AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 24 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the programme which was launched by HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ on DIKSHA portal (April 2020).
1) NISHTHA 2.0
2) DHRUV 2.0
3) Study in India 2.0
4) VidyaDaan 2.0
5) Higher point 2.0
Answer-4) VidyaDaan 2.0
The Union Human Resource Development Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ e-launched VidyaDaan 2.0 program on DIKSHA platform to invite e-learning content contributions, Minister of State for Human Resource Development Sanjay Dhotre also participated through video conferencing in New Delhi.
- The Defence Minister has inaugurated “Mobile BSL3 VRDL Lab” developed by DRDO recently. Who is the present Defence Minister?
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Rajnath Singh
3) Amit Shah
4) Smriti Irani
5) Narendra Modi
Answer-2) Rajnath Singh
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh dedicated the first COVID-19 sample collection mobile Lab of the country namely “Mobile BSL3 VRDL Lab” to the nation through video conference from New Delhi. This Lab has been developed by Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Ministry of Defence in collaboration with ESIC Medical College & Hospital, Sanathnagar (Hyderabad) with due permission of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and Govt. of Telangana.
- The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has constructed 484-meter permanent bridge connecting Punjab’s Kasowal enclave with rest of the country. The bridge was constructed across which river?
The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has constructed and opened a new Class 70 permanent bridge by replacing the pontoon bridge (floating bridge) of limited load capacity on the Ravi river that connects the 35 square kilometre Kasowal enclave in Punjab with the rest of the country. The newly-constructed 484-meter-long bridge was built by 141 Drain Maintenance Coy of 49 Border Roads Task Force (BRTF) of Project Chetak with an outlay of Rs 17.89 crore. The bridge consists of 16 cells of 30.25-metre length each.
- Union Cabinet has approved “The Epidemic Diseases (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020”to protect healthcare service personnel against violence during epidemics. In case of injuries the sentence was upto ____ years.
Union Cabinet has approved “The Epidemic Diseases (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020”to protect healthcare service personnel including their living/working premises against violence during epidemics.It will amend the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897 by making acts of violence against healthcare workers as cognizable and non-bailable offence.A person can be sentenced to terms between three months and five years, and fined between Rs 50,000 and Rs 2 lakh, for crimes under the new provision. In case of grievous injuries, the accused can be sentenced from 6 months to 7 years. They can be penalised from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 5 lakh.
- Indian government has approved to provide USD 1 million to Antigua islands as project outlay. What is the capital of Antigua and Barbuda?
2) Saint John’s
4) Port Louis
Answer-2) Saint John’s
India provided medical supplies including hydroxychloroquine tablets to many countries and India approved the 1 million USD to Antigua and Barbuda as a project outlay with 150K USD for medical equipment as immediate assistance from the United States to fight against coronavirus pandemic. The capital of Antigua and Barbuda is Saint John’s.
- What is the increase in sown area of summer crops on year-on-year basis in India as per government data?
The sown area of summer crops has registered an increase of 36% on a year-on-year basis as per Central government reports. The statement was made by Alpana Sharma, Additional Director General (Media and Communication) in the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- India is going ahead with $2.3 Billion deal to manufacture fleet support vessels (FSVs) in collaboration with which country?
India is going ahead with a $2.3 billion (about Rs 15,000 crore) deal to manufacture fleet support vessels (FSVs) in collaboration with a Turkish shipyard following a review after questions were raised on Turkey’s links with Pakistan and the recent diplomatic tiff with the Recep Tayyip Erdogan government.
- Name the organisation which has launched “Lockdown Learners” series of online dialogues with students and educators in India on COVID-19.
1) United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
2) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
3) World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
4) United Nations Office on Drugs and Crimes (UNODC)
5) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNCEF)
Answer-4) The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crimes (UNODC)
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crimes (UNODC) under its flagship Education for Justice Initiative launched the “Lockdown Learners” series of online dialogues with students and educators in India on COVID-19 & its impact on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), peace and the rule of law.
- Name the 1st Arab nation which is going to legalise cannabis (marijuana) farming.
3) Saudi Arabia
Lebanon became the 1st Arab nation to legalise cannabis (also known as marijuana) farming for medicinal & industrial use with the aim to boost the exports & to beat the economic crisis created by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Lebanon faces the worst economic crisis due to lockdown since the 1975-1990 civil war.
