We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 1 September 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs September 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
1st Ladakh Nomadic Festival Inaugurated at Korzok Phu by LG RK MathurLieutenant Governor(LG) Radha Krishna (RK) Mathur inaugurated a 2 day ‘ Ladakh Nomadic Festival’ in the region of Changthang at Korzok Phu, Ladakh.The event was organised by Ladakh Cultural Academy in association with the Department of Tourism.
- The first ever LADAKH NOMADIC FESTIVAL was celebrated at Korzok Phoo, Tso Moriri or Lake Moriri or “Mountain Lake” at Ladakh from 30-31 August 2021.
- To promote the lifestyle, tourism and culture of nomads of the eastern most Changthang plateau of Ladakh.
- It also aims to celebrate the life and glory of Changpa Heroes like ra-zhees (shepherds), yak-zhees, bar-zhees and lta-zhees.
- He admired the exquisite product – Pashmina,for which Changthang people are known around the world.
- LG also visited Korzyk monastery and geothermal project site at Puga.
Governor- R K Mathur
National park-Hemis National Park
Wildlife Sanctuary– Changthang Wildlife Sanctuary ,Karakoram Wildlife Sanctuary, Kanji Wildlife Sanctuary
Children living as Migrants or Refugees increased to 35.5mn in 2020: UNICEF ReportIn accordance with the report titled ‘Uncertain Pathways: How gender shapes the experiences of children on the move’ by the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), the number of persons living outside their birth country or citizenship reached a record high of 281 million in 2020, representing 3.6% of the global population.In this, 36 million of them were recorded as children.
- This number is increased among boys and girls younger than 18 years to 35.5 million in 2020. Among them 13 million (over a third) were refugees and asylum seekers.
i.10 million child refugees were displaced due to conflict and war. Around 5.1 million were boys and 4.9 million were girls.
ii.In this displacement scenario, boys outnumbered girls by 1.2 million or 6.7% which is the largest difference ever recorded.
iii.In a year, there were almost 15 million new displacements or 41,000 each day.
iv.Nearly two-thirds of all international migrants in 2020 (including refugees) were born in middle-income countries. Only 13% were born in low-income countries.
v.The Middle East and North Africa region is home to the largest number of international child migrants with greatest gender imbalance.
- There are around 9 million child migrants living in these regions in 2020 with 54.3% of them being boys.
- At the end of 2020, an estimated 23.3 million girls and boys were living in displacement due to conflict, violence or natural disaster;11.3 million were girls and 11.9 million were boys.
Navies of India & Algeria Conducts 1st ever ‘Maritime Partnership Exercise’ in Mediterranean SeaThe Indian Navy has conducted the 1st Ever Maritime Partnership Exercise with the Algerian Navy in the Mediterranean Sea on 29th August 2021.
- Indian Naval Ship (INS) Tabar, representing India, participated in the Exercise with a frontline Algerian Naval Ship (ANS) Ezzadjer, as a part of its goodwill Visit to Europe & Africa.
- It included diverse activities such as Co-ordinated manoeuvring, Communication procedures & Steam past between the two Navies
- The exercise enabled the two navies to understand the concept of operations followed by each other, enhanced interoperability & increased interaction and collaboration between them in the future.
Indian Naval Ship (INS) Tabar:
i.It is the 3rd Warship of the Talwar class frigate built for the Indian Navy in Russia. It is on a 4-month deployment (June to September 2021) across Europe & Africa.
ii.During this deployment, INS Tabar will make several port visits, Passage Exercise (PASSEX) & Bilateral exercises.
President – Abdelmadjid Tebboune
Capital – Algiers
Currency – Algerian Dinar
UNSC Adopts Resolution on Afghanistan Under India’s ChairUnited Nations Security Council (UNSC), the 15-Nation body has adopted a strong resolution on Afghanistan under India’s Presidency. China & Russia abstained from voting on the resolution.
- The resolution demands not to use Afghan territory to threaten or attack any country or to shelter or train terrorists, or to plan or to finance terrorist acts.
PM Narendra Modi Constitutes High-level Group to Monitor Situation in Afghanistan
Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi has constituted a high-level group comprising External Affairs Minister (EAM) Jaishankar, National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit Doval & Other Senior officials to monitor the ground situation in Afghanistan with a focus on India’s Immediate priorities.
