AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 23 & 24 January 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Name the Organization that released the report ‘Banking on Electric Vehicles in India’, suggesting the inclusion of E-vehicles under Priority Sector Lending.
1) Reserve Bank of India
2) NITI Aayog
3) RMI India
4) Only 2 & 3
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-4) Only 2 & 3
NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog in collaboration with Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI), and RMI India released a report titled ‘Banking on Electric Vehicles in India- A Blueprint for Inclusion of EVs in Priority Sector Lending Guidelines’.
• It has proposed the government to include Electric Vehicle (EVs) in the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) priority-sector lending (PSL) guidelines to boost retail lending for EVs
- In January 2022, State government of __________ signed an MoU with Haryana for construction of ‘Adi Badri dam’ for the revival of _________ river.
1) Uttarakhand; Beas
2) Himachal Pradesh; Ganga
3) Punjab; Saraswati
4) Uttarakhand; Ganga
5) Himachal Pradesh; SaraswatiAnswer-5) Himachal Pradesh; Saraswati
Governments of Himachal Pradesh (HP) and Haryana signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for the construction of a Adi Badri dam on 77 acres in HP near the Adi Badri area of Yamunanagar, Haryana for the revival of the Saraswati river.
- What are the points that are correctly related to ‘Davos Agenda summit 2022’ & PM Narendra Modi’s address in the summit?
A) “Reviving Global Economy” is the theme of 2022 Davos Summit, that was organized by the World Trader Organization
B) PM Modi introduced the ‘P3 (Pro-Planet People) movement’ underlining India’s climate change commitments
C) A new ‘European Chips Act’ was launched to support a massive expansion of chip production in the European Union
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only B & C
4) Only A & B
5) Only A & CAnswer-3) Only B & C
The World Economic Forum’s (WEF) five-day online Davos Agenda summit 2022 was held from 17 to 21 January 2022. The summit is being convened on the theme of ‘The State of the World’.
i.PM Narendra Modi introduced the ‘P3 (Pro-Planet People) movement’ that underlines India’s climate change commitments.
ii.European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen announced a new European Chips Act to support a massive expansion of chip production in the European Union
- Which Country partnered with the Global Tiger Forum to conduct the 4th Asia Ministerial Conference (AMC) on Tiger Conservation?
1) South Korea
5) MalaysiaAnswer-5) Malaysia
The 4th Asia Ministerial Conference (AMC) on tiger conservation was held in hybrid mode which was organized by the Government of Malaysia and coordinated by the Global Tiger Forum (GTF).
• The AMC adopted the Kuala Lumpur Joint Statement which listed 14 commitments.
- Who recently (in Jan’22) got appointed by UNDP India as its 1st ever ‘Youth Climate Champion’?
1) Bhuvan Bam
2) Prajakta Koli
3) Ajey Nagar
4) Ashish Chanchlani
5) Mithila PalkarAnswer-2) Prajakta Koli
UNDP India named famous Indian Youtuber and actor Prajakta Koli as India’s first ever ‘Youth Climate Champion’.
i.Prajakta Koli is famously known for her YouTube channel – ‘MostlySane’.
- Which was selected as the “Children’s Word of the Year 2021” by Oxford University Press?
5) IsolateAnswer-2) Anxiety
As a part of its annual “Oxford Children’s Language Report 2021: the language of wellbeing in the wake of a global pandemic”, the Oxford University Press(OUP), has declared ‘Anxiety’ as the Children’s Word of the Year 2021.
- Name India’s 1st ever AI based 3D virtual platform that was launched by Spices Board of India for facilitating Spices exports.
1) Spice Xchange India
3) ComXchange India
4) Export Xchange
5) Xchange eXport IndiaAnswer-1) Spice Xchange India
India’s first virtual platform for spices exports namely ‘Spice Xchange India (spicexchangeindia.com)’ was launched by Minister of state (MoS) Som Parkash, Ministry of Commerce and Industry during a hybrid event held in Kochi, Kerala.
• Launched by Spices Board India, it is an artificial intelligence (AI)-based 3D virtual platform to connect spice buyers with exporters in India.
- A web portal named ‘Koyla Darpan’ was recently (in Jan’22) launched to share key performance indicators in the _________ sector.
1) Oil Refineries
3) Road Transport
4) Digital Media
5) AviationAnswer-2) Coal
Dr Anil Kumar Jain, Secretary, Ministry of Coal, has launched the ‘Koyla Darpan’, a portal to share the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to the Coal Sector. To enable maximum public outreach, the portal can be assessed through the website of the Ministry of coal.
- Which Country recently (in Jan’22) developed a 2 feet large “Artificial Moon” to simulate low-gravity environments using magnetism?
5) RussiaAnswer-4) China
Chinese scientists have built a research facility, “artificial moon”, located in the city of Xuzhou, Jiangsu province, which will enable them to simulate low-gravity environments using magnetism. The research facility will also provide valuable research for the lunar exportation activities of China.
i.The facility will use powerful magnetic fields inside a 2-foot-diameter (60 centimeters) vacuum chamber to make gravity “disappear”.
- What is the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) limit permitted by the Indian government in the ‘Print Media’ sector?
5) 100%Answer-4) 26%
Indian government has set the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) limit in the ‘Media & Entertainment sector’, which includes Print Media, Televisions, Cinemas along with digital media platforms like OTT, Gaming etc, is at 26%.