We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 9 November 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs November 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
Logistics Performance Index – LEADS 2021: Gujarat Retains Top SlotGujarat has retained its position as the top performer among 21 states in the LEADS (Logistics Ease Across Different States) 2021 index followed by Haryana, Punjab, Tamilnadu.
- LEADS 2021 report has been prepared by a team of Transport & Logistics professionals at Ernst & Young LLP with guidance and inputs from officials of the Department of Logistics, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- LEADS 2021 is the 3rd edition of the LEADS report (1st -2018; 2nd – 2019). It includes the methodologies to identify the logistics infrastructure and services across India.
LEADS 2021 Index:
About Ministry of Commerce and Industry:
Union Minister – Piyush Goyal (Constituency – Maharashtra)
Minister of State – Som Parkash (Constituency – Hoshiarpur, Punjab), Anupriya Singh Patel (Constituency – Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh)
>>Read Full News
Global Drug Policy Index 2021: India Ranks 18 out of 30 Countries; Norway TopsIndia ranked 18 out of 30 countries in the 1st edition of the Global Drug Policy Index which was released by the Harm Reduction Consortium in November 2021.
- The index ranks Norway, New Zealand, Portugal, the United Kingdom (UK) and Australia as the top 5 countries on humane and health-driven drug policies.
- The Global Drug Policy Index, a new tool that offers the first-ever data-driven global analysis of 30 countries’ drug policies and their implementation in a systematic, comprehensive and transparent manner.
India’s Global Drug Policy Index:
|Rank||Country||Overall Index||Absence Of
|Harm Reduction||Access To
|18||India||46/100||63 /100||38 /100||49/100||33/100|
>>Read Full News
Highlights of MoS for External Affairs V. Muraleedharan’s Visit to Gambia, Senegal
Minister of State (MoS) for External Affairs and Parliamentary Affairs, V. Muraleedharan undertook an official visit to the Republic of the Gambia and to the Republic of Senegal from 1-5 November 2021. It was his 1st visit to both countries.
- V.Muraleedharan visited the Gambia for 3 days from 1-2 November 2021 and during his visit, he released the design of a commemorative stamp marking 75 years of India’s Independence.
- MoS has announced the repurposing of a US$ 500,000 grant for procuring dialysis machines for the West African nation.
- The MoS visited Senegal from 4-5 November 2021, and Co-Chaired the 3rd India-Senegal Joint Commission Meeting (JCM), with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Senegal, Aissata Tall Sall.
- India and Senegal signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on Health and Medicine in Dakar and both sides celebrated the 60th anniversary of their diplomatic ties.
About Ministry of External Affairs:
Union Minister – Subrahmanyam Jaishankar (Constituency – Gujarat)
Minister of State (MoS) – V Muraleedharan (Constituency – Maharashtra), Meenakashi Lekhi (Constituency – New Delhi, Delhi)
>>Read Full News
BANKING & FINANCE
ESAF Bank Partnered with NABARD for Local Economic DevelopmentESAF Small Finance Bank made a partnership with NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development) for local economic development. Under the partnership, along with NABARD, the bank has organized a state-level Local Sustainable Economic Development Training Program to build financial literacy at basic levels.
- Objective: To bring financial empowerment and economic independence at the local level through training and enabling the elected representatives of the Panchayati Raj Institutions to meaningfully intervene and build the well-being of the people in the constituencies they represent.
i.The programme was inaugurated by K. Rajan, the State Revenue Minister. Initially, the project will benefit 300 panchayats across Kerala.
ii.Chief General Manager, NABARD, P Balachandran had released a handbook to enable the elected Panchayati Raj representatives to provide the citizens with knowledge and skills for their long-term financial needs, in turn improving local sustainable economic development.
iii.3 videos on Intelligent Borrowing, Credit Discipline, and Debt Distress Management were also released at the launch.
About ESAF Small Finance Bank:
Establishment – 10 March 2017
Headquarters – Thrissur, Kerala
MD & CEO – Kadambelil Paul Thomas
PhonePe & Liberty General Insurance Partners to Offer Motor InsuranceLiberty General Insurance Limited has collaborated with PhonePe to provide motor insurance services digitally.Under this, Liberty General Insurance will provide a variety of Motor Insurance policies to the customers, digitally through PhonePe app.
- In 2020, PhonePe ventured into distribution of insurance and has become one of India’s fastest growing digital distributors with sale of over 5 lakh policies in 5 months.
i.The users of PhonePe can choose from multiple motor insurance products on the platform. It will work as a one stop destination for all insurance needs.
ii.Apart from insurance services, the PhonePe also provided tax savings funds, liquidity funds, international travel insurance etc.
Founder & CEO– Sameer Nigam
Headquarters– Bangalore, Karnataka
About Liberty General Insurance Ltd:
CEO– Roopam Asthana
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Astronaut Wang Yaping Became 1st Chinese Woman to Walk in Space
Astronaut Wang Yaping has become the first Chinese woman to walk in space following the completion of her 6-hour stint outside the Tiangong space station, as a part of its ongoing construction.
- Tiangong(means heavenly palace), the latest achievement of China’s efforts to become a major space power.
- This marks the first extravehicular activity of the Shenzhou-13 crew, and it is also the first in China’s space history involving the participation of a woman astronaut
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Morinari Watanabe Re-elected as President of International Gymnastics FederationMorinari Watanabe was re-elected as the President of International Gymnastics Federation or Fédération Internationale de Gymnastique (FIG) for a period of three years.
i.Morinari Watanabe defeated Azerbaijan’s contender Farid Gayibov, in the FIG President election that was held during a conference in Turkey.
ii.Earlier, He was elected as the President of FIG in 2016 for a 4-year term.
iii.The next election for the President of FIG will be held in 2024, coinciding with the Summer Olympics to be held in Paris, France.
Note– In 2020 Tokyo Olympics, Deepak Kabra (Maharashtra) become the 1st Indian Gymnastics judge.
About International Gymnastics Federation:
Headquarters– Lausanne, Switzerland
Founded- 23 July 1881
Manika Batra & Archana Kamath Wins Women’s Table Tennis Doubles Title at WTT Contender Tournament, LaskoOn 7th November 2021, the Indian Table Tennis player Manika Batra and Archana Girish Kamath clenched the Women’s Double title as a pair at the 2021 WTT (World Table Tennis) Contender Tournament in Lasko (Slovenia). The Indian pair, placed at 36th in World Ranking, defeated the Puerto Rican team of Melanie Diaz and Adriana Diaz. WTT Contender Lasko, is the sixth tournament WTT Contender Series .
- The WTT series is part of the revamped International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF).
- It features two tiers of events such as WTT Star Contender and WTT Contender.
i.In the singles tournament, Manika Batra won a Bronze Medal after being defeated by Wang Yidi by 2-4 in the semi-finals.
ii.These victories come ahead of the 2021 World Table Tennis Championships (WTTC), which is set to be held between 23rd-29th November at Houston, USA.
About International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF):
President- Thomas Weikert
Headquarters– Lausanne, Switzerland
Novak Djokovic wins 37th Masters Title at Paris 2021On 7th October 2021, Novak Djokovic (Serbia) defeated Danill Medvedev (Russia) in the Men’s Singles finals of 2021 Paris Masters, at Paris, France. This is his 6th Paris Masters Title & a record 37th Masters overall.
- In the finals, Djokovic, with an impressive 4-6, 6-3, 6-3 defeating Daniil Medvedev.
- With this win, Djokovic will remain at the ATP World Number 1 rank, for the record 7th consecutive year.
Note – Daniil Medvedev defeated Novak Djokovic in the finals to win the 2021 US Open Men’s Singles Title.
ATP Men’s Singles Ranking:
1 – Novak Djokovic
2 – Daniil Medvedev
3 – Alexander Zverev
Michael Venus and Tim Puetz wins Paris Masters doubles title
Tim Puetz (Germany) & Michael Venus (New Zealand) paired to defeat the French team of Pierre-Hugues Herbert and Nicolas Mahut in the Men’s Doubles finals, to win the 2021 Paris Masters doubles title
- In 2000, The Paris Tennis Masters Series got its name from The Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy (POPB).
