AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 20 June 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- PM Narendra Modi has launched the two stage electronic auction of 41 coal blocks for commercial mining recently. The e-auction was initiated by Coal ministry in association with which organization?
1) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
2) Electronic Component Industries Association (ELCINA)
3) National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
4) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
5) Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
Answer-1) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
On the lines of the announcement made by the Central government under the 20 Lakh crore Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan, on June 18, 2020, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the two stage electronic auction of 41 coal blocks for commercial mining through video-conference. The process of this e-auction was initiated by the Ministry of Coal in association with FICCI as an industry partner under the provisions of Coal Mines (Special Provisions) Act, 2015 and Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, 1957. It should be noted that this auction has opened India’s coal sector for private players.
- Who heads the project management cell formed by Ministry of New & Renewable Energy to attract investment in green energy sector?
1) Sangita Reddy
2) Anil Kumar Jain
3) Amitesh Kumar Sinha
4) Ravi Shankar Nanjundiah
5) Renu Swarup
Answer-3) Amitesh Kumar Sinha
The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has set up a Project Development Cell (PDC) under its joint secretary Amitesh Kumar Sinha to attract investment in clean energy, especially in the solar sector.
- Which state has provided most number of employment under MGNREGA as per government data released on June 15, 2020?
5) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-5) Uttar Pradesh
In accordance with the official government data, on June 15, 2020, Uttar Pradesh (UP) has provided employment to 57,12,975 workers in 56,981 village panchayats of the state under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS), making it the top Indian state to provide highest employment under MGNREGS. This employment is 18% of the total work generated under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) in the country.
- As per India’s 1st report on climate crisis titled “Assessment of climate change over the Indian region” prepared with the support of Earth science ministry, what is the increase in average temperature of India during the period 1901-2018 (in °C)?
India released its first national report on the state of the climate crisis titled “Assessment of climate change over the Indian region” prepared with the support of the Ministry of Earth Science(MoES) and edited by the scientists of the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology(IITM), Pune. Note: This report is published as an open access book by Spring Nature. The average temperature of India has raised by 0.7 degree celsius in 1901 – 2018 due to the emission of greenhouse gases(GHG) and projected to rise by 2.7 degree Celsius by 2099 in the best care scenario and in the worst case scenario a rise will 4.4 degree Celsius.
- Union minister Harsh Vardhan has launched India’s 1st I-Lab mobile diagnostic unit for testing COVID-19. The lab is created by which company with the support of Department of Biotechnology?
1) Polymed Medical Devices
2) Transasia Bio-Medicals Ltd.
3) Lotus Surgicals Limited
4) Andhra Pradesh Med-tech Zone
5) Trivitron Healthcare
Answer-4) Andhra Pradesh Med-tech Zone
In order to provide COVID-19 testing access to rural inaccessible areas of India, the Minister for Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Health & Family Welfare Harsh Vardhan inaugurated and flagged off India’s first I-Lab (Infectious disease diagnostic lab) from New Delhi as a part of DBT-AMTZ COMManD [COVID Medtech Manufacturing Development] Consortia. I-Lab is a mobile testing facility that has been created by the Andhra Pradesh Med-tech Zone (AMTZ) team with the support of Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under the National Biopharma Mission being implemented by the Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC).
- Which state/UT has launched ‘First Bell’ initiative for online classes in the state schools?
2) Tamil Nadu
Classes for State school students, under the name First Bell, will get under way on June 1 through the KITE Victers channel and other online mechanisms. The Kerala Infrastructure and Technology for Education (KITE) has brought out the timetable for conducting the classes.
- Tata Power signed agreement with which state to develop 100 MW solar project?
3) Madhya Pradesh
Tata Power Renewable Energy Limited (TPREL) has received a letter of award from Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co Ltd. (MSEDCL) to develop a 100 MW solar project in Maharashtra.
- India will hold the presidency of United Nations Security Council (UNSC) during which month of the year 2021?
India will serve as the president of the United Nation Security Council (15-Member) for the month of August 2021, which has been elected as a non-permanent member of the Security Council for two years (2021-22). Following the English alphabetical order of the member states’ names, the presidency of the Council is held by each of the members in turn for one month.
- The central government has approved to provide fund of Rs 1,829 for implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission for which state?
3) Madhya Pradesh
The Centre has approved funding of 1,829 crore rupees for the effective implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in Maharashtra for 2020-21 on the basis of the Annual Action Plan (AAP) for 2020-21 presented by Maharashtra to the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation. Also Rs 1,189.40 Crore was allocated for Karnataka & 156.61 Crore Tripura in FY 2020-21.
- India’s economy will contract by _____ in 2020-21 as per estimation of Asian Development Bank in its report titled Asian Development Outlook.
In accordance with the Asian Development Outlook (ADO) by Asian Development Bank (ADB), for FY20-21, Indian economy is projected to contract by 4% in fiscal year (FY) 2020, ending on 31 March 2021, before growing 5.0% in FY2021.
- Who has been appointed as the ambassador of JSW cement’s marketing campaign ‘Leaders Choice’?
1) Sourav Ganguly
2) Sachin Tendulkar
3) Sunil Chhetri
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)
Answer-5) Both 1) and 3)
JSW Cement, a part of JSW Group, signed former Indian cricket captain Sourav Ganguly the current president of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and Sunil Chhetri, captain of India’s National Football Team & Bengaluru FC as their brand ambassadors for their marketing campaign Leaders Choice in West Bengal, Bihar and Odisha.
- According to 69th edition of “Statistical Review of World Energy 2020” released by BP plc, what is India’s rank based on amount of energy consumption in 2019?
According to the 69th edition of “Statistical Review of World Energy 2020”, which collects and analyses energy data for 2019, released by UK (United Kingdom) based oil and gas company BP plc, India was the 2nd major market after China to increase primary energy consumption in the year 2019. On the other hand, India’s energy consumption in 2019 was the 3rd largest (34.06 EJ-an increase of 2.3%) only after China (141.70 EJ) and United States (94.65 EJ). Despite, the rate of growth in energy consumption in the year 2019 has been slower than in 2018.
- Saudi Arabia’s public investment fund has bought ____% stake in jio platforms for Rs 11,367 Crores recently.
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL)’s Jio Platforms stepped into 11th deal with Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF), who bought 2.32% stake in Jio Platforms for Rs 11,367 crores. With this investment, Jio Platforms has raised Rs 115,693.95 crores (1.15 lakh crores) from leading global investors since April 22, which is the largest continuous fund raised by a company in the world.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the acquisition of Metso Oyj’s minerals business by Outotec Oyj under which section of competition act, 2002?
1) Section 32 (3)
2) Section 31 (1)
3) Section 32 (2)
4) Section 31 (2)
5) Section 32 (1)
Answer-2) Section 31 (1)
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the acquisition of Metso Oyj’s (Metso) minerals business by Outotec Oyj (Outotec) under section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002.
- NASA Astronomers discovers 240-year-old neutron star named ‘Swift J1818.0−1607’ recently. The study was published in which journal?
1) Astronomy & Geophysics
2) The Astrophysical Journal
3) The Astronomical Journal
4) Astronomy & Astrophysics
5) Astrophysics and Space Science
Answer-2) The Astrophysical Journal
Astronomers at the US (United Sates) based space agency NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) have discovered the youngest known magnetar (a type of neutron star) named “Swift J1818.0-1607” about 16,000 light years away from Earth. The study has been published in the Astrophysical Journal Letters.
- Which Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) has developed herbal infusion technology to help marginal farmers in mid-Himalayan region?
1) IIT Kharagpur
2) IIT Roorkee
3) IIT Calcutta
4) IIT Madras
5) IIT Mandi
Answer-5) IIT Mandi
Researchers of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mandi have developed an herbal infusion technology, as a source of income for local marginal farmers in the mid-Himalayas.
- Who authored the book titled “The Family and The Nation” along with Acharya Mahapragya?
1) VP Singh
2) Manmohan Singh
3) Pranab Mukherjee
4) Pratibha Patil
5) APJ Abdul Kalam
Answer-5) APJ Abdul Kalam
The Prime Minister recently mentioned one of his books – “The Family and The Nation” which was written by Acharya Mahapragya along with Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
- B.P.R. Vithal Baru who passed away in June 2020 is a renowned _______.
2) Sand Artist
Veteran economist & member of the 10th Finance Commission, IAS B.P.R. Vithal Baru passed away at 93 in Hyderabad due to old age-related ailments. He was born in 1926. He was influential in shaping the demand for Telangana state through his essay titled “The Telangana Surpluses: A Case Study”.
- KR Schidanandan who passed away recently is a scriptwriter and Filmmaker in which language?
KR Sachidanandan (Sachy), Malayalam script writer & director passed away due to cardiac arrest and hypoxic brain damage in Jubilee Mission Hospital, Thrissur. He was a native of Kodungallur, Thrissur.
- Journalist & Freedom fighter Dinu Ranadive who is in news recently is a founder-editor of which journal?
1) Samyukta Maharashtra Patrika
2) Loksatta Arthbramha
3) Chitralekha Marathi
4) Champak – Marathi
5) Heartfulness Patrika
Answer-1) Samyukta Maharashtra Patrika
Veteran journalist and freedom fighter Dinu Ranadive passed away at 95 in his residency in Dadar, Maharashtra due to a short illness. He was born in 1925 in Dahanu tehsil of adjoining Palghar district, Maharashtra. Dinu Randive in the 1950s started his career as the founder-editor of “Samyukta Maharashtra Patrika”.
- The International day for the elimination of sexual violence in conflict was observed on June 19 annually since which year?
19th June 2020 marks the 6th international day for the elimination of sexual violence in conflict which is observed every year to create awareness about the conflict related sexual violence. The day was established by the United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) in 2015.
- World Sickle Cell Day was observed every year on _____.
1) June 20
2) June 18
3) June 17
4) June 19
5) June 21
Answer-4) June 19
Every year on June 19 the World Sickle Cell Day is observed to increase public knowledge & understanding about sickle cell disease. The day also aims to put forth the challenges faced by these patients, their families and caregivers. The 1st day was celebrated on June 19, 2009.
- Which state observe 19th Great June Uprising Day every year?
Manipur observes the 19th Great June Uprising Day in memory of the 18 people who lost their lives on 18th June 2001 in the June uprising to protect the territorial integrity of Manipur.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the present minister of Earth science?
1) Harsh Vardhan
2) Rajnath Singh
3) Amit Shah
4) Jual Oram
5) Prakash Javadekar
Answer-1) Harsh Vardhan
Dr. Harsh Vardhan is the Minister of Science and Technology and the Minister of Earth Sciences & Minister of Health and Family Welfare.
- Yaosang festival is celebrated in which state?
Yaosang is a festival celebrated in Manipur for five days in spring, starting on the full moon day of the month of Lamda (February–March).
- What is the constituency of Union minister Harsh Vardhan?
5) Chandni Chowk
Answer-5) Chandni Chowk
The Constituency of Union Health and Family Welfare minister & Earth Science Minister & Science and Tech Minister Harsh Vardhan is Chandni Chowk, Delhi.
- Ellora caves is the UNESCO heritage site located in which state?
4) Tamil Nadu
Ellora is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in the Aurangabad district of Maharashtra, India.
- Which city is called as financial capital of India?
1) New Delhi
Mumbai is also called as the financial capital of India.