About United Nations Security Council (UNSC):
UNSC is the only U.N. body that can make legally binding decisions like imposing sanctions and authorizing the use of force.
Establishment – 1945
Headquarters – New York, United States of America
Presidency – August 2021 – India; September 2021- Ireland
>>Read Full News
BANKING & FINANCE
Phone Pe – Received Approval from RBI to Operated AA; Received Insurance Broking Licence from IRDAIPhonePe Account Aggregator Pvt Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the PhonePe Group, received in-principle approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to operate as an Account Aggregator (AA) to share financial information.
- The license will enable PhonePe to launch its AA platform. Thus the platform will facilitate the free exchange of financial information between the financial information users (FIUs) and financial information providers (FIPs) on the AA Ecosystem in a safe and secure manner.
- Consent based data sharing: The exchange of data under the platform could be executed only with due consent from customers.
PhonePe Received Insurance Broking Licence from IRDAI
PhonePe has received an insurance ‘broking licence’ from the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI).
- The ‘direct broking’ licence will enable PhonePe to distribute insurance products from all insurance companies in India to its ~300 million registered users.
Headquarters – Bangalore, Karnataka
CEO – Sameer Nigam
>>Read Full News
BharatPe Launched P2P Lending app ‘12% Club’
BharatPe launched a P2P (Peer-to-Peer) investment-cum-borrowing application named the ‘12% Club’, which will enable its consumers to invest and borrow at a 12 percent interest rate.
- Under the 12% Club, the consumers could invest their savings through BharatPe’s partner P2P NBFCs (Non-Banking Finance Companies).
- Through the app, the consumers could obtain collateral-free loans of up to Rs 10 lakh for a tenure of 3 months.
Nigeria’s Central Bank Tie-up with Bitt Inc to Launch its Own Cryptocurrency ‘eNaira’Nigeria’s Central Bank announced the partnership with Bitt Inc, the global fintech company, as a technical partner for the launch of its own cryptocurrency ‘eNaira’ by the end of 2021.
- Backdrop: In February 2021, Nigeria barred banks and financial institutions from dealing in or facilitating transactions in cryptocurrencies. After which, the Central Bank of Nigeria has announced its plan of launching eNaira.
- The e-naira will act as a wallet and enable the customers to save their existing funds in their bank account.
- The cryptocurrency will improve financial inclusion and enable cheaper and faster remittance inflows.
World’s 1st CBDC:
i.In March 2021, Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) issued the ‘DCash’ which became the world’s 1st retail Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) to be publicly issued within a formal currency union.
ii.DCash was designed and developed by Bitt in partnership with the ECCB.
About Bitt Inc:
Headquarters – Saint Michael, Barbados
CEO – Brian Popelka
JICA Signed $50 million Loan Agreement with NAC for Women’s Financial Inclusion in IndiaThe Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) signed a $50 million (~ Rs 368 crore) loan agreement with an Indian financial institution Northern Arc Capital (NAC) to support the funding of Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs) in India, that provide financial services to women.
- This loan will be provided through co-financing with the United States International Development Finance Corporation (USDFC) based on the Facility for Accelerating Financial Inclusion in Asia (FAIA) (Announced on March 27, 2020).
- This loan is the 1st co-financing with USDFC in India.
i.The agreement intends to overcome Gender inequality in India by enabling Indian women with access to financial services.
ii.Under the Gender Gap Index (Global Gender Gap Report 2020), India ranked 112th out of 153 countries representing a country with a huge gender imbalance. It showcases the limited participation of women in economic activities.
iii.Around 40 percent of India’s female population (about 280 million women) have no access to financial services.
About Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA):
Headquarters – Tokyo, Japan
President – Shinichi Kitaoka
About Northern Arc Capital (NAC):
Establishment – 2008
Headquarters – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
CEO – Kshama Fernandes
IDBI Intech Implements Innovative Anti Money Laundering Solution at LIC IDBI Intech Limited, a technology-led business transformation organisation, has implemented its iAML (Anti Money Laundering) solution at Life Insurance Corporation of India(LIC), an Indian statutory insurance and investment corporation.