- This is the biggest indoor tournament in the world which was inaugurated in February 1984
About Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP)
ATP is the Global Governing Body responsible for Men’s Professional Tennis.
CEO – Massimo Calvelli
Headquarters – London, United Kingdom
Akash Kumar won Bronze at 21st AIBA World Boxing Championships 2021 in Belgrade, SerbiaThe 21st AIBA Men’s World Boxing Championship 2021 was held in Belgrade, Serbia from October 24 to November 6, 2021 in 13 men’s weight categories. India’s 21-year old Akash Kumar from Bhiwani, Haryana grabbed the bronze medal in the category of 54kg (Bantamweight).
- With this win he became the 7th Indian male boxer who won a medal at the World Boxing Championships and also received $25,000 as prize money and a belt for his accomplishment.
- He suffered a 0-5 loss against Kazakhstan’s Makhmud Sabyrkhan.
i.The 2021 AIBA men’s World Boxing Championships saw the participation of 650 boxers from 88 countries.
ii.The gold medalists of each category presented with $1,00,000 while silver and bronze medalists will be awarded $50,000 and $25,000 respectively.
iii.The total prize money at AIBA 2021 World Boxing Championship was $2.6 million.
iv.Boxers from Cuba received the trophy for Best team and also clinched the maximum gold medals (3).
Table showing earlier Indian Winners at Men’s World Boxing Championships:
Max Verstappen wins Mexican Grand Prix On 7th November 2021, Red Bull Racing’s driver – Max Verstappen (Netherlands) won the Mexico Grand Prix (GP) Formula One (F1) tournament that was held at the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez racetrack in Mexico City.
- He was followed by Mercedes’s Lewis Hamilton (United Kingdom) & Red Bull Racing’s Sergio Pérez (Mexico) in the 2nd & 3rd positions.
Note – Lewis Hamilton became the 1st F1 driver to reach 100 career victories after winning the Russian Grand Prix in Sochi.
2. With this victory Max Verstappen is 19 points ahead of Lewis Hamilton in the F1 Championship for 2021.
Max Verstappen wins in 2021 – Emilia Romagna GP; Monaco GP; French (GP); Styrian (GP); Austrian (GP).
About Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA)
President – Jean Todt
Headquarters – Paris, France
Sankalp Gupta becomes India’s 71st GrandMaster during GM tournament in Arandjelovac, SerbiaIndia’s Sankalp Gupta (18) from Nagpur (Maharashtra) became India’s 71st Grandmaster by grabbing second place with 6.5 points in the GM tournament in Arandjelovac, Serbia. He lost to Rudik Makrarian (Russia), the winner, in the GM Ask 3 round-robin event.
i.To achieve the GM title, a player has to secure three GM norms and cross the live rating of 2,500 Elo points. Notably he achieved both targets in just 24 days by playing three tournaments on the trot. In all the three events, his rating performances were at 2599 and above.
ii.He scripted history by becoming India’s quickest GM.
iii.S Nitin of India with 5.5 points took fourth place in this event.
West Indies’s Dwayne Bravo announced retirement from International cricket Trinidadian cricketer Dwayne Bravo, the former captain of the West Indies cricket team has confirmed his retirement from international cricket after the conclusion of the West Indies Twenty20(T20) World Cup campaign 2021. He will continue to play franchise cricket.
Dwayne Bravo hails from Santa Cruz, Trinidad.
i.Dwayne Bravo has played in all seven T20 World Cups and he has been a part of the West Indies team that won the T20 Title in 2012 and 2016.
ii.He has scored 1245 runs at an average of 22.23 and a strike rate of 115.38 and he has picked up 78 wickets.
iii.He has played for Trinidad and Tobago since 2002.
iv.He has represented Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
India Wins 5 Medals in U23 World Wrestling Championship 2021
Indian wrestlers secured 5 medals at the U23 World Wrestling Championships (WWC) 2021 which was held in Belgrade, Serbia. This is India’s highest ever medal tally, its previous highest medal count was 3 medals won during the inaugural edition of the event in 2017.
