India’s Test captain Virat Kohli will be presented with Polly Umrigar Award for BCCI cricketer of the year and Mithali Raj will be conferred with M.A. Chidambaram Trophy for Best Woman Cricketer of 2014-15 in the senior category while Devika Vaidya will be awarded from the junior category.
- This is the second time that Kohli will be honoured with the Polly Umrigar Award, after winning it in 2011-12. In his 20 ODI outings this year, Kohli managed 623 runs at an average of 36.65.
- Under Kohli, the Indian team ended a 22-year wait for a series win on Sri Lankan soil before battering South Africa to give them their first overseas loss in nine years.
- Mithali, on the other hand, became the first Indian woman and second overall to complete 5,000 runs in ODI format this year.
- Former wicketkeeper Syed Kirmani will be presented the CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Karnataka State Cricket Association has been chosen the state association of the year for achieving the treble of winning the Ranji Trophy, Irani Cup and Vijay Hazare Trophy in the season.
- Karnataka all-rounder Robin Uthappa has been picked for the Madhavrao Scindia Award for being the highest run-scorer in Ranji Trophy.
- Karnataka’s R Vinay Kumar and Mumbai’s Shardul Thaku shared the top wicket-taker’s award.