We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 1 November 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs November 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
MoES launches India’s 1st Manned Ocean Mission ‘Samudrayan’ at ChennaiOn 29th October 2021, Dr Jitendra Singh, Minister of State (Independent Charge) – Ministry of Earth Science, launched India’s 1st Manned Ocean Mission ‘Samudrayan’ from the National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- With this launch, India joins the Unique set of countries in the World (like USA, Russia, Japan, France & China) to have an underwater vehicle to carry out subsea missions.
- MATSYA 6000, the manned submersible developed under India’s Deep Sea Mission, is currently developed with support from DRDO, ISRO & IIT Madras.
Note – In 2020, China touched the ocean depth of 11,000m using its manned submersible named ‘Fendouzhe’.
About Ministry of Earth Science (MoES):
MoES was established in February 2006, from the Department of Ocean Development (DoD) as the Ministry of Ocean Development
Organisations Under MoES:
- Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) – Pune, Maharashtra
- National Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting (NCMRWF) – Noida, Uttar Pradesh
13th Meeting of Heads of NSOs of BRICS Countries held virtually; Chaired by India’s Dr. G. P. Samanta
On October 28, 2021, the 13th Meeting of Heads of National Statistical Offices (NSO) of BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) Countries was held virtually under the Chairship of India.
- The meeting was chaired by G. P. Samanta, Chief Statistician of India and Secretary, Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), Government of India.
- The meeting was attended by representatives from the National Statistical Offices (NSOs) of BRICS Countries.
Theme of the meeting:
NSOs efforts in monitoring Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Release of (JSP) 2021 and JSP Snapshot 2021:
During the meeting, the Joint Statistical Publication (JSP) 2021 and JSP Snapshot 2021 for BRICS Countries were released.
- The first chapter of JSP 2021 provides general information with comparable statistics of the five countries, while the other 14 states the past development and current status of the individual countries.
- The first BRICS JSP Snapshot 2021 was also released by NSO India which is a shorter version of BRICS JSL 2021. This snapshot is to engage a wide range of users, as per the agreement by the member countries.
About Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI):
Minister of State Independent Charge – Rao Inderjit Singh (Constituency – Gurugram, Haryana)
Headquarter– New Delhi
Rajnath Singh Addresses “2021 Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue”Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh addressed the “Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue” (IPRD) 2021, where he highlighted the importance of protecting the maritime interest of countries & maintaining a rule-based maritime system as per the United Nations Convention on the Law of Seas (UNCLOS), 1982.
i.2021’s IPRD was held under the theme “Evolution in Maritime Strategy during the 21st Century: Imperatives, Challenges and Way Ahead”, in a virtual format between 27th -29th October 2021.
ii.Minister discussed on the potential of maritime trade & the challenges faced (Terrorism, piracy, drug trafficing) amonst the countries.
iii. Under IPRD 2021, Panel discussions were conducted on 8 specific sub-themes:
- Evolving Maritime Strategies within the Indo-Pacific
- Adaptive Strategies to Address the Impact of Climate Change upon Maritime Security
- Port-led Regional Maritime Connectivity and Development Strategies
- Cooperative Maritime Domain Awareness Strategies
- Impact of the Increasing Recourse to Lawfare upon a Rules-based Indo-Pacific Maritime Order
- Strategies to Promote Regional Public-Private Maritime Partnerships
- Energy-Insecurity and Mitigating Strategies
- Strategies to Address the Manned-Unmanned Conundrum at Sea
Key Participants – Admiral Karambir Singh, Chief of the Naval Staff; Admiral Sunil Lanba (Retd), former Chief of the Naval Staff and Chairman
IPRD is the annual international conference of the Indian Navy, organised since 2018, which reviews the opportunities & challenges faced in the Indo-Pacific region.
Chief Organiser – National Maritime Foundation, annually organises IPRD, it is also the knowledge partner of Indian Navy
About Indian Navy:
Chief of Naval Staff – Admiral Karambir Singh
Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Navy) – New Delhi
MoRD launches initiative to enable rural SHG women to earn at least Rs 1 lakh per annum
The Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) has launched an initiative to enable rural SHG (Self Help Group) women to Lakhpati and take women to the higher economic order by earning at least Rs.1 lakh per annum.
- In the next two years, the ministry will provide livelihood support to 25 million rural women associated with SHGs.
- Initial capitalisation support of Rs 80,000 crore is being credited to SHGs annually.
