AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 1 June 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
Our Current Affairs March 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Under which article, the Supreme Court of India recently (in May’22) recognised sex work as a “Profession”?
1) Article 16 (4)
2) Article 142
3) Article 14
4) Article 124
5) Article 21Answer-2) Article 142
The Supreme Court of India has recognised sex work as a “Profession”, whose practitioners are entitled to dignity and equal protection under the law.
i. The 3-judge bench led by Justice L. Nageswara Rao directed an order passed after invoking special powers under Article 142 of the Constitution.
ii. The court has stated that police should neither interfere nor take criminal action against adult and consenting sex workers and The authorities have a duty to protect them under the Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act, 1956.
iii. Section 354C, Indian Penal Code(IPC), introduced in 2020, makes voyeurism a criminal offence, should be strictly enforced against electronic media, in order to prohibit telecasting photos of sex workers with their clients in the garb of capturing the rescue operation
- In May 2022, the Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) restructured its Risk Management Review Committee (RMRC).
The 14 members committee will be headed by whom?
1) Madhabi Puri Buch
2) Sriram Krishnan
4) Jayanth R Varma
5) Anup BagchiAnswer-4) Jayanth R Varma
The Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has restructured its Risk Management Review Committee (RMRC) which reviews the risk management framework for the Cash and Derivatives (including Commodity derivatives). The 14 members committee will be headed by Professor Jayanth R Varma of Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
i. The Other members of the committee are Sriram Krishnan, Managing Director, Head of Securities Services at Deutsche Bank, Anup Bagchi, Executive Director, ICICI Bank, Kuryan G Stephanos, Vice President – Finance and Management Information Systems at ITC Limited and Gopalarathinam, Head Commercial and Bullion Management of Titan Company Limited.
- Which of the following states has the highest number of Goods and Services Tax (GST) registrations by businesses and dealers, according to the recent data by GoI on the aggregate GST registrations in the 2017-2022 period?
3) Uttar Pradesh
4) Only 1 & 3
5) Only 2 & 3Answer-4) Only 1 & 3
According to the official data from the government of India(GoI) on the aggregate Goods and Services Tax (GST) registrations in the 2017-2022 period, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh(UP) have topped in the GST registration by businesses and dealers followed by Gujarat and Tamil Nadu.
i. According to the data, Maharashtra has 1.48 million normal GST payers, Uttar Pradesh has 1.33 million GST payers, Gujarat has 1.09 million normal and composition taxpayers and Tamil Nadu has 1.06 million GST registrations.
ii. UP has the largest share of small businesses with over 357000 composition dealers.
- Who was recently (in May’22) appointed as the additional charge of Lokpal chairperson?
1) Dinesh Jain
2) Pradip Kumar Mohanty
3) Archana Ramasundaram
4) Bharat Lal
5) Mahender SinghAnswer-2) Pradip Kumar Mohanty
Ram Nath Kovind, President of India, has given justice Pradip Kumar (PK) Mohanty the additional charge of Lokpal chairperson after Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose completed his term as Chairperson of Lokpal on 27th May 2022. Pinaki Chandra Ghose was appointed the first Chief of Lokpal in March 2019.
i. Justice Mohanty, former Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court, has been serving as Member (Judicial), Lokpal since March 2019.
ii. The Lokpal is headed by a chairperson and can have 8 members. At present, there are 6 members in the Lokpal.
- Who was recently (in May’22) appointed as a part-time member of the Pension Fund Regulatory & Development Authority (PFRDA)?
1) Pankaj Sharma
2) RV Verma
3) Vandita Kaul
4) Madhavi Das
5) Rakesh SharmaAnswer-1) Pankaj Sharma
The government of India (GoI) has appointed Pankaj Sharma, the joint Secretary in the Department of Financial Services (DFS) as a part-time member of the Pension Fund Regulatory & Development Authority (PFRDA). He succeeds erstwhile DFS Additional Secretary Vandita Kaul who was repatriated to her parent cadre.
i. PFRDA consists of a Chairman, 3 whole-time members and 3 part-time members. At present only 2 part-time members posts are filled up, Anne George Matthew, Additional Secretary in the Finance Ministry is the other part-time member.
ii. GoI has also appointed Suchindra Mishra, Additional Secretary in DFS as a member of the International Financial Services Authority (IFSCA) board and Shashank Saxena, Senior Economic Advisor in Department of Economic Affairs as a member of IFSCA.