- IDBI Intech Ltd offers various specialised solutions in the banking, financial services and Insurance(BFSI) sector.
iAML will provide an Enterprise-Wide Single View of Risk & Compliance at the transactions and customer level harnessing advanced analytics, workflow and AI with a set of pre-built rules and scenarios.
About IDBI Intech Limited:
MD & CEO– Surajit Roy
Headquarters– Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
Incorporated in 2000
About Life Insurance Corporation of India(LIC):
Chairman– M R Kumar
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
>>Read Full News
Simplilearn Partners with IIIT Bangalore & NPCI to Provide Advanced Executive Programme in CybersecuritySimplilearn, one of the world’s leading certification training providers, has partnered with the International Institute of Information Technology(IIIT), Bangalore and National Payments Corporation of India(NPCI) to provide an advanced executive programme in cybersecurity.
- The program is designed to meet the skill requirements of mid-level management professionals of banking, cybersecurity, and finance domains who have technical knowledge of the basics of cybersecurity.
Features of the program:
i.The 6 months program consists of a comprehensive curriculum co-created by IIIT Bangalore and Simplilearn.
ii.Under this partnership the learners will gain access to virtual classes conducted by experts and masterclass by IIIT Bangalore faculties and experts from NPCI.
iii.The program focuses on industry-relevant skills in cybersecurity.
iv.The learners will receive a completion certificate from IIIT Bangalore and an internship completion letter jointly offered by NPCI, Simplilearn and IIIT Bangalore.
v.Topics covered under the programme includes Enterprise infrastructure security, Application and web application security, Ransomware and malware analysis and Ethical hacking and VAPT.
About Institute of Information Technology(IIIT), Bangalore:
Chairman– S Gopalakrishnan
Director– Debabrata Das
Established in 1999
Located in Bengaluru, Karnataka
About Simplilearn Solutions Private Limited:
Founder & CEO– Krishna Kumar
Headquarters– Bengaluru, Karnataka
Clix Housing Finance partners with IMGC for Mortgage Guarantee Backed Home LoansThe India Mortgage Guarantee Corporation (IMGC) is the country’s first and only mortgage guarantee company that had entered into the partnership with Clix Housing Finance Limited (HFL) to offer mortgage-backed home loan products for salaried and non-salaried customers in the affordable housing segment.
- IMGC is playing the role of lender in the field of affordable housing.
- Mortgage guarantee backed home loans will be provided at low EMIs and higher eligibility criteria with minimal risk.
- The loans will broaden Clix HFL’s coverage and provide support to the flagship mission of the Government of India “Housing for All by 2022”.
- At present, IMGC has partnered with more than 18 lenders including banks, housing finance companies, NBFCs etc and guaranteed home loans around INR 12000 crore to more than 60,000 home loan borrowers.
About India Mortgage Guarantee Corporation (IMGC)
Chief Executive Officer- Mahesh Misra
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
Infosys Becomes 4th Indian Company to Reach 100 Billion USD M-Cap
Infosys became the 4th Indian company and 2nd Indian software company after Tata Consultancy Services(TCS) to cross the 100 billion USD mark in terms of market capitalization(m-cap).
TCS, Reliance Industries and HDFC bank are other Indian companies that have crossed the 100 billion mark in terms of m-cap.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
RBI approved the Appointment of Sanjeeb Chaudhuri as Part-Time Chairman of IDFC FIRST BankThe Reserve Bank of India(RBI) gave the approval to the appointment of Sanjeeb Chaudhuri as the part-time chairman of IDFC(Infrastructure Development Finance Company) FIRST Bank Limited.Meanwhile he would continue to hold the office of the director owing to SEBI (Security and Exchange Board of India) order or any such authority.
- Sanjeeb Chaudhuri is MBA graduate in marketing and he was under the list of top 25 Media Visionaries in Asia Pacific in 2016.
- He has served as an independent Director and Audit, Nomination and Remuneration on CSR(Corporate Social Responsibility) member in Aditya Birla Group company.
- He was also a director and audit committee member at Standard Chartered Securities Limited,India.
- Presently, he is working as a Global Mentor at the Centre for Technology Management at Columbia Business, Newyork.