- Which Indian public sector bank has launched Working Capital demand Loan for agriculture sector (WCDL-Agri)?
1) Punjab National Bank
2) Indian Overseas Bank
3) State Bank of India
4) Union Bank of India
5) Canara Bank
Answer-2) Indian Overseas Bank
Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) has launched Working Capital demand Loan for agriculture sector (WCDL-Agri), a special credit facility for the agriculture sector & allied activities as a relief measure to fight the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- What is India’s GDP growth rate for FY21 as per ‘Global Economic Outlook (GEO)’ of Fitch ratings.
Fitch Ratings Inc, an American credit rating agency in its ‘Global Economic Outlook (GEO)’, has lowered India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth forecast to 0.8% for Fiscal year 2020-21 (FY 21), a revision from the 2% that was projected just three weeks ago.
- As per Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) what will be the GDP growth of India for the Financial year (at max)?
The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in a paper- A plan for economic recovery has stated that India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth is likely to grow at 1.5% in the current Financial Year (FY) post the lockdown period & also has suggested urgent fiscal interventions.
- Name the organisation in its report titled “COVID-19 Crisis: Through a Migration Lens” projected 23% decline in Migrants Remittances to India in 2020 due to COVID-19.
1) International Monetary Fund
2) World Bank
3) World Trade Organisation
4) Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development
5) Commonwealth Nations
Answer-2) World Bank
In accordance with the report on impact of COVID-19 on migration and remittances by World Bank, titled “COVID-19 Crisis: Through a Migration Lens” remittances to India are likely to drop by 23% to USD 64 billion in 2020 from USD 83 billion in 2019 due to COVID-19 impact. In 2019, the remittances were increased by 5.5%. Importantly, India is the world’s biggest recipient of remittances, which bolster the country’s foreign exchange reserves and help fund its current account deficit.
- Which Indian IT company has partnered with IBM to set up innovation centres?
1) Tata Consultancy Services
2) HCL Technologies
3) Tech Mahindra
4) L&T Infotech
Answer-3) Tech Mahindra
Tech Mahindra Limited, an Indian multinational subsidiary of the Mahindra Group, has entered in to the partnership with US (United States) based IBM (International Business Machines Corporation) to establish innovation centres with the aim to boost digital transformation & encourage adoption of more hybrid cloud-based technologies among its global customers.
- NIIT (National Institute of Information Technology) Limited’s US arm NIIT Inc., US has signed Services agreement with a US based EdTech company to provide virtual services to education providers. Where is HQ of NIIT Ltd located?
1) Hyderabad, Telangana
2) Kolkata, West Bengal
3) Mumbai, Maharashtra
4) Noida, Uttar Pradesh
5) Gurugram, Haryana
Answer-5) Gurugram, Haryana
NIIT (National Institute of Information Technology) Limited announced that its US (United States) subsidiary has signed a managed service agreement with a US-based education technology (EdTech) company to provide virtual services to education providers. The term of the agreement is 5 years. NIIT Limited HQ – Gurugram, Haryana.
- The Federal Bank has acquired additional stake of 4% (26% to 30%) in equity capital of IDBI Federal Life Insurance Company. Where is the Headquarters of Federal Bank located?
1) Aluva, Kerala
2) Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu
3) Bengaluru, Karnataka
4) Amaravati, Andhra Pradesh
5) Hyderabad, Telangana
Answer-1) Aluva, Kerala
The Federal Bank’s board has approved its purchase to acquire an additional stake of up to 4% in the equity capital of IDBI Federal Life Insurance Company Limited (IFLIC) from Industrial Development Bank of India(IDBI) Bank, increasing the total shareholding in the life insurance joint venture to 30% from 26%. Federal Bank Headquarters– Aluva, Kerala.
- Which research centre of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has developed” Feluda” a low-cost coronavirus test strip?
1) Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI)
2) Advanced Materials and Processes Research Institute (AMPRI)
3) Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB)
4) Institute of Microbial Technology (IMTECH)
5) National Institute of Oceanography (NIO)
Answer-3) Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB)
The Scientists at the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB) has developed ”Feluda” a low-cost coronavirus test strip which will not require any expensive machines & is a simple way of detecting Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-coV2).
- Which of the following aerospace company has launched Falcon 9 carrier rocket with 60 satellites Starlink?
1) Lockheed Martin
5) Blue Origin
Space Exploration Technologies Corp (also known as SpaceX), a private American aerospace company, has successfully launched 60 Starlink broadband satellites aboard Falcon 9 rocket from the Launch Pad 39A at NASA’s (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) Kennedy Space Center in Florida, US (United States).
- Find the Indian state which has launched “Apthamitra” helpline toll free number and an application to empower the people to fight against coronavirus pandemic.
1) Andhra Pradesh
5) Tamil Nadu
The chief minister of Karnataka, B S Yediyurappa in presence of senior ministers and officials launched “Apthamitra” helpline toll free number and an application to empower the people to fight against coronavirus pandemic. The app provides required medical guidance for the people in need.
- Under which among the following Google has launched ‘Nearby spot’ to help users find local stores selling essentials?
1) Google Pay
2) Google Maps
3) Google Playstore
4) Google mail
5) Google Assistant
Answer-1) Google Pay
Google has launched ‘Nearby Spot’ under Google Pay using which users in Bengaluru can see local stores selling essentials like groceries that are open, amid the lockdown.
- The 11th edition of world games 2022 is going to held at which city?
1) Lausanne, Switzerland
2) Beijing, China
3) Bern, Germany
4) Birmingham, US
5) Madrid, Spain
Answer-4) Birmingham, US
The 11th edition of World Games which is to be held in Birmingham, Alabama, US (United States), unveiled an updated logo and title after being delayed a year because of the Coronavirus pandemic. The World Games 2021 Birmingham has been renamed to World Games 2022 Birmingham.
- Mairabai Chanu and Jeremy Lalrinnunga who is in news recently belongs to which sports?
President of Weightlifting Federation of India (WFI) Shadev Yadav confirmed that Mirabai Chanu and Jeremy Larinnunga have been qualified to participate in the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games due to their current International rank.
- Which Board/Federation has created “Team Mask Force” to create awareness about wearing masks?
1) All India Boxing Association (AIBA)
2) Badminton Association of India (BAI)
3) Sports Authority of India (SAI)
4) Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)
5) All India Tennis Association (AITA)
Answer-4) Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)
Featuring India’s most revered cricketers, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has created a new video under the title “Team Mask Force” to promote wearing masks in public places and help the country to battle the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Saharai Oram who passed away recently is the former minister of which Indian state?
2) Arunachal Pradesh
5) West Bengal
Veteran tribal leader and former Odisha Minister Saharai Oram died at Barbil in Keonjhar district on Friday following a prolonged illness. He was 78.
- The world book and copyrights day organised by UNESCO was celebrated every year on ________.
1) March 8
2) May 2
3) April 23
4) June 3
5) December 12
Answer-3) April 23
World Book and Copyright Dayis celebrated every year on April 23 all over the world. This event is organized by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) and the day aims to promote reading, publishing and copyright.
- On which date the United Nations English Language Day and Spanish Language Day are celebrated every year?
1) March 22
2) September 7
3) July 13
4) June 30
5) April 23
Answer-5) April 23
On 23rd April 2020, The United Nations English Language Day and Spanish Language Day are celebrated every year as an initiative of the Department of Global Communication to promote the use of official languages and to ensure that the goals and actions of the UN are understood by all the possible public.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who has surpassed Jack Ma to become Asia’s richest man recently?
After the Reliance Jio-Facebook deal was announced recently, Mukesh Ambani’s wealth surged to make him Asia’s richest man surpassing Jack Ma. Ambani’s fortune rose by $4.69 billion to $49.2 billion after Reliance Industries gained 10 per cent, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
- DIKSHA platform is the initiative of which ministry?
Answer-Ministry of Human Resource and Development
- What is the currency of Antigua and Barbuda?
Answer-Eastern Caribbean dollar
- Where is the HQ of United Nations Office on Drugs and Crimes (UNODC) located?
- What is the capital and currency of Lebanon?
Answer-capital –Beirut & currency –Pound
- Who is the MD&CEO of Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)?
- Who is the president of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)?
Answer-Vikram S. Kirloskar