Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- The committee to examine the taxation of business models for e-commerce was headed by?
a) Akhilesh Ranjan
b) Deepak Mohanty
c) Arvind Subramaniam
d) S K Roy
Answer: A) Akhilesh Ranjan
Explanation: A committee headed by Akhilesh Ranjan was constituted by the Central Board of Direct Taxes to examine the business models for e-commerce, identify the direct tax issues in relation to e-commerce transactions and provide suggestions
- BHEL has commissioned its second thermal unit in Punjab. What is its capacity?
a) 200 MW
c) 300 MW
Answer: d) 270 MW
Explanation: BHEL has commissioned another 270 MW unit at Goindwal Sahibcoal-fired power project in Punjab, This comes after one month of the successful commissioning of a 270 MW thermal generating unit of coal-based power unit at the same site
- Haryana government has proposed its tax free state budget for 2016-17. Who is the Finance Minister of Haryana?
a) Manohar lal Khattar
d) Harsha vardhan
Explanation: The Haryana government proposed a tax free budget for the financial year 2016-17. Its focus was mainly in rural development and it also proposed relief to the riot-hit traders. It was presented by Finance minister of the state, Abhimanyu
- The Current Account Deficit of India has narrowed to how much percent of GDP?
Answer: a) 1.3%
Explanation: India’s current account deficit, the excess of imports over exports, fell further to 1.3% of the gross domestic product due to benefits of lower commodity prices
- PVR cinemas have signed with Paytm to sell movie tickets online. Who is the founder & CEO of Paytm?
a) Vijay Shekhar Sharma
b) Adithya Puri
c) Shantanu Narayan
d) Binny Bansal
Answer: a) Vijay Shekhar Sharma
Explanation: PVR cinemas has tied up with Vijay Shekhar Sharma founded Paytm to sell Movie ticketsthrough the Paytm platform
- Which Planet’s Gravity Map has been made based on the three NASA spacecrafts?
Answer: a) Mars
Explanation : A new map of Mars’ gravity made with three NASA spacecraft is the most detailed to date,providing a revealing glimpse into the hidden interior of the Red Planet.
- Hepziba, a Chennai based girl won the Street Child games 100 m race. The Street child games was held at?
c) Rio de Janeiro
d) New Delhi
Answer: c) Rio de Janeiro
Explanation: Hepziba, who won three medals, including a gold, at the Street Child Games in Rio She sprinted to win in the 100-metre dash at the Street Child Games held in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.
- Which Union Ministry that notified new Plastic Waste Management Rules to curb over 6000 tonnes of uncollected plastic waste generated daily by industries in March 2016?
a) Environment, Forest and Climate Change
b) Earth Sciences
c) Science and Technology
d) Agriculture & Irrigation Ministry
Answer: A) Environment, Forest and Climate change
Explanation: The ministry of Environment, forest and climate change notified new norms aimed at curbing the over 6,000 tonnes of uncollected plastic waste generated daily by industries for plasticwaste management across the country
- Identify the former Chairman and CEO of Intel who passed away on March 21,2016?
a) Stephen Grove
b) Robert Noyce
c) Andrew Grove
d) Gordon Moore
Answer: c) Andrew Grove
Explanation: Andrew Grove, former Chairman and CEO of Intel, passed away on 21 March 2016. He was 79 and he has been battling Parkinson’s disease for years.
- Name the noted Malayalam writer who in the third week of March 2016 was chosen for the CV Kunhiraman Literary Prize.
a) M. T. Vasudevan Nair
b) C. V. Balakrishnan
c) Paul Zacharia
d) M Sukumaran
Answer : d) M Sukumaran
Explanation : Renowned Malayalam writer M Sukumaran in the third week of March 2016 was chosen for the CV Kunhiraman Literary Prize
- Who was declared as winner of the presidential elections of semi-autonomous region Zanzibar on 21 March 2016?
a) Ali Mohamed Shein
b) Abeid Karume
c) Amani Abeid Karume
d) Salmin Amour
Answer : a) Ali Mohamed Shein
Explanation: Ali Mohamed Shein of Tanzania ruling party Chama Cha Mapinduzi (CCM) has become the winner of the presidential elections. He won with 91.4 percent of the votes.
- Identify the country with which Nepal signed 10 agreements to extend the strategic Tibet rail link to Nepal on 21 March 2016.
Answer: b) China
Explanation: Land locked country Nepal signed pact with China to build a strategic railway link between the two countries through Tibet to reduce land-locked Nepal’s total dependence on India
- Identify the Mobile that was launched by PM Narendra Modi in New Delhi to help farmers to bring technology to farm fields.
a) Kisan Suvidha
b) Krishi Tech
c) Pusa Krishi
d) Krishi Suvidha
Answer: a) Kisan Suvidha
Explanation : Kisan Suvidha a mobile Application launched by Narendra Modi will prove helpful for farmers in this regard but they must own a smartphone.
- Who won men’s singles title of the BNP Paribas Open at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden in Southern California ?
a) Rafael Nadal
b) Andy Murray
c) Roger Federer
d) Novak Djokovic
Answer : d) Novak Djokovic
Explanation : Novak Djokovic and Victoria Azarenka who beat Milos Raonic and Serena Williams respectively in straight sets to win BNP Paribas Open Titles 2016 at Indian Wells in California.
- Who was presented with the Life Time Achievement Award at the 5th National Photography Awards ceremony?
a) Javed Ahmed Dar
b) Bhawan Singh
c) Himanshu Thakur
d) Manob Chowdhury
Answer: b) Bhawan Singh
Explanation: The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting led by Arun Jaitley whois also the chief of finance Ministry gave away National Photography Awards of fifth edition in New Delhi. The lifetime achievement award was won by Bhawan Singh.