About Reserve Bank of India
- The Reserve Bank of India was established on April 1, 1935 in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
- The Central Office of the Reserve Bank was initially established in Calcutta but was permanently moved to Mumbai in 1937.
- Though originally privately owned, since nationalization in 1949, the Reserve Bank is fully owned by the Government of India.
RBI Governor- Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governor– Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Shankar
Headquarters – Mumbai
About IDFC First Bank
MD and CEO- V. Vaidyanathan
Carol Furtado appointed as Ujjivan SFB’s OSDThe board of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank (SFB) appointed Carol Furtado as an ‘officer on special duty (OSD)’ till September 30, 2021. Then from October 1, 2021, she will take charge as the interim Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the bank, subject to the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) approval.
- This decision has been taken after the resignation of the bank’s MD (Managing Director) and CEO Nitin Chugh last week.
- With this appointment, Carol Furtado resigned as the CEO of Ujjivan Financial Services.
i.Carol Furtado will be responsible for handling the day-to-day operations of the bank.
ii.She has been associated with Ujjivan SFB since inception.
iii.Notably, the board of Ujjivan SFB will submit two names for interim CEO to RBI for approval.
About Ujjivan Small Finance Bank (USFB):
Tagline– Build a Better Life
Headquarter– Bengaluru, Karnataka
Pankaj Kumar Singh Appointed as New BSF Director GeneralThe Appointment Committee of the Cabinet(ACC) appointed Pankaj Kumar Singh as the Director General(DG) of Border Security Force(BSF).He will take charge after the retirement of Indo Tibetan Border Force (ITBP) DG Surjeet Singh(S S) Deswal, who is holding additional charge as DG of BSF after the tenure Rakesh Asthana.
About Pankaj Kumar Singh:
i.He is a Indian Police Service(IPS) Officer of 1988 batch from Rajasthan cadre. The office tenure will last till his superannuation on December 31,2021.
ii.He is presently serving as the special director general (DG) of the force that guards over 6,300 km of the Indian fronts with Pakistan and Bangladesh.
- Sanjay Arora, IPS officer of 1988 batch from Tamil Nadu cadre was appointed as the new Chief of ITBP(Indo Tibetan Border Force).He would succeed SS Deswal.
- Balaji Srivastav, IPS officer of 1988 batch from AGMUT cadre was appointed as the Director General (DG) of Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D).
The Appointment Committee of Cabinet (ACC)-
i.The committee is headed by the Prime Minister,The Minister of Home Affairs and Minister in-charge of the concerned Ministry are the members of this committee.
The important functions of the committee are:
- Take decisions regarding all higher level appointments in the Cabinet Secretariat, public enterprises, banks and financial institutions.
About Border Security Force(BSF)
- The BSF is India’s primary border guarding force.This paramilitary force is one of the five Central Armed Police Forces in India.
- Its mandate is to guard the country’s land border during peacetime and also to prevent transnational crime.BSF was established as a response to the 1965 war with Pakistan when that country tried to expand its own borders at India’s expense.
Founded– 1 December 1965
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
PayU Acquired Billdesk for 4.7 Billion USD
PayU Payments Private Limited (PayU), a subsidiary of Prosus has entered into an agreement with the shareholders of IndiaIdeas.com Limited (BillDesk)to acquire 100% of its Equity shares for 4.7 Billion USD (around Rs 34 thousand Crores).
Prosus NV is a global consumer internet group and technology investor.
- The acquisition is subject to approval from the Competition Commission of India(CCI).
- The purchase consideration is 4.7 billion USD on a cash-free, debt-free basis and subject to a normalised level of working capital at Closing.
Reason for acquisition:
The partnership between PayU and BillDesk will enable them to meet the payment needs of digital consumers, merchants and government enterprises in India and provide the state of the art technology to the excluded sections of the society.
i.According to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)’s FY21 annual report, the number of transactions for digital retail payments has increased by more than 80% from 24 billion in 2018-2019 to 44 billion in 2020-21.
ii.RBI expects that more than 200 million new users will adopt digital payment in the next 3 years.