Stakeholders Consultation Workshop:
i.The workshop was held with the States, BMGF (Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation) and TRIF (Transformation Rural India Foundation) in order to make rural women sustain an annual income of INR 1 Lakh.
ii.The importance of well-planned interventions to expand livelihood activities at the household level from Agriculture and allied, Livestock, NTFP (Non-timber Forest Products) and other interventions through convergence were highlighted in the workshop.
DeenDayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihood Mission(DAY-NRLM):
i.It is a flagship scheme of the MoRD where rural poor women will be guided with capacity building programmes to enable them towards higher-order economic activities
ii.The mission has made successful strides through the “Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana” (MKSP) bringing focus on the role of women as farmers.
- The MKSP, a sub component of the DAY-NRLM. It seeks to improve the present status of women in Agriculture, and to enhance the opportunities available to empower her.
REEL Launches India’s Largest Landfill Biogas Plant in HyderabadRamky Enviro Engineers Limited (REEL) has inaugurated one of the world’s first and India’s largest landfill gas-to-compressed biogas plant at the Hyderabad Integrated Municipal Solid Waste (HiMSW) site, Telangana.
The end (Biogas) product of the plant will be sold to Bhagyanagar Gas Limited (BGL).
The project will focus on the conversation of landfill gas into compressed biogas as an automotive fuel.
i.The project manages approximately 6 million tonnes per annum of municipal solid waste in 21 cities spread across India and over 1 million tonnes per annum of industrial hazardous waste.
Ii.The project will provide significant benefits such as carbon sequestration and reduced emissions of GHGs (GreenHouse Gases) into the environment and contribute to the greening of the automotive industry.
iii.REEL offers environmental services and infrastructure solutions under various categories such as waste management, waste to energy, recycling and environment solutions such as remediation.
About Ramky Enviro Engineers Limited (REEL)
Chairman: B.S Shantharaju
MD & CEO: Goutham Reddy
Headquarters: Hyderabad, Telangana
14th Urban Mobility Conference 2021 Inaugurated by Hardeep Singh Puri
Union Minister of Housing & Urban Affairs and Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas Hardeep Singh Puri virtually inaugurated the 14th Edition of Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference 2021 with the theme of “Mobility for All” for achieving the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- Objective: To provide equitable access to affordable, clean, safe, informative, efficient and accessible transport systems for all sections of the society especially the specially-abled, women, elderly and children.
- 15th UMI conference will be held at Kochi, Kerala from 4th to 6th November 2022 with the theme of “[email protected]: Sustainable AtmaNirbhar Urban Mobility”.
- Hardeep Singh Puri presented 13 awards to the state/city winners for ‘Excellence in Urban Transport’.
About Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs:
Union Minister – Hardeep Singh Puri (Constituency – Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of State – Kaushal Kishore (Constituency – Uttar Pradesh)
>>Read Full News
BANKING & FINANCE
ADB Approved USD 250 Million Loan to Support India’s NICDPThe Asian Development Bank (ADB) approved the 250 million USD (~Rs 1873 crore) loan to support the National Industrial Corridor Development Program (NICDP) of India.
This is the first subprogram of the programmatic USD 500 million loan to develop 11 industrial corridors across 17 states.
- This loan is in line with India’s reform agenda to strengthen industrial infrastructure and support to enhance the competitiveness of India’s manufacturing sector, increase the share of manufacturing in the Gross Domestic Products(GDP) and generate a high level of formal employment.
Features of the loan:
This first subprogram loan will create opportunities for domestic and foreign investors by providing support to the government initiatives to strengthen the institutional framework and capacity development for industrial corridor planning, improve project readiness, and facilitate ease of doing business.
About National Industrial Corridor Development Program (NICDP):
i.NICDP aims to develop world-class industrial nodes, supported by urban agglomerations and multimodal connectivity, international gateways like ports and airports and inclusive, climate-resilient, and sustainable infrastructure.
ii.The NICDP also desires to achieve strong institutional and regulatory frameworks.
Industrial Park Rating System (IPRS):
i.The Industrial Park Rating System (IPRS) has been upgraded to boost the industrial infrastructure competitiveness and support policies to enable industrialisation across India.
ii.As a part of NICDP, it is also developing guidelines for green corridor framework and climate-resilient infrastructure with a focus on enhancing skills of the female labour.
