AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 21 April 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In April 2021, the Finance Ministry made changes to the Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS).
Identify the points that are correct with respect to ECLGS:
A) Non-Banking Financial Institutions were included to the beneficiaries of SMA-1 (Special Mention Accounts-1)
B) ECLGS already includes 26 sectors recommended by K V Kamath Committee
C) Central Govt. targets to provide loan of Rs. 3 lakh crores to various sectors
1) Only A
2) All A, B & C
3) Only B & C
4) Only C
5) Only A & C
Answer-3) Only B & C
The Ministry of Finance has extended the Scope of ECLGS 2.0 component of Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) by including SMA-1 (Special Mention Accounts-1) of the Healthcare sector.
i.ECLGS 2.0 already includes borrowers from 26 sectors identified by RBI (Reserve Bank of India) constituted K V Kamath Committee.
ii.In March, 2021, the Ministry of Finance had extended the validity of ECLGS (ECLGS 1.0, 2.0 & 3.0) by another 3 months till June 30, 2021 or till an amount of INR 3 Lakh crore (Target Credit Line) is reached.
- Which country recently (in Apr’21) announced a grant assistance of Rs. 8.12 Crore for Indo-Pacific Ocean Initiative (IPOI)?
3) South Korea
Australia has announced a grant of AUD 1.4 Million (INR 8.12 Crore) under the newly launched ‘Australia-India Indo-Pacific Oceans Initiative Partnership (AIIPOIP)’ programme of the Indo-Pacific Ocean Initiative (IPOI).
IPOI was launched in 2019 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to safeguard the maritime domain of the Indo-Pacific region. It has outlined 7 pillars to achieve this.
- According to the ‘State of the Global Climate 2020’ released by __________, Cyclone __________ caused economic losses worth 1.5 lakh crores, making it the costliest tropical cyclone in the North Indian Ocean.
1) India Meteorological Department, Amphan
2) World Meteorological Organization, Amphan
3) Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Nivar
4) India Meteorological Department, Burevi
5) World Meteorological Organization, Nivar
Answer-2) World Meteorological Organization, Amphan
According to the ‘State of the Global Climate 2020’ released by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), Cyclone Amphan which made Landfall in the India-Bangladesh border in May 2020 caused Economic losses of ~ USD 14 Billion (~Rs. 1.5 Lakh Crore) to India. It was the costliest tropical cyclone on record for the North Indian Ocean.
- ____________ released the ‘Global Energy Review 2021’ that the _______ emission levels in 2020 were the 2nd Largest increase in emissions ever.
1) World Meteorological Organization, Sulfur Dioxide
2) International Energy Agency, Particulate Matter
3) International Energy Forum, Sulfur Dioxide
4) World Meteorological Organization, Carbon Dioxide
5) International Energy Agency, Carbon Dioxide
Answer-5) International Energy Agency, Carbon Dioxide
According to ‘Global Energy Review 2021’ released by International Energy Agency (IEA), Global CO2 emissions are set to touch 33 Billion Tonnes in 2021, an increase of 5% compared to 2020 Levels (up by 1.5 Billion Tonnes from 2020). It is the 2nd Largest increase in emissions ever.
80% of coal demand in 2021 is set to come from Asia, led by China.
- Which company appointed cricketers, Washington Sundar & Devdutt Padikkal as its brand ambassadors in April 2021?
4) Adidas India
5) Puma India
Answer-5) Puma India
Puma India, leading German sportswear brand signed a long term endorsement deal with Indian Cricketers, Washington Sundar and Devdutt Padikkal. Both Sundar and Padikkal will be joining Puma as its brand ambassadors.
Puma is the official kit partner of the Royal Challengers Bangalore(RCB) in the IPL 2021.
- In April 2021, Kim Boo-kyum was appointed as the Prime Minister of which country?
4) South Korea
Answer-4) South Korea
Moon Jae-in, President of South Korea nominated Kim Boo-kyum, the former Minister of the Interior and Safety as the new Prime Minister (PM) of South Korea. Kim Boo-kyum will be the 3rd PM under the government headed by President Moon Jae-in.
About South Korea:
President– Moon Jae-in
Currency– South Korean won
- Which country signed an agreement (in Apr’21) to take over the 100% shares of ‘AirtelTigo’ from Bharti Airtel & Millicom International Cellular?
1) South Africa
Answer- 2) Ghana
In April 2021, the government of Ghana made an agreement with Bharti Airtel, and Millicom International Cellular S.A. to acquire the 100% shares of AirtelTigo. After the agreement Ghana will take over AirtelTigo along with all its customers, assets and liabilities and later it will operate as a state-entity of Ghana.
- Which Space organisation was the 1st to land a helicopter called ‘Ingenuity’ on the Martian surface?
On 19th April 2021, the ‘Ingenuity’, the experimental Mars helicopter of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) became the first helicopter to take powered, controlled flight on another planet(Mars).
- Which is the 1st bank to start Aadhaar-based ATM service?
1) IndusInd Bank
2) Karur Vysya Bank
3) DCB Bank
4) City Union Bank
5) RBL Bank
Answer-3) DCB Bank
DCB Bank is the first bank in India to start an Aadhaar-based ATM service (2016).
- In April 2021, Padma Shri awardee, writer G Venkatasubbaiah passed away. Which state does he belong to?
2) Tamil Nadu
3) West Bengal
On 19th April 2021, a well-known Kannada writer Padma G Venkatasubbaiah passed away following a renal problem.
He was popularly known as a ‘Walking Encyclopedia of Kannada language and culture’.
He was awarded Padma Shri in 2017 for his contribution to literature and education.