About IndiaIdeas.com Limited (BillDesk):
Co-founders– M.N. Srinivasu, Ajay Kaushal, Karthik Ganapathy
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Founded in 2000
Kotak Mahindra Bank to Sell 20Cr Shares of APBL to Bharti Enterprises for Rs 294 Cr Kotak Mahindra Bank is set to sell its 20 crore equity shares (around 8.57%) of Airtel Payment Bank Limited(APBL) to Bharti Enterprises Limited for a cash consideration of around Rs 294.8 crore.
- The Bharti Enterprises has received approval from the Reserve Bank of India to enable the execution of the proposed transaction.
- The proposed translation does not require any governmental or regulatory approvals.
i.The sale of the equity shares is expected to be completed on or before 15th September 2021 for the cash consideration of around Rs 294.8 crore, to be determined according to the terms of the share purchase agreement.
ii.Kotak Mahindra Bank acquired these shares for Rs 200 crore invested in trenches during calendar years 2016 and 2017.
About Kotak Mahindra Bank:
Kotak Mahindra Bank was established as Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd in 1985 and converted to Kotak Mahindra Bank in 2003.
MD & CEO- Uday Kotak
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Tagline– Let’s Make Money Simple
About Airtel Payment Bank Limited(APBL):
APBL commenced its operation as a payment bank with effect from 23rd November 2016.
MD & CEO– Anubrata Biswas
Headquarters– New Delhi
Incorporated on April 1, 2010
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
SpaceX launched ants, avocados, robot to ISSThe SpaceX’s Dragon spacecraft was launched from a recycled Falcon 9 rocket from the NASA’s (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) Kennedy Space Center on Merritt Island, Florida carrying shipment of ants, avocados and a human-sized robotic arm toward the International Space Station (ISS).
- After the launch, the rocket’s first-stage booster returned and landed upright on SpaceX’s newest ocean platform, named ‘A Shortfall of Gravitas’.
- This was SpaceX’s 23rd delivery towards the ISS in 10 years and 3rd launch for this particular booster.
i.The Dragon carried more than 4,800 pounds (2,170 kilograms) of supplies and experiments, and fresh food including avocados, lemons and even ice cream for the space station’s seven astronauts.
ii.The Girl Scouts sent ants, shrimp and plants for experiments while University of Wisconsin-Madison scientists sent seeds from mouse-ear cress, a small flowering weed used in genetic research. There are also Samples of concrete, solar cells and other materials for research.
iv.There is also a robotic arm which is sent to the ISS. It is manufactured by a Japanese start-up to perform chores around the Station.
What is the International Space Station (ISS)?
It is a home to astronauts in the form of large spacecraft which orbits around the earth. Its objective is to do research which could not be done on earth. It has science labs from the United States (NASA), Russia (Roscosmos), Japan (JAXA) and Europe (ESA).
- The first crew arrived on November 2, 2000.
- It is one of the brightest objects in the sky.
Sarbananda Sonowal Launches Y Break App in New DelhiUnion Minister of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Homeopathy (AYUSH), Sarbananda Sonowal has launched Mobile Appplication–Y Break App from Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi as part of week long activities & campaigns to commemorate ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ from August 30th to September 5th.
- The mobile application has been developed by Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY), New Delhi.
- Objective: A platform to make Yoga an integral part of people’s life at Workplace.
- A 5 minutes Yoga protocol for Office goers which includes Asanas, Pranayama & Dhyan.
- It will be helpful for all government & private employees to Refresh, reduce stress and refocus with enhanced immunity at their workplaces.
- Along with the app launch ,he also inaugurated the yearlong campaigns of cultivation of medicinal plants in farmland and distribution of medicinal plants to households, sensitisation of School and College going students on Ayush systems.
Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav
It is an initiative by the Government of India (GoI) to organise a series of events to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of India’s Independence.
- It will continue till 15th August, 2023. The Mahotsav will be celebrated as a Jan-Utsav in the spirit of Jan-Bhagidari.
About Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Homeopathy (AYUSH)
Union Minister – Sarbananda Sonowal (Currently, He is not a member of Parliament)
Minister of State – Mahendra Munjapara (Loksabha – Surendranagar, Gujarat)
India’s GM Iniyan Wins the 6th Noisiel International Chess Open, 2021Indian GrandMaster (GM) Iniyan.P has won the 6th Noisiel International Chess Open, 2021. The tournament was held from 23rd to 28th August, 2021 in Noisiel, France.