About Asian Development Bank (ADB):
President– Masatsugu Asakawa
Managing Director General– Woochong Um
Establishment in 1966
Members– 68 members(49 are from within Asia & the Pacific and 19 outside)
Headquarters– Metro Manila, Philippines
RBI Eased Current Account Rules for Bank Exposures Less than Rs 5 croreOn account of the feedback received from the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA), the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has eased the Current Account (CA) rules for bank exposures less than Rs 5 crore and allowed borrowers to open CAs, Cash Credit (CC) and OverDraft (OD) from the banking system under certain provisions.
i.Bank Exposure less than Rs 5 Crore:
- RBI has issued no restriction on opening of CAs or on provision of CC/OD facility by banks for borrowers with less than Rs 5 crore exposure to the banking system
- Condition: Those borrowers should inform the bank(s), as and when the credit facilities availed by them from the banking system reaches Rs 5 crore or more.
ii.Bank Exposure of Rs 5 Crore/more:
- RBI has allowed borrowers with exposure of the banking system to Rs 5 crore or more to maintain CAs with any one of the banks with which it has a CC/OD facility.
- Condition: Only if the bank has at least 10 percent of the exposure of the banking system to that borrower.
iii.The bank having that are the highest exposure is enabled to open CAs when no lender has at least 10 per cent exposure to the borrower.
iv.Non-lending banks are not permitted to open CAs.
i.It is a credit facility that will be provided by banks to allow customers to use or withdraw money from their savings or current account even when there is no balance or minimum balance up to the approved limit.
ii.OD will work like an approved loan but the banks will charge interest only on the utilized amount for the time when it is used.
>>Read Full News
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Govt Appointed Justice Ashok Bhushan as Chairperson of NCLAT & Justice Ramalingam Sudhakar as President of NCLTThe Appointments Committee of the Cabinet(ACC) has approved the proposal to appoint Justice Ashok Bhushan, former Judge of the Supreme Court of India, as the Chairperson of National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) for a period of 4 years from the date of assumption of charge of the post or till he attains the age of 70 years or until further order.
i.Justice SJ Mukhopadhaya the first chairperson of NCLAT had retired on 14th March 2020 following which the NCLAT has been functioning with acting chairpersons.
ii.Prior to the appointment of Justice Ashok Bhushan, Justice Bansi Lal Bhat served as the Acting Chairperson of NCLAT and Justice Ashok Iqbal Singh Cheema (A.I.S. Cheema) served as the Officiating Chairperson of NCLAT.
About Justice Ashok Bhushan:
i.Justice Ashok Bhushan hails from the Jaunpur district of Uttar Pradesh.
ii.He has served as the Judge in Allahabad High court and also served as Judge, Acting Chief Justice, and Chief Justice of the High Court of Kerala.
iii.He was later elevated as Judge of the Supreme Court of India in May 2016 and served till July 2021.
Justice Ramalingam Sudhakar appointed as President of NCLT:
The government has also approved the appointment of Justice Ramalingam Sudhakar, former chief justice(CJ) of Manipur High Court(HC) as the President of the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT).
Following the retirement of Justice Mahesh Mittal Kumar as President of NCLT on 5th January 2020, BSV Prakash Kumar was appointed as the Acting President of NCLT, followed by 6 acting presidents.
About Justice Ramalingam Sudhakar:
i.Justice Ramalingam Sudhakar hails from Tamil Nadu.
ii.He has served as the Acting Chief Justice of Jammu and Kashmir High Court and Judge of Jammu and Kashmir High Court and Madras High Court.
iii.He was Elevated as Chief Justice of Manipur High Court in May 2018 and retired in February 2021.
About National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT):
NCLAT was constituted under Section 410 of the Companies Act, 2013 for hearing appeals against the orders NCLT, with effect from 1st June 2016.
Principal Bench– New Delhi
About National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT):
NCLT was constituted under section 408 of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013) with effect from 1st June 2016.
Principal Bench– New Delhi
Other Benches– 14 (Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Cuttack, Jaipur, Kochi, Amravati, and Indore)
Harbhajan Singh, Javagal Srinath listed in MCC awards Honorary Life MembershipIn October 2021, the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) released the list of 18 Cricketers who were selected for the MCC awards Honorary Life Membership of the Club. The list witnessed the names of 2 former Indian cricketers – Harbhajan Singh and Javagal Srinath.
i.MCC gives the privilege of Honorary Lifetime membership to some of the finest cricketers across the world.
