AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 17 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the person who heads the 8-member panel constituted by Government of India, which proposed an institutional framework for valuers by setting up National Institute of Valuers (NIV).
1) Tapan Roy
2) Usha Thorat
3) M S Sahoo
4) A S Mehta
5) Amitabh Kant
Answer-3) M S Sahoo
The government-appointed 8-member committee of experts headed by IBBI (Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India) Chairperson M S Sahoo has submitted a report on “valuation professionals” and proposed an institutional framework for valuers by setting up National Institute of Valuers (NIV). In this regard the committee has submitted its report to the Government of India on March 31, 2020 along with Draft Valuers Bill, 2020, recommending establishing a National Institute of Valuers, which is now open for comments till May 14, 2020.
- What is the name of stores (for essential commodities) which was set by Government under PPP model during lockdown?
1) Didi stores
2) Jan stores
3) Grocery stores
4) AamAdmi stores
5) Suraksha stores
Answer-5) Suraksha stores
In order to provide daily essentials to Indian citizens during the extended lockdown, the government will set up 20 lakh retail shops through public-private partnership (PPP) namely ‘Suraksha Stores’ across India in the next 45 days. In this regard, the neighbourhood Kirana (general) stores will be converted into sanitized retail outlets selling daily essentials while adhering to safety norms such as social distancing to control the spread of the novel coronavirus.
- Name the company which has launched an initiative named ‘Pragati’ to drive women entrepreneurship and to spread awareness and adoption of technology among women in India.
The Pragati initiative of Facebook will incubate and accelerate early-stage women-led non-profits that are working to drive women entrepreneurship and to spread awareness and adoption of technology among women in India. Facebook Pragati will award four grants of up to ₹50 lakh for each non-profit to scale their work.
- Name the bank which has launched safety grid campaign for social distancing.
1) HDFC Bank
2) UCO Bank
3) Syndicate Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) Axis Bank
Answer-1) HDFC Bank
The Housing Development Finance Corporation(HDFC) Bank has launched Safety Grid campaign which was conceptualized by Leo Burnett India to help people maintain social distancing as prescribed by the World Health Organization (WHO) while waiting at shops during Lockdown.
- What is the percentage decline in exports (amounting to $314.31 billion) in Financial Year 2019-20 in India, as per data of Commerce and Industry ministry?
In accordance with the figures released by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Indian exports of goods decreased by 34.57% to $21.41 billion due to COVID-19 spread which has interrupted the production and supply chains. With this, the overall export for FY 2019-20 declined by 4.78% to $314.31 billion. This is likely to be the steepest fall in monthly exports since 2008-09, when shipments dipped by 33.3% in March 2009.
- As per International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) latest report,Name the countries which will have positive growth rate in 2020.
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) in its latest report has placed India & China as the fastest-growing emerging economies of the world with a positive growth rate in 2020.
- Tamas Ajan has resigned from the post of President of International Weightlifting Federation (IWF). Where is the HQ of IWF located?
1) Vienna, Austria
2) Budapest, Hungary
3) Lausanne, Switzerland
4) London, UK
5) New York, US
Answer-2) Budapest, Hungary
International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) President Tamas Ajan, 81 years old, resigned in the wake of allegations of corruption and doping violations. The IWF Executive Board accepted the resignation of the IWF president. Ursula Papandrea (1st ever women president) will be the acting president of IWF.Headquarters– Budapest, Hungary.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the MD&CEO of Credit rating agency, CARE Ratings (HQ – Mumbai, MH).
1) Sanjiv Reddy
2) T.N. Kumar
3) Ajay Mahajan
4) M V Manoharan
5) Ravi Kumar
Answer-3) Ajay Mahajan
Credit Analysis and Research Limited (CARE) appointed Ajay Mahajan as Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the company for 5 years commencing from April 15, 2020. He was the successor of T.N. Kumar- Interim CEO of the company.
- Find the Indian cricket player who has been appointed as the Brand Ambassador for Dubai based cricket coaching academy ‘CricKingdom’.