- Iniyan scored a double triumph at 6th Noisiel International Open as he won both Classical and Blitz events.
- Iniyan scored an unbeaten 8 points from 9 rounds. He won a trophy and EUR 1200 as his prize for winning the Classical tournament.
- Blitz event: He scored 7.5 points from 9 rounds. Two more players – GM Yuri Solodovnichenko (Ukraine) and GM Namig Guliyev (Azerbaijan) finished with the same score, however Iniyan had better tie-breaks, thus he won the championship. He received a trophy and EUR 250 for his efforts.
- He was born in September 2002 at Erode, Tamil Nadu. He is the 61st GM of India.
Note: GrandMaster (GM) is a title awarded to chess players by the World Chess Organisation FIDE (World Chess Federation Internationale).
About All India Chess Federation (AICF)
Founded – 1951
President – Sanjay Kapoor
Headquarters – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
President Appointed Acting Chief Justice for High Courts of Telangana, Sikkim & KarnatakaThe President of India, Ram Nath Kovind has appointed the Acting Chief Justice(ACJ) for the High Courts(HC) of Telangana, Sikkim & Karnataka by exercising his power conferred by Article 223 of the Constitution of India.
The current Chief Justice(CJ) of these high courts will be relinquished of the charge following their appointment as the Judges of the Supreme court of India.
Appointment of Judges of the Supreme Court of India:
i.CJI NV Ramana administered the oath of office for the 9 new judges on 31st August 2021 at the auditorium of the Supreme Court’s additional building complex.
ii.For the first time, 9 judges took the oath of office at one go in the Supreme Court of India.
iii.The appointment of the 9 Judges including 3 women, takes the total strength of judges of the Supreme court to 33 (including the Chief Justice of India (CJI)), the maximum possible strength of the Supreme Court is 34.
Justice AM Khanwilkar Appointed as Chairman of SCLSC:
Justice AM Khanwilkar, the second senior-most judge in the Supreme Court, has been appointed as the Chairman of Supreme Court Legal Services Committee(SCLSC). He succeeded Justice Rohinton Fali Nariman(RF Nariman) who retired on 12th August 2021.
About Supreme court of India:
The Supreme Court (Number of Judges) Act, 1956, fixes the maximum number of judges in the Supreme Court at 30 judges (excluding the Chief Justice of India).
The Supreme Court (Number of Judges) Amendment Bill, 2019 increases this number from 30 to 33(excluding CJI).
The Supreme court of India came into being on 26th January 1950.
Chief Justice of India– Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana
Located in Delhi
>>Read Full News
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman Launched ‘My Pad My Right’ Project in TripuraNirmala Sitharaman, Union Minister of Finance has launched the “My Pad My Right” (MPMR) project, at Killa Village, Gomati District, Tripura on the concluding day of her 2-day visit to Tripura.
MPMR project is an initiative of the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) and NABFOUNDATION, a wholly-owned subsidiary of NABARD to install low cost sanitary pad making machines in more than 700 districts.
Aim of MPMR project:
To bring livelihood and menstrual hygiene closer to rural women by way of grant, wage support and capital equipment.
Features of MPMR Project:
Under the MPMR Project, one sanitary pad making machine, raw materials for two months, wages for 50 days, packaging material with accessories and a five-day training in three phases will be provided.
i.Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman flagged off the mobile ATM van of Tripura State Co-Operative Bank Limited which is set to cover all the Gram Panchayats and Village Committees of South Tripura District.
ii.She also interacted with the Women Self Help Group(SHG) members under the Micro-Enterprise Development Programme (MEDP) of NABARD.
Chief Minister– Biplab Kumar Deb
Wildlife Sanctuary– Gomati Wildlife Sanctuary; Rowa Wildlife Sanctuary
Airport– Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport; Kamalpur Airport; Khowai Airport
Telangana govt’s IT&C partnered with Marut drones under ‘Hara Bhara’ Projecti.The Telangana Information technology (IT) Minister Kalvakuntla Taraka Rama Rao (KTR) announced the initiation of a drone-based afforestation project, named ‘Hara Bhara’ during a the launch of ‘AgHub’, or Agri Innovation Hub, at the Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agriculture University (PJTSAU) in Hyderabad, Telangana.
ii.In this regard, Telangana’s Information technology & communication (IT&C) and forest departments have partnered with Marut Drones, a Hyderabad-based startup.
iii.Under this project, 5 million (50 Lakh) trees will be planted in 12,000 hectares across all 33 districts of the state. It is India’s first project.