- In 2021’s U23 WWC, the overall medal tally was topped by Russia with 145 points, followed by Iran & Armenia in the 2nd & 3rd spot.
Winners of U23 championship 2021
|S NO||Winners||Medal||Weight (in Kgs)|
About United World Wrestling (UWW):
UWW is the International Governing body for controlling wrestling.
President– Nenad Lalovic
Headquarters– Corsier-sur-Vevey, Switzerland
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Aseem Chawla authors new book – ‘Finding A Straight Line Between Twists and Turns’Aseem Chawla, one of India’s leading tax lawyers and well known international tax and policy expert released his new book “Finding A Straight Line Between Twists and Turns – An Imperfect, Yet Honest Reflections on the Indian Tax Landscape” published by Matrix Publishers.
- The book was released by Chief Guest, Justice S Ravindra Bhat, Judge, Supreme Court of India, along with the Guest of Honour, Justice Vipin Sanghi, Honourable Judge of Delhi High Court at Silver Oak, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
i.The book provides in-depth analysis of both national and international of the Indian tax landscape over a decade.
ii.The book delivers the cross border influences on the tax ecosystem and changing tax situations due to the economic impact of COVID-19 pandemic.
Other books released in 2021
- “An Economist at home and Abroad: A Personal Journey” by Dr Shankar Acharya
- “Policymaker’s Journal: From New Delhi to Washington, DC” by Kaushik Basu
- “Economist Gandhi: The Roots and the Relevance of the Political Economy of Mahatma” by Jerry Rao
National Cancer Awareness Day 2021 – November 7 National Cancer Awareness Day is annually observed across India on November 7th with an aim to create awareness about the prevention and early detection of cancer.
The observance of National Cancer Awareness Day on November 7th also marks the birth anniversary of Polish-French physicist and chemist, Marie Curie, who won the Nobel Prize in 1903 for Physics, in 1911 for Chemistry.
i.In 2014, then Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Dr Harsh Vardhan, announced that the 7th November will be annually observed across India as National Cancer Awareness Day.
ii.The first National Cancer Awareness Day was observed on 7th November 2014.
iii.The day honours Marie Curie whose works (discovery of radioactivity) led to the development of nuclear energy and radiotherapy for cancer treatment.
>>Read Full News
World Urbanism Day 2021 – November 8 World Urbanism Day, also known as “World Town Planning Day”, is annually observed across the globe on 8th November to highlight the environmental impacts caused due to the development of cities and territories.
- The day aims to focus on the aims, objectives and progress of urban and regional planning across the globe.
- The celebration of World Urbanism Day is promoted by the International Society of City and Regional Planners (ISOCARP).
World Urbanism Day was initiated in 1949 by the late Professor Carlos Maria della Paolera of the University of Buenos Aires to advance public and professional interest in planning.
About International Society of City and Regional Planners (ISOCARP):
President– Martin Dubbeling
Secretary-General– Frank D’hondt
Headquarters– The Hague, The Netherlands.
>>Read Full News
International Day of Radiology observed on November 8, 2021i.The 10th International Day of Radiology (IDoR-2021) was observed globally on November 8, 2021 by all Radiologists, radiographers, radiological technologists and professionals from related fields with the motto ‘Interventional Radiology – Active care for the patient’.
ii.Celebrated annually, this day commemorates the discovery of X-radiation, or X-rays, on November 8, 1895, by German scientist Wilhelm Conrad Rontgen. In 1901, he became the first winner of the Nobel Prize in Physics for this achievement.
iii.The day is also dedicated to Interventional Radiology and its essential role in treating patients.
About Interventional radiology:
Interventional radiology is a medical subspecialty of radiology utilizing minimally-invasive image-guided procedures to diagnose and treat diseases in nearly every organ system.