1) Shafali Verma
2) Rohit Sharma
3) Harmanpreet Kaur
4) Virat Kohli
5) Ravinder Jadeja
Answer-2) Rohit Sharma
Limited-overs Vice-captain of Indian cricket team Rohit Sharma was named brand ambassador of “CricKingdom” a Dubai-based cricket coaching academy which provides a platform for online coaching after the global COVID-19 pandemic subsides.
- Vineet Arora has been appointed as the MD&CEO of which Insurance company?
1) Aegon Life Insurance Company
2) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
3) Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Limited
4) Paytm General Insurance Limited
5) Reliance General Insurance Company Limited
Answer-4) Paytm General Insurance Limited
Paytm, a major digital payment system and financial service platform, appoints Vineet Arora as the Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Paytm General Insurance Limited (Ltd).
- The Union minister of Agriculture Narendra Singh Tomar has chaired the National conference 2020 on which crops (in April 2020)?
The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar chaired the National Conference on Kharif crops 2020 by video conference & stated that all states should aim to achieve the kharif target and also the doubling of farmers’ income should be taken up in mission mode.
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has attended the 2nd G20 Finance Ministers and central bank Governors conference. What is the 2020 presidency theme of G20?
1) Trade and Investment in 2020
2) Realizing Opportunities of the 21st Century for All
3) Women’s empowerment for the Decade
4) Building consensus for fair and sustainable development
5) Shaping an interconnected world
Answer-2) Realizing Opportunities of the 21st Century for All
Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs, Nirmala Sitharaman attended the virtual session of the 2nd G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG). The meet was conducted under the presidency of Saudi Arabia. Its objective was to discuss the global economic outlook amid COVID-19 pandemic crisis.2020 G20 Presidency theme– Realizing Opportunities of the 21st Century for All.
- National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) cleared the acquisition of IL&FS Wind Power Services Ltd (IWPSL) by ORIX corporation. Who is the chairman of NCLAT?
1) Rajiv Kumar
2) Hardeep Singh
3) Jyoti Mukhopadhaya
5) Bansi Lal Bhat
Answer-5) Bansi Lal Bhat
ORIX Corporation, a Japanese diversified financial services group, has completed its acquisition of 100% stake held by cash-strapped Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services (IL&FS) in its wholly-owned subsidiary IL&FS Wind Power Services Ltd (IWPSL) for Rs 6.05 crore. The present NCLAT chairman is Justice Bansi Lal Bhat.
- Name the app which is fastest in the world to reach 5 crore downloads in just 13 days.
5) Google Play
The National Institution for Transforming India (NITI Aayog) Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Amitabh Kant stated that Centre’s mobile app, AarogyaSetu, which is developed for tracking COVID-19 patients, has become the world’s fastest app to reach 50 million (5 crore) downloads in just 13 days.
- The Central Government has inaugurated the ‘PUSA decontamination and sanitizing tunnel’ in Delhi recently. Name the organisation (developed by organisation’s insititute) which developed the tunnel.
1) Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
2) Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
3) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
4) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
5) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
Answer-1) Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
Minister of State (MoS) for Agriculture Kailash Choudhary inaugurated a “PUSA decontamination and sanitizing tunnel” in Delhi and was developed by the government research body ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research)- IARI (Indian Agricultural Research Institute).
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has found coronavirus in which animal species?
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) in a 1st of its study in collaboration with a team of scientists from the National Institute of Virology (NIV), Pune, have found out ‘Bat coronavirus’ (BtCoV) from 25 bats in 2 Indian bat species namely, Pteropus (Indian Flying Fox) and Rousettus (old world fruit bats).
- The scientists of Birmingham University (UK) the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (US) have observed the biggest supernova (stellar explosion) named SN2016aps. Name the Journal which published the finding.
1) New Astronomy
2) Journal Nature
3) Astrophysics and space science
4) The Astrophysical Journal
5) Nature Astronomy
Answer-5) Nature Astronomy
An international team of scientists led by the University of Birmingham in the UK (United Kingdom) and the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics in the US (United States), have observed the biggest supernova (stellar explosion) named SN2016aps. This supernova is 10 times more powerful than a normal supernova but is also about 500 times brighter than that.The findings has been published in peer reviewed journal Nature Astronomy.
- The ‘SuChek’is developed under the financial assistant of ICMR. SuChek is what meter?
As informed by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), “SuChek” has been developed with financial assistance from ICMR, which is 100% indigenous glucometer suitable for diverse climatic conditions, affordable and validated as per International standards. Another indigenous device developed as a part of ICMR study for HbA1c testing is under validation.
- Name the NASA’s satellite which can give early warning signals for earthquakes.
For earthquakes, CubeSat Imaging Radar for Earth Sciences (CIRES)’s new kind of radar can sound the alarm of an earthquake before the cataclysm hits which was NASA’s satellite &bulging phenomenon occurs before a volcanic eruption. Magma accumulates and the ground slightly inflates. interferometric synthetic aperture radar (InSAR) can observe this inflation and warn about a particular volcano erupting in that specific area.
- What is the official mascot of 4th Asian Para Games 2022 which was released recently?
2) Yunnan Yunnan
3) Sooty Sooty
4) Fei Fei
5) Yuhina Yuhina
Answer-4) Fei Fei
The Organizing committee of Hangzhou Asian Games has released ‘Fei Fei’ the bird as an official mascot for 4th Asian Para Games 2022, which is scheduled to be held in Hangzhou, China from 9 – 15 October 2022.
- The Sports ministry has initiated 1st ever online training of coaches during covid-19 lockdown. Who is the present MoS (Independent charge) of Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports?
1) Hirdhaya Mayank
2) Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
4) Ravi Shankar Prasad
5) Kiren Rijiju
Answer-5) Kiren Rijiju
As a part of sports Ministry’s first ever online initiative by Sports Authority of India (SAI) and National Sports Federations (NSFs) to upgrade knowledge of coaches, Archery Association of India (AAI) has started first-ever online training of its coaches by experts. The Arjuna and Dronacharya awardee Sanjeeva Singh will conduct mental toughness training for coaches. The present MoS (Independent charge) of Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports is Kiren Rijiju.
- Ranjit Chowdary who passed away in April 2020 is ______.
Bollywood and Indian Theatres actor Ranjit Chowdhry passed away at 65 in the United States. He was born on 19th September 1955 in Mumbai. He was well known for his performance in classic comedies like Baton Baton Mein as SabhiPerreira and Khubsoorat as Jagan Gupta.
- World Voice Day (WVD) was observed annually on April 16. What is the theme for WVD 2020?
1) Focuson your Voice
2) Share Your Voice
3) Value your voice, love your larynx
4) Flow Phonation
5) Healthy and Effective Communication
Answer-1) Focus on your Voice
World Voice Day (WVD) is a worldwide annual event that takes place on April 16 devoted to the celebration of the phenomenon of voice. The day is celebrated to increase the public awareness of the importance of voice and alertness to voice problems. Voice is an important aspect of healthy and effective communication. Theme for the year 2020: FOCUS ON YOUR VOICE.
- The theme for International Day of Mathematics (IDM) 2020 is ‘Mathematics is Everywhere’. When was IDM celebrated annually (1st instance started in 2020)?
1) June 28
2) March 14
3) August 28
4) March 30
5) April 17
Answer-2) March 14
The International Day of Mathematics (IDM) was celebrated for the first time on March 14, 2020 globally. On this day all countries will be invited to participate through activities for both students and the general public in schools, museums, libraries and other spaces. The day was proclaimed by UNESCO (The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) on the 40th session of the General Conference, November 26, 2019. Theme for the year 2020: Mathematics is Everywhere.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Pench tiger reserve is in which Indian state?
Pench Tiger Reserve, Madhya Pradeshwas is in news recently due to a death of a tiger.
- Name the country which halts World Health Organisation (WHO) funds over handling of coronavirus?
- Who is the chairman of HDFC bank?
Answer-Deepak S. Parekh
- Where is the HQ of Paytm located?
- What is the capital and currency of China?
Answer-capital – Beijing & currency – Renminbi
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/current-affairs-april-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try April Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]