To build partnership in areas of education, research and development Department of Pharmaceuticals has actively engaged both the NIPERs and the Pharma Industry. As a result 7 National Institutes for Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPERs) have ventured Academia-Industry linkage with 17 Pharma Industries of Private and Public sector.
- 7 NIPERs exchanged MOUs with Industry heads in the presence President of India Pranab Mukherjee as a part of Visitors conference.
- A total of 45 MOUs were exchanged between Central Institutions viz., IITs, NIPERs, IISERs,IIITs, IISc-B, NIFT, NITs, RGIPT, RGNIYD & SPAs. Of the 45, 17 are under Pharmaceuticals sector. Thus the initiative of Department of Pharmaceuticals stands out.
- Globally India ranks 3rd largest in volume and 10th in value. Every third tablet consumed globally is made in India.
NIPER PRIVATE PHARMA INDUSTRY SUBJECT OF THE MoU Hyderabad (11 MoUs)
NIPER CPSE SUBJECT OF THE MOU Mohali (6 MoUs)
- Sun Pharmaceuticals is the top Pharmaceutical company in Indian market
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) is the first national level institute in pharmaceutical sciences with a proclaimed objective of becoming a centre of excellence for advanced studies and research in pharmaceutical sciences. The Government of India has declared NIPER as an Institute of National Importance.