Governor– Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan
Wildlife sanctuaries– Pakhal Wildlife Sanctuary, Jannaram Wildlife Sanctuary, Kawal Wildlife Sanctuary
Tiger Reserves– Nagarjunsagar Srisailam Tiger Reserve, Kawal Tiger Reserve, and Amrabad Tiger reserve
>>Read Full News
UT of Chandigarh, IAF Signs Pact for India’s 1st Air Force Heritage Center in Chandigarh The Chandigarh Administration has signed an Agreed In Principle (AIP) with the Indian Air Force (IAF) to establish the Air Force Heritage Center in the Government Press Building, Chandigarh.
- The AIP was signed between Vinod P Kavle, Secretary Culture, Union Territory (UT) of Chandigarh & Air Marshal Vikram Singh, IAF
- This is India’s 1st Air Force heritage center.
i.IAF will showcase its vintage aircraft, armaments, memorabilia with video-audio display & other IAF artefacts.
ii.The heritage center will be an iconic place by attracting tourists from India & Abroad. It will be one of the most educative and informative centres for the people.
iii.This will act as a platform to motivate youths of our nation to join the AirForce and further reinforce national integration.
iv.The center will also include a simulator wherein the public can experience the flying of the IAF aircraft.
Administrator/Governor – Banwarilal Purohit
UNESCO World Heritage Site – Complexe du Capitole, designed by the architect, Le Corbusier
Airport – Shaheed Bhagat Singh International Airport
About Indian Air Force (IAF):
Chief of the Air Staff – Marshal RKS Bhadauria
Headquarters – New Delhi
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 1 September 2021|
|1||Ladakh Nomadic Festival Inaugurated at Korzok Phu by LG RK Mathur|
|2||Children living as Migrants or Refugees increased to 35.5mn in 2020: UNICEF Report|
|3||Indian Navy’s Maiden Exercise with Algerian Navy|
|4||Under India’s Presidency, UNSC adopts strong resolution on Afghanistan|
|5||Phone Pe – Received Approval from RBI to Operated AA; Received Insurance Broking Licence from IRDAI|
|6||BharatPe Launched P2P Lending app ‘12% Club’|
|7||Nigeria’s Central Bank Tie-up with Bitt Inc to Launch its Own Cryptocurrency ‘eNaira’|
|8||JICA Signed $50 million Loan Agreement with NAC for Women’s Financial Inclusion in India|
|9||IDBI Intech implements its innovative Anti Money Laundering solution at LIC|
|10||Simplilearn ties up with IIIT, Bangalore, NPCI to provide advanced executive prog in cybersecurity|
|11||Clix Housing Finance partners with IMCG for Mortgage Guarantee Backed Home Loans|
|12||Infosys becomes 4th Indian company to touch $100 bn market cap|
|13||RBI approved the Appointment of Sanjeeb Chaudhuri as Part-Time Chairman of IDFC FIRST Bank|
|14||Carol Furtado appointed as Ujjivan SFB’s OSD|
|15||Pankaj Kumar Singh Appointed as New BSF Director General|
|16||PayU Acquired Billdesk for 4.7 Billion USD|
|17||Kotak Mahindra Bank to sell 20 cr shares of Airtel Payments Bank to Bharti Enterprises for ₹294 cr|
|18||SpaceX launched ants, avocados, robot to ISS|
|19||Sarbananda Sonowal Launches Y Break App in New Delhi|
|20||India’s GM Iniyan Wins the 6th Noisiel International Chess Open, 2021|
|21||President Appointed Acting Chief Justice for High Courts of Telangana, Sikkim & Karnataka|
|22||Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman Launched ‘My Pad My Right’ Project in Tripura|
|23||Telangana govt’s IT&C partnered with Marut drones under ‘Hara Bhara’ Project|
|24||UT of Chandigarh, IAF Signs Pact for India’s 1st Air Force Heritage Center in Chandigarh|