>>Read Full News
Infant Protection Day 2021 – November 7
Infant Protection Day is annually observed across the globe on 7th November to create awareness about the safety of new-born and to safeguard their lives by providing suitable care. The day also highlights the importance of safety needed for the new babies.
The theme of 2021 Infant Protection Day is “Protecting, promoting, and developing infants”.
- According to the WHO, 2.4 million babies died in their first month of birth in 2019. Every day, over 7,000 children die, accounting for 47 % of all child mortality.
- According to the Child Mortality Report by the United Nations, there were 721,000 infant deaths reported in India in 2018
CV Raman Birth Anniversary – 7th November 2021
Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman(CV Raman) an Indian physicist who is well known for the discovery on the scattering of light was born at Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu on 7th November 1888.
7th November 2021 marks the 133rd birth anniversary of CV Raman the first Indian to be conferred with a Nobel Prize in Physics(1930) “for his work on the scattering of light and for the discovery of the effect(Raman Effect) named after him”.
- In 1954, the Government of India honoured him with the Bharat Ratna for his contribution to Science and Engineering.
Punjab Cabinet approved Tissue Culture-Based Seed Potato Rules, 1st Indian state to do soOn November 7, 2021, the Punjab Cabinet headed by chief minister Charanjit Singh Channi approved the ‘Punjab Tissue Culture Based Seed Potato Rules-2021’ to develop Punjab as a standard potato seed centre.
- With this decision, Punjab has become the first Indian state to have the facility of tissue culture-based certification, which will develop the Jalandhar-Kapurthala belt of Punjab as the export hub of potato.
- This approval will also help in achieving the state target of agriculture diversification of the state government by increasing the potato acreage with the production of 4 four lakh metric tonne (LMT) of potato from 1 lakh hectare.
i.The Cabinet also approved to introduce the ‘Punjab Horticulture Nursery Bill-2021’ by amending ‘Punjab Fruit Nursery Act-1961‘.
ii.It also reduced the amount of simple interest from 15% per annum to 7.5% per annum to be charged on the amount of enhancement recoverable from allottees of various improvement trusts.
iii.In July 2021, the state government increased the amount of old age pension from Rs 750 to Rs 1,500 per month.
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 9 November 2021|
|1||Logistics Performance Index – LEADS 2021: Gujarat Retains Top Slot|
|2||Global Drug Policy Index 2021: India Ranks 18 out of 30 Countries; Norway Tops|
|3||Highlights of MoS for External Affairs V. Muraleedharan’s Visit to Gambia, Senegal|
|4||ESAF Bank Partnered with NABARD for Local Economic Development|
|5||PhonePe & Liberty General Insurance Partners to Offer Motor Insurance|
|6||Astronaut Wang Yaping Became 1st Chinese Woman to Walk in Space|
|7||Morinari Watanabe Re-elected as President of International Gymnastics Federation|
|8||Manika Batra & Archana Kamath Wins Women’s Table Tennis Doubles Title at WTT Contender Tournament, Lasko|
|9||Novak Djokovic wins 37th Masters Title at Paris 2021|
|10||Akash Kumar won Bronze at 21st AIBA World Boxing Championships 2021 in Belgrade, Serbia|
|11||Max Verstappen wins Mexican Grand Prix|
|12||Sankalp Gupta becomes India’s 71st GrandMaster during GM tournament in Arandjelovac, Serbia|
|13||West Indies’s Dwayne Bravo announced retirement from International cricket|
|14||India Wins 5 Medals in U23 World Wrestling Championship 2021|
|15||Aseem Chawla authors new book – ‘Finding A Straight Line Between Twists and Turns’|
|16||National Cancer Awareness Day 2021 – November 7|
|17||World Urbanism Day 2021 – November 8|
|18||International Day of Radiology observed on November 8, 2021|
|19||Infant Protection Day 2021 – November 7|
|20||CV Raman Birth Anniversary – 7th November 2021|
|21||Punjab Cabinet approved Tissue Culture-Based Seed Potato Rules, 1st Indian state to do so|