AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 22 June 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Where did Indian Navy conduct a Joint Naval Exercise (in June’21) with European Union Naval Force Somalia (EU NAVFOR)?
1) South Atlantic Sea
2) Gulf of Aden
3) Bay of Bengal
4) Arabian Sea
5) Gulf of Oman
Answer-2) Gulf of Aden
The inauguration edition of the Joint Naval Exercise between Indian Navy & European Union Naval Force Somalia (EU NAVFOR also known as Operation Atalanta) took place at Gulf of Aden from June 18-19, 2021.
- Which organisation hosted the Conference of BRICS Network Universities (in June’21) under the theme – “Electric Mobility”?
1) IISc Bangalore
2) IIT Madras
3) IIT Bombay
4) NIT Warangal
5) IIT Roorkee
Answer-3) IIT Bombay
IIT Bombay virtually hosted the 3-day long Conference of BRICS Network Universities, under the theme – “Electric Mobility”. Union Minister Nitin Gadkari, addressed the inaugural session of the conference.
Members – Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa
2021 Chair – India
1st BRICS Summit took place in 2009 in Russia
- Identify the points that are correctly related to ‘World Investment Report 2021’
A) The report was released by the World Trade Organisation
B) India became the 5th Largest recipient of FDI inflow in 2020, while USA remains the top destination for FDI inflow
C) In 2020, Japan made the World’s largest FDI outflow
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only C
4) Only A & C
5) Only B
Answer-5) Only B
According to the ‘World Investment Report 2021’ released by the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) – India received Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflows worth USD 64 billion in 2020 making it the 5th largest recipient of inflows in the world.
i.The USA with 156 Billion was the top destination for FDI inflow in 2020 followed by China.
ii.Countries with Largest FDI outflows are topped by China, followed by Luxembourg & Japan.
- Name the bank that signed an MoU (in June’21) with National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) under ‘NSIC Bank Credit Facilitation Scheme’ to provide loans to the MSME sector.
1) Punjab National Bank
2) Indian Bank
3) Kotak Mahindra Bank
4) Union Bank of India
5) IndusInd Bank
Answer-4) Union Bank of India
Union Bank of India entered into an MOU with the National Small Industries Corporation Ltd (NSIC) under ‘NSIC Bank Credit Facilitation Scheme’ to support Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) with credit requirements.
- Who won the 2021 Iranian Presidential election to become the new President-elect of Iran?
1) Hassan Rouhan
2) Naftali Bennett
3) Ebrahim Raisi
4) Ali Khamenei
5) Reuven Rivlin
Answer-3) Ebrahim Raisi
Iranian Chief justice Ebrahim Raisi became the President-elect of Iran, after winning the 2021 Iranian presidential election. He will succeed Hassan Rouhani.
Supreme leader: Ali Khamenei
Currency: Iranian rial
- Which country (in June’21) launched the 3-member human space mission through ‘Shenzhou 12’ spacecraft?
3) South Korea
In June 2021, China launched its newest Human Space Mission through the ‘Shenzhou 12’ spacecraft using the Long March 2F rocket. The 3-member space mission is set to assemble ‘Tianhe’, the core module of China’s newest Space Station – “Tiangong”.
- What is the theme of 2021’s World Refugee Day that is annually observed by the United Nations on 20th June?
1) Embracing Refugees to Celebrate our Common Humanity
2) Now More Than Ever, We Need to Stand with Refugees
3) Together we heal, learn and shine
4) Every action counts
5) Refugees: Ordinary People Forced to Flee
Answer-3) Together we heal, learn and shine
The United Nations World Refugee Day is annually observed across the globe on 20th June to support and protect the refugees across the globe and focus on the inclusion of refugees in Healthcare, education and sports.
Theme – “Together we heal, learn and shine”
- Annually, 21st June is observed by the UN as ‘International Day of the Celebration of the Solstice’ marking the arrival of Summer Solstice. What happens during the Summer Solstice?
1) The Sun, Moon & Earth are in Straight Line
2) The Sun comes directly over the Tropic of Capricorn
3) The Sun comes directly over the Equator
4) The Sun comes directly over the Tropic of Cancer
5) The Sun, Moon & Earth are in Perpendicular directions
Answer-4) The Sun comes directly over the Tropic of Cancer
The United Nations(UN)’s International Day of the Celebration of the Solstice is annually observed across the globe on 21st June to create awareness about solstices and equinoxes and to highlight their significance in various religions and ethnic cultures. June 21 is also known as “Summer Solstice”.
i.Summer Solstice is the longest day in the Northern hemisphere, where the Sun comes directly over the Tropic of Cancer.
- Which state government launched “Ashirbad” scheme to provide financial assistance to Children orphaned in COVID-19?
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched a scheme named ‘Ashirbad’ on Father’s Day (June 20, 2021) to provide monthly financial support to all orphan children who have lost one or both their parents during COVID-19 from April 2020.
- Who was the 1st Woman Chairperson of NASSCOM?
1) Chitra Ramkrishna
2) Chanda Kochhar
3) Rekha M. Menon
4) Roshni Nadar
5) Soma Mondal
Answer-3) Rekha M. Menon
In April 2012, Rekha M. Menon, Chairperson & MD of Accenture India was appointed as the 1st Woman Chairperson of National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM).