We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 13 August 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs August 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
India’s Cleanest City Indore Declared as 1st Water Plus City of IndiaThe Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has declared Indore, Madhya Pradesh, the cleanest city of India, as the 1st ‘water plus’ city of India.
- Indore received the 1st Swachh Certification of Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) Water Plus from the MoHUA under the Swachh Survekshan 2021(SS2021).
- It is a certificate provided by the MoHUA to a city for maintaining cleanliness in rivers and drains of its administration.
- A city/ward/circle/zone could be declared as Water Plus only if all wastewater released from households, etc. is treated before releasing it to the environment.
- The certification of SBM Water Plus is valid for 6 months and the certification process needs to be carried out every 6 months.
About Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA):
Union Minister – Hardeep Singh Puri (Constituency – Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of State – Kaushal Kishore (Constituency – Mohanlalganj, Uttar Pradesh)
>>Read Full News
GeM organizes 5th edition of National Public Procurement Conclave 2021The Government e-Marketplace (GeM) in association with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) organized the 5th edition of National Public Procurement Conclave 2021 (NPCC 2021) on August 9th & 10th, 2021.
- Theme of the Conclave was “Technology enabled Government Procurement – Towards Efficiency, Transparency, and Inclusiveness”.
i.It was inaugurated by the Minister of State for Commerce and Industry, Anupriya Patel.
ii.The 2021 Conclave provided an opportunity for Government buyers, sellers, industry, and academia to interact with each other.
iii.The top performing buyers and sellers were awarded for leading the procurement efforts through GeM in the FY 2020-21.
- Central Government Buyers – Winner – Ministry of Defence, Runner up – Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- State Government Buyers – Winner – Uttar Pradesh, Runner-up – Gujarat.
- Centre Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) – Winner – GAIL India Limited, Runner up – Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd.
- On the seller’s front, the award was presented to TATA Motors Ltd, for best sales performance with Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd. being the runner up in this category.
About Government e-Marketplace (GeM)-
It was launched by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Chairperson of GeM – Dr Anup Wadhwan
Headquarters – New Delhi
Launched date – August 9, 2016
Dr Bibek Debroy releases Quality of Life for Elderly Index 2021i.On August 11, 2021, Dr Bibek Debroy, Chairman of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) released the Quality of Life for Elderly Index 2021 measuring the quality of life led by the elderly in India. It has been created by the Institute for Competitiveness (IFC) at the request of EAC-PM.
ii.The report identifies the regional patterns of ageing across Indian States and assesses the overall well-being of the ageing population in India.
iii.The index analyzed 45 different indicators across four key domains viz. Financial Well-being, Social Well-being, Health System, and Income Security.
iv.Among the 4 domains, the domain of Health System observed the highest national average of 66.97, followed by 62.34 in Social Well-being, 44.7 in Financial Well-being, and 33.03 in Income Security.
v.Rajasthan has topped the ranking of Aged states while Himachal Pradesh is top-scorer in Relatively Aged States. Chandigarh and Mizoram are top-scoring regions in Union Territory (UT) and North-East States category, respectively.
About Institute for Competitiveness (IFC):
India Headquarter– Gurugram, Haryana
Honorary Chairman– Professor Amit Kapoor
About Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM)
It is an independent body constituted to give advice on economic and related issues to the Government of India, specifically to the Prime Minister.
Present Composition– Dr. Bibek Debroy (Chairman), Ratan P. Watal (Member Secretary), Dr. Sajjid Chinoy (Part-Time Member), Dr. Anantha Nageswaran (Part-Time Member), Neelkanth Mishra (Part-Time Member) and Nilesh Shah (Part-Time Member)
Headquarter– New Delhi
>>Read Full News
15th India-Singapore Foreign Office Consultations held virtuallyThe 15th round of Foreign Office Consultation between India & Singapore took place virtually. The Indian side was led by Riva Ganguly, Secretary, Ministry of External Affairs and the Singapore delegation was led by Mr Lee Kiong, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Singapore.
- Both sides discussed ways to strengthen economic engagement, ease travel restriction & resuming people-to-people contact.
- Issues related to ASEAN-India relations and India Singapore cooperation in the Indo-Pacific were also discussed.
- Singapore is performing the role of country coordinator for India in Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) for the period of 3 years(2021-2024).
President – Halimah Yacob
Currency – Singapore dollar
2021 Skytrax World Airport Awards – Delhi Airport ranked 45th, Doha Airport World’s BestIn the Skytrax World Airport Awards 2021 list, Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport secured 45th rank (from 50 in 2020 rankings), while Qatar’s Doha Hamad Airport topped the rankings. Delhi’s IGI has been awarded as the ‘Best Airport in India & Central Asia‘ for the 3rd Consecutive time.
i.Three Other Indian Airports featured in the Top-100 list – Hyderabad’s Rajiv Gandhi International Airport – 64, Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport – 65, Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport – 71.
ii.The Skytrax best Airports Awards are voted based on customer reviews. It is regarded as the quality benchmark for the world airport industry.
|1||Doha’s Hamad International Airport, Qatar|
|2||Tokyo Haneda Airport, Japan|
|3||Changi Airport Singapore|
|45||Indira Gandhi International (IGI), Delhi|
About Skytrax company
Skytrax is a United Kingdom based company. It publishes world airline rankings and reviews on its website.
CEO – Edward Plaisted
Headquarters – London, United Kingdom
>>Read Full News
CEC Sushil Chandra Inaugurates 11th Annual Meeting of FEMBoSA for 2021Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) of India and the current chairman of FEMBoSA, Sushil Chandra inaugurated the 11th Annual meeting of the Forum of the Election Management Bodies of South Asia (FEMBoSA) for the year 2021. The virtual meeting was hosted by the Election Commission of Bhutan.
- The theme of the meeting was the “Use of Technology in Elections”.
i.During the meeting, the Outgoing Chairman of FEMBoSA, Sushil Chandra passed the Chairmanship to Dasho Sonam Topgay (New Chairman), Chief Election Commissioner of Bhutan for the year 2021-22.
ii.‘Thimphu Resolution’ was unanimously adopted by the members of the FEMBoSA to extend the tenure of chairmanship for two years due to the current COVID pandemic.
Forum of the Election Management Bodies of South Asia (FEMBoSA)
FEMBoSA was established at the 3rd Conference of Heads of Election Management Bodies (EMBs) of South Asian Association of Regional Cooperation (SAARC) held at New Delhi in May, 2012.
- It aims to increase mutual cooperation in respect to the common interests of SAARC’s Election Management Bodies.
About Election Commission of India(ECI)
Established under Article 324 of the Indian Constitution
Chief Election Commissioner – Sushil Chandra
Election Commissioners – Anup Chandra Pandey & Rajiv Kumar
Headquarters – New Delhi
Forum of the Election Management Bodies of South Asia (FEMBoSA)
New Chairperson (2021-22) – Dasho Sonam Topgay (Bhutan)
Members – 8
>>Read Full News
BANKING & FINANCE
CoinDCX becomes India’s first Crypto UnicornCoinDCX has become the first Indian cryptocurrency exchange to grab the title of ‘unicorn’ with valuation to $1.1 billion (Rs 8,150 crore). The exchange achieved this status after a $90-million (Rs 668 crore) series-C funding round, led by Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin’s B Capital.
- It should be noted that Unicorns are startups with a valuation of $1 billion or more.
Utilization of Funds:
i.The funds will be used for marketing, strengthening, and on new business initiatives to expand crypto investor base and to make crypto a popular investment in India.
ii.The exchange has earmarked Rs 10 crore for its educational initiatives across platforms.
iii.It is also looking forward to entering into partnerships with key fintech players to set up a research & development (R&D) facility, strengthening the policy conversations through public discourse, working with the government to introduce favourable regulations, education, and ramping up the hiring initiatives.
Points to be noted:
i.Other startups that attained an unicorn status in August 2021 are Bharatpe, MindTickle, and Upgrad.
- Now, India has 22 startups that became Unicorns in 2021 tally taking the total to 63 (as per Inc42).
ii.The company, co-founded in 2018 by its Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Sumit Gupta and Neeraj Khandelwal and is registered as Primestack Pte. in Singapore.Its Headquarter is Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- It helps people buy and sell crypto tokens along with crypto-based financial products such as lending.
Agritech Start-up Arya Tie-up with SBM Bank India for Commodity FinancingAgritech start-up and India’s 1st Post Harvest Solutions Platform, Arya Collateral Warehousing Services Private Ltd (Arya) made a partnership with State Bank of Mauritius-India (SBM Bank India) for commodity financing.
- Objective: To offer easy on-time customised finance solutions to agri-traders and agri-entrepreneurs across the country.
- Through the partnership, Arya will work with SBM Bank India to ease the financing process for providing instant credit to the clients in the agriculture value chain.
Features of Arya:
i.It helps farmers, aggregators, Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs), food processors and end-user corporations to overcome the post-harvest losses.
ii.Its platform assists users to avail additional services such as warehouse management, financial access, quality testing, storage protection services, and connecting produce to buyers.
i.It is a type of Producer Organisation formed with farmers (especially the primary producers) as its members to ensure better income for farmers by enhancing the economy of scale and their bargaining power.
- The members also include producers of agricultural, non-farm products, artisan products, etc.
ii.The FPO needs to register on eNAM (National Agriculture Market), the online trading platform for agricultural commodities in India.
iii.The Department of Agriculture and Cooperation, Ministry of Agriculture, has mandated the Small Farmers’ Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC) to support the State Governments for the formation of FPO.
About State Bank of Mauritius-India (SBM Bank India):
In 2018, it became the 1st foreign Bank in India to operate as a new Indian bank. It is a part of the Mauritius-based SBM group.
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – Sidharth Rath
10 Top banks Launched SLMA to Support Secondary Loan MarketOn August 11, 2021, the 10 major banks including State Bank of India (SBI) and ICICI bank formed a Secondary Loan Market Association (SLMA) with an online platform for trading corporate loans in the secondary market.Sanjay Srivastava is the Chairman of SLMA.
- SLMA, which is a self-regulatory body, was formed on the recommendation of the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Task Force on the Development of Secondary Market for Corporate Loans.
- SLMA’s website and logo were digitally launched by Saurav Sinha, Executive Director, RBI.
- Members of the SLMA-The top 10 banks: State Bank of India (SBI), ICICI Bank, Canara Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Deutsche Bank, Bank of Baroda, Punjab National Bank, Axis Bank, and HDFC Bank.
About Primary and Secondary market:
i.Primary Market: It is a financial market, in which the new stocks and bonds are sold to the public for the 1st time through different types of issues like IPO (Initial Public Offer).
- Under the primary market, the investors could purchase securities directly from the issuer.
ii.Secondary Market: It is the market that contains the previously issued financial instruments such as stocks, Equity shares, bonds, preference shares, treasury bills, debentures, etc. from the primary market.
- The financial instruments in the secondary market would be traded by market participants.
RBI Introduced Scheme to Penalise Banks for Cash Out in ATMsIn August 2021, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) introduced a scheme named ‘Scheme of Penalty for non-replenishment of ATMs’ to levy monetary charges/Penalty on Banks & White Label ATM Operators (WLAOs) for cash-out (i.e. the non-availability of cash) in Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) due to non-replenishment of cash.
- Objective: To ensure sufficient cash availability in the ATMs for public needs and overcome the inconvenience caused due to cash-outs in the ATM.
- Effective date: The Scheme would be effective from October 01, 2021.
- RBI will issue a penalty of Rs 10,000 per ATM/ WLAs for banks for Cash-out for more than 10 hours in a month.
- RBI imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 10 lakh on Gadhinglaj Urban Co-operative Bank Limited, Gadhinglaj, Maharashtra, for violation of the operational instructions.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
Established – 1st April 1935
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors – Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao, T. Rabi Sankar
>>Read Full News
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
ReNew Power Acquires Solar Power Projects in Telangana & Hydropower Project in UttarakhandReNew Power Private Limited (ReNew Power) has signed 2 agreements to acquire a 99 megawatt (MW) Hydropower Project – Singoli Bhatwari hydroelectric project – in Uttarakhand and the 260 MW/330 Megawatts-peak(MWp) of operating solar projects in Telangana.
- The combined enterprise value of the solar and hydropower assets is Rs 2850 crore.
- The solar and hydropower assets are expected to generate Rs 380 to 400 crore of EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation, and Amortization) annually.
About the hydropower assets:
i.The 99 MW Singoli Bhatwari Hydroelectric Project(SBHEP) was acquired from Larsen and Toubro (L&T) for ~Rs 985 crore.
- SBHEP is located on the Mandakini river in the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand.
ii.This acquisition marks the entry of ReNew Power in the Hydropower sector.
iii.The L&T Uttaranchal Hydropower Limited which owns SBHEP will be acquired from the L&T Power Development Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Larsen & Toubro(L&T) India, India’s leading engineering and construction firm.
About Solar power assets:
i.260 MW/330 MWp of operating solar projects in Telangana was acquired from Acme Solar for ~Rs 1,865 crore.
ii.The solar power project in Telangana has a 25-year Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) with Northern Power Distribution Company of Telangana limited(NPDCTL) and Southern Power Distribution Company of Telangana Limited (SPDCTL).
The acquisition has increased the commissioned and contracted capacity of the company by more than 10 GW.
This is in line with the target to reach 18GW of capacity by 2025.
About ReNew Power Private Limited:
Chairman and Managing Director– Sumant Sinha
Headquarters– Gurugram, Haryana
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Gajendra Singh & Anjani Kumar Tiwari Appointed as a members of PNGRBThe Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed Gajendra Singh, Former Director of GAIL (India) Ltd, and Anjani Kumar Tiwari, Director(Finance) of GAIL (India) Limited as the members of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB), a regulator of downstream activities in the petroleum and natural gas sector.
- The appointed members of the PNGRB will serve a period of 5 years from the date of assumption of charge or till the age of 65.
- Gajendra Singh took charge as a member of PNGRB on 9th August 2021.
- Tiwari will join the board after completing his term as director in GAIL, his term ends in November 2021.
About Gajendra Singh:
i.Gajendra Singh has served in various leadership and strategic positions at GAIL.
ii.He has also served as the General Manager (Gas Sourcing and Gas Marketing), Executive Director (Operations & Maintenance) at GAIL.
About Anjani Kumar Tiwari:
i.Anjani Kumar Tiwari, a Cost Accountant(CA), is serving as the director of GAIL since December 2018.
ii.He has also served as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Limited (BCPL).
About Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB):
Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB) is a statutory body constituted under The Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board Act, 2006.
The PNGRB consists of a chairman and 4 members including one member(Legal).
Headquarters– New Delhi
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
DRDO Successfully Testfires Indigenous Technology Cruise Missile Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully test fired the Indigenous Technology Cruise Missile (ITCM) with a new Made-in-India Turbofan Engine ‘Manik’ from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Odisha.
- The missile flew for around 150 km with an indigenous cruise engine.
- The missile has been designed and developed by DRDO. It is an Advanced version of Nirbhay Missile – a Subsonic Cruise Missile.
- This is the 1st successful test firing with the indigenous booster engine ‘Manik’, after the previous unsuccessful attempt in October, 2020.
The Manik engine has been designed and developed by DRDO’s Gas Turbine Research Establishment in Bengaluru. It will pave the way for development of different versions of the engine and long range cruise missiles.
About Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO)
Chairman – Dr G Satheesh Reddy
Headquarters – New Delhi
>>Read Full News
Cricket: England’s James Anderson overtakes Anil Kumble as 3rd Highest wicket-taker in Test
England Fast Bowler James Anderson overtook India’s Anil Kumble tally of 619 wickets to become the 3rd Highest Wicket-Taker in Test Cricket.
- Sri Lanka’s Muttiah Muralitharan (800) & Australia’s Shane Warne (708) are leading wicket takers in Test Cricket.
Former Indian Hockey Player Gopal Bhengra passes away
Former Indian Men’s Hockey Team player Gopal Bhengra (75) passed away in Ranchi, Jharkhand due to prolonged illness. He was part of the 1978 Men’s Hockey World Cup held in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
“Zohra! A Biography In Four Acts” Biography of Padma Awardee Zohra Segal By Padma Shri Ritu MenonPublisher and Writer Padma Shri Ritu Menon has authored a new book titled “Zohra! A Biography In Four Acts”. The book published by Speaking Tiger Books is a biography of Padma Awardee Zohra Segal, an Indian actress, dancer, and choreographer.
The book provides a better understanding of Zohra Segal and the time she lived in
About Zohra Segal:
i.Zohra Mumtazullah Khan (1912 – 2014) from Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh, has starred in various Television series and films like Neecha Nagar (1946) Doctor Who(1963), Jewel in the Crown(1984)
ii.She was honoured with Padma Shri (1998) and Padma Vibhushan (2010).
iii.The government of Maharashtra has honoured her with the Kalidas Samman in 2001.
i.Ritu Menon is the co-founder of Kali for Women, a start-up feminist publisher in India and founder of Women Unlimited, an associate of Kali.
ii.The government of India honoured her with the Padma Shri in 2011 for Literature and education.
- Borders and Boundaries: Women in India’s Partition (co-authored with Kamal Bhasin).
- Out of Line: A Personal and Political Biography of Nayantara Sahgal.
- From Mathura to Manorama: Resisting Violence against Women in India (co-authored with Kalpana Kannibiran).
‘How the Earth Got Its Beauty’ New Book Authored by Sudha Murty
Padma Shri Sudha Murty, Chairperson of the Infosys Foundation, has authored a new children’s book titled “How the Earth Got Its Beauty”, a part of the chapter book series for young readers.
- The book is published by Puffin Books, an imprint of Penguin Random House.
- Sudha Murty who hails from Shiggaon, Karnataka, has received a number of awards which includes, R.K. Narayan Award for Literature and Padma Shri in 2006, and the Attimabbe Award from the government of Karnataka in 2011.
World Elephant Day 2021 – August 12 World Elephant Day is annually observed across the globe on 12th August to create awareness about the dangers faced by Asian elephants (Elephas maximus) and African elephants (Loxodonta africana) and the threats to their survival.
The year 2021 marks the 10th anniversary of World Elephant Day.
i.The World Elephant Day was an initiative jointly created by Patricia Sims, Canadian Wildlife Filmmaker; Michael Clark, Canazwest Pictures and Sivaporn Dardarnanda, Secretary-General of Elephant Reintroduction Foundation, Thailand.
ii.The first World Elephant Day was celebrated on 12th August 2012.
>>Read Full News
International Youth Day 2021 – August 12United Nations(UN)’s International Youth Day(IYD) is annually observed across the globe on 12th August to create awareness about the cultural and legal issues surrounding youth and to celebrate the potential of youths as the partners of the global society.
- IYD 2021 was virtually convened by the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs(DESA) in partnership with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations(FAO) and the Major Group for Children and Youth.
The theme of International Youth Day 2021 is “Transforming Food Systems: Youth Innovation for Human and Planetary Health”.
The IYD 2021 theme highlights that the success of the global efforts will not be achieved without the participation of young people.
The United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) endorsed the International Youth Day in its resolution A/RES/54/120 in December 1999.
The first International Youth Day was observed on 12th August 2000.
Union Minister Anurag Singh Thakur Presented National Youth Awards:
On the occasion of the International Youth Day 2021, the Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, Anurag Singh Thakur announced and felicitated the winners of the National Youth Awards 2017-2018 and 2018-2019.
- He also felicitated the 10 young entrepreneur team who won the agri-enterprise challenge S.O.L.V.E.D 2021.
About Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports(MoYAS):
Union Minister– Anurag Singh Thakur (Constituency- Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh)
Minister of State– Nisith Pramanik (Constituency- Coochbehar, West Bengal)
>>Read Full News
Arvind Kejriwal launched 33 faceless transport services in Delhi; 1st Indian state to make transport services onlineOn August 10, 2021, the Chief Minister (CM) of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal launched the state transport department’s 33 ‘faceless’ services during a function at IP Depot Regional Transport Office (RTO), New Delhi.
- This will enable people to get various transport-related documents online along with obtaining an e-learning licence (eLL) by undertaking online test using Aadhaar authentication.
- With this, Delhi has become the first Indian state to bring all transport-related services online, thereby saving people’s time and money.
i.This step will curtail the need of visiting a motor licensing office (MLO) and also of mediators, making it a hassle-free process.
- The only requirement to visit the transport office is for driving test and car fitness check.
ii.All the faceless applications will be processed within a period of seven days.
iii.As a part of this move, four zonal offices i.e. IP Estate, Sarai Kale Khan, Janakpuri and Vasant Vihar are being closed. The Vahan and Sarathi related work will be looked after by MLOs of South zone, Raja Garden and Dwarka, respectively,
- These MLOs will serve as facilitation centres for public who are not having access to computers to file online applications and will also be responsible to look into the complaints.
iv.According to standard operating procedure (SOP), the applicants can avail the services online with or without Aadhaar number.
v.There will be no requirement to upload any document.
vi.The Transport department has developed a software through National Informatics Centre (NIC) for integration of hypothecation data of banks with Vahan software for issuance of automatic on-line NOC (No Objection Certificate) by banks.
vii.The Transport department has made arrangements for redressal of grievances through helpline number 1076, official WhatsApp Chatbot and online complaint log at the department’s portal.
List of faceless services:
These include renewal of driving license, transfer of ownership, fresh permit from goods and passenger vehicles, learning licences, duplicate registration certificate, international driving permit, change of address, hypothecation termination, among others.
About New Delhi:
Lieutenant Governor– Anil Baijal
Zoological Park– National Zoological Park
Airport– Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA), operated by GMR Group
UP CM Yogi Adityanath launches Rashtriya Swasthya Sevak AbhiyanThe Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath launched the Rashtriya Swasthya Sevak Abhiyan in Lucknow by launching the Health Warrior Portal. Under the campaign, Health workers will be trained to fight COVID-19.
- The Health Volunteers will reach every village of UP to create awareness and to save them from the 3rd wave of the COVID pandemic.
- It is a follow up to the national campaign ‘Rashtriya Swasthya Swayamsevak Abhiyan’ launched by the BJP president JP Nadda on July 28, 2021.
Rashtriya Swasthya Swayamsevak Abhiyan
The Rashtriya Swasthya Swayamsevak Abhiyan (National Health Volunteer Campaign) was launched to train health volunteers across India to fight COVID-19.
- Under the campaign, a target was set to train 4 lakh health volunteers across 2 Lakh Indian villages through the programme and train 4 lakh health volunteers across India.
About Uttar Pradesh
Governor – Anandiben Patel
Wildlife Sanctuaries – Katarniya Ghat Wildlife Sanctuary, Hastinapur Wildlife Sanctuary, National Chambal Sanctuary
Tiger Reserve – Pilibhit Tiger Reserve, Dudhwa Tiger Reserve, Amangarh (buffer of Corbett TR)
>>Read Full News
Maharashtra Announced Rajiv Gandhi Award for excellence in IT Sector
The Government of Maharashtra has introduced the Rajiv Gandhi Award for excellence in IT, named after former Prime Minister(PM) Rajiv Gandhi, to recognise the firms that excel in the Information Technology (IT) Sector in Maharashtra.
- The decision on the award was taken in the meeting headed by Satej Patil Congress leader and Maharashtra’s Minister of State for Information Technology.
- The award will be a tribute to Rajiv Gandhi for his contribution to the technology sector of India.
i.The Maharashtra IT Corporation Limited (MAHA IT) has been appointed as the nodal agency of the award.
ii.The Rajiv Gandhi Award for excellence in IT for 2021 will be given before 30th October 2021.
iii.From 2022, the award will be given out on 20th August, the birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi.
Governor– Bhagat Singh Koshyari
National Park– Navegaon National Park; Chandoli National Park
Wildlife Sanctuary– Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary; Bhamragarh Wildlife Sanctuary
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 13 August 2021|
|1||India’s Cleanest City Indore Declared as 1st Water Plus City of India|
|2||GeM organizes 5th edition of National Public Procurement Conclave 2021|
|3||Dr Bibek Debroy releases Quality of Life for Elderly Index 2021|
|4||15th India-Singapore Foreign Office Consultations held virtually|
|5||2021 Skytrax World Airport Awards – Delhi Airport ranked 45th, Doha Airport World’s Best|
|6||CEC inaugurates 11th Annual Meeting of the Forum of the Election Management Bodies of South Asia for 2021|
|7||CoinDCX becomes India’s first Crypto Unicorn|
|8||Agritech Start-up Arya Tie-up with SBM Bank India for Commodity Financing|
|9||10 Top banks Launched SLMA to Support Secondary Loan Market|
|10||RBI to penalise banks for non-availability of cash in ATMs from Oct 1|
|11||ReNew Power Acquires Solar Power Projects in Telangana & Hydropower Project in Uttarakhand|
|12||Gajendra Singh & Anjani Kumar Tiwari Appointed as a members of PNGRB|
|13||DRDO Successfully Testfires Indigenous Technology Cruise Missile|
|14||Cricket: England’s James Anderson overtakes Anil Kumble as 3rd Highest wicket-taker in Test|
|15||Former Indian Hockey Player Gopal Bhengra passes away|
|16||Padma awardee Zohra Sehgal’s biography titled Zohra! A Biography in Four ActsBy Ritu Menon|
|17||Sudha Murty new books tells kids about beauty of earth|
|18||World Elephant Day – August 12 2021|
|19||International Youth Day 2021 – August 12|
|20||Arvind Kejriwal launched 33 faceless transport services in Delhi; 1st Indian state to make transport services online|
|21||UP CM Yogi Adityanath launches Rashtriya Swasthya Sevak Abhiyan|
|22||Maharashtra govt announces award named after former PM Rajiv Gandhi for IT firms|