ii.This year’s list saw the names of 18 players, including 15 Male & 3 Female players (Sarah Taylor, Sara McGlashan and Alexandra Blackwell)
The 18 players present in this year’s list where from 8 of the 12 Test playing countries:
- England – Alastair Cook, Ian Bell, Marcus Trescothick, Sarah Taylor
- South Africa – Hashim Amla, Herschelle Gibbs, Jacques Kallis & Morne Morkel
- West Indies – Ian Bishop, Shivnarine Chanderpaul & Ramnaresh Sarwan
- Australia – Alexandra Blackwell & Damien Martyn
- India – Harbhajan Singh & Javagal Srinath
- Sri Lanka – Rangana Herath
- New Zealand – Sara McGlashan
- Zimbabwe – Grant Flower
i.Harbhajan Singh – Harbhajan with 417 career wickets, is India’s 3rd highest wicket taker in Test cricket, only after Anil Kumble (619) & Kapil Dev (434)
ii.Javagal Srinath – With 315 ODI wickets, Srinath is the 2nd highest wicket-taker for India in ODI format, only after Anil Kumble (334)
iii. Since the inception of the award, Indian cricketers like Kapil Dev, SM Gavaskar, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman & 32 other Indians have received the award.
About Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC):
Founded – 1787
Location – Lord’s Cricket Ground, London, United Kingdom
Chief Executive – Derek Brewer
Legendary Australian All-rounder Alan Davidson & Spinner Ashley Mallet Passed Away The Australian all-rounder cricketer Alan Keith Davidson passed away at the age of 92. He was the first player to score 100 runs and take 10 wickets in a single Test match.
- Alan Davidson was the New South Wales (NSW) all-rounder and a left-arm swing bowler. He claimed 186 wickets and scored 1328 runs during his career.
i.Alan Keith Davidson was born in 1929, Lisarow, Australia.
ii.He was the President of Cricket NSW for 33 years, served 20 years as a Trustee of the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) and 5 years as an Australian Test selector (ATS) between 1979-84.
iii.He played in 44 Tests for Australia and he was inducted into the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Hall of Fame in 2011.
Former Australian Test Star Ashley Mallett passes away
Former Australian Test spinner Ashley Mallett passed away at the age of 76 in Adelaide, South Australia. He was battling cancer.
- Ashley Mallett also was famous as “Rowdy” (nickname). He played 38 Tests from his debut against England in 1968.
- He was born on 13th July, 1945 in Sydney, New South Wales.
Madhya Pradesh Govt Announces Scheme to Provide Free Residential Plots to Families
Under Mukhyamantri Awasiya Bhu-dhikar Yojana, Madhya Pradesh government will provide plots of land to families who do not have land to build their homes.
- The construction of houses comes under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Objective – To ensure that every family has the right to a dignified life with basic necessities.
Guidelines for allotment of plots
i.Family should consist of a married couple and their unmarried children, and families living in a particular village are eligible.
ii.For residential plot, the application must be submitted through online SAARA Portal
iii.The eligible applications will be given ownership rights in joint names of husband and wife
i.The scheme provides residential plots to the eligible families on Abadi land in each Gram Panchayat.
ii.The maximum area of the residential plot will be 60 sq.
iii.The village-wise list of eligible families under the scheme will be published for the purpose of inviting objections and suggestions from the concerned villagers.
iv.The objections and suggestions are invited in less than 10 days.
About Madhya Pradesh
Chief Minister – Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Wildlife sanctuaries – Ghatigaon wildlife sanctuary, Karera Wildlife Sanctuary, Ken Gharial wildlife sanctuary.
Tiger Reserve – Screw Tiger reserve, Sanjay Tiger Reserve, Satpura Tiger Reserve.
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 1 November 2021|
|1||MoES launches India’s 1st Manned Ocean Mission ‘Samudrayan’ at Chennai|
|2||13th Meeting of Heads of NSOs of BRICS Countries held virtually; Chaired by India’s Dr. G. P. Samanta|
|3||Rajnath Singh addresses “2021 Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue”|
|4||MoRD launches initiative to enable rural SHG women to earn at least Rs 1 lakh per annum|
|5||REEL Launches India’s Largest Landfill Biogas Plant in Hyderabad|
|6||14th Urban Mobility Conference 2021 Inaugurated by Hardeep Singh Puri|
|7||ADB Approved USD 250 Million Loan to Support India’s NICDP|
|8||RBI Eased Current Account Rules for Bank Exposures Less than Rs 5 crore|
|9||Govt Appointed Justice Ashok Bhushan as Chairperson of NCLAT & Justice Ramalingam Sudhakar as President of NCLT|
|10||Harbhajan Singh, Javagal Srinath listed in MCC awards Honorary Life Membership|
|11||Legendary Australian All-rounder Alan Davidson & spinner Ashley Mallet Passed Away|
|12||Madhya Pradesh Govt Announces Scheme to Provide Free Residential Plots to Families|