AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 14 May 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In May 2021, the Union Cabinet gave approval to several initiatives including the changes made to the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme.
Select the points that are correct with respect to the context of the recent approvals.
A) A National Programme on Advanced Chemistry Cell (ACC) Battery Storage was included under PLI scheme with an outlay of Rs. 18,000 crore
B) All ACC should possess a minimum manufacturing capacity of 5 GWh
C) Himachal Pradesh govt. will use land owned by ITBP for construction of ‘Aerial Passenger Ropeway System’
1) Only B
2) Only B & C
3) All A, B & C
4) Only A & B
5) Only A
Answer-4) Only A & B
In May 2021, Union Cabinet gave approval to the following:
i.Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme – ‘National Programme on Advanced Chemistry Cell (ACC) Battery Storage’ with a Total Outlay of INR 18, 100 Crore.
Each selected ACC battery Storage manufacturer needs to set up an ACC manufacturing facility of minimum 5 GWh capacity.
ii.Transfer of 1500 sq. metres of land belonging to Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) at Mussoorie to the Uttarakhand government for construction of ‘Aerial Passenger Ropeway System’.
iii.Signing of MoU between Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) & Qatar Financial Centre Authority (QFCA).
- According to the report released by CEEW-CEF, India added ________ power generation capacity in 2020-21 with 7.7 GW from ___________.
1) 12.1 GW, Coal Energy
2) 14.8 GW, Solar Energy
3) 12.1 GW, Renewable Energy
4) 14.8 GW, Renewable Energy
5) 13.3 GW, Coal Energy
Answer-3) 12.1 GW, Renewable Energy
According to the Council on Energy, Environment and Water-Centre for Energy Finance (CEEW-CEF) Market Handbook 2020-21, India added 12.1 GigaWatt (GW) power generation capacity in 2020-21, of which 7.7 GW was from renewable energy sources (64%), followed by coal/lignite (3.9 GW) segment.
- In May 2021, National Bamboo Mission (NBM) launched the MIS Module (Management Information Systems). Development of which industry is focused through MIS Module?
National Bamboo Mission (NBM) has launched an MIS Module (Management Information Systems) for strengthening the domestic Agarbatti Industry.
i.NBM comes under the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
- In May 2021, China released its 7th Census, where its population stood at ___________ in 2020 and expected to reach the maximum by __________.
1) 1.41 Billion, 2030
2) 1.56 Billion, 2025
3) 1.56 Billion, 2030
4) 1.56 Billion, 2028
5) 1.41 Billion, 2025
Answer-5) 1.41 Billion, 2025
According to the 7th census conducted by China’s National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), China’s annual population growth stood at ‘0.53%’ in the last decade (2010-20), the lowest since 1953.
i.China’s population stood at 1.41 Billion in 2020
ii.Cause of the slowing growth rate – China’s ‘one-child policy’.
iii.China’s population is expected to reach its peak in 2025.
iv.India may overtake China as the most populous country by 2023 or 2024
- In May 2021, Indian Govt. approved the issuance of Sovereign Gold Bonds for FY22 in 6 trenches.
Identify the points that are correct in relation to Sovereign Gold Bonds:
A) The bonds will be sold by RBI only through Stock Exchanges in India
B) Maximum Purchase limit for an Individual is 4 Kgs for a financial year
C) Maturity duration of the bonds is 8 years
1) Only A
2) Only B & C
3) All A, B & C
4) Only A & B
5) Only C
Answer-2) Only B & C
The Government of India, in consultation with the RBI, decided to issue Sovereign Gold Bonds FY22. The Sovereign Gold Bonds will be issued in 6 tranches from May 2021 to September 2021.
i.It will be sold by RBI through recognised Stock Exchanges, Scheduled Commercial banks (except Small Finance Banks & Payment Banks), Stock Holding Corporation of India Limited (SHCIL), designated post offices.
ii.Maximum purchase limit – 4 Kgs for individual & Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) and 20 Kgs for trusts and similar entities for a FY (April-March)
iii.Tenure – 8 years with exit option after 5th year
iv.Interest rate is fixed at 2.50% per annum
- Which company will be establishing India’s 3rd Power Exchange?
1) JSW Energy Limited.
2) CESC Limited
3) PTC India Limited
4) REC Limited
5) Pranurja Solutions Limited
Answer-5) Pranurja Solutions Limited
Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) has approved the registration to start India’s 3rd Power Exchange. The Power Exchange will be established by Pranurja Solutions Ltd, a company promoted by BSE Investments, PTC Ltd & ICICI Bank.
i.The other two power exchanges in India are Indian Energy Exchange (IEX) & Power Exchange of India Ltd (PXIL).
- Who was appointed (in May’21) as the Undersecretary-General of UN Humanitarian Affairs?
1) Mark Lowcock
2) Marin Griffiths
3) Usha Rao-Monari
4) Liu Zhenmin
5) Ana Maria Menéndez
Answer-2) Marin Griffiths
United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres appointed veteran British diplomat Martin Griffiths as the new UN humanitarian Under Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator(Chief). He succeeds Mark Lowcock, a Briton who has served as undersecretary-general for humanitarian affairs and emergency relief coordinator for four years.
- Who authored the book “All Time Favourites for Children”?
1) Samuel Hopkins Adams
2) J. K. Rowling
3) Ruskin Bond
4) R. K. Narayan
5) Khushwant Singh
Answer-3) Ruskin Bond
Ruskin Bond, is coming up with a new book titled “All Time Favourites for Children” on his 87th birthday on May 19, 2021.
Famous Books – The Adventures of Rusty, Our Trees Still Grow in Dehra, The Room on the Roof
- Which state govt. inaugurated (in May’21) a web portal called “CGTeeka” to facilitate ease of registration process for COVID-19 vaccination?
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, inaugurated “CGTeeka” web portal over a virtual platform from Raipur, Chhattisgarh. The ‘CGTeeka’ portal will make the process of registration for the COVID-19 vaccination convenient for every section of society. The portal was developed by the Chhattisgarh Infotech Promotion Society (CHIPS).
- Various types of ATMs available and the purposes are mentioned in the options. Select the one which is wrongly related.
1) White Label ATM – ATMs are owned and operated by non-bank entities but not outsourced
2) Brown Label ATM – Outsourced ATMs operated by 3rd parties
3) Orange Label ATM – Accessible only to Women customers
4) Yellow Label ATM – E-commerce & Online Purchase
5) Green Label ATM – Agricultural Transaction
Answer-3) Orange Label ATM – Accessible only to Women customers
ATM Type Purpose White Label ATM ATMs are owned and operated by non-bank entities but not outsourced Brown Label ATM Outsourced ATMs operated by 3rd parties Orange Label ATM Share Transactions Yellow Label ATM E-commerce & Online Purchase Green Label ATM Agricultural Transaction Pink label ATM Accessible only to Women customers