 5th character is zero.