- The Supercomputer ‘PARAM ANANTA’ was inaugurated in which institute under the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM)?
1) IIT Kharagpur
2) IIT Kanpur
3) IIT Gandhinagar
4) IIT Guwahati
5) IIT RoorkeeAnswer-3) IIT Gandhinagar
PARAM ANANTA, a state-of-the art Supercomputer has been commissioned at Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGN),Gujarat under National Supercomputing Mission (NSM).
i. It is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and Department of Science and Technology (DST).
ii. This Supercomputer was commissioned by Smt. Sunita Verma, Group Coordinator & Scientist ‘G’, MeitY.
iii. The 838 teraflops (TF) Supercomputing System is powered with 7400 CPU cores, 52TB RAM, 1PiB of storage space, and an enormous power of GPU nodes along with the usual software stack required to run high-end simulations.
- In May 2022, ________ won the 10th edition of the 2022 Norway Chess Blitz by securing the 1st rank in the tournament, while Indian Grandmaster (GM) Viswanathan Anand secured the _______ rank.
1) Magnus Carlsen; 4th
2) Anish Giri; 3rd
3) Wesley Barbossa So; 4th
4) Magnus Carlsen; 2nd
5) Wesley Barbossa So; 3rdAnswer-3) Wesley Barbossa So; 4th
The Filipino-American chess Grandmaster (GM) Wesley Barbossa So won the 10th edition of the 2022 Norway Chess Blitz tournament held in Finansparken, Stavanger, Norway.
i. The Indian GM Viswanathan Anand defeated Norwegian GM Magnus Carlsen in round seven of the blitz event and secured fourth position, GM Anish Giri from Dutch secured 3rd Rank and GM Magnus Carlsen from Norway secured 2nd Rank.
ii. The Norway Chess 2022 will take place between May 30 to June 10 2022. It consists of Blitz tournament and Classical tournament.
- What is the theme of World No Tobacco Day (WNTD) 2022 that was observed across the globe by the World Health Organisation (WHO) on 31th May 2022?
1) Quit tobacco to be a winner
2) Make Every Day World No Tobacco Day
3) Tobacco breaks hearts
4) Tobacco – a threat to development
5) Tobacco: Threat to our environmentAnswer-5) Tobacco: Threat to our environment
World No Tobacco Day (WNTD) 2022 was observed across the globe by the World Health Organisation (WHO) on 31st May 2022 with the theme of “Tobacco: Threat to our environment”.
i. The day was observed to create awareness about the harmful effects of using tobacco and inform the public about the dangers of tobacco use and the business practices of tobacco companies.
- Name the state that recently (in May’22) became the top sugar producer of India.
3) Tamil Nadu
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer-1) Maharashtra
Maharashtra became India’s top sugar producer after a five-year gap, followed by Uttar Pradesh (UP) in the lead. During the current season of 2021-22, the state is crushing the highest amount of cane and producing the highest ever amount of sugar. Till date, Maharashtra has crushed 1194.75 lt of cane and produced 124.75 lt of sugar.
i. The first is the abundant rainfall Maharashtra has received since the start of the 2019 southwest monsoon season (June-September).
- Vandita Sharma was recently (in May ’22) appointed as the 39th Chief Secretary (CS) of which state?
4) Tamil Nadu
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer-3) Karnataka
The Government of Karnataka has appointed Vandita Sharma as the 39th Chief Secretary (CS) of Karnataka. She took over as the new CS from incumbent P Ravi Kumar on 31st May 2022. She will hold the office till November 2023.
i. She is currently serving as the additional chief secretary-cum-development commissioner, Government of Karnataka. Vandita Sharma is the 4th woman to be appointed as the CS of Karnataka after Theresa Bhattacharya, Malati Das and K Ratna Prabha.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification