AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 21 July 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- _________________ is planning to build India’s 1st ‘Green Hydrogen’ plant at ________________
1) ONGC; Jamnagar, Gujarat
2) Indian Oil Corporation; Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
3) ONGC; Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
4) Indian Oil Corporation; Jamnagar, Gujarat
5) ONGC; Mangalore, Karnataka
Answer-2) Indian Oil Corporation; Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) is set to build India’s 1st ‘Green Hydrogen’ plant at Mathura refinery, Uttar Pradesh (UP). Through this, it aims to cater to the growing demand for cleaner forms of energy.
i.Green hydrogen is hydrogen produced by splitting water by electrolysis.
- In July 2021, India successfully conducted its 1st High-Speed Rail Trails with _________ from Jaynagar in _____________.
1) Bangladesh; Bihar
2) Bhutan; Sikkim
3) Bangladesh; West Bengal
4) Nepal; Uttar Pradesh
5) Nepal; Bihar
Answer-5) Nepal; Bihar
India successfully conducted the 1st High-Speed Rails Trails between India & Nepal i.e. Jaynagar – Kurtha Railway link connecting India’s Jaynagar in Bihar and Nepal’s Kurtha.
i.It has been set up by IRCON (Indian Railway Construction Limited) under India – Nepal friendship rail project and is financed by India
- In July 2021, __________ in partnership with LegitDoc, implemented the World’s largest Blockchain-powered educational credentialing system, thereby making India the _____ country in the World to have such a system.
1) Maharashtra; 4th
2) Gujarat; 4th
3) Karnataka; 2nd
4) Gujarat; 3rd
5) Maharashtra; 3rd
Answer-1) Maharashtra; 4th
Maharashtra Government, with the help of LegitDoc, a blockchain startup, implements the world’s largest blockchain-powered educational credentialing system by issuing tamper-proof digital diploma certificates under the blockchain system.
i.With this India becomes the 4th country in the World to achieve such a registry after Malta, Singapore, and Bahrain.
- Where is Indian Government planning to set-up an ‘Indian Institute of Heritage’ with world class conservation & research facilities?
1) Gurugram, Haryana
2) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
3) New Delhi
4) Noida, Uttar Pradesh
5) Patna, Bihar
Answer-4) Noida, Uttar Pradesh
The Central Government has decided to set up a world class Indian Institute of Heritage at Noida, Gautam Buddha Nagar (Uttar Pradesh) to focus on conservation and research in India’s tangible heritage.
- Identify the organisation that partnered (in July’21) with the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) for Digital Upskilling Indian workforce
Cisco Networking Academy & the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) have announced a partnership for Digital Upskilling of the Indian workforce.
i.Objective – To upskill the existing talent in emerging technologies to drive innovation, accelerate growth, and transform India into a Digital Talent Nation.
- In July 2021, North Eastern Railways renamed Manduadih Railway Station as _______________.
1) Sultanpur Railway Station
2) Banaras Railway Station
3) Prayagraj Railway Station
4) Varanasi Railway Station
5) Gorakhpur Railway Station
Answer-2) Banaras Railway Station
North Eastern Railways (NER) has renamed the Manduadih Railway Station in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh as Banaras Railway Station.
- Asian Development Bank has projected India’s GDP growth rate for FY22 as _______ and for FY23 as _______.
1) 10%; 7.5%
2) 11%; 7%
3) 12%; 6.5%
4) 10%; 6.5%
5) 11%; 7%
Answer-1) 10%; 7.5%
Asian Development Bank (ADB) in its Asian Development Outlook (ADO) 2021 Supplement has projected India’s GDP growth for FY22 as 10%. While the GDP growth estimate for FY23 is 7.5%.
- Identify the research institute that developed “NBDriver” – a mathematical model to study cancer cells
1) NIT Trichy
2) IIT New Delhi
3) IIT Madras
4) IISc Bangalore
5) NIT Warangal
Answer-3) IIT Madras
Researchers from the Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (RBCDSAI), IIT-Madras developed the mathematical model based on Artificial Intelligence (AI), called NBDriver (neighbourhood driver) to study the cancer-causing mutations in cells.
- When did United Nations observed the 1st World Chess Day?
1) 19th July 2019
2) 18th July 2019
3) 20th July 2020
4) 18th July 2021
5) 19th July 2021
Answer-3) 20th July 2020
The United Nations(UN)’s World Chess Day is annually observed across the globe on 20th July to highlight the role of the World Chess Federation or International Chess Federation (FIDE).
i.The 1st UN’s World Chess Day was observed on 20th July 2020.
- What is ‘ECB’ with respect to the Reserve Bank of India?
1) Electronic Control Brochure
2) Exchange Control Board
3) Economic Corporation Board
4) Export Credit Bank
5) External Commercial Borrowing
Answer-5) External Commercial Borrowing
External Commercial Borrowings (ECBs) are loans in India made by non-resident lenders in foreign currency to Indian borrowers.