AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 24 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- What is the campaign launched by the Ministry of Jal Shakti towards water conservation on the occasion of 2021’s Word Water day?
1) Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Rejuvenating Rivers
2) Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain
3) Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Waste Water
4) Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Valuing Water
5) Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Harvesting RainWaterAnswer-2) Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain
On the Occasion of World Water Day (March 22, 2021), Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi launched ‘Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain’ campaign to undertake water conservation at grass-root level through people’s participation. It is an initiative of the Ministry of Jal Shakti under National Water Mission (NWM).
Theme – ‘Catch the rain, where it falls, when it falls’.
Objective – To create rainwater harvesting structure suitable to climatic conditions & ensuring proper storage of rainwater.
- How many committees were formed by the central govt. for transition of India from a Linear Economy to a Circular Economy?
5) 11Answer-5) 11
NITI Aayog has stated that in order to expedite the Transition of India from a Linear Economy to a Circular Economy, Government has formed 11 Committees for 11 focus areas.
• It will maximize our resource efficiency, minimize the consumption of finite resources as well as the impetus to the emergence of new business models and entrepreneurial ventures will spur our transition towards self-reliance.
- Covering which period was the Compendium on Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) was released by Labour Ministry in March 2021?
5) 1945-2020Answer-5) 1945-2020
Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Minister of State (Independent Charge), Ministry of Labour and Employment Released Compendium on Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) (Volume I-IV, 1945 to 2020) which will be helpful for Researchers, Policy makers and Students.
CPI-IW is an economic indicator that measures the change in price of goods and services consumed by the indexed populations.
The Compendium was formed by compiling the data in the form of Index from 1945 to till date.
- Which company received (in Mar’21) the Rs. 1056 crore worth contract for developing 1,300 Armored Light Specialist Vehicles (ALSV) for Indian Army?
1) Mahindra Defence Systems
2) Ordnance Factory Board
3) Kalyani Rafael Advanced Systems
4) Bharat Dynamics
5) Tata Advanced SystemsAnswer-1) Mahindra Defence Systems
Ministry of Defence (MoD) has signed a contract worth INR 1, 056 Crore with Mahindra Defence Systems Ltd (MDSL) for supply of 1, 300 Armored Light Specialist Vehicles (ALSV) to Indian Army. It is expected to be completed in 4 years.
• It is the 1st major contract for an ALSV that was designed and developed completely by the private sector in India.
- Which state govt. became the 1st in India to have its own ethanol policy, “Ethanol Production Promotion Policy, 2021”?
1) Uttar Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
5) ChattisgarhAnswer-4) Bihar
Bihar Cabinet has approved the state’s own Ethanol policy called ‘Ethanol Production Promotion Policy, 2021’. The approval has made Bihar as the 1st State in India to implement Ethanol Promotion Policy.
• The policy allows Bihar to directly make ethanol from Maize, Molasses, broken rice & rotten grains.
• Through this policy, Investors will get a 15% Capital subsidy.
• Bihar government aims to produce around 50 Crore litres of Ethanol each year.
- Which organisation released the report, “Reimagining WASH: Water Security For All” that highlighted on 37 hot-spot countries with high vulnerability to water?
2) World Bank
4) International Water Association
5) UN-WaterAnswer-1) UNICEF
According to the report ‘Reimagining WASH: Water Security For All’ released by UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund), globally more than 1.42 Billion people, including 450 million children live in areas of high, or extremely high, water vulnerability.
• The report has highlighted 37 hot-spot countries where children are faced with High Water Vulnerability.
• ‘Water Security for All’ is an initiative launched by UNICEF to ensure that every child has access to sustainable and climate-resilient water services.
- Who heads the 5-member Standing External Advisory Committee of RBI that evaluates applications for universal banks and small finance banks?
1) B Mahapatra
2) T N Manoharan
3) Shyamala Gopinath
4) Revathy Iyer
5) D. SubbaraoAnswer-3) Shyamala Gopinath
On March 22, 2021, the RBI set up a five-member Standing External Advisory Committee (SEAC) which is headed by former RBI Deputy Governor Shyamala Gopinath, for evaluating applications for universal banks and small finance banks (SFBs).
The tenure of SEAC will be for 3 years.
RBI has already indicated the constitution of SEAC in the guidelines for “on-tap” licensing of universal banks.
- Who was conferred with the 2020’s Gandhi Peace Prize by the Govt. of India?
1) Qaboos bin Said Al Said
2) Aung San Suu Kyi
3) Sheikh Hasina
4) Yohei Sasakawa
5) Sheikh Mujibur RahmanAnswer-5) Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
The Union government conferred Gandhi Peace Prize to the Late Sultan Qaboos bin Said Al Said of Oman for the year 2019 and to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, for the year 2020. The Jury of Gandhi Peace Prize is chaired by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi.
• The Government of Bangladesh has declared the year 2020-21, the centenary birth anniversary of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, as the Mujib Year.
- From which company, Indian govt. recently (in Mar’21) sold its 26.12% stake worth ₹8,846 crores?
1) United Breweries Group
2) Tata Communications Ltd
3) Mahanagar Gas
4) Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd
5) Ashok LeylandAnswer-2) Tata Communications Ltd
On March 22, 2021, The department of investment and public asset management (DIPAM) reported that the government has fully exited from Tata Communications Ltd (TCL), a part of the Tata Group, through the sale of its outstanding 26.12% stake in it for ₹8,846 crores.
• The exit from TCL helps the government to get closer to the revised disinvestment target for FY21. Disinvestment Targets for FY22 is about ₹1.75 trillion.
- What is the theme of 2021’s World Meteorological Day that is annually observed by UN on 23rd of March?
1) Understanding Clouds
2) Weather-ready, climate-smart
3) Climate and Water
4) The ocean, our climate and weather
5) The Sun, the Earth and the weatherAnswer-4) The ocean, our climate and weather
The United Nations(UN)’s World Meteorological Day is annually observed across the world on 23rd March to create awareness about the importance of the role of people and their behaviour in protecting the Earth’s atmosphere.
Theme of 2021 – “The ocean, our climate and weather”.