Ravichandran Ashwin became the fastest Indian bowler to reach 150 Test wicket(100th on Indian soil) breakthrough in his 29th Test against South Africa at the PCA Stadium(Mohali) and the joint fourth fastest in the history of Test cricket.
Out of his 150 wickets, Ashwin has taken
- 100-Indian soil
- 21-Australia and Sri Lanka
- 5 -Bangladesh
- 3 – England
Ashwin has played one wicketless Test in South Africa
Former England seamer Sydney Barnes was the fastest to reach 150 wickets as he acquired the triumph in his 24th match followed by Pakistan pacer Waqar Younis and Australia leg spinner Clarrie Grimmett(born in New Zealand)
- Before Ashwin, Erapalli Prasanna and Anil Kumble were the fastest to this landmark reached there in 34 Tests.
About R Ashwin:
- Ravichandran Ashwin born in Chennai and is a right-handed batsman
- Plays for Tamil Nadu in domestic cricket and the Chennai Super Kings in Indian Premier League.
- Fastest Indian bowler to reach the 50 and 100 wicket mark in Test cricket
Man of the series: Against Sri Lanka
- Arjuna Award(2014)
- ICC Test Team of the Year(2013)
- BCCI’s Polly Umrigar Award for international cricketer of the year(2012–13)