The 2nd IAP meeting will be hosted by the the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India in partnership with the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UN International Strategy for Disaster Reduction, UN-ISDR).
Location & Date : New Delhi on Nov.17-19, 2015
Main Discussion topics of the IAP Meeting:
- The substantive preparation of AMCDRR, 2016 to be held in New Delhi on November 14-17 next year.
- Substantive issues related to the implementation of the Sendai framework at the regional, national and local level.
The main consultation forum for the regional platform AMCDRR in Asia – IAP
The IAP launched in 2004 and finally expanded in 2007 to act as the support mechanism for the Asia Regional Platform for DRR and has been meeting twice a year.
Fundamental role of the IAP :
- To support the political leadership of the regional platform through series of Asia Ministerial Conferences (AMC- DRR)
- To support the biennial progress review of the HFA implementation
- To improve regional coordination and coherence through regional experience sharing
The 1st Asian Ministerial Conference for Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR) after the introduction of the Sendai Framework will be hosted by the Government of India in November 2016.
AMCDRR – A biennial conference jointly organized by different Asian countries and the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR)
Previous hosts of AMCDRR conferences : Beijing, People’s Republic of China (2005); New Delhi, Republic of India (2007); Kuala Lumpur, Federation of Malaysia (2008); Incheon, Republic of Korea (2010); Yogyakarta, Republic of Indonesia (2012); Bangkok, Kingdom of Thailand (2014).
The “Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030” was adopted during the Third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction held in Sendai, Japan on 14-18 March, 2015 where India was represented by the Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh.
The AMCDRR meeting will be co-chaired by Shri Kiren Rijiju, Minister of State for Home Affairs of India as host of the next Asia Ministerial Conference on DRR in 2016 and United Nations Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Disaster Risk Reduction, Ms Margareta Wahlstrom.
ISDR Asia Partnership – IAP
Asia Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction – AMCDRR
Hyogo Framework